PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else kinda happy we lost?

Hoover
11-28-2004, 02:38 PM
It sucks being this way, but winning now doesn't help us get a playmaker on defense in the draft. All I want is the Chiefs to beat the Broncos and knock them out of the playoffs, or not let them win the division.

Phobia
11-28-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm not. I enjoy watching the Chiefs win.

But, it doesn't hurt as much knowing we're improving our draft slotting.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-28-2004, 02:41 PM
no, but knowing this can hurt the Broncos is a soothing salve

HolmeZz
11-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I wanted us to lose coming into the game because

1) It'd help our draft position
2) I'd rather see the Chargers win the west than Denver

But as the game wore on, I kind of wanted to see us win. I admit it. :(

Saulbadguy
11-28-2004, 02:42 PM
I don't really give a shit. I would have liked to see them win, but knowing we improved our draft status and somewhat hurt the Broncos OVERTAKES the sadness, so i'm ok.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Not happy, but at this point not as ticked off and not as depressed. I do take comfort in that we are now in the top 5 of the draft. If you are not going to be in the playoffs, then it is best to be in the top 5.

VonneMarie
11-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Or it would be nice for the Broncos to get killed in the first rd again.

If they even make it. :mad:

Count Zarth
11-28-2004, 02:47 PM

Pretty much how I feel.

BigChiefFan
11-28-2004, 02:48 PM
After 4 losses in a row, the losses get easier each week. I pull for them to win every week, but I know losing out should help improve the quality of players in the drat if Carl doesn't **** it up.

morphius
11-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm not happy we lost, but I have reached a pretty apathetic state. My highes are lower and my low's are higher, if we lose, oh well. Just give me a good game to watch.

It appears many fans were the same way, cause that crowd was at least 1/3 empty.

Ari Chi3fs
11-28-2004, 02:52 PM

yup.

jAZ
11-28-2004, 02:59 PM
I'm all about losing every remaining game...

Each loss improves our draft status and improves gives us an easier schedule next season.

Let's go (who ever's up next)!

Baby Lee
11-28-2004, 03:03 PM
Anyone else kinda happy we lost?
It was fuggin HILARIOUS. We are now the objects of pity. We're the short bus kids of the NFL.

VonneMarie
11-28-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm all about losing every remaining game...

Each loss improves our draft status and improves gives us an easier schedule next season.

Let's go (who ever's up next)!
Titans and another MNiter!

the Talking Can
11-28-2004, 03:05 PM
I thought we would at least play the spoiler in the division...now I just want the season to be over with so we can start the bloodletting.....they have to nuke this team, and hopefully the coaches and CP too....yes, I'm dreaming

VonneMarie
11-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Titans and another MNiter!
Whoops it's Oakland... then the MNiter. :)

The Bad Guy
11-28-2004, 03:19 PM
It doesn't actually bother me in the least.

I would rather see the Chargers win the division than those ass-ramming, uncle ****ing donks, who have fans like TJ who comes here talking shit after loses.

Winning a meaningless game in November and December only gives the Chiefs more of a chance of screwing up a draft pick.

If the Chiefs lose 11 or 12 games, its going to cause big changes in terms of players. If they went 7-9, all we would hear about from Vermeil and Peterson is that injuries were the downfall.

They both like to put fabreeze over rotting garbage and they think that the stink goes away for good.

It doesn't. This defense stinks and the only way it will ever get better is with better talent.

Going 5-11, 4-12, 6-10 will force them to do something.

Ari Chi3fs
11-28-2004, 03:20 PM
everytime that MNF schedules us for multiple Monday night games... we have a shitty season.

DRU
11-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Am I completely wrong on this...for some reason I've got this "rememberance" stuck in my head that we don't get our first round pick this year anyway because of some trade or something in the past...??? I could be totally wrong. But all the talk about getting a better draft pick would be out the window if that's the case.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-28-2004, 03:26 PM
it's a seventh for Cheek & I think a 3rd(depends on playing time) for Welbourne(sp?)

2bikemike
11-28-2004, 03:28 PM
I am never happy when we lose. I especially hate losing to San Diego. Of course losing to the Raiders and Denver sucks equally as bad.

And I don't give a shit where we draft. We draft like we play defense.

Skip Towne
11-28-2004, 03:37 PM
I'm tired of hearing about improving our draft position. Granted, it is an advantage to teams who draft well. It means NOTHING to the Kansas City Chiefs. We are the Cardinals on draft day. You could give us the #3 overall every year and we would piss it away.

Baby Lee
11-28-2004, 03:38 PM
I'm tired of hearing about improving our draft position. Granted, it is an advantage to teams who draft well. It means NOTHING to the Kansas City Chiefs. We are the Cardinals on draft day. You could give us the #3 overall every year and we would piss it away.
Funny, the Cards change coaches, and they now have 4 2004 draft picks starting, with two in the running for rookie of the year.

alanm
11-28-2004, 03:42 PM
I thought we would at least play the spoiler in the division...now I just want the season to be over with so we can start the bloodletting.....they have to nuke this team, and hopefully the coaches and CP too....yes, I'm dreamingEveryone on the Defensive side of the ball should be fired except Dalton. F*ck the cap hit. We need 11 brand new starters.:cuss:

BigChiefFan
11-28-2004, 03:43 PM
The Cards have drafted better than the Chiefs in recent years and that's pathetic.

alanm
11-28-2004, 03:43 PM
everytime that MNF schedules us for multiple Monday night games... we have a shitty season.Well don't worry about that it's going to be a few years before we're back on again.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Never happy but it's almos win win for me now cause we get higher in the draft selection that we will blow on a RT.

