PDA

View Full Version : Antrel Rolle we are on our way to drafting you!!

Logical
11-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Hey I am looking for the positives.

Brock
11-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Maybe they can get a QB this year.

Logical
11-28-2004, 03:33 PM

I have complete faith in CP screwing that up, so lets hope not.

Ari Chi3fs
11-28-2004, 03:33 PM
well lets get an "Once in a lifetime" LB... D. Johnson could be impact like Ray Lewis impact... or Urlacher impact...

Rolle sounds good by Johnson sounds like a rare player.

However about getting the Ed Hartwell for the secondary... and maybe Jerry Porter from the Raiders... Draft a couple CB/safeties... grab an OLine prospect...

FAX
11-28-2004, 03:35 PM
If we do draft DJ, he'll just get injured in camp, or sit in his diaper for 3 years behind Fox.

FAX

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Derrick Johnson or Ahmad Brooks would be good too

Logical
11-28-2004, 03:36 PM
well lets get an "Once in a lifetime" LB... D. Johnson could be impact like Ray Lewis impact... or Urlacher impact...

Rolle sounds good by Johnson sounds like a rare player.

However about getting the Ed Hartwell for the secondary... and maybe Jerry Porter from the Raiders... Draft a couple CB/safeties... grab an OLine prospect...

:shake: DJ is a one year wonder, no more one year wonders.:mad:

Phobia
11-28-2004, 03:38 PM
We're going to need a FB. Who's playing that spot for Penn State this season?

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2004, 03:39 PM
DJ was a Butkus award canidate last year too

HolmeZz
11-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Being the best linebacker in the country for the last two years makes you a one year wonder?

BigChiefFan
11-28-2004, 03:41 PM
:shake: DJ is a one year wonder, no more one year wonders.:mad:
One year wonder? Watch some college games before making an ill-informed assumption.

FAX
11-28-2004, 03:42 PM
but does he bring groceries?

FAX

Logical
11-28-2004, 03:48 PM
One year wonder? Watch some college games before making an ill-informed assumption.

You are joking right, clearly you have not been following the story. DJ was considered a washout before this season. He has managed to turn it around this past season. Thus one year wonder, exactly like Todd Blackledge and Larry Johnson.

BigChiefFan
11-28-2004, 03:53 PM
You are joking right, clearly you have not been following the story. DJ was considered a washout before this season. He has managed to turn it around this past season. Thus one year wonder, exactly like Todd Blackledge and Larry Johnson.
Anybody that considered him a wash-out last year had their heads so far up their ass, they don't know shit. DJ had a hell of a year LAST year. TOO. Here's his stats from last year (2003)
G TCK TFL SKS FF FR
13 125 20 2.0 1 3

-far from being a one-year wonder.

Logical
11-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Anybody that considered him a wash-out last year had their heads so far up their ass, they don't know shit. DJ had a hell of a year LAST year. TOO. Here's his stats from last year (2003)
G TCK TFL SKS FF FR
13 125 20 2.0 1 3

-far from being a one-year wonder.

Your entitled to your opinion, no matter how much I disagree with it.

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Vlad inform us seriously, why was Johnson considered washed up. Again last year he was still a Butkus Award canidate. I'm not trying to sound antagonizing I just want your side

BigChiefFan
11-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Your entitled to your opinion, no matter how much I disagree with it.
I know I'm entitled, thank you very much, however I would like to continue this discussion. How in the hell can YOU justify calling him a washout when he had 125 tackles in 13 games and be a wash-out? That's 9.6 tackles PER GAME!!!!! That's stellar and it sounds like it's more stubborness on your part than actually just saying your prefer Rolle over DJ. DJ is a GREAT player and to say otherwise shows you haven't been watching the games.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 04:03 PM

Vlad,

We've had some disagreements in the past and it looks like this will be the same.

Derrick Johnson is the best LB in the country this year. He was in the top 5 last year. This guy is not even close to a one year wonder. He's had double digit tackles per game for at least 2 seasons. He causes fumbles, sacks the QB and gets interceptions.

To be honest, he's the best defensive player in the country.

Now, your point is valid, we really need to add a CB that play on an island. However, we also need a playmaking LB. I believe you can make the most immediate impact with a veteran CB and a rookie LB.

I'd prefer Woodson or Smoot and Johnson. Smoot will likely be franchised, but I don't think Woodson will be this year.

I'd also like to see us make a run at 2 WRs this offseason. Jerry Porter and another young, fast free agent WR with good hands would be very good.

