7 Dallas 4-7 .544
8X Tampa Bay 4-7 .456
9X Arizona 4-7 .456
10 Carolina 4-7 .519

xxx= still game to play

edited because the faiders won :clap: :clap:

HC_Chief
11-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Hopefully we'll have a new HC well before the draft. The current one hasn't done shit thus far.... would be a shame to screw up such an excellent position.

dirk digler
I hope so. I only see 2 more wins the rest of the season and those are against the Raiders though we probably will split those so we are looking at 4-12 or 5-11.

Tribal Warfare
Derrick Johnson or Ahmad Brooks here we come!

VonneMarie
11-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Wow, I thought we would be atleast at 10 or around there. :hmmm:

Ari Chi3fs
11-28-2004, 03:44 PM
good news... good news indeed. As long as we beat the Donkos. 5-11 sounds good.

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Hopefully we'll have a new HC well before the draft. The current one hasn't done shit thus far.... would be a shame to screw up such an excellent position.

Boy I totally disagree with that. Vermeil is still a very good leader. This team has faced major adversity beginning back in training camp. Noone in the organization has performed well, but I wouldn't make any changes in the coaching staff. I might change some scouts, but not the coaches. We don't need a change in schemes, we need an infusion in talent:

1 OLB
1 CB
2 WRs

If there is money left,

1 MLB
1 DE

Mr. Laz
11-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Goooooo faiders!!!!

beat those donkeys :clap: :clap:

Phobia
11-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Not a chance. We'll screw it up somehow. If the Chiefs don't screw up and win some games, then Carl Peterson will tamper with another team's coach and we'll lose the pick.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Boy I totally disagree with that.

I wouldn't make any changes in the coaching staff.

your insane :shake: :shake:

the lack of fundamentals alone should dictate coaching changes of some kind.

inconsistently motivated should demand coaching changes of some kind

talent level doesn't effect those

btw-- who decided to keep the same talent this year :spock:

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2004, 04:00 PM
well Phob, Carl just needs to be fired. He's making a great case this season

HC_Chief
11-28-2004, 04:01 PM
well Phob, Carl just needs to be fired., and he's making a great case this season

Won't happen. The team is still making tons of $.

the Talking Can
11-28-2004, 04:02 PM
nothing matters until CP leaves....year 12 without a playoff victory will become year 13

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 04:10 PM
your insane :shake: :shake:

the lack of fundamentals alone should dictate coaching changes of some kind.

inconsistently motivated should demand coaching changes of some kind

talent level doesn't effect those

btw-- who decided to keep the same talent this year :spock:

Keeping the same talent was dictated by the cap and the talent available. We couldn't, wouldn't and shouldn't have paid what was paid for Bailey, Kearse or Winstrom. The one guy they could have and should have gotten was Troy Vincent.

I assume you are talking about the defensive fundamentals. The biggest issue on defense is tackling. We need LBs and DBs who are more physical, heavy hitting playmakers.

Now, I do agree with you on the technique of our DBs in playing physical coverage. We've had far too many illegal hands to the face, illegal contact and defensive holding on our CBs. I would replace Guinta.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Keeping the same talent was dictated by the cap and the talent available.

I assume you are talking about the defensive fundamentals. The biggest issue on defense is tackling. We need LBs and DBs who are more physical, heavy hitting playmakers.

we used money to resign players like Hicks,browning,woods,bartee that could of been use else where. we still dont know that we dont actually have any cap room.

we didnt sign much of anything AFTER we didnt match taits frachise tag off of 7 million dollars. i still haven't seen where all that money went.

i not talking about just defensive fundamentals either

penalties are happening everywhere ... our special teams have been weak all across the boards... our offense has failed to step up several times as well.

nope, the blame goes far deeper than just 'defensive fundamentals'

but i agree firing Guinta is a nice start!!! :thumb: :thumb:

btw- dont forget CB bobby taylor and MLB jeremiah trotter... both whom sign cheap.(i'm sure there are others too)

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 04:28 PM
we used money to resign players like Hicks,browning,woods,bartee that could of been use else where. we still dont know that we dont actually have any cap room.

we didnt sign much of anything AFTER we didnt match taits frachise tag off of 7 million dollars. i still haven't seen where all that money went.

penalties are happening everywhere ... our special teams have been weak all across the boards... our offense has failed to step up several times as well.

btw- dont forget CB bobby taylor and MLB jeremiah trotter... both whom sign cheap.(i'm sure there are others too)

Penalties is not a matter of coaching. That's a matter of self discipline. The Tuna said it the other day, penalties are players not paying attention, not coaching. Our injuries decimated our STs. Boerigter and Beisel have been huge STs players for us.

