PDA

View Full Version : Did I hear Jack Harry correctly?

BigChief1
11-28-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm sure I heard him say that in the last 7 years we are...

> playing below .500 ball...55 Wins - 57 Loses.

> Only 2 teams in the NFL have a worst record over the last 7 years.

> The Chiefs have raised ticket prices 77% during that time.

I'm sorry...we as fans deserve a better product for our money. We have been stepping up and paying the bills and for what? It makes me sick that the Chiefs just don't seem to care.

Phobia
11-28-2004, 11:42 PM
Not only do they not care, but they seem to want a quarter of a billion dollars in tax money.

Lamar must have some pretty good 'scripts.

the Talking Can
11-28-2004, 11:42 PM
he must be wrong...we were 32-0 during Gunther's reign..remember being in the playoffs?

yeah, me neither....enter year 12 without a playoff victory

KcMizzou
11-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Only two teams are more than 2 games below 500? That doesn't sound right.

bobbything
11-28-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm sorry...we as fans deserve a better product for our money. We have been stepping up and paying the bills and for what?
Then season ticket holders should step up to the plate and not renew their seats. That's the only way.

Season ticket holders in pro sports are akin to alumni in college sports. It's the only way to get results. Sadly enough, your letters and radio show call-ins won't do a damn bit of good.

bricks
11-28-2004, 11:45 PM
I'm sure I heard him say that in the last 7 years we are...

> playing below .500 ball...55 Wins - 57 Loses.

> Only 2 teams in the NFL have a worst record over the last 7 years.

> The Chiefs have raised ticket prices 77% during that time.

I'm sorry...we as fans deserve a better product for our money. We have been stepping up and paying the bills and for what? It makes me sick that the Chiefs just don't seem to care.

This seems like a like a really bad formula. Lamar seems very caniving :hmmm:

dirk digler
11-28-2004, 11:46 PM
He was referring to our record since Marty has left. He said Marty made CP look good and since Marty has left CP sucks big balls.

tk13
11-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Only two teams are more than 2 games below 500? That doesn't sound right.
That's what I was going to say. Doesn't seem logical unless you have a crapload of teams right at .500....

tk13
11-28-2004, 11:49 PM
I've got us at 53-54 in regular season play over the last 7 years....

dirk digler
11-28-2004, 11:52 PM
I've got us at 53-54 in regular season play over the last 7 years....

Maybe he was counting our only playoff appearance in 7 years as a loss as well which would make it 53-55.

WilliamTheIrish
11-28-2004, 11:53 PM
This seems like a like a really bad formula. Lamar seems very caniving :hmmm:

What the market will bear....

tk13
11-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Hmm I thought maybe he meant that there were only 2 AFC teams with worse records but I've got the Bengals, Bills, and Chargers alone all with worse records over that span.

dirk digler
11-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Hmm I thought maybe he meant that there were only 2 AFC teams with worse records but I've got the Bengals, Bills, and Chargers alone all with worse records over that span.

All I know is that he was talking about since Marty has left we are a below .500 team and that Marty made Carl look good. Once Marty left, the Chiefs have been a below average team with only 1 playoff appearance.

bobbything
11-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Here's 4 more...

Arizona: 39-70
Cinci: 31-76
Detroit: 36-69
Washington: 47-60

bricks
11-29-2004, 12:09 AM
All I know is that he was talking about since Marty has left we are a below .500 team and that Marty made Carl look good.

Nah I don't think so. What's killed us is Carl's inability to draft good players.

Phobia
11-29-2004, 12:11 AM
I'm not sure I trust much of what Jack Harry says about the Chiefs. He really dislikes Carl Peterson for reasons having little to do with the 53 guys Carl fields each year.

dirk digler
11-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Nah I don't think so. What's killed us is Carl's inability to draft good players.

While I agree with that Marty was and still is a great coach who could coach up players who lacked talent. Most of his teams were over achieving teams IMO.

Cochise
11-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Harry still has an axe to grind with CP... no news here.

But being below .500 and raising prices 77% is frickin' ridiculous.

dirk digler
11-29-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure I trust much of what Jack Harry says about the Chiefs. He really dislikes Carl Peterson for reasons having little to do with the 53 guys Carl fields each year.

True he has a huge axe to grind with CP for whatever reason.

bricks
11-29-2004, 12:15 AM
While I agree with that Marty was and still is a great coach who could coach up players who lacked talent. Most of his teams were over achieving teams IMO.

Too be quite honest I don't think Marty has ever had THE team. He's had good teams, don't get me wrong, but, never THE team. To prove my point, why are the Chiefs ever so one-dimensional? and it hasn't changed since Marty got here.

dirk digler
11-29-2004, 12:22 AM
Too be quite honest I don't think Marty has ever had THE team. He's had good teams, don't get me wrong, but, never THE team. To prove my point, why are the Chiefs ever so one-dimensional? and it hasn't changed since Marty got here.

Yep I agree with you we either have an awesome D and horrible O or an awesome O and horrible D. It would be great for once to be good on both sides of the ball.

bricks
11-29-2004, 12:48 AM
Yep I agree with you we either have an awesome D and horrible O or an awesome O and horrible D. It would be great for once to be good on both sides of the ball.

It wouldn't suprise me either if in the next 6 years or so, our defense is amazing, and our offense sucks. For that to happen, all the Chiefs have to do, is, re-sign Carl and his staff to multi-year contracts and were set for another repeat building of a one-dimensional team. The evidence is clear, Carl Peterson can't build a team. He can build half a team. And witnessing 11 years of it is enough proof. It wouldn't suprise me if Lamar rewards him with another contract, I can see it happening. And then the ticket prices will raise. Seriously, that's the direction and the franchise the Chiefs seem to be like.

BigRedChief
11-29-2004, 07:37 AM
Then season ticket holders should step up to the plate and not renew their seats. That's the only way.

Season ticket holders in pro sports are akin to alumni in college sports. It's the only way to get results. Sadly enough, your letters and radio show call-ins won't do a damn bit of good.

I agree. You should all give up your seats. I promise I'll give up my season tickets if you will. Pinky swear and all.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2004, 07:41 AM
53 - 54

http://www.profootballreference.com/teams/kanindex.htm

Mile High Mania
11-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Here's 4 more...

Arizona: 39-70
Cinci: 31-76
Detroit: 36-69
Washington: 47-60

You can throw the Bills and Cowboys in there.

BigRedChief
11-29-2004, 07:47 AM

While I'm thinking of it....You know Whitlock has a reason to be all over King Carl because he was close to DT and King Carl kept him away from the family at the hospital. Real ugly scene from what I heard from a person who was there. I think he's been too easy on King Carl the last 2 years. But thats just me.

bobbything
11-29-2004, 08:16 AM
I agree. You should all give up your seats. I promise I'll give up my season tickets if you will. Pinky swear and all.
I gave mine up after the 95 season. Pinky swear and all.

What do you propose the city does to send a message? Have a sit-in?