BTW Chi3fs, Ed Hartwell is an ILB (MLB). He'd be a very good pickup for us, but I'm not sure the Chiefs will try to sign a MLB.

Ari Chi3fs
11-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I think i meant McCallister... he is also a free agent. Thanks tho... rep.

Frankie
11-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Antrel Rolle. :thumb:

And if he's taken by the time we pick, let's move down and get Ahmad Brooks and extra draft picks.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 04:21 PM
I think i meant McCallister... he is also a free agent. Thanks tho... rep.

I thought he signed a multi-year deal.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2004, 04:27 PM
I thought he signed a multi-year deal.

dont thinks so ... i think he just signed the 1-year franchise tender

but that doesnt meant that baltimore won't just slap the franchise tag on him again next year.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 04:30 PM

but that doesnt meant that baltimore won't just slap the franchise tag on him again next year.

I think it is more likely that the Ravens franchise him again than the Raiders franchising Woodson again.

PastorMikH
11-28-2004, 04:53 PM

With the success of Carl's drafts, he'll draft someone that will turn out to be such a bust that we'll forget all about Blackledge.

Coach
11-28-2004, 04:56 PM
378 passing yards SD
315 yards NE
259 yards N.O
298 yards T.B
472 IND

= Antrel Rolle CB from Miami.

bricks
11-28-2004, 04:58 PM

Vlad,

your dreaming. when was the last time Carl and the gang has drafted a stud player from a stud school? you give me the answer. There too stupid to know where a lot of the good players come from.

mikey23545
11-28-2004, 05:00 PM

That would be the first time in your sick old life that has happened....

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 05:08 PM
378 passing yards SD
315 yards NE
259 yards N.O
298 yards T.B
472 IND

= Antrel Rolle CB from Miami.

When's the last time a rookie CB had an impact that would change that. If we can get CB in free agency that can cover one on one, that is the way to go.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 05:09 PM

That being said, both McAlister and Baxter are free agents next year. Either one would be a very good pick up for the Chiefs next offseason.

Coach
11-28-2004, 05:10 PM
When's the last time a rookie CB had an impact that would change that. If we can get CB in free agency that can cover one on one, that is the way to go.

You have a good point. However, are there really any good CB's in the FA market, other than Charles Woodson? I'm not completely sold on Smoot. I know I wouldn't want Woodson in here, because he's full of it, and he's not as good as Champ Bailey is, and Woodson wants Bailey type of money.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 05:24 PM
You have a good point. However, are there really any good CB's in the FA market, other than Charles Woodson? I'm not completely sold on Smoot. I know I wouldn't want Woodson in here, because he's full of it, and he's not as good as Champ Bailey is, and Woodson wants Bailey type of money.

No matter what you think of his ego, Woodson is one of the top 5 cover CBs in the league. In order to get him we'll have to pay top 5 money. Other free agent CBs available are Smoot, McAlister, Baxter and Ken Lucas. I think McAlister and Smoot will be franchised.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 05:24 PM
I'd like to get that Texas LB!

David.
11-28-2004, 05:26 PM
I'd rather have rolle. A shut down corner>a playmaking MLB

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 05:26 PM
I agree, but he wont be doing much shutting down without any pressure on the QB, either way we can't lose I guess.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Rolle, Johnson or Williams. Whoever is available when we pick, thats who we grab. They are all MUST NEED posistions.

Baby Lee
11-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Vlad inform us seriously, why was Johnson considered washed up. Again last year he was still a Butkus Award canidate. I'm not trying to sound antagonizing I just want your side
Vlad: I can't make batsh!t insane pronouncements, and defend them too!!!

alanm
11-28-2004, 05:30 PM
No matter what you think of his ego, Woodson is one of the top 5 cover CBs in the league. In order to get him we'll have to pay top 5 money. Other free agent CBs available are Smoot, McAlister, Baxter and Ken Lucas. I think McAlister and Smoot will be franchised.Woodson also misses a lot of games. He'd sit out with a f*cking hangnail.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Vlad just hates LJ, even if he did real well it wouldn't matter. Atleast he kinda said he did well, im sure he had to wash his hands after that post.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Woodson also misses a lot of games. He'd sit out with a f*cking hangnail.

