PDA

View Full Version : Who in the hell...

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-29-2004, 08:58 AM
...was the moron on WHB after the game yesterday who actually said he partially blames THE FANS for the Chiefs problems?!?! I was in the area for Thanksgiving with the family and got some free tickets to the game...some friends of ours weren't using their season tickets so we got them...and on the way home we're listening to the brain donor who I THINK was one of the show hosts, say that because the Chiefs' fans treat them so well win or lose, the team thinks they can just show up and "throw their jocks on the field" and get a win. He said if the fans would be more fickle the team would play better because they wouldn't take us for granted... which I can partially agree with where Carl Peterson is concerned...but not the players on the field.

I never imagined it was my fault for being too good of a fan, buying too much merchandise, too many tickets and making too much noise at the games. I'm so glad this intensely idiotic asshat pointed that out to me. I guess it doesn't have so much to do with a shitty defense and piss poor coaching after all.

:rolleyes:

Another penis breath on the show actually said he thinks Carl Peterson has done a good job...but in the same breath said we should trade Priest for a high draft pick or two because we draft so poorly. I guess a greater number of poor draft picks will get the job done in his opinion.

:spock:

On a side note, I got some really awesome pictures at the game that I'll be posting later.

:thumb:

Baby Lee
11-29-2004, 09:10 AM
If I have a customer who'll pay $15 for a Big Mac, I sure as hell ain't going to the trouble of grilling him a KC Strip.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-29-2004, 09:14 AM
If I have a customer who'll pay $15 for a Big Mac, I sure as hell ain't going to the trouble of grilling him a KC Strip.
That's true. I did say I agree with his point where Carl is concerned. But I don't believe for a second that the players don't care about winning as long as we fans show up. I don't think the coaches are ok with losing either.

Skip Towne
11-29-2004, 09:21 AM
You were in the area? I didn't smell anything. :shrug:

Wile_E_Coyote
11-29-2004, 09:25 AM
merchandise would have gone through the roof with another good year...so they do lose some by having a bad year

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-29-2004, 09:56 AM
merchandise would have gone through the roof with another good year...so they do lose some by having a bad year
True. The Target in Liberty made $100 or so from us yesterday morning though since we hadn't prepared to go to the game and weren't properly equiped for the cold. Naturally we had to buy a couple of Chiefs coats. Carl and Lamar can thank us for buying them a nice Starbucks coffee or two to keep them warm in last place.

beavis
11-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Wow, that's a great way of putting it.

One thing I actually agree with Greg Hall about. Paying $70 to see a 3-7 team doesn't make a you a "real" fan.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2004, 12:08 PM
...was the moron on WHB after the game yesterday who actually said he partially blames THE FANS for the Chiefs problems?!?!

it was prolly that punk ass POS danny clinkscale

there isn't anything that he can't blame the fans for ... regardless of the situation

Rausch
11-29-2004, 12:10 PM

Or $4 for a bottle of water...I was stupified... :shake:

Iowanian
11-29-2004, 12:12 PM
As I said yesterday..........I'll still watch a game if its on TV, listen on the radio, but won't be attending another game, unless I score free tickets for the Bronco game................to drive that far, to pay $25 to park, to drink $6.50 beer and eat $5 hotdogs to watch that heartless D.

I'll not buy any more Chiefs Merchandise either, until I see improvement and legit effort........up to gutting the front office and team if need be.

No more Jerseys........not for the wife or nephews. I'll wear the hat thats becoming ratty and tattered.......like my fan-ego...........

If enough people do the same..........they'll notice.

beavis
11-29-2004, 12:18 PM
If enough people do the same..........they'll notice.
Then threaten to move the team. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't, but I'm past the point of caring. Someone needs to be held accountable for this train wreck. If I did as shitty of a job at my place of employment as Peterson does, I'd have been fired long ago.

morphius
11-29-2004, 12:52 PM
I think they may lose a lot of parking sales this year, and no way are they going to be able to up the price next year.

go bowe
11-29-2004, 01:04 PM
I think they may lose a lot of parking sales this year, and no way are they going to be able to up the price next year.no way, or carl's way?

the price will go up, you can bet on it... :( :( :(

Rausch
11-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Then threaten to move the team. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't, but I'm past the point of caring.

Exactly.

I don't think Lamar would ever move the team, but Lamar's days running this team are nearly over. The fans quit going that's all the reason our next owner needs to say he's moving the team.

And on top of that, Missouri gives no support to KC. St.Louis, sure, but not KC. We can't even get the politicians to provide more women's restrooms.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Or $4 for a bottle of water...I was stupified... :shake:
True dat.

Was good to meet you btw....

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 04:59 PM
Didja buy him a shot of Rumpleminze? He loves that stuff.

Rausch
11-29-2004, 05:01 PM
True dat.

Was good to meet you btw....

You as well. I thought you'd be taller.

Not really, that's just what everyone tells me when we first meet...

Rausch
11-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Didja buy him a shot of Rumpleminze? He loves that stuff.

Actually, sunday was the first time I've had any peppermint/spearmint type of liquor since that night...

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Not really, that's just what everyone tells me when we first meet...

That's because you're freakishly short.

Rausch
11-29-2004, 05:05 PM
That's because you're freakishly short.

That's not very nice. I didn't comment on your 5 head.

You're just pissed I'm the first short guy who didn't hump yer' leg...

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-29-2004, 05:42 PM
You as well. I thought you'd be taller.

I thought you'd be less of a smart ass.

:p

Wait a sec..............no I didn't...

Rausch
11-29-2004, 05:48 PM
I thought you'd be less of a smart ass.

:p

Wait a sec..............no I didn't...

WHen I called you "that cross dressing radio guy" I though your Mrs. was going to $#it. She gave me the "WTF" look... ROFL

Phobia
11-29-2004, 06:02 PM
22 responses and not one comment on beer me's obviously blind wife. :shake:

Saggysack
11-29-2004, 06:04 PM
22 responses and not one comment on beer me's obviously blind wife. :shake:

How dare you make fun of the disabled like that.

Shame on you.

Phobia
11-29-2004, 06:06 PM
How dare you make fun of the disabled like that.

Shame on you.

It's what I do. In fact, if it were a paying position, I'd probably be world class.

Saggysack
11-29-2004, 06:10 PM
It's what I do. In fact, if it were a paying position, I'd probably be world class.

:hmmm:

No doubt...