Valid point on the free agents we signed. Bobby Taylor I agree with (same as Troy Vincent IMHO). Trotter would have been a good pickup, I agree with that as well, but you do know that he just now got the start in Philly.

I've wanted Guinta gone for a couple of years. We really need to pickup 4 free agents in my opinion.... CB, OLB, and 2 WRs.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Penalties is not a matter of coaching. That's a matter of self discipline

and imo self discipline is a result of the way players are coached and which players are selected in the first place.

maybe Vermeil should include "self discipline" in his player "profile" from now on... :hmmm:

Alphaman
11-28-2004, 04:36 PM
and imo self discipline is a result of the way players are coached and which players are selected in the first place.

maybe Vermeil should include "self discipline" in his player "profile" from now on... :hmmm:

Following that line of thinking, we should be blasting Gun. Remember, this team was one of the least penalized last year.

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2004, 04:37 PM
I would replace Guinta.

I would replace Peterson to for not getting the players that needed to be here. I'm refering to the draft and FA .

Mr. Laz
11-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Following that line of thinking, we should be blasting Gun. Remember, this team was one of the least penalized last year.

of course Gunther is held responsible for the performance of his players

all the coaches should be, i dont understand why so many people find it so problematic to hold the people in charge responsible for the results of the team performance.

coaches pick the players
coaches teach the players

if the players can't do what the coaches want then they should make them better or replace them

front office gets the players, if they player caliber isnt high enough then they aren't doing their job.

is isn't that complicated ... unless the excuses and denial start

Chiefnj
11-28-2004, 07:44 PM
I find it hard to get excited about the draft with the Chiefs current staff making the picks. I find myself saying "They traded down?" "They took a what? We don't need a [insert position of non-need]." "Interesting that we'd take him in the 2nd when every publication and Kiper have him as a 5th round prospect."

HolmeZz
11-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Kiper should draft for us. He has a better idea than anyone in our organization.

Fat Elvis
11-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Kiper should draft for us. He has a better idea than anyone in our organization.

Voyager would draft better than Carl.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2004, 09:25 PM
We need a MLB, an all-around DE, a #1 CB, #1 WR, and a future stud LT.

Rain Man
11-28-2004, 11:33 PM
Oakland just passed us in the standings.

Count Alex's Losses
11-28-2004, 11:34 PM
Oakland just passed us in the standings.

WOOHOO

Rausch
11-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Kiper should draft for us.

And you think CP is an egomaniac...

Valiant
11-29-2004, 12:14 AM
nothing matters until CP leaves....year 12 without a playoff victory will become year 13

Isnt this year 14 or 15 Didnt he arrive in 89

KCChiefsMan
11-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Derrick Johnson or Ahmad Brooks here we come!

I have a strong feeling that we'll pass both of them up. we'll either trade up for an extra middle round pick or we'll draft a OT

DaWolf
11-29-2004, 01:27 AM
I have a strong feeling that we'll pass both of them up. we'll either trade up for an extra middle round pick or we'll draft a OT
That wouldn't surprise me. Carl would reason that they have so many holes to fill (DE, LB, CB, OT, WR) and trade down for more picks and wind up taking a couple of so so players instead of the one blue chipper he could take, further reasoning that it would be cheaper to do so than paying a top 5 pick.

Regardless, whoever we draft will be worthless because they will be in a contract dispute with Carl all through camp...

alanm
11-29-2004, 01:36 AM
Voyager would draft better than Carl.Oh that's it. Now you've gone and done it. You've called out Voyager. Non de Plume nonwithstanding. :)

J Diddy
11-29-2004, 04:06 AM
That wouldn't surprise me. Carl would reason that they have so many holes to fill (DE, LB, CB, OT, WR) and trade down for more picks and wind up taking a couple of so so players instead of the one blue chipper he could take, further reasoning that it would be cheaper to do so than paying a top 5 pick.