During their SB run, Woodson broke his leg midway through the season, got pins put in and came back within about 4 or 5 weeks. He'll also hit you. All NFL players get hurt and miss games. Don't pass up playmakers being afraid of injuries. Priest has missed 3 games this year and missed 2 a couple of years ago. Would you pass him up to.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-28-2004, 06:16 PM
McAllister signed a long term deal with the Ravens (either six or seven year deal). I don't have the link, but I remember reading about it on the Ravens BB.

jAZ
11-28-2004, 06:29 PM
If DV is around for our draft and we are picking between the best CB in the country and the best LB in the country, I can guarantee that we are NOT going to be drafting the LB that high.

We will draft the CB.

Remember this is the same DV who let his best Linebacker walk to a division rival because he didn't think teams needed to spend money on the LB position.

Drafting Johnson in the top 5 would be a double expense (lots of money and a high draft pick) on a position that DV doesn't place a premium on.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 06:32 PM
McAllister signed a long term deal with the Ravens (either six or seven year deal). I don't have the link, but I remember reading about it on the Ravens BB.

I thought so too, but I couldn't find a link.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2004, 06:32 PM
If DV is around for our draft and we are picking between the best CB in the country and the best LB in the country, I can guarantee that we are NOT going to be drafting the LB that high.

We will draft the CB.

Remember this is the same DV who let his best Linebacker walk to a division rival because he didn't think teams needed to spend money on the LB position.

Drafting Johnson in the top 5 would be a double expense (lots of money and a high draft pick) on a position that DV doesn't place a premium on.

It was Greg Robinson who didn't want Edwards, did you see the thread on it?

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 06:34 PM

We will draft the CB.

DV has also admitted that was a mistake. Derrick Johnson is also the best defensive player in the country. It will really depend on who they get in free agency. If they get a top notch CB in free agency, then I think they'll take Johnson. Vermeil doesn't really believe rookie CBs can play at a top level at that position. LB can.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Fujitia, Derrick Johnson, and Barber would be a good linebacking core. With Beisel, Caver, and Fox as backups.

jAZ
11-28-2004, 06:36 PM
DV has also admitted that was a mistake. Derrick Johnson is also the best defensive player in the country. It will really depend on who they get in free agency. If they get a top notch CB in free agency, then I think they'll take Johnson. Vermeil doesn't really believe rookie CBs can play at a top level at that position. LB can.
That makes sense... Good to see DV can admit a mistake.

jAZ
11-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Barber
Barber won't be around next season will he? Isn't he one of the likely-cuttable defensive players, based on his contract?

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2004, 06:39 PM
I bet Barber will stay, he is like our only linebacker, look for Holliday, Browning (as much as I hate to say it), McCleon, Woods, and maybe Hicks, plus we will have Maz off the books more than likely as well.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 06:46 PM
I bet Barber will stay, he is like our only linebacker, look for Holliday, Browning (as much as I hate to say it), McCleon, Woods, and maybe Hicks, plus we will have Maz off the books more than likely as well.

I think you'll see Holliday, McCleon and Barber gone. Barber is just a horrible tackler. Woods signed a new deal last year, so the cap won't allow him to be cut. The Chiefs actually save money cap space by cutting Holliday. My hopeful starting LBs are:

Derrick Johnson, Ed Hartwell and Kendrell Bell. Backups Mitchell, Beisel, Fox and Fujita.

Yes, I'd have a whole new starting group. However, I doubt we make a move at MLB. So Johnson, Mitchell and Bell and add Caver.

We absolutely need to get a playmaking OLB and CB in free agency. I'd take a DE in the 2nd round (Chris Canty from Virginia).

tk13
11-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Well for all we know Barber might not even be ready for the beginning of next year...

As far as the draft, I'd rather take a LB over a CB all things being equal, a LB makes things happen, you can gameplan around a CB. Plus I think D. Johnson has superstar written all over him and Gunther can turn him into a QB-seeking missile....

wazu
11-28-2004, 06:51 PM
...look for...Browning (as much as I hate to say it)

Good riddance. Never have I seen a player so overhyped by his own coaching staff on a year-in, year-out basis. I don't think other teams even know who John Browning is.

jAZ
11-28-2004, 06:53 PM
At this point, I'm just hoping we don't win too many games this season... I'd like to pull a San Antonio Spurs type worst-to-first national championship season.

Having a weak schedule and a truckload of high caliber draft picks would certainly help that to happen.

the Talking Can
11-28-2004, 06:54 PM
it isn't clear yet wether Barber will ever play again...after a 2nd major knee repair job?

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Good riddance. Never have I seen a player so overhyped by his own coaching staff on a year-in, year-out basis. I don't think other teams even know who John Browning is.

