PDA

View Full Version : Saunders play calling in the second half deserves a lot of the blame

PunkinDrublic
11-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Why the **** did the Chiefs abandon the run and instead opt for those stupid swing passes. The offense was running the ball all over the Chargers and they went away from what was working. Also what's with this running back by committee bullshit were seeing. Stick with one starter preferably Blaylock. If the Chiefs would have stuck with running the football instead of that stupid ass dumping the ball in the flat play they would have controlled the time of possesion and scored a couple of badly needed touchdowns in the second half. The running game is what kicks our offense into gear and opens up the passing game. Monday night the Chiefs were able to move the ball with balanced playcalling even though Blaylock was getting about 1ypc. Monday night they stuck with running the ball and it opened up the passing game. Losing to the Chargers is un-****ing-acceptable I don't care how much better they are than they used to be. Having a home game against San Diego on the Chiefs schedule is equivalent to the free space in bingo.

David.
11-28-2004, 05:56 PM
blahblah

OCChargerFan
11-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Sorry, your bitter but don't bad mouth us. I gave you guys props for playing a good game but you're just not a good team for a number of reasons, injuries included.

Phobia
11-28-2004, 06:09 PM
Saunders is purposefully tanking games now. He's looking forward to the new toys he'll get next April with the first 2 picks in the draft.

Warrior5
11-28-2004, 06:12 PM
At this point in the season, this quote could easily read as follows:

Losing to the Chiefs is un-****ing-acceptable...having a game against the Chiefs is equivalent to the free space in bingo.

Which Chief in Oakland will be the next to fumble inside the 10-yard line on his way to an almost-sure TD? Gonzo? Holmes? Vote in our on-line poll at www.BattleoftheBasementDwellers.com.

gblowfish
11-28-2004, 06:17 PM
At this point in the season, this quote could easily read as follows: Which Chief in Oakland will be the next to fumble inside the 10-yard line on his way to an almost-sure TD? Gonzo? Holmes? Vote in our on-line poll at www.BattleoftheBasementDwellers.com. Hey...that's a phony URL. What the....???

PunkinDrublic
11-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Sorry, your bitter but don't bad mouth us. I gave you guys props for playing a good game but you're just not a good team for a number of reasons, injuries included.

The Chiefs aren't a good team because they consistantly beat themselves week in and week out. I'll respect the chargers more when they can string together a couple of winning seasons and stop being the division doormat every other year. Wow Drew Brees was able to pass all over our defense that's only been done by every one of our opponents!!

David.
11-28-2004, 06:19 PM
The Chiefs aren't a good team because they consistantly beat themselves week in and week out. I'll respect the chargers more when they can string together a couple of winning seasons and stop being the division doormat every other year. Wow Drew Brees was able to pass all over our defense that's only been done by every one of our opponents!!

they're 8-3, you can STFU now.

PunkinDrublic
11-28-2004, 06:21 PM
they're 8-3, you can STFU now.

They've been floating by on a weak schedule so you can STFU.

David.
11-28-2004, 06:22 PM

ROFL you're nuts. NUTS

dirk digler
11-28-2004, 06:22 PM

So did we last year.

Phobia
11-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Weak schedule is a misnomer in today's NFL. Every division has the SAME opponents save 2 conference squads. If the Chiefs were 2 games behind the Chargers, we'd have something to discuss. The Chargers had the Jets and Browns instead of our Patriots and Ravens. If you really think the Jets and Browns would have pushed us over .500, you're barking up the wrong tree.

PunkinDrublic
11-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Weak schedule is a misnomer in today's NFL. Every division has the SAME opponents save 2 conference squads. If the Chiefs were 2 games behind the Chargers, we'd have something to discuss. The Chargers had the Jets and Browns instead of our Patriots and Ravens. If you really think the Jets and Browns would have pushed us over .500, you're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm not saying the Chiefs are much better. If I sound bitter it's because I am. It's one thing if the Chiefs didn't have the talent to win but the offensive play calling today kept the Chiefs from destroying an overmatched defense IMO. The Chiefs have been underachieving team all year and losing at home to teams like the Texans and the Chargers is a real lowpoint for me.

