View Full Version : Larry Johnson pimps unite

Douche Baggins
11-28-2004, 02:37 PM
He looked good out there.

Larry bruises his way in for a TD:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/MOOW105112814_1024x768.jpg

DaWolf
11-28-2004, 02:40 PM
According to DV, we should be seeing more of LJ in the future...

Redcoats58
11-28-2004, 02:41 PM
LJ Blows!

Deberg_1990
Good deal. He played well today.

Douche Baggins
According to DV, we should be seeing more of LJ in the future...

No way. You know Priest will whine and get his way and get 95 percent of the carries so he can pad his stats.

Logical
11-28-2004, 02:42 PM
He looked almost decent running the ball today but his blocking is still putrid.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2004, 02:42 PM
He looked good out there.

Larry bruises his way in for a TD:

ya, cause we need him waaaay more than a cornerback right now :rolleyes:

Ari Chi3fs
11-28-2004, 02:54 PM
oh yeah, his blocking is horrendous... but his running is good. not a good payoff.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 02:55 PM
He looked almost decent running the ball today but his blocking is still putrid.
He got ran over by Godfrey, but atleast he knew that happend. It was nice seeing him run with more authority on the few carries he got. The only thing i have left for this season is seeing him play more and hopefully show that he was worth that pick.

HC_Chief
11-28-2004, 03:19 PM

No doubt, although his blocking <i>is</i> improving: at least he made contact this time. :thumb:

gblowfish
11-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Leon likes running the ball. Leon likes padding his stats. Leon scored a TD. Leon watched himself on the big scoreboard. Leon hopes somebody notices him so Leon can play somewhere. Leon's calling his agent.Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon....baby.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-28-2004, 03:39 PM
"If" I remember correctly his first carry was with us backed up at about our own 7 yard line. That showed some faith in him & I think he responded well. He got flat out clobbered when Trent got sacked. He should remember that one well

Douche Baggins
11-28-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm just glad he showed something against a good defense.

Whitlock better write about him.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 03:42 PM
LJ just wants to play i dont think he is being selfish, he needs more oppurtinity and i hope he does well so the haters would stfu about him.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-28-2004, 03:48 PM
I can't figure him out. He comes across as a cry baby wanting playing time. But today, he hands the ball off to the ref after his first TD of the season. And when he runs the ball helps up the defensive players...those don't add up to a selfish player

Coach
11-28-2004, 03:52 PM
I can't figure him out. He comes across as a cry baby wanting playing time. But today, he hands the ball off to the ref after his first TD of the season. And when he runs the ball helps up the defensive players...those don't add up to a selfish player

I think I can figure it out. I don't know where that thread is, but it's that one where Phobia wrote it out perfectly. If only the search function works... Phobia pointed out good reasons why.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 03:52 PM
He even has admitted after the game he has made mistakes and is trying to learn from them. He said he just wants to go in there and help the team win, i see no problem with that, i doubt he really cares about his #'s!

Thig Lyfe
11-28-2004, 03:53 PM
So you're saying that LJ is your ho?

Douche Baggins
11-28-2004, 03:54 PM
So you're saying that LJ is your ho?

No, I'm looking for his pimps though.

go bowe
11-28-2004, 03:54 PM
i thought larry looked pretty good running the ball today...

he looked as good as blaylock, different, but good...

he seems to have some speed too... :thumb:

mikey23545
11-28-2004, 03:58 PM
He looked better than "game-turning-pick Green" did...And I like the way he crosses the goal line first, then hands the ball to someone else....

ck_IN
11-28-2004, 04:07 PM
LJ may be able to break the curse of Penn State RB's. He certainly looked good today. Not as fast as Blaylock but much stronger. Too bad he probably won't do it for this team. :banghead:

PunkinDrublic
11-28-2004, 04:37 PM
They should have stuck with Blaylock. LJ had one decent game and you guys are ready to annoint him as Priests successor. Blaylock has been with the team longer and I think deserves to be the starting back when Priest calls it quits. I would rather we sign Blaylock in the offseason than stick with LJ.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-28-2004, 04:42 PM
yes take away our one bit of happiness today :(

:p

grandllama
11-28-2004, 04:43 PM
Leon likes running the ball. Leon likes padding his stats. Leon scored a TD. Leon watched himself on the big scoreboard. Leon hopes somebody notices him so Leon can play somewhere. Leon's calling his agent.Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon....baby.

amazing the way you talk about Blaycock.

Logical
11-28-2004, 07:31 PM
No doubt, although his blocking is improving: at least he made contact this time. :thumb:ROFL

Logical
11-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Leon likes running the ball. Leon likes padding his stats. Leon scored a TD. Leon watched himself on the big scoreboard. Leon hopes somebody notices him so Leon can play somewhere. Leon's calling his agent.Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon Leon....baby.ROFLROFL:thumb:

Rausch
11-28-2004, 07:34 PM
I would rather we sign Blaylock in the offseason than stick with LJ.

I'd prefer to sign Blaylock long term and just play with 10 defensive players...Looks like we've only got 3 in the secondary on any given play already...

Logical
11-28-2004, 07:40 PM
I'd prefer to sign Blaylock long term and just play with 10 defensive players...Looks like we've only got 3 in the secondary on any given play already...

Playing with LJ gets you close on passing downs, it is like we have only 10 players on offense.:thumb:

mikey23545
11-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Playing with LJ gets you close on passing downs, it is like we have only 10 players on offense.:thumb:

You know you're wrong about LJ and it's tearing your nasty old ass up....

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 07:56 PM
I think dick needs to tell the chiefs defense that they need to take the diapers off to motivate them like he has LJ.

Logical
11-28-2004, 07:56 PM
You know you're wrong about LJ and it's tearing your nasty old ass up....:shake:ROFL

philfree
11-28-2004, 08:19 PM
With Holmes out LJ needs to be our short yardage and goal line back. Or maybe we should consider the "Lightening and Thunder" approach. It don't matter though because until we can cover or sack the QB(actually we did that and we got a fantom 5 yard 1st down penalty) on 3rd downs we are up against it. Regardless of the out come I had a good time today. A great time!

PhilFree :arrow:

Douche Baggins
11-28-2004, 08:20 PM
With Holmes out LJ needs to be our short yardage and goal line back. Or maybe we should consider the "Lightening and Thunder" approach. It don't matter though because until we can cover or sack the QB(actually we did that and we got a fantom 5 yard 1st down penalty) on 3rd downs we are up against it. Regardless of the out come I had a good time today. A great time!

I agree

splatbass
11-28-2004, 09:18 PM
LJ looked good running the ball, but it would be nice if he would learn to catch a freakin pass....

theultimatekcchiefsfan
11-28-2004, 10:18 PM
L J Stinks...........Nothing changed today. Oh yeah except maybe he caused Trent Green to get injured.

Douche Baggins
11-28-2004, 10:21 PM
LJ ran the ball well man. He showed power, quickness, vision and burst.

CBS Sportsline's other pic of him:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/51592238JD014_Charg_Chiefs112820_1024x768.jpg

BigChief1
11-28-2004, 10:31 PM
I was at the game today and I thought LJ was pretty effective. He wasn't flashy. He needs to work on his blocking, but you've got to get some game action to see the change in speed from practice. I think he could catch the ball if Trint could get the passes up above his ankles. I thought he showed a lot of class by just turning and tossing the ball to the ref. He got some good props from what fans were there.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 10:32 PM
I would like to see more of him out there in the upcoming weeks, we didn't see enough of him today or Blaylock!

KCWolfman
11-29-2004, 12:26 AM
He got ran over by Godfrey, but atleast he knew that happend. It was nice seeing him run with more authority on the few carries he got. The only thing i have left for this season is seeing him play more and hopefully show that he was worth that pick.
I think he will turn into an adequate RB in the future. Probably middle of the litter for first stringers and definitely one of the better backups if relegated to the bench (IMO).

philfree
11-29-2004, 12:39 AM
I thought he showed a lot of class by just turning and tossing the ball to the ref.

I thought the same thing. DV has always said that the only thing wrong with Larry is that he wants to play but Priest Holmes is in front of him. I got no problem in LJ. As a matter of fact he's the type of guy root for. He's become the underdog and I am a sucker for the underdog. Prolly why I am the Chiefs fan I am.........

Gaz
11-29-2004, 05:51 AM
LJ looked good running the ball, but it would be nice if he would learn to catch a freakin pass....

He caught the one Green did not throw at his feet or behind him.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not blaming Johnson for those crummy passes.

jspchief
11-29-2004, 07:03 AM
LJ did a good job against one of the better run Ds in the league. Anyone that's denying that is just hanging on to a grudge. His blocking was bad, but what do you expect from his first real gametime experience of the year? His pass catching is still a mystery, unless he wears his shoes on his hands.

I also thought our O-line did a great job for the most part. Both Blaylock and LJ had some big holes to run through. It's amazing that we were running the ball effectively against the top rated run D, and Saunders inexplicably abandons the running game. I'm tired of that sh*t.

Cochise
11-29-2004, 07:11 AM

xoxo~
Gaz

Me either - he caught the only one that wasn't a bad throw. Not LJ's fault.

jspchief
11-29-2004, 07:18 AM
It's actually a relief to have him give us a glimmer of hope.

I don't think we should re-sign Blaylock. This teams has too many real holes. Having this kind of depth at RB is a luxury, but not one I'm willing to spend money on. I'm fine with Holmes as the man, and LJ as the back-up. Use the money that would be spent on Blaylock to address areas that actually need upgrades.

Cochise
11-29-2004, 07:45 AM

I don't think we should re-sign Blaylock. This teams has too many real holes. Having this kind of depth at RB is a luxury, but not one I'm willing to spend money on. I'm fine with Holmes as the man, and LJ as the back-up. Use the money that would be spent on Blaylock to address areas that actually need upgrades.