Sims, Dalton, Browning and Siavii. I don't expect to see any change in our DTs. They've actually played pretty well this year. I think you'll see Browning as a backup rather than starter though. He's a solid backup at DT and DE.

the Talking Can
11-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Sims, Dalton, Browning and Siavii. I don't expect to see any change in our DTs. They've actually played pretty well this year. I think you'll see Browning as a backup rather than starter though. He's a solid backup at DT and DE.

they get almost zero pressure on the QB...though they are marginally better against the run than last year..maybe cause it is just easier to throw it

SoCalRaider
11-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Here's the breakdown heading into week 12:
Team.......... (Record)... Percentage
1. 49cents.....(1-10)
2. Fins..........(2-9)
3. Skins.........(3-8).....0.508571
4. Raiders.......(3-8)....0.551136
5. Chiefs........(3-8)....0.562500
6. Browns.......(3-8)....0.590909

As long as both of us lose out we're in good shape because you know the 49cents and Fins will go QB, and the Skins will take Mike Williams. I'm anticipating the Browns are good for 1 more win after today. Problem is we could screw ourselves if we split our head to head and finish 4-12. So here's the solution. Both teams settle for a 0-0 tie in both games. That way we finish 3-11-2 and pick ahead of the all the 4 win teams.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 07:01 PM
they get almost zero pressure on the QB...though they are marginally better against the run than last year..maybe cause it is just easier to throw it

The big runs have come on the edge, not up the middle like last year. Our LBs don't get to the edge well and are beaten badly on misdirection plays.

Dalton has penetrated consistently. Sims has penetrated on occasion. He made a great play on Tomlinson today with a guard on his back. Our problem is not in the middle it's on the edge. Allen will be better against the run once he adds 10-15 pounds. We must improve the LB play.

Skip Towne
11-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Doesn't Rolle play for Miami? We won't draft him. Profile.

Bowser
11-28-2004, 07:17 PM

Pathetically true.

:shake:

Cochise
11-28-2004, 07:25 PM

Well we did spend a 2nd rounder on Donnell Bennett once.

Logical
11-28-2004, 07:26 PM

God forbid we draft a true CB. But you are probably correct.

Bowser
11-28-2004, 07:29 PM

ROFL
You mean back in the Tamarick Vanover/Bam Morris pre-Andre Rison days?

Skip Towne
11-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Pathetically true.

:shake:
Did you get that PM I sent you?

Bowser
11-28-2004, 07:30 PM

Not yet.........

Bowser
11-28-2004, 07:33 PM

Comin' at you....

Logical
11-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Vlad,

We've had some disagreements in the past and it looks like this will be the same.

Derrick Johnson is the best LB in the country this year. He was in the top 5 last year. This guy is not even close to a one year wonder. He's had double digit tackles per game for at least 2 seasons. He causes fumbles, sacks the QB and gets interceptions.

To be honest, he's the best defensive player in the country.

Now, your point is valid, we really need to add a CB that play on an island. However, we also need a playmaking LB. I believe you can make the most immediate impact with a veteran CB and a rookie LB.

I'd prefer Woodson or Smoot and Johnson. Smoot will likely be franchised, but I don't think Woodson will be this year.

I'd also like to see us make a run at 2 WRs this offseason. Jerry Porter and another young, fast free agent WR with good hands would be very good.

BTW Chi3fs, Ed Hartwell is an ILB (MLB). He'd be a very good pickup for us, but I'm not sure the Chiefs will try to sign a MLB.

After looking it up I appear to be wrong on the one year wonder statement. I still don't want a player from a Big 12 school and my desire is for the STUD CB. That player is Rolle. I share your enthusiasm for an experienced Corner like Smoot but there is no way I can find myself believing Carl will go out and sign one.

Realistically this team is too flawed to be fixed in one offseason which is why I was so pissed we wasted the last offseason.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2004, 07:46 PM
After looking it up I appear to be wrong on the one year wonder statement. I still don't want a player from a Big 12 school and my desire is for the STUD CB. That player is Rolle. I share your enthusiasm for an experienced Corner like Smoot but there is no way I can find myself believing Carl will go out and sign one.

Realistically this team is too flawed to be fixed in one offseason which is why I was so pissed we wasted the last offseason.