Regardless, whoever we draft will be worthless because they will be in a contract dispute with Carl all through camp...

I strongly disagree. The player Carl would pick with the top 5 is most assuredly someone you will have never heard of.

J Diddy
11-29-2004, 04:08 AM

Hell I'm sure Gun is thinking the 5 yard penalty is gonna give them less ground than the 50 yard run they were getting ready to have.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
bump ... we just hopped up to 4th

:thumb:

Brock
11-29-2004, 02:07 PM
So the Chiefs are sitting there and Leinart is on the board. Yes or no?

Mr. Laz
11-29-2004, 02:18 PM

depends on what they decide to do with the team as a whole IMO

if Vermeil stays and keeps most of the players and tries to squeak another year out of this "window" then i say we trade with another team who wants leinart, move down a few spots and grab the best player at a position of need.

position of need takes priority in a short term situation.

if we gut everything and start over... then we draft the best player available regardless of position. if that is leinart, then so be it

Brock
11-29-2004, 02:23 PM
I think if you have the chance to draft the franchise QB and your QB is going on 35, that's a move you have to make. A couple of draft picks on defense aren't going to fix those problems.

Rausch
11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
I think if you have the chance to draft the franchise QB and your QB is going on 35, that's a move you have to make. A couple of draft picks on defense aren't going to fix those problems.

I think QB and a playmaking WR are the hardest positions to fill. You get a chance at one you feel fits you should take it.

beavis
11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Actually, I wouldn't be surpised at all if we take that Edwards kid out of Michigan.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Shut down CB

philfree

It depends who is left on the board. Trading down for the Cowboys 2 first round picks might work out good though. April is along way off ..............

PhilFree :arrow:

tk13
I think there's a lot of people who expect that Miami and San Fran will both take QB's and swipe up Leinert and that Aaron Rodgers from California... if that happens it's possible that the Chiefs would have their choice between Rolle and Derrick Johnson.

HC_Chief
11-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Then Rolle it is.

tk13
11-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Although... Fred Smoot is a FA, isn't he? I'm not sure... If that's so the Skins might draft Rolle...

The Bad Guy
11-29-2004, 02:52 PM
I'd rather have Smoot and Johnson than Rolle and some FA OLB.

But then again, Smoot probably doesn't fit the profile.

Hoover
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM

I alway wonder how much better our defense would have been if we had signed Trotter.

With a top 5 pick we need to go with a DE or CB. I'd only go LB if he is a can't miss stud, but I worry about drafting a LB high in round 1.

HC_Chief
I don't know if we could pass on Rolle.... that kid is a stud. A real bona fide shut down corner.

Wiat a minute... he's not a safety... I guess he <i>can't</i> play corner for us :(

philfree
If we choose to go CB we could trade down with the Cowboys their 2 1st round picks as well as a Kings ransom of lesser picks and then draft CBs Marlin Jackson (Mich) or Cory Webster LSU or even both. :hmmm:

PhilFree :arrow:

ChiefsOne
I believe LB or CB are the most needed. QB would be great, but just look at what DT and Neil Smith did for our defense.

Made it a lot farther with a great D than a great O!

Brock
11-29-2004, 02:55 PM

Not at all.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2004, 02:57 PM
I believe LB or CB are the most needed. QB would be great, but just look at what DT and Neil Smith did for our defense.

I agree either a shut down corner of a bad ass MLB whichever is best when we pick.

HC_Chief
11-29-2004, 02:57 PM

We had some damn fine DBs and DTs to go w/ DT and Neil. Saleamua, Phillips, Traylor, Cherry, Hasty, Carter, Lewis.... any of those guys would EASILY be our defensive captain today.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2004, 02:58 PM
We had some damn fine DBs and DTs to go w/ DT and Neil. Saleamua, Phillips, Traylor, Cherry, Hasty, Carter, Lewis.... any of those guys would EASILY be our defensive captain today.

I still can't believe we gave Traylor up.

HC_Chief
11-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I went ballistic when we let Saleamua go!!!! High character DT who would disrupt plays like no one else. He had more intensity and power than Sapp without the shitty attitude. And we let him walk... to a division RIVAL no less :shake: