PDA

View Full Version : what makes me really sick

cheeeefs
11-28-2004, 11:53 PM
is that there is so much wrong with this franchise right now, it's hard to seperate the sh|t from the shine.

Aside from Priest Holmes/TonyG (and a getting very old O-line) we have no way to tell which players are good enough to plug into a *good* team as not superstar but solid supporting cast. Is it the coaches? Is it the talent? Is it the head office? is it the scouts? Is it the owner? We all sit here and point fingers at different things all day, because honestly we have NO CLUE wtf is really wrong.

I mean it's obvious the D sucks baows, but that's not the heart of the problem... it's been going on too long for a simple influx of talent to fix, do we have a problem coaching the talent we have? Is it bad playcalling? Do we have a problem evaluating talent which hinders us bringing anyone worth a schlit in?

We have a lack of heart, why? players? coaches? I don't even know where to point the damn finger anymore.

That's what makes me so frustrated this season, I have no idea what needs to be done to fix this. My kneejerk reaction is to say fire 3/4's the team and start completely over, but that's not feasable... I don't know what the fix is, and I don't have any confidence in our front office to know what the problem is either.

This sucks.

PastorMikH
11-29-2004, 12:11 AM
That's what makes me so frustrated this season, I have no idea what needs to be done to fix this. My kneejerk reaction is to say fire 3/4's the team and start completely over, but that's not feasable....

Why can't we? Teams do that from time to time, it's called rebuilding.

I think that first and foremost, the blame gets laid at the head - CP, and to an extent for putting up with him for so long, Lamar Hunt.

I think for the most part, the problem is all of the above - we can't scout talent, we can't sign FA talent, we can't coach what little talent we have. Sounds to me like your idea of cutting 3/4 of the organization is what really needs to happen.

cheeeefs
11-29-2004, 12:35 AM
cutting 3/4's the team isn't going to help if we replace them with the same crap we have now. Does anyone feel that if we *just* add a few impact players on D we can actually contend? I don't know if I trust in Dicky V anymore. He's too soft, I'm tired of not seeing a FOOTBALL team out there. If we have to lose, I at least wish we would hit people, and play with passion. I get sick of watching limp noodle football.

I'm venting tonight :D

bricks
11-29-2004, 12:35 AM
It all starts with the foundation of the franchise. That being said, we can blame Lamar Hunt, Jack Steadman, Clark Hunt, Carl Peterson, Lynn Stiles, and Denny Thum.

All these guys are what make-up the roots, core of this franchise. There's a saying, quote philosphy I always believed in when I was attending architectural school, and it goes like this,

"if the foundation of a building is not designated to work, then the rest of the building components/elements are ultimately meaningless."

A professional sporting franchise is no different. It all starts with the front office down. My 2 cents.

Phobia
11-29-2004, 12:38 AM
I don't know if I trust in Dicky V anymore. He's too soft, I'm tired of not seeing a FOOTBALL team out there. If we have to lose, I at least wish we would hit people, and play with passion. I get sick of watching limp noodle football.

I'm venting tonight :D

I think Dick Vermeil would be a very successful girls High School volleyball coach.

chileanbolt
11-29-2004, 12:42 AM
chief fans i have to say ur team gave me the worst heartburn ever in my life. ur team is good u just have to give it time....i think u guys will still end up with a good record....us bolt bredern wish u guys goodluck the rest of the way

cheeeefs
11-29-2004, 12:42 AM
I think Dick Vermeil would be a very successful girls High School volleyball coach.

I have nothing against the man. He's a wonderful person, truly wonderful person. It's good to see people with the morale fiber that he possesses. He's just gone too soft for this sport. These are grown ass men. They don't need to be coddled (well, most of them don't) They need someone to light a fire under their arses and smack them upside the head when they play like they have a run in their stocking.

Honestly, I just want to see more hits like Mcleon put on Gates... give me 5 or 6 of those a game and I'll quit complaining, win or lose.

Phobia
11-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Honestly, I just want to see more hits like Mcleon put on Gates... give me 5 or 6 of those a game and I'll quit complaining, win or lose.

That was the first and last hit like that from McCleon. It was a complete accident, IMO.

chileanbolt
11-29-2004, 12:44 AM
first and last hit on him like that....

cheeeefs
11-29-2004, 12:48 AM
chief fans i have to say ur team gave me the worst heartburn ever in my life. ur team is good u just have to give it time....i think u guys will still end up with a good record....us bolt bredern wish u guys goodluck the rest of the way

if you watch any single game we play, it's easy to say we are good. we look good, we always play it close. but when you are 3-8 and always losing close games, you're team isn't good. It's frustrating to know we have the talent to be 9-2 this season, but for the same reasons every week we end up at 3-8. We play without heart. It's like we expect to lose come the fourth quarter unless we are up by 3 possessions. The more I talk about it, the more I'm sure it's the coaching. We aren't a top-teir team talent wise by no stretch of the imagination. but the difference between us and the crappier teams heading to the play offs is stupid stupid mistakes. The only thing stopping us from having our heads further up our ass is the natural width of our shoulders.

the only thing we do with consistancy is suck.

Chief Henry
11-29-2004, 08:01 AM
is that there is so much wrong with this franchise right now, it's hard to seperate the sh|t from the shine.

Aside from Priest Holmes/TonyG (and a getting very old O-line) we have no way to tell which players are good enough to plug into a *good* team as not superstar but solid supporting cast. Is it the coaches? Is it the talent? Is it the head office? is it the scouts? Is it the owner? We all sit here and point fingers at different things all day, because honestly we have NO CLUE wtf is really wrong.

I mean it's obvious the D sucks baows, but that's not the heart of the problem... it's been going on too long for a simple influx of talent to fix, do we have a problem coaching the talent we have? Is it bad playcalling? Do we have a problem evaluating talent which hinders us bringing anyone worth a schlit in?

We have a lack of heart, why? players? coaches? I don't even know where to point the damn finger anymore.

That's what makes me so frustrated this season, I have no idea what needs to be done to fix this. My kneejerk reaction is to say fire 3/4's the team and start completely over, but that's not feasable... I don't know what the fix is, and I don't have any confidence in our front office to know what the problem is either.

This sucks.

I couldn't agree more.