IM with you Vlad. I want Rolle. The guy looks like a "cant miss" prospect. Its hard to go wrong with a Miami player. Not many of them are busts in the NFL. Love them or hate them, that school is like a damn NFL factory.

jAZ
11-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Here's the breakdown heading into week 12:
Team.......... (Record)... Percentage
1. 49cents.....(1-10)
2. Fins..........(2-9)
3. Skins.........(3-8).....0.508571
4. Raiders.......(3-8)....0.551136
5. Chiefs........(3-8)....0.562500
6. Browns.......(3-8)....0.590909

As long as both of us lose out we're in good shape because you know the 49cents and Fins will go QB, and the Skins will take Mike Williams. I'm anticipating the Browns are good for 1 more win after today. Problem is we could screw ourselves if we split our head to head and finish 4-12. So here's the solution. Both teams settle for a 0-0 tie in both games. That way we finish 3-11-2 and pick ahead of the all the 4 win teams.
You are my hero today... :thumb:

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 07:58 PM

This team is not really that far off and can be fixed in one offseason.

What's up with the Big XII bias. Derrick Johnson is the best defensive player in the country. Again, CB is not a position that a rookie has an immediate impact.

HolmeZz
11-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Washington won't take Mike Williams. They've already got good receivers. They have bigger problems.

Frankie
11-29-2004, 01:24 PM
At this point, I'm just hoping we don't win too many games this season... I'd like to pull a San Antonio Spurs type worst-to-first national championship season.

Having a weak schedule and a truckload of high caliber draft picks would certainly help that to happen.
Not to mention the long term plans. :thumb:

Cochise
11-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Washington won't take Mike Williams. They've already got good receivers. They have bigger problems.

I don't see that either, with Coles and Gardener. I see them going QB or OL. Leinart?

Frankie
11-29-2004, 01:29 PM
The big runs have come on the edge, not up the middle like last year. Our LBs don't get to the edge well and are beaten badly on misdirection plays.

Dalton has penetrated consistently. Sims has penetrated on occasion. He made a great play on Tomlinson today with a guard on his back. Our problem is not in the middle it's on the edge. Allen will be better against the run once he adds 10-15 pounds. We must improve the LB play.

Good post.

I'm one of the fans who thinks that Sims will eventually become a pro Bowl type player, with a better DE next to him.

BigChiefFan
11-29-2004, 01:29 PM
I can't see the fins going QB in the first. With all of their HB woes, I think HB is their main priority. We have a good shot at Rolle at this point and I think he would make a fine draft pick, too. Either player would be helpful to our crap defense.

Frankie
11-29-2004, 01:33 PM

That was in the Marty era, when being a thug or a drug dealer was a plus in your profile.

Frankie
11-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Its hard to go wrong with a Miami player. Not many of them are busts in the NFL. Love them or hate them, that school is like a damn NFL factory.

School?! :shrug:

Brock
11-29-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm one of the fans who thinks that Sims will eventually become a pro Bowl type player, with a better DE next to him.

aka idiots.

Frankie
11-29-2004, 01:44 PM
aka idiots.

Back from "lunch" with the boss?

beavis
11-29-2004, 01:47 PM
aka idiots.
Don't hold back dude. ROFL

Frankie
11-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Don't hold back dude. ROFL

Sucker punches and personal ambushes are funny to you? I see them as weasly, weak and pathetic.

Brock
11-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Sucker punches and personal ambushes are funny to you? I see them as weasly, weak and pathetic.

I didn't sucker punch you. I commented on your extreme lack of football knowledge. And you positive repped me for it. Thanks.

Frankie
11-29-2004, 02:08 PM
I didn't sucker punch you. I commented on your extreme lack of football knowledge. And you positive repped me for it. Thanks.

Obviously you couldn't mentally process the fact that the rep was accidental. A child of 8 would have figured that out by reading the rep comment. A correction has been made.

BTW, the brown stuff on your lips is not chocolate. Ask your boss.

Frankie
11-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Now back to the thread topic.....

Cochise
11-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Obviously you couldn't mentally process the fact that the rep was accidental. A child of 8 would have figured that out by reading the rep comment. A correction has been made.

BTW, the brown stuff on your lips is not chocolate. Ask your boss.

Too bad you can't ask yours, huh?

beavis
11-29-2004, 02:30 PM
That's gonna leave a mark.

Logical
11-29-2004, 02:30 PM

Is it mean that I chuckled. Naaahh:p

Frankie
11-29-2004, 02:33 PM
I realize it takes a little toll on one's attention span. But for those of you who may be a little challenged there, this is a football thread about our 1st round draft possibilities. I'm planning to stay on that course. But then again, I CAN concentrate.

Swanman
11-29-2004, 02:41 PM
If we draft Rolle, maybe he can compete for the nickel CB position.