Baby Lee
11-28-2004, 03:46 PM
And another thing. People who say "we are on the verge of being as bad/stupid/cursed as the Cards/Bengals/Cubs" are lacking in perspective. Fans of those teams, along with the rest of pro sports, warn their teams not to f@ck up or they might end up looking like a bunch of Chiefs.

bricks
11-28-2004, 03:47 PM

It's interesting that you mentioned that, it makes us wonder that it's time for a new scouting staff. Lynn Stiles, Bill Kuharich and the rest of the scouting screw need to take a hike. I don't feel comfortable going into the draft with those guys evaluating collegiate players for us. they almost if not all the time find a way to f*ck up the draft for us. Regardless of our draft status, I repeat, do not feel comfortable with our scouting staff going into the draft.

|Zach|
11-28-2004, 03:48 PM
No.

whoman69
11-28-2004, 03:52 PM
I am never happy about us losing, even an exhibition game. This squad just believed they had to show up and our offense would make the opposition wet their pants. I am hoping we can at least get to 6 wins with a pair of victories over the hated Broncos and Raiders. I will not feel good about next year unless I know that Carl Pederson is no longer GM. He has had a long enough history for us to know he has no idea what he is doing on draft day. A fourth straight lost draft will cost this team too much.

mikey23545
11-28-2004, 04:02 PM
It sucks being this way, but winning now doesn't help us get a playmaker on defense in the draft. All I want is the Chiefs to beat the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) and knock them out of the playoffs, or not let them win the division.

No, I never, ever enjoy watching the Chiefs lose, you fat-ass knob sucker...Just hearing anyone suggest it makes me wonder where their nads went...

Hoover
11-28-2004, 04:39 PM
It doesn't actually bother me in the least.

I would rather see the Chargers win the division than those ass-ramming, uncle ****ing donks, who have fans like TJ who comes here talking shit after loses.

Winning a meaningless game in November and December only gives the Chiefs more of a chance of screwing up a draft pick.

If the Chiefs lose 11 or 12 games, its going to cause big changes in terms of players. If they went 7-9, all we would hear about from Vermeil and Peterson is that injuries were the downfall.

They both like to put fabreeze over rotting garbage and they think that the stink goes away for good.

It doesn't. This defense stinks and the only way it will ever get better is with better talent.

Going 5-11, 4-12, 6-10 will force them to do something.
bingo

jettio
11-28-2004, 05:02 PM
When Randy Cross said that Marty had a new grandkid, you had to figure that he should get a win.

That kid will probably be coaching special teams for the Bolts before he gets his shots.

LiL stumppy
11-28-2004, 05:04 PM
I am but im not sure we will draft Derrick :(

SBK
11-28-2004, 06:48 PM
It was fuggin HILARIOUS. We are now the objects of pity. We're the short bus kids of the NFL.

Now I object! ROFL

Rausch
11-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Funny, the Cards change coaches, and they now have 4 2004 draft picks starting, with two in the running for rookie of the year.

And yet, they've only won one game more than us...

Baby Lee
11-28-2004, 06:59 PM
And yet, they've only won one game more than us...
Go right ahead and take as much solace from that retort as you feel it merits. :shake:

Rausch
11-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Go right ahead and take as much solace from that retort as you feel it merits. :shake:

My point is that wins are what matter.

Now they might be the Chargers/Panthers/Falcons of next year. Who knows. But right now all those draft picks have them sucking as much buh-tox as our team...

digi2fish
11-28-2004, 07:41 PM
I just hope the draft worth for this.....
:shake:

wutamess
11-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Actually... when Dante returned that kick I was happy for a moment but sad that we were up.

1. I'm trying to get the best draft order as possible. even if that means another high draft pick that Carl muffs.

2. Trying to get closer to the 50 on the LL... Hoping a LOT of season ticket holders jump ship.

3. I needed SD to win because I picked them to win in a money league.

4. I needed Drew Brees to have a monster game (And he didn't let me down) in my FFL money league.

Iowanian
11-28-2004, 07:57 PM
I'm not going to say I'm glad they lost. I'll never say that.

I wasn't able to watch the game today, because of what I was doing, and it wasn't on TV, except for the end anyway. I did listen to most on the radio.

Last night, I told myself I didn't care, it didn't matter and that there were things far more important than football.........I wouldn't be emotionally involved.

...yet there I was, pumping my fist in the air on the Tds, sacks, and Hall's return.....right up until I unleashed an Eff-bomb for the family........

I'm still a fan, but there are things I won't be doing....I won't be defending this patheticly performing team to rival fans..........I'll agree that my team sucks more than the significant woman of our choice in Taco's life the day a carrier group comes into port...............I'll keep declining free tickets to drive 5-6hrs each way, to pay $25 for parking, and drink $6.50 beer.......I'll not be buying Brideowanian that Jersey, and I'm done buying Chiefs merchandise until they show me reason.

My favorite Chiefs hat is dirty, bedraggled, worn, torn and disappointing to the eye, and even smells a little............just like the team's performance. No more money on Chiefs stuff, until something is done.

Will Lamar and Carl, or the players Know it? Probably not........but I'm sure that $500 will be noticed somewhere else in my life. If everyone else does the same.............He'll hear us Roar.

Saulbadguy
11-28-2004, 08:01 PM
I'll just wait until the season is over to buy Chiefs merchandise. Clearance items rule.

Boyceofsummer
11-28-2004, 08:04 PM
glad I was working. I new they would lose. I'm telepathetic.

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2004, 08:08 PM
if Carl doesn't **** it up.You just said a mouth full...

Stryker
11-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Hell yes, we are not going to get squat this season so write it off for the draft.

SUPER BOWL = Steelers + Eagles

Steelers win Super Bowl

Chiefs = Higher (than normal) draft pick - CP decision making / See ya next year same bat time, same bat channel

But, 2 more wins would make me WANT to smile :banghead: