PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of any retail stores..

The Bad Guy
11-26-2004, 01:46 PM
That carry dc adapters?

I need a 9 volt, 2.2 amp one and I can't find it anywhere.

I called Radio Shack, they don't carry them.

Does anyone know where I can get one?

I lost the adapter for my portable dvd charger and I'm on a big trip tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated.

Brando
11-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Best buy seems to carry an assortment. I would look around on the web for a retailer that has them on their website and then call your local store to make sure it's in stock.

Brando
11-26-2004, 02:07 PM
maybe something like this?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826317167&skuId=5450308&type=product

Phobia
11-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Buying a new one is the best way to find your old one. FWIW.

chiefs4me
11-26-2004, 05:08 PM
We always tend to find stuff like that and other gadgets that we need at big truck stops, they have it all.

4th and Long
11-26-2004, 05:13 PM
We always tend to find stuff like that and other gadgets that we need at big truck stops, they have it all.
Truck stops? You frequent truck stops for your shopping needs? :spock:

Skip Towne
11-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Do they have merkins?

chiefs4me
11-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Truck stops? You frequent truck stops for your shopping needs? :spock:

As a matter of fact, quite often since the biggest truck stop I have ever seen is a mile away and they are on every corner and I need to fuel up the truck quite often and our family is in the trucking business! I would sooner stop at the (gas station/truck stop) for a loaf of bread,or gal of milk then fighting the morons at the grocery store or walmart.:thumb:

Brando
11-26-2004, 07:42 PM

Careful man..I'm sure some of the stranger guys on here are lot lizards. I wouldn't give out any more info about your truck.

chiefs4me
11-26-2004, 07:52 PM
What info,,don't you people stop at gas stations? And I certainly don't drive a big rig if that's what your thinking.

4th and Long
11-26-2004, 07:54 PM
What info,,don't you people stop at gas stations? And I certainly don't drive a big rig if that's what your thinking.
Of course we all stop at gas stations ...

TO BUY GASOLINE!

:p

Brando
11-26-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm just saying..GoChiefs strikes me as the type that lurks at truckstops looking for cream filled twinkies.

chiefs4me
11-26-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm just saying..GoChiefs strikes me as the type that lurks at truckstops looking for cream filled twinkies.

ROFL

ENDelt260
11-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Do they have merkins?
ROFL

ENDelt260
11-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Of course we all stop at gas stations ...

TO BUY GASOLINE!

:p
Last night I bought a frozen pizza and a twelver of Diet Pepsi at one.

4th and Long
11-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah but ... you're a drunken prickface. :p

chiefs4me
11-26-2004, 08:23 PM

Now see,, our stations would of had hot pizza for you.:thumb:

Skip Towne
11-26-2004, 09:04 PM
ROFL
Yeah, I was baiting her into asking me what they were but she didn't bite.

ENDelt260
11-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Now see,, our stations would of had hot pizza for you.:thumb:
I remember one time in college spending the weekend with a gal in her little hick hometown. This conversation occurred...

"Wanna order a pizza?"
"Sure."
"Casey's or Texaco?"
"Wha--?"

Brando
11-26-2004, 09:08 PM
I remember one time in college spending the weekend with a gal in her little hick hometown. This conversation occurred...

"Wanna order a pizza?"
"Sure."
"Casey's or Texaco?"
"Wha--?"

I hope that you responded, "How 'bout we get a pizza then we f@#k? What you don't like Pizza?"

Skip Towne
11-26-2004, 09:12 PM

"Wanna order a pizza?"
"Sure."
"Casey's or Texaco?"
"Wha--?"
Saaay! That WAS a small town.

ENDelt260
11-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Saaay! That WAS a small town.
We might've even had to go into the next town to get to the gas station that had the pizza. I don't recall for sure... that was many cases of beer and ounces of bud ago.

I know there were a bunch of HS kids hanging out at the gas station. Boy, I'm glad I didn't grow up there.

"Whatcha doin' Friday night?"
"I thought I might go park at the gas station and... sit there."

Brando
11-26-2004, 09:19 PM

"Hey Baby..ever have your @sshole licked by a fat man in a trenchcoat?"

Bob Dole
11-26-2004, 09:21 PM

"Wanna order a pizza?"
"Sure."
"Casey's or Texaco?"
"Wha--?"

Bob Dole misses Casey's pizza...

Good Eli! Did Bob Dole just admit that in public?

Skip Towne
11-26-2004, 09:32 PM
We might've even had to go into the next town to get to the gas station that had the pizza. I don't recall for sure... that was many cases of beer and ounces of bud ago.

I know there were a bunch of HS kids hanging out at the gas station. Boy, I'm glad I didn't grow up there.

I'm sure glad I have webtv and my TV is 7 feet away or I would have spewed it with Keystone Light.

Logical
11-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Radio Shack

badgirl
11-26-2004, 11:50 PM
thats what I was thinking before I read your post, I used to drive a truck and I can tell you they do have things you wouldn't find other places. :thumb:

ENDelt260
11-27-2004, 12:56 PM
"Hey Baby..ever have your @sshole licked by a fat man in a trenchcoat?"
Heh heh. That's always a fun one to scream out.

It's amazing how many people just don't remember that part of the movie.

KC Jones
11-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Radio Shack

:hmmm:

Aren't they some sort of store noted for carrying electronic components?

Nope, they couldn't possibly have a DC adapter there. I think the guy that said the neighborhood stop -n- rob had the best place to go.

On a side note I was at radio shack the other day to buy a replacement CD to Cassette converter (yeah, I don't have a CD player in my car I use one of these instead to play CDs through my cassette deck). The guy upsales me from $20 to $30 to buy this wireless gadget that will broadcast a very weak radio signal so you can use it to tune in your MP3 or portable CD player. When asked he claimed it was a superior sound than the CD->Cassette adaptor. I buy it and go to try it out and not only does this thing want to have it's own car cigarette lighter for power, it sounds like crap. So, for $10 more you get crappier sound and 1 less cigarette lighter for plugging your portable CD or MP3 player into. I was pissed, not so much that it sucked but that I had to waste an extra hour going back to return it.

chiefs4me
11-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I was baiting her into asking me what they were but she didn't bite.

my momma didn't raise a dummy,,,

Skip Towne
11-27-2004, 02:34 PM
my momma didn't raise a dummy,,,
You Googled it didn't you?

chiefs4me
11-27-2004, 02:36 PM
thats what I was thinking before I read your post, I used to drive a truck and I can tell you they do have things you wouldn't find other places. :thumb:

Thank You Girlfriend,,:thumb:

chiefs4me
11-27-2004, 02:41 PM
You Googled it didn't you?

No I haven't,,I am pretty sure I know, just because I live in tx doesn't mean I am some slow texan. Born and raised in Mo for 32 years before I made the move south. Why don't you send me a pm and tell me.:thumb:

jspchief
11-27-2004, 02:56 PM

Nope, they couldn't possibly have a DC adapter there. I think the guy that said the neighborhood stop -n- rob had the best place to go.

On a side note I was at radio shack the other day to buy a replacement CD to Cassette converter (yeah, I don't have a CD player in my car I use one of these instead to play CDs through my cassette deck). The guy upsales me from $20 to $30 to buy this wireless gadget that will broadcast a very weak radio signal so you can use it to tune in your MP3 or portable CD player. When asked he claimed it was a superior sound than the CD->Cassette adaptor. I buy it and go to try it out and not only does this thing want to have it's own car cigarette lighter for power, it sounds like crap. So, for $10 more you get crappier sound and 1 less cigarette lighter for plugging your portable CD or MP3 player into. I was pissed, not so much that it sucked but that I had to waste an extra hour going back to return it.
heh. I just got suckered into one of these things for my MP3 player. I had the pleasure of having a blue and yellow demon tell me that I had to buy the "Monster" brand because they worked best. Now, when plugged in, if I turn my volume all the way up, it sounds like I'm listening by pressing my ear against a ventilation duct that connects to a bathroom 75' away, where my digital music is playing.

go bowe
11-27-2004, 03:14 PM
heh. I just got suckered into one of these things for my MP3 player. I had the pleasure of having a blue and yellow demon tell me that I had to buy the "Monster" brand because they worked best. Now, when plugged in, if I turn my volume all the way up, it sounds like I'm listening by pressing my ear against a ventilation duct that connects to a bathroom 75' away, where my digital music is playing.a blue and yellow demon?

what radio shack do you shop at, anyway?

badgirl
11-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Thank You Girlfriend,,:thumb:
anytime babe :thumb:

Skip Towne
11-27-2004, 05:57 PM
a blue and yellow demon?

what radio shack do you shop at, anyway?
They must be talking about Best Buy.

ENDelt260
11-27-2004, 06:02 PM

That must be why he checked with them before starting a thread.

I called Radio Shack, they don't carry them.

Of course, actually reading the thread starter before responding is quite a daunting task.