Frankie
11-29-2004, 02:46 PM

:LOL: That's how the so called "can't miss" picks always work out for us. Isn't it? (Gonzo notwithstanding)

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 02:49 PM

I hadn't really thought about this, but it's true. Last year we got taken to school up the middle a lot, but this year the long runs have been plays to the outside of the offensive tackles. Those plays are the responsibility of the linebackers and the defensive ends. Both groups are crashing so hard on the runs that they choke on misdirection plays.

Is that an execution problem, or a problem with the scheme? I don't know, but it does seem that a superhuman linebacker would be a good addition, so he can recover ground in this situation.

Logical
11-29-2004, 02:49 PM

If Gun is the coach that some on here claim he is then hopefully that will not be the case. I realize this was meant in jest to a certain degree, but with DV around it hits awfully close to the mark.

Swanman
11-29-2004, 02:52 PM
If Gun is the coach that some on here claim he is then hopefully that will not be the case. I realize this was meant in jest to a certain degree, but with DV around it hits awfully close to the mark.

That was meant COMPLETELY in jest, modeled after DV's idiotic comments concerning Troy Vincent last year. I agree with you, Rolle would start from day one for KC, especially with Gun as DC. In that scenario, you could also see Warfield shine as a #2 CB, which he is meant for.

Swanman
11-29-2004, 02:53 PM
I hadn't really thought about this, but it's true. Last year we got taken to school up the middle a lot, but this year the long runs have been plays to the outside of the offensive tackles. Those plays are the responsibility of the linebackers and the defensive ends. Both groups are crashing so hard on the runs that they choke on misdirection plays.

Is that an execution problem, or a problem with the scheme? I don't know, but it does seem that a superhuman linebacker would be a good addition, so he can recover ground in this situation.

It seems Lionel Dalton has done a great job of blowing up plays up the middle and forcing them to the outside.

Tuckdaddy
11-29-2004, 02:59 PM
I could handle him in the first.

Frankie
11-29-2004, 03:00 PM

It's like vegeterian steak! I think it's the ingredients (overall LB and DE talent) for Gun's scheme.

HC_Chief
11-29-2004, 03:05 PM
I'm squarely on the Antrel Rolle bandwagon. :thumb:

htismaqe
11-29-2004, 03:28 PM
I'd go for Antrel Rolle and see if someone like AJ Hawk is available in the 2nd.

I know, he's white and he plays at Ohio State.

I look at him and think "He's a Patriot". For that reason alone, we should look at him.

Frankie
11-29-2004, 03:32 PM
I'd go for Antrel Rolle and see if someone like AJ Hawk is available in the 2nd.

I know, he's white and he plays at Ohio State.

I look at him and think "He's a Patriot". For that reason alone, we should look at him.

I LOVE THAT NAME! What position does he play and how well?

HolmeZz
11-29-2004, 03:33 PM
He's a linebacker. Pretty fitting.

htismaqe
11-29-2004, 03:34 PM
I also see Abdul Hodge's name on alot of mock drafts.

He's a junior and I honestly don't think he'll declare, but he's a specimen...

HolmeZz
11-29-2004, 03:35 PM
I think there aren't a whole lot of 'blue-chip' prospects in this upcoming drafts, but there's a lot of good good players who could eventually turn into something bigger. That's why I think this is the type of draft where it's best to gather draft picks(for later rounds).

BigChiefFan
11-29-2004, 03:39 PM
I think there aren't a whole lot of 'blue-chip' prospects in this upcoming drafts, but there's a lot of good good players who could eventually turn into something bigger. That's why I think this is the type of draft where it's best to gather draft picks(for later rounds).
That's what the Chiefs problem is, they believe in quanity over quality. We NEED quality. If Rolle or DJ is available and we trade down, I will go apeshit. We will be destined to fail under Carl's tenure if that's the approach we take.

HolmeZz
11-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I don't mean trading down early. I'll be very angry if we don't end up getting DJ or Rolle(or atleast Mike Williams) after this season we've endured. But in the later rounds we can manuver to collect draft picks, and I think the draft's so deep this year that doing that could make a big difference.

htismaqe
11-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I don't mean trading down early. I'll be very angry if we don't end up getting DJ or Rolle(or atleast Mike Williams) after this season we've endured. But But in the later rounds we can manuver to collect draft picks, and I think the draft's so deep this year that doing that could make a big difference.

Bank on this:

We WILL NOT draft Mike Williams.