I think this is what I would do as well. I dont think Blaylock is ever going to be a feature back in the NFL. Players like him are for teams that have the luxury of adding depth. He's done well for us, now I think we ought to let him go someplace where he can get some more playing time and move forward in his career, and we need to spend what it would take to resign him on something that resembles defense.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 08:11 AM

Although I still like Blaylock better than Johnson, I do agree. We should probably keep Johnson as our backup. You and I are fine with this -- but is Larry Johnson?

BigRedChief
11-29-2004, 08:32 AM
Can you not teach good blocking skills? All he needs to do is learn to pick up the blitz. Surely you can learn that skill?

jspchief
11-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Can you not teach good blocking skills? All he needs to do is learn to pick up the blitz. Surely you can learn that skill?

I know it can be taught. 75% of backs out of college need to be taught to block. Like somone else said, he's needs experience to pick up on the speed of the game.

I'm sure it doesn't help when you practice against a bunch of bums that couldn't bring pressure if their lives depended on it. Sunday was probably the first time he's seen a real pass rush all year.

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 08:45 AM
It is difficult for me to be excited about any one player's performance when as a whole, the team isn't showing up. Well...except for Dante. I love Dante.

Sure-Oz
11-29-2004, 09:18 AM
I think LJ's attitude sounded different after the reporters talked to him yesterday, i think he was just happy to help the team.

splatbass
11-29-2004, 10:47 AM

xoxo~
Gaz

I think Holmes or Blaylock would have caught those balls. They may have been poorly thrown but they were catchable.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 10:50 AM
I think Holmes or Blaylock would have caught those balls. They may have been poorly thrown but they were catchable.

I dunno -- the screen pass that was behind him was especially bad.

No doubt that Johnson doesn't yet have the hands of Holmes or Blaylock, but he does seem to be decent out of the backfield. Let's not forget that this was, for all intents and purposes, his first realy playing time in an NFL game. Dropsies are pretty common when someone in nervous. You may well be right about his hands -- but I'll give him a few more games to prove that he can do better before I pass judgement.

Gaz
11-29-2004, 10:52 AM

I do not see how you can blame Johnson for not making miraculous catches. One pass was behind him and the other was at his feet. I do not believe that either Holmes or Blaylock would have had a better chance of rescuing those miserable throws. The fault was entirely Greenís.

xoxo~
Gaz
Likes Green, but has to blame him for those gaffes.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2004, 10:53 AM
I do want to see more of LJ.

beavis
11-29-2004, 10:56 AM
Anyone who thinks Johnson is going to "steal" playing time from a healthy Holmes is smoking crack.

That being said, he might be a serviceable backup. But I dont really care who we keep next year, him or Blaylock. Given who's making the decisions, I'd put the odds in Johnson's favor at about 100 to 1.

jspchief
11-29-2004, 11:01 AM
I do not see how you can blame Johnson for not making miraculous catches. One pass was behind him and the other was at his feet. I do not believe that either Holmes or Blaylock would have had a better chance of rescuing those miserable throws. The fault was entirely Greenís.

xoxo~
Gaz
Likes Green, but has to blame him for those gaffes.

Agreed. Holmes and Blaylock have both dropped much easier balls, so I'm willing to be patient with LJ dropping tough ones.

While we can certainly say that there are areas that need improvement, I think it's crazy to be down on the performance. He ran hard, and while he looks kind of goofy doing it, the end result is pretty productive. He looks slow, but did a good job on running to the edges. That was the equivalent of a rookie game, and I saw enough to at least remain hopeful.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Agreed. Holmes and Blaylock have both dropped much easier balls, so I'm willing to be patient with LJ dropping tough ones.

While we can certainly say that there are areas that need improvement, I think it's crazy to be down on the performance. He ran hard, and while he looks kind of goofy doing it, the end result is pretty productive. He looks slow, but did a good job on running to the edges. That was the equivalent of a rookie game, and I saw enough to at least remain hopeful.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you and I might have just <em>agreed</em> on something.

What is the world coming to?!

Rausch
11-29-2004, 11:04 AM

Pretty much what I thought. He looked nervous and played like it for a while. I think if they'd have given him the ball more he'd get more comfortable.

He's definitely more of a physical runner, and Blaylock more of a big play back, but if Holmes were to retire tommorow I like our 1 - 2 punch on the ground...

picasso
11-29-2004, 11:06 AM
What I hated was they pulled him after the TD. Just like what the Chiefs do after a receiver makes a good play or a defender makes a sack. What do the coaches think they are doing when they do that, is it a reward for doing well? Not playing. I don't get it When Dalton makes a play or gets a sack they pull him out. Hell if I was him and on a roll I would want to do it again. It's stupid and one of the reason on 3rd down that we suck with pressure on the QB IMO.

Chris Meck
11-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Priest can't continue to carry the sort of load we've asked of him and stay healthy.

We're gonna need another back to pull some of that weight. Johnson looks to be a guy that can do that-and being a very different kind of back is a good thing.

If Holmes gets 20 touches, and Johnson 15, we might be able to keep Priest on the field and Johnson happy in the future.

Chris

Douche Baggins
12-20-2007, 11:57 PM
As long as everyone else is bumping old threads...

PROOF THAT I WAS RIDING THE LJ BANDWAGON FROM THE BEGINNING!