PDA

View Full Version : Should I become unaffiliated?

JimNasium
11-28-2004, 08:40 PM
It has become increasingly more difficult for me to be passionate about this team and today, going into the third quarter, I just assumed that they were going to loose (CPS). The funny thing is that I didn't really mind. Over the course of the last decade it has been tough to be a Chiefs fan and other than the first half of last season it hasn't really been all that fun. This is the first season in a long time that I haven't attended a game and the first time in recent memory that I haven't bought any merchandise. Perhaps I should reject my team affiliation and become an independant fan. Whadya think?

stevieray
11-28-2004, 08:43 PM
If you're asking this question, I think you already know the answer.

JimNasium
11-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Is this a "don't let the door hit you in the ass" response? :p

Rausch
11-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Whadya think?

OldTownChief
11-28-2004, 08:46 PM

Hey Elvis, I saw you in the stands today, looks like you got back on the horse.

jAZ
11-28-2004, 08:46 PM
You should stay a Chiefs fan, and passionate root for them to lose every game that they can. It's all about the draft picks and the schedule next season.

It feels good to be a Chiefs fan, when you are excited when they win, and also excited when they lose.

Join the bandwagon! There's plenty of room.

:thumb:

JimNasium
11-28-2004, 08:47 PM
ROFL So is that a yes or a no?

FloridaChief
:) Rep.

Sure-Oz
wtf is up with these retarded threads lately??

OHH NooOOSSS!! We are losing, I think i'll quit being a chiefs fan, I am only around when times are good r0x0rzzzski!!

Skip Towne
11-28-2004, 08:48 PM
You are a quitter. Become a Miami fan.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Yes, cause next year is an odd year and we will win the AFC West again, get home field, and get knocked out in the first round. Thats the Chiefs way of life.

JimNasium
11-28-2004, 08:49 PM
wtf is up with these retarded threads lately??

OHH NooOOSSS!! We are losing, I think i'll quit being a chiefs fan, I am only around when times are good r0x0rzzzski!!
It was slightly TIC you dumb ass.

JimNasium
11-28-2004, 08:51 PM
You know what I always say, don't be a quitter, stick it in her shitter. :thumb:

Skip Towne
11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
So you are a quitter with a bad attitude.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 08:52 PM
regardless these threads get gayer and gayer.

go bowe
11-28-2004, 08:54 PM
It was slightly TIC you dumb ass.you have a tic?

i hear they've got some good drugs that will take care of that for you... :thumb:

tommykat
Davey needs a KC jersey on.........why didn't you ever put him in one? Fair game all.........all photo shops go....:p

JimNasium
regardless these threads get gayer and gayer.Lighten up Francis.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
11-28-2004, 09:26 PM
fair weather
you can climb back on the wagon when we get back on top

Count Alex's Losses
11-28-2004, 09:28 PM
fair weather

My sentiments exactly.

JimNasium
11-28-2004, 09:44 PM
fair weather
I don't think one posts over 6,000 times on a Chiefs BB is a fair weather fan.

JimNasium
11-28-2004, 09:44 PM
My sentiments exactly.
**** you Goat Cheese.

Count Alex's Losses
11-28-2004, 09:45 PM
**** you Goat Cheese.

No, f*ck you, you puppet-avatar-sporting fairweather asscrank. You never give up on your team. NEVAAAR!!! :cuss:

JimNasium
11-28-2004, 09:50 PM
No, f*ck you, you puppet-avatar-sporting fairweather asscrank. You never give up on your team. NEVAAAR!!! :cuss:
Go play with you Star Wars toys you stupid ass virgin. Give us a call when you blow a nut into something other than a dirty sock.

whoman69
11-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Its all my fault. I started rooting for the defending champions back in '70 and they haven't been back since.

MOhillbilly
11-29-2004, 09:29 AM
DIEHARD,supports his team when they are good and when they suck.
not seeing many folks sportin the Chiefs gear as of late.

Skip Towne
11-29-2004, 09:34 AM
**** you Goat Cheese.
My sentiments exactly.

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 09:54 AM
I think it's normal to question your affiliation right now. Everyone gets a little "confused" about their identity from time to time. Just because you feel attracted to rooting for other teams, doesn't make you strange. Your family will love you for who you are on the inside. Other fans sometimes also become aroused at the sound of words like peyton, terrell, and shaun. You are normal....deal with this and go get your priest on.

patteeu
11-29-2004, 10:25 AM

Good call. LOL

I'm sure Jim Nasium is really just going through a bit of depression and will ultimately rebound, but I invite all the fair weather fans to abandon the Chiefs for good and start rooting for some other team. Maybe you can be happy jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon, but I'll never understand that. When the Chiefs do start winning again, I will be able to say that I kept the faith during the down years (just as I did during the REALLY down years of the 70's and 80's). I don't mind complaints, pleas for change, and criticism, but for those who are really at the end of their fandom over a few years of mediocre (not even bad) results, get the hell out and don't come back. Become a NY Yankees fan or something.

JimNasium
11-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Thank you to those of you that had some fun with me on this thread. For those of you that take life to serious and got cranky with me I would suggest that you take some of this:

http://www.bayer.ca/content/pictures/Midol.jpg

Otter
11-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Someone needs to write up an official "How to be a Real Fan" guide because I'm becoming confused.

If I make the games less of a priority on Sundays because their outcomes are basically meaningless yet, ironically, this lack of success is in a large part the fault of the Chiefs Organizations itself.

Does the lack of effort on both parties cancel each other out?

Maybe there some sort of formula I can run my time spent here, watching the games and reading up on team news thru and compare them with the effort put forth by the Chiefs.

However, how do we accurately measure the effort put forward by the Chiefs? Free agents brought in? Salary cap standings? Total practice hours?

Maybe some wise soul such as goat cheese could stop dressing up Darth Vader in Barbie Dresses and take a moment and brand me with a label so I knew what I really thought things would be so much easier.

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Just as a warning, if you become an independent fan you'll never get to a chair a committee in the NFL Senate.

Cochise
11-29-2004, 12:32 PM

Post #2 is the best post on the thread.

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Post #2 is the best post on the thread.

I still think that Jim is alright. He can drink a beer with me anytime. Well, anytime that I can fit him into my schedule.

beavis
11-29-2004, 02:34 PM
fair weather
Yeah, by then I can use my social security checks on season tickets.

ROYC75
11-29-2004, 02:36 PM
It has become increasingly more difficult for me to be passionate about this team and today, going into the third quarter, I just assumed that they were going to loose (CPS). The funny thing is that I didn't really mind. Over the course of the last decade it has been tough to be a Chiefs fan and other than the first half of last season it hasn't really been all that fun. This is the first season in a long time that I haven't attended a game and the first time in recent memory that I haven't bought any merchandise. Perhaps I should reject my team affiliation and become an independant fan. Whadya think?

( post season blues )( slap slap ) OK, you can wake up now, it's been a bad dream, preseason is just around the corner.

Really, look at it this way, we always have next year, right ?

Pants
11-29-2004, 02:42 PM
blow a nut into a dirty sock.

Damn, that's a good idea.

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 02:51 PM
I still think that Jim is alright. He can drink a beer with me anytime. Well, anytime that I can fit him into my schedule.
What're ya doin' on December 23?

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
I hear that for statistical purposes, the NFL counts all unaffiliated fans as Cardinal fans.

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 03:17 PM
What're ya doin' on December 23?

Christmas Eve's Eve? Probably washing my hair. :p

JimNasium
11-29-2004, 03:34 PM
( post season blues )( slap slap ) OK, you can wake up now, it's been a bad dream, preseason is just around the corner.

Really, look at it this way, we always have next year, right ?
Yeah, I'll snap out of it eventually. Truthfully I'll be glad for the season to be over so the Planet will get back to normal. There are waaaaay too many people that take themselves waaaaaay too seriously on here right now. :D

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 03:40 PM

I wash my hair near the solstices too.

JimNasium
11-29-2004, 03:41 PM
I wash my hair near the solstices too.
What hair? :spock: :p

Rausch
11-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Christmas Eve's Eve? Probably washing my hair. :p ROFL

Eh, what do I know....I got "I'm tired." :harumph:

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2004, 03:45 PM
I gotta new Priest jersey this year and will be going to the game next week I just won't be wearing the jersey.

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Gosh, that's too bad for you. Oh well.

RedNFeisty
11-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I became a Chiefs fan when Montana came over, perhaps I am just a fair-weather fan. I have not seen the Chiefs play this bad since becoming a fan. Due to the horrid playing I have to admit I do find myself rooting for other teams (won't mention which ones, don't want to be hanged. No, not anyone in the Chiefs division.) I watch football for the fun and violence, I want goose bumps and chills when watching a football game. I want to jump up and cheer like a banshee when a touch down is scored. I find myself longing for these things this year when watching the Chiefs. Don't get me wrong, I still feel a passion for the Chiefs, they just are not giving me that tingling feeling, and that is leaving me wanting.

Logical
11-29-2004, 04:52 PM
regardless these threads get gayer and gayer.

Kind of like your posts responding to these threads.

Get a sense of humor.:rolleyes:

Logical
11-29-2004, 04:53 PM
I became a Chiefs fan when Montana came over, perhaps I am just a fair-weather fan. I have not seen the Chiefs play this bad since becoming a fan. Due to the horrid playing I have to admit I do find myself rooting for other teams (won't mention which ones, don't want to be hanged. No, not anyone in the Chiefs division.) I watch football for the fun and violence, I want goose bumps and chills when watching a football game. I want to jump up and cheer like a banshee when a touch down is scored. I find myself longing for these things this year when watching the Chiefs. Don't get me wrong, I still feel a passion for the Chiefs, they just are not giving me that tingling feeling, and that is leaving me wanting.

So what uni is Clint wearing to bed these days?:p

RedNFeisty
11-29-2004, 04:56 PM
So what uni is Clint wearing to bed these days?:p

What is uni? If it is what I think, I was referring to the game of football!!

Logical
11-29-2004, 05:00 PM
What is uni? If it is what I think, I was referring to the game of football!!

uni=uniform

Come on Red it was a joke.:D

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 05:02 PM
What hair? :spock: :p

Okay. Brows. I wash my eyebrows.

RedNFeisty
11-29-2004, 05:09 PM
uni=uniform

Come on Red it was a joke.:D

Certainly you didn't think I took offense! :p

I just didn't know what a uni was and I wasn't going to respond without knowing, come on, you think I am a blonde!?!

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Gosh, that's too bad for you. Oh well.

Are you going to be in Spfld?

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Are you going to be in Spfld?
No... I hear they're trying to shut down the titty bars.

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 05:15 PM
No... I hear they're trying to shut down the titty bars.

I see. I have absolutely nothing witty to say in response to this.

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Good. I wasn't entirely sure where I was going with that anyway.

Rausch
11-29-2004, 06:02 PM

How about "I did my part, where's your contribution?"

Baby Lee
11-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Tough to be witty, when it comes to the titty.

Logical
11-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Tough to be witty, when it comes to the titty.I see you overcame it.

tk13
11-29-2004, 06:41 PM
I see you overcame it.
Yeah, he "milked" that for all it was worth.

Rausch
11-29-2004, 06:43 PM

Nah, he's just keeping "abreast" the planet smart azzes...

Baby Lee
11-29-2004, 06:45 PM
knocked it into the 'upper deck' if I do say so myself. ;)

Rausch
11-29-2004, 06:47 PM
knocked it into the 'upper deck' if I do say so myself. ;)

I'll admit, it's hard to go "tit for tat" with you on puns...