FloridaChief
11-28-2004, 06:51 PM
I'll respect the chargers more when they can string together a couple of winning seasons and stop being the division doormat every other year.

You can start respecting the Chargers now 'cause there's a new doormat in town...

tk13
11-28-2004, 06:57 PM
If you really think the Jets and Browns would have pushed us over .500, you're barking up the wrong tree.
I think we could've scored 105 points on the Browns today... :)

Bowser
11-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Play calling aside (and it WAS bad), Dante's fumble is what lost the game. He spits up a TD on the 3 yard line, and they get a field goal out of it. That's a ten point swing. That's the ballgame.

2bikemike
11-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Play calling aside (and it WAS bad), Dante's fumble is what lost the game. He spits up a TD on the 3 yard line, and they get a field goal out of it. That's a ten point swing. That's the ballgame.

IIRC they stopped them after Dantes fumble and they got nothing. But I could be wrong I was jumping up and down and hollering for about 10 minutes after the fumble.

Bowser
11-28-2004, 07:21 PM
IIRC they stopped them after Dantes fumble and they got nothing. But I could be wrong I was jumping up and down and hollering for about 10 minutes after the fumble.

Nope, they got a field goal. I was really expecting them to drive 97 yards for the TD.

2bikemike
11-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Nope, they got a field goal. I was really expecting them to drive 97 yards for the TD.

Nope they were stopped on the 50 and punted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=241128012&quarter=3

Deberg_1990
11-28-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm not saying the Chiefs are much better. If I sound bitter it's because I am. It's one thing if the Chiefs didn't have the talent to win but the offensive play calling today kept the Chiefs from destroying an overmatched defense IMO. The Chiefs have been underachieving team all year and losing at home to teams like the Texans and the Chargers is a real lowpoint for me.

You sound like one of the Chiefs players. They think they are "better" than they really are. Sorry, this team is bad. There are many MANY problems with this team. Where do i start?? Special teams are bad. Defense is an abomination. The O-line has been creaky at times this year. Our QB likes to throw into double and triple coverage. Our WR's are average at best. The coaching descisions on game day and game day preperations have been horrible....I could go on and on and on.......

2bikemike
11-28-2004, 07:35 PM
You sound like one of the Chiefs players. They think they are "better" than they really are. Sorry, this team is bad. There are many MANY problems with this team. Where do i start?? Special teams are bad. Defense is an abomination. The O-line has been creaky at times this year. Our QB likes to throw into double and triple coverage. Our WR's are average at best. The coaching descisions on game day and game day preperations have been horrible....I could go on and on and on.......

I agree right now there are a ton of problems that need to be solved. Lots of blame to go around.

But the biggest thing that chaps my hide is the poor tackling. I am sick and tired of watching guy gain 10 to 20 yards while a member of our defense is hanging onto the guys shoulder pads. Warfield put on a clinic on how not to tackle today. I think it was Gates that ran him down the field while Warfield played with Gates shoulder pads finally I think Harts showed up and wrapped him up low.

Bowser
11-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Nope they were stopped on the 50 and punted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=241128012&quarter=3

My bad. Must've been their next drive, but I know they scored not long after that. :hmmm:

2bikemike
11-28-2004, 08:00 PM
My bad. Must've been their next drive, but I know they scored not long after that. :hmmm:

Yeah we punted and then they scored. :banghead: :cuss:

philfree
11-28-2004, 08:21 PM
It's obvious that Saunders does not have a good 2 minute concept for the 4th qtr. If he did we would've............maybe........... :rolleyes: FOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............................................k!

PhilFree :arrow:

Rausch
11-28-2004, 08:24 PM
From the sound of the postgame DV wants to run the ball about as much as I do, but our OC doesn't...