PDA

View Full Version : Why is Priest up in the press box?!?

InChiefsHell
11-29-2004, 08:25 AM
This is really pissing me off. Watching him eating freakin' nachos when his team maybe could use his support on the sideline...it just seems like he doesn't care!! :mad:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I don't live in KC so I don't know if the media down there has given a reason as to why he seems to be MIA...

...if he has a good reason, fine. Otherwise, he looks like a rich spoiled punk ass...I love Priest, but his mysteriousness is annoying. Just curious if anyone had an explanation.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 08:32 AM
I really think he's more injured than the Chiefs want to let on. They don't want us to see him hobbling on crutches on the sideline...

InChiefsHell
11-29-2004, 08:34 AM
That's the only thing I can think of, but it seems amazing that they could keep that quiet. They are better at keeping secrets than the freaking CIA...

...I was just curious if the question had been asked by the media down there. It is glaringly obvious, and they show it every freakin' game...

Cochise
11-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Who gives a Raiders?

KCTitus
11-29-2004, 08:35 AM
3 years ago it was outrage over Trent smiling after an INT, now it's Priest eating Nachos...the Horror!

Cochise
11-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Dear GOD! I bet those nachos were free. Carl is spending our season ticket money on FREE NACHOS FOR PRIEST! Oh the horror.

InChiefsHell
11-29-2004, 08:39 AM
3 years ago it was outrage over Trent smiling after an INT, now it's Priest eating Nachos...the Horror!

*sigh* I guess I want him to give a shit as much as we do. Sorry 'bout that.

...plus, I'm just genuinely curious about what if anything the media is saying about him not at least making an appearence on the sidelines...

Flame on if you must, but he does kinda look like an ass. Without an explanation of course...

KCTitus
11-29-2004, 08:42 AM

...plus, I'm just genuinely curious about what if anything the media is saying about him not at least making an appearence on the sidelines...

Flame on if you must, but he does kinda look like an ass. Without an explanation of course...

I dont know what is funnier...this post or the actual delusion that he doesnt 'care' as much as you do.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 08:42 AM
I don't really care if he eats nachos or not, but he could at least bring them to the sidelines and share them with the contributing players, for christsake.

He <em>should</em> be a leader on this team. A leader would be on the sidelines, helping motivate his team in any way that he can ("I'll give you two nachos if you get a sack already"). Being up in the box <em>does</em> make him look selfish and not a team player. If there's a good reason for him being up there, they ought to come out and say it.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-29-2004, 08:44 AM
he was supposed to tackle Saunders if he got away from running the ball...damn those crutches to hell :cuss:

Cochise
11-29-2004, 08:44 AM
ROFL Now it's 'damnit, he's not sharing the nachos with the rest of the team!' ROFL

RedNeckRaider
11-29-2004, 08:45 AM
It would be my guess that he is under doctors orders to stay off the leg. After everything this guy has done for your team, I am shocked you would call him out. I would think he has earned the benifit of the dout.

MichaelH
11-29-2004, 08:46 AM
The press box is probably a better place to play chess while watching the team squander another lead.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 08:46 AM
It would be my guess that he is under doctors orders to stay off the leg. After everything this guy has done for your team, I am shocked you would call him out. I would think he has earned the benifit of the dout.

If he's under doctors orders to stay off the leg (and I agree, he probably is), then why can't the Chiefs simply tell us that so it doesn't look so bad?

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. I certainly wouldn't. What we have a problem with is hearing that he's going to be fine and everything is a-okay, but him not being on the sideline, acting as the team leader he's supposed to be.

ChiTown
11-29-2004, 08:47 AM
The press box is probably a better place to play chess while watching the team squander another lead.

ROFL ROFL

I think I saw a Monopoly Game being played in the 4th qtr as well.......

jspchief
11-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Yea, that Holmes guy. He obviously has done nothing for our team. Everyone else on this team makes an effort day in and day out, and he just half-asses it. if that selfish bastard would just make an effort, we might actually win a game or two. I know we were one "rah-rah" away from winning on Sunday.

Holmes can sit in a suite and eat pussy for all I care. He can't play. He's done more for this team in three years than most players do in a career.

RedNeckRaider
11-29-2004, 08:50 AM
If he's under doctors orders to stay off the leg (and I agree, he probably is), then why can't the Chiefs simply tell us that so it doesn't look so bad? That I would not know, maybe it is a not wanting to give out any more info than they have to thing. I was just saying I think the guy has earned the benifit of the dout IMO

jcroft
11-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Yea, that Holmes guy. He obviously has done nothing for our team. Everyone else on this team makes an effort day in and day out, and he just half-asses it. if that selfish bastard would just make an effort, we might actually win a game or two. I know we were one "rah-rah" away from winning on Sunday.

Holmes can sit in a suite and eat pussy for all I care. He can't play. He's done more for this team in three years than most players do in a career.

No one is suggesting he's selfish or is "half-assing" it. We simply would like to know why he can't be on the field supporting the team. What's so wrong with that?

jcroft
That I would not know, maybe it is a not wanting to give out any more info than they have to thing. I was just saying I think the guy has earned the benifit of the dout IMO

He has, and I'm giving it to him. I'm sure there's a good explanation for thim being up there -- I'd just like to hear it.

ROYC75
IMHO, probally to stay off the leg as much as possible, plus it was warmer .

BTA, that's just my opinion, please confirm with others on this BB for confirmation.

ChiTown
11-29-2004, 08:52 AM
No one is suggesting he's selfish or is "half-assing" it. We simply would like to know why he can't be on the field supporting the team. What's so wrong with that?

It's cold down there. Fug, I'd be up in the press box eating food, drinking beer and watching my teammates blow another lead at home as well.

Cochise
11-29-2004, 08:55 AM

Yeah, a real leader would have been down on the sidelines handing out nachos, and not up in the press box resting a knee he tore up trying to drag a pitiful football team kicking and screaming into the playoffs again.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 08:56 AM
It's cold down there. Fug, I'd be up in the press box eating food, drinking beer and watching my teammates blow another lead at home as well.

I would be too. But I'm not getting millions of dollars to be a team leader, either.

If Priest is just up there because "it's cold down there," there is definitely a problem. I don't think that's why he'[s up there, though. I suspect he's on doctors orders. I just wish the Chiefs would tell us so.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Yeah, a real leader would have been down on the sidelines handing out nachos, and not up in the press box resting a knee he tore up trying to drag a pitiful football team kicking and screaming into the playoffs again.

Dude, the nachos thing was a joke. Get over it. Damn.

How do you know he's up there trying to resotre his knee? Who told you that?

jynni
11-29-2004, 08:58 AM
If he's under doctors orders to stay off the leg (and I agree, he probably is), then why can't the Chiefs simply tell us that so it doesn't look so bad?

Because it's Priest and that's how he does things. I TTA with those who think the injury is worse than they are letting on.

We went through the same thing with the hip injury. Started out minor and then he was gone for the season. Then came all the speculation and rumors and such.

ChiTown
11-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Dude, the nachos thing was a joke. Get over it. Damn.

How do you know he's up there trying to resotre his knee? Who told you that?

Thing is, why assume anything? He's in the Box, so who cares. If it was a problem, I'd presume that DV would have told him to get his ass down on the sideline.

KCTitus
At 3-8 there's no reason to play Holmes healthy or not...

jspchief
resting a knee he tore up trying to drag a pitiful football team kicking and screaming into the playoffs again.

That's rep.

jcroft
I bet with the #5 or #6 pick in the draft, we could get a great halfback!

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:01 AM
At 3-8 there's no reason to play Holmes healthy or not...

I <em>completly</em> agree with this. I don't want him playing. I want to find out what we have in LJ and Blaylock.

But, I'd still like to know what's up with Priest. I just don't understand all the secrecy. Are they just <em>trying</em> to **** over fantasy players everywhere? :)

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Thing is, why assume anything? He's in the Box, so who cares. If it was a problem, I'd presume that DV would have told him to get his ass down on the sideline.

Probably so, and that's why I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. As I've said about five times now, I don't really think it's an issue. I'm sure he has a very good reason to be up there. I'd just like the CHiefs to tell us what is is...that's all.

Do I sound like a broken record yet? You guys are going on an on about how I'm calling him selfish and everything else -- that's now what I'm saying at all. I just want to know what's up with him -- that's all.

Logical
11-29-2004, 09:08 AM

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. I certainly wouldn't. What we have a problem with is hearing that he's going to be fine and everything is a-okay, but him not being on the sideline, acting as the team leader he's supposed to be.

Considering the fact has played on a bad ankle and through multiple other injuries during the last three seasons, one might assume that the fans would have the common sense to give him the benefit of the doubt.:harumph:

beer bacon
11-29-2004, 09:10 AM

He went out there and and got killed game after game while the rest of our team gave away game after game. To think that he doesn't care as much about the game as you is laughable.

jcroft
Considering the fact has played on a bad ankle and through multiple other injuries during the last three seasons, one might assume that the fans would have the common sense to give him the benefit of the doubt.:harumph:

SWEET JESUS MAN.

Read my damn posts. How many times have I said the EXACT WORDS "I am giving him the benefit of the doubt?"

Good god.

RedNeckRaider
Considering the fact has played on a bad ankle and through multiple other injuries during the last three seasons, one might assume that the fans would have the common sense to give him the benefit of the doubt.:harumph: See post #12 I said as much, btw how you been?

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 09:11 AM
I've got no real problem with an injured player not standing on the sidelines. Besides, Priest isn't a rah-rah guy anyway. It'd be silly for him to try to change his personality in this situation. Let's leave the guy alone and let him heal.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:13 AM
I've got no real problem with an injured player not standing on the sidelines. Besides, Priest isn't a rah-rah guy anyway. It'd be silly for him to try to change his personality in this situation. Let's leave the guy alone and let him heal.

I suspect that Priest could help out without being "rah-rah". He could be giving pointers and tips to LJ abd Blaylock, for example.

But, I also have no problem with "leaving him alone to heal" -- I'd just like the Chiefs to come out and say, "Yeah, Priest is pretty banged up. Let's just leave him alone and let him heal."

Not sure why that is so hard for them.

Logical
11-29-2004, 09:13 AM
I don't really care if he eats nachos or not, but he could at least bring them to the sidelines and share them with the contributing players, for christsake.

He should be a leader on this team. A leader would be on the sidelines, helping motivate his team in any way that he can ("I'll give you two nachos if you get a sack already"). Being up in the box does make him look selfish and not a team player. If there's a good reason for him being up there, they ought to come out and say it.ROFLROFL I would say it would take a hell of lot more than some nachos to make our defenders perform.

jspchief
11-29-2004, 09:14 AM
SWEET JESUS MAN.

Read my damn posts. How many times have I said the EXACT WORDS "I am giving him the benefit of the doubt?"

Good god.

It doesn't really sound like you're giving him the benefit of the doubt.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:14 AM
ROFLROFL I would say it would take a hell of lot more than some nachos to make our defenders perform.

At least you got that it was a joke. :D

Logical
11-29-2004, 09:15 AM
See post #12 I said as much, btw how you been?

Doing fine, props to an opposing fan for seeing the obvious and pointing it out.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:15 AM
It doesn't really sound like you're giving him the benefit of the doubt.

How does it not sound like I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt? In the post you quote, I say, "I agree, he's probably on doctors orders..."

Isn't that giving him the benefit of the doubt?

Logical
11-29-2004, 09:18 AM
I suspect that Priest could help out without being "rah-rah". He could be giving pointers and tips to LJ abd Blaylock, for example.

But, I also have no problem with "leaving him alone to heal" -- I'd just like the Chiefs to come out and say, "Yeah, Priest is pretty banged up. Let's just leave him alone and let him heal."

Not sure why that is so hard for them.
And I am not sure why they need to do so?

jspchief
11-29-2004, 09:21 AM
How does it not sound like I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt? In the post you quote, I say, "I agree, he's probably on doctors orders..."

You're saying you want "proof" via the Chiefs releasing a statement. Asking for proof is not "giving him the benefit of the doubt". It's the exact opposite.

Cochise
11-29-2004, 09:22 AM

Ok... so the problem isn't that he is not playing, or being in the press box, or eating nachos, or that the team isn't being forthcoming about his injury, the problem is that they didn't announce all the specific details of the the doctor's orders so that you feel better about him being in the press box and not on the sideline. Talk about splitting hairs...

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:23 AM
And I am not sure why they need to do so?

I'd sya the reason they need to is that some peopel (such as the originator of this thread) take his presense in the press box to mean that he is selfish and lazy and not a "team-player." If he is all of those things, then the Chiefs hsould simply say, "Priest is a team player and wants to be on the sidelines. However, the doctors have ordered him to stay off his knee, so we are keeping him in the press box for now."

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:25 AM
You're saying you want "proof" via the Chiefs releasing a statement. Asking for proof is not "giving him the benefit of the doubt". It's the exact opposite.

Well, I see your point.

I really beleive Priest is in the press box because he has been told to stay off his knee. All I'm saying is that it would be in the Chiefs best interest to come out and say so, so that some people don't assume the worst (which, in this case, is that Priest is simply lazy and not interested in participating).

Logical
11-29-2004, 09:25 AM
You're saying you want "proof" via the Chiefs releasing a statement. Asking for proof is not "giving him the benefit of the doubt". It's the exact opposite.:clap:

Phobia
11-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Has anybody considered the possibility that it's not actually Priest in the box, but a lookalike standin? Maybe Priest is in outerspace getting martian surgery on that knee and they don't want anybody to know.... the standin is actually kinda fat, he doesn't take care of himself so he'd never pass for Priest on the sideline. So they put him upstairs and give him all the nachos he can eat - that's his payment as well.

jspchief
11-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Well, I see your point.

I really beleive Priest is in the press box because he has been told to stay off his knee. All I'm saying is that it would be in the Chiefs best interest to come out and say so, so that some people don't assume the worst (which, in this case, is that Priest is simply lazy and not interested in participating).

My guess is the team said "take a break". He's done all he can.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Ok... so the problem isn't that he is not playing, or being in the press box, or eating nachos, or that the team isn't being forthcoming about his injury, the problem is that they didn't announce all the specific details of the the doctor's orders so that you feel better about him being in the press box and not on the sideline. Talk about splitting hairs...

It's not about me feeling better -- it's simple PR. Those of us in the marketing business do this sort of thing all the time. It's called damage control. It would seem that in this case, the truth is better than that the fiction that gets assumed by some (see the thread originator for an example). If so, the right path is to state the truth so that the assumptions go away. It's really that simple.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Has anybody considered the possibility that it's not actually Priest in the box, but a lookalike standin? Maybe Priest is in outerspace getting martian surgery on that knee and they don't want anybody to know.... the standin is actually kinda fat, he doesn't take care of himself so he'd never pass for Priest on the sideline. So they put him upstairs and give him all the nachos he can eat - that's his payment as well.

As I said -- when the truth is not stated officialy, people assume some really ****ed up shit. :D

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:29 AM
My guess is the team said "take a break". He's done all he can.

At this point, the Chiefs could even come out and say that.

"We are out of the playoff hunt. Priest is banged up, and there's no reason to let him get even moreso. We need to find out what we have in Blaylock and Johnson, as Derrick's contract is up at the end of the year. We've told Priest to take a break and let his knee heal completly."

Cochise

Hmmm, and where, I ask you, was Priest Holmes on the afternoon of November 22, 1963? Resting his knee and enjoying some nachos perhaps? :hmmm:

grandllama
No one is suggesting he's selfish or is "half-assing" it...

I am. I'm not going any farther than that as I posted it many times on two threads yesterday, and it still pisses me off.

"While I'm in the warm luxury box stuffing my face with nachos and your on the sidelines struggling to win a game or in the stands freezing your ass off looking for one little thing to cheer about, just remember, Keep the Faith..."

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 09:30 AM

Your theory falls apart when one notes the simple fact that Martians don't have knees and therefore are well behind earthlings in knee surgery techniques.

InChiefsHell
11-29-2004, 09:30 AM
Geez, I give up. All I really wanted to know is weather or not it had been talked about in the KC Media.

I give him the benefit of the doubt that he is injured. All I'm saying is, they guy is a huge team leader, or is supposed to be, so it seems that it would be natural to see him on the sidelines. The fact that he is not begs the question...why? That's all I was really getting at. Yes, it pisses me off to see him there, without an explanation. That is all...

...geez, are you guys all related to him or something?!?

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Hmmm, and where, I ask you, was Priest Holmes on the afternoon of November 22, 1963? Resting his knee and enjoying some nachos perhaps? :hmmm:

Haha. :D

jcroft
Your theory falls apart when one notes the simple fact that Martians don't have knees and therefore are well behind earthlings in knee surgery techniques.

Nice one. :D

ChiTown
At this point, the Chiefs could even come out and say that.

"We are out of the playoff hunt. Priest is banged up, and there's no reason to let him get even moreso. We need to find out what we have in Blaylock and Johnson, as Derrick's contract is up at the end of the year. We've told Priest to take a break and let his knee heal completly."

Let it go man........

There are bigger problems at 1 Arrowhead Drive.............

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Let it go man........

There are bigger problems at 1 Arrowhead Drive.............

True, but this minor problem takes about 10 second in a press conference to solve. The bigger problems may never get solved...

Phobia
11-29-2004, 09:33 AM

Bullshit. My cousin, Billy-Bob Thibadeaux had his knee operated on during an abduction 3 years ago. They did great work and didn't even leave a scar.

grandllama
11-29-2004, 09:33 AM
...All I'm saying is, they guy is a huge team leader, or is supposed to be, so it seems that it would be natural to see him on the sidelines. The fact that he is not begs the question...why? That's all I was really getting at. Yes, it pisses me off to see him there, without an explanation. That is all...

...geez, are you guys all related to him or something?!?

eh, I got crucified for daring to mention the same thing yesterday... much the way I get crucified everytime I mention that Montana WAS NOT a God when he was in KC either (oh shit, I mentioned it again)

Scaga
11-29-2004, 09:34 AM
It's my guess he doesn't want to get any of the STANK on him that our time is putting off right now. :banghead:

grandllama
11-29-2004, 09:34 AM
Bullshit. My cousin, Billy-Bob Thibadeaux had his knee operated on during an abduction 3 years ago. They did great work and didn't even leave a scar.

Did he get a card from that Martian Dr.? I got a knee I need looked at too... hopefully they'll take my HMO card...

jspchief
11-29-2004, 09:35 AM
I am. I'm not going any farther than that as I posted it many times on two threads yesterday, and it still pisses me off.

"While I'm in the warm luxury box stuffing my face with nachos and your on the sidelines struggling to win a game or in the stands freezing your ass off looking for one little thing to cheer about, just remember, Keep the Faith..."

Are you for real?

Where are you going to be when he's busting his ass in the off-season rehabbing that knee? Where are you when he's in the gym working his ass off to be in prime physical condition? That guy makes more sacrifices for the Chiefs in one play than you'll make your entire life. He doesn't owe you sh*t. He gives everything he has everytime he steps on the field. I'm sorry he's not down on the sideline giving you a warm fuzzy feeling, but I'm pretty sure he's earned the right to take it easy in a situation that he has no control over.

Phobia
11-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Did he get a card from that Martian Dr.? I got a knee I need looked at too... hopefully they'll take my HMO card...

You have to either know Carl Peterson or try your luck with an antenna hat out in the cornfield. Good luck.

RedNeckRaider
11-29-2004, 09:38 AM
You have to either know Carl Peterson or try your luck with an antenna hat out in the cornfield. Good luck.Get ahold of Carl, the line is real long in the cornfield.

Tuckdaddy
11-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Because it's warm in there.

grandllama
11-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Are you for real?

Where are you going to be when he's busting his ass in the off-season rehabbing that knee? Where are you when he's in the gym working his ass off to be in prime physical condition? That guy makes more sacrifices for the Chiefs in one play than you'll make your entire life. He doesn't owe you sh*t. He gives everything he has everytime he steps on the field. I'm sorry he's not down on the sideline giving you a warm fuzzy feeling, but I'm pretty sure he's earned the right to take it easy in a situation that he has no control over.

I never said he owes me shit. Nobody on that team or front office owes you, me, or any other fan anything. He's a professional athlete. Nothing more, nothing less. He is not God. He is not a Chief's fan personal savior. Sacrifices for the Chiefs? Good god man, he'd make those same sacrifices anywhere else in the league that would pay him. He makes those sacrifices for a paycheck (not that there is anything inherently wrong with doing that... we all do that for our employer). When he retires, he'll head back to San Antonio and lead his life. He's not going to sit around and contemplate which fans thought he was God and which fans thought he was a prima donna putz.

jspchief
11-29-2004, 09:51 AM
I never said he owes me shit. Nobody on that team or front office owes you, me, or any other fan anything. He's a professional athlete. Nothing more, nothing less. He is not God. He is not a Chief's fan personal savior. Sacrifices for the Chiefs? Good god man, he'd make those same sacrifices anywhere else in the league that would pay him. He makes those sacrifices for a paycheck (not that there is anything inherently wrong with doing that... we all do that for our employer). When he retires, he'll head back to San Antonio and lead his life. He's not going to sit around and contemplate which fans thought he was God and which fans thought he was a prima donna putz.

So what's your point? He's like every other professional athlete on the planet. What's the noble cause that you "sit in the stands and freeze your ass off" for?

svuba
11-29-2004, 09:53 AM
grandllama, Jcroft, InChiefsHell; STFD & STFU

Priest doesn't Owe you or any Chiefs fan or Player One F***ing thing. Priest is the F***ing Godfather of this team. If he wants to sit in the press box & analyze the Game from the top down then so be it.

If it was Peyton Manning injured in the press box you would say he was studying the game because he is a genius.

grandllama
11-29-2004, 09:56 AM
So what's your point? He's like every other professional athlete on the planet. What's the noble cause that you "sit in the stands and freeze your ass off" for?

My point is that is pretty ****ing hard to be a team leader or 'Keep the Faith' from a damn luxury box snarfing nachos.

He's a damned fine athlete. He's a piss poor team leader on a team that desperately needs one.

If he wants to be an enigma fine, just don't tell the fans and your team to 'Keep the Faith' when it's obvious by your actions that the only faith you have is that the suite attendants will get you another plate of nachos when your cheese gets cold.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:57 AM

Priest doesn't Owe you or any Chiefs fan or Player One F***ing thing. Priest is the F***ing Godfather of this team. If he wants to sit in the press box & analyze the Game from the top down then so be it.

If it was Peyton Manning injured in the press box you would say he was studying the game because he is a genius.

Perhaps you could tell me why I'm included in your list. I didn't ask for one ****ing thing from Priest. All I want is the Chiefs to tell us why he's not on the sidelines. That's all. I didn't say, nor do I believe, that Priest owes me anything. I didn't ask for a damn thing from him. Only the Chiefs PR machine.

And yeah -- I'm SURE he's up there "to analyze the game from the top down."

InChiefsHell
11-29-2004, 10:00 AM
GEEEZ!!

All I'm saying is that whenever you see some other athlete who is injured, that person will be down on the sidelines...usually. MAz did it last season.

It doesn't matter. This was not intended to be a "I hate Priest" thread, quite the opposite, it seemed out of character to me to see him sitting in the press box, it pissed me off, and I wanted to know if it had ever been brought up before.

...KMA for being curious. Geeeez....

grandllama
11-29-2004, 10:01 AM

No, I think Peyton is an overrated egomaniacal putz too, and if the search function worked, you would see I have stated that in print many times.

The only thing Priest was analyzing in that luxury suite was the cheese coverage content of a tortilla chip.

If you would actually read my post I said he doesn't owe me a ****ing thing. And WTF are you to be telling me to STFD & STFU?

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 10:01 AM

Well, yeah, but that's because they go in via the rectum.

jspchief
11-29-2004, 10:03 AM
My point is that is pretty ****ing hard to be a team leader or 'Keep the Faith' from a damn luxury box snarfing nachos.

He's a damned fine athlete. He's a piss poor team leader on a team that desperately needs one.

If he wants to be an enigma fine, just don't tell the fans and your team to 'Keep the Faith' when it's obvious by your actions that the only faith you have is that the suite attendants will get you another plate of nachos when your cheese gets cold.

Here's a newsflash. He's not a team leader simply because you want him to be one. Or simply because he's a good player. Why is he required to be the leader? He shows up and does his job everyday, and he does it better than anyone else on the team. That's not enough? If everyone on this team followed his example, we be printing play-off tickets.

RedNeckRaider
Well, yeah, but that's because they go in via the rectum.Man that is wrong! a visual I could live without :shake:

Cochise
This stink pickle of a thread has definite hall of classics potential. Keep it up fellas ROFL

the Talking Can
11-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Well, yeah, but that's because they go in via the rectum.

quality work

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 10:06 AM
If any of you were really passionate fans you wouldn't have been watching the game to notice he wasn't on the sidelines to begin with.

Posers.

InChiefsHell
11-29-2004, 10:06 AM
This stink pickle of a thread has definite hall of classics potential. Keep it up fellas ROFL

Wow. I'm honored. I had no idea what I was starting... :)

RedNeckRaider
11-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Well, yeah, but that's because they go in via the rectum.It could be worse, it is a long way to go if you have turf toe

grandllama
11-29-2004, 10:09 AM
GEEEZ!!

All I'm saying is that whenever you see some other athlete who is injured, that person will be down on the sidelines...usually. MAz did it last season.

It doesn't matter. This was not intended to be a "I hate Priest" thread, quite the opposite, it seemed out of character to me to see him sitting in the press box, it pissed me off, and I wanted to know if it had ever been brought up before.

...KMA for being curious. Geeeez....

ICH, I knew when I got started yesterday it would be an unpopular opinion, but it is my opinion.

I don't hate Priest, he's an excellent professional athlete. I'm happy that he has done well as a Chief.

As seems to be the case with most pro athletes today, it is all about him, not the team. His preseason goals were about him. He has been sold to the fans as a team leader. His actions that are currently being displayed to the fans are not those of a team leader.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe he is working with DB and LJ during practice. Maybe he is working with Saunders on game planning. Maybe the players didn't give a shit about him being in the luxury suite, then fine let him sit inside... but if one player was upset about it, then that was to many.

grandllama
11-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Here's a newsflash. He's not a team leader simply because you want him to be one. Or simply because he's a good player. Why is he required to be the leader? He shows up and does his job everyday, and he does it better than anyone else on the team. That's not enough? If everyone on this team followed his example, we be printing play-off tickets.

I don't want him to be a team leader. I stated yesterday that I don't care if he ever puts on a Chiefs uniform again. This team has way more pressing issues than RB.

I'm saying that is the way he has been sold to the fans and tried to present himself in the better times. If he didn't want to be thought of as a team leader than what the hell was the Keep the Faith crap about, other than to sell T-shirts.

If you don't want to be considered a team leader, don't present yourself as one.

InChiefsHell
11-29-2004, 10:15 AM
If any of you were really passionate fans you wouldn't have been watching the game to notice he wasn't on the sidelines to begin with.

Posers.

Kinda hard when they show him in the press box...I mean, should I close my eyes when they have him on the screen...?!?

KCTitus
11-29-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm saying that is the way he has been sold to the fans and tried to present himself in the better times....

You mean by leading the league in rushing a couple of years ago and then setting the NFL record for most TD's in a season and most rushing TD's in a season?

Damn him!

Brock
11-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Good grief. This is amazing.

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Kinda hard when they show him in the press box...I mean, should I close my eyes when they have him on the screen...?!?
How the hell are you going to know if they're showing Priest in the press box or not when you're watching golf?

picasso
11-29-2004, 10:31 AM
If it would have been LJ setting up there in the box staying warm, eating nachos you guys would be bitchin' your ass off. Because it's Holmes y'all can just let it slide. I just hope he enjoyed the game. Couldn't ya just see him giving a locker room boosting speech later with nacho cheese all over his face, smelling like a hotdog "Guys I know it's tough out there, hell I felt for ya and wish I could play but I haven't tried one of those big pretzels with mustard yet so, keep up the good work."

KCTitus
11-29-2004, 10:34 AM
If it would have been LJ setting up there in the box staying warm, eating nachos you guys would be bitchin' your ass off. Because it's Holmes y'all can just let it slide.

And why, pray tell, do you think there's a difference?

jspchief
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Holmes > LJ

Brock
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
If it would have been LJ setting up there in the box staying warm, eating nachos you guys would be bitchin' your ass off. Because it's Holmes y'all can just let it slide.

Yeah, maybe being the best Chiefs player in decades, maybe ever, has something to do with that.

KCTitus
11-29-2004, 10:37 AM
I really do think it was the 'nachos' that has fueled this.

Priest was shown in the box during the MNF game as well, but wasnt shown having nachos and there was no "Priest is destorying the team" threads last week.

ChiTown
11-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Good grief. This is amazing.

Not really, especially considering the type of year that we've had. I'd expect nothing less.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 10:40 AM

Priest was shown in the box during the MNF game as well, but wasnt shown having nachos and there was no "Priest is destorying the team" threads last week.

There aren't any "Priest is destroying the team" threads this week either -- at least that I've seen.

And, I said it last week, too -- I think that Priest being up in the press box indicates that he's more injured that the Chiefs are letting on. That's the only assumption I've made. I'm not assuming he's lazy, selfish, or that he's too pussy to sit in the cold. I'm only assuming he's worse off than we all thought. And, I said the same thing last week.

The Chiefs could easily make ALL assuming go away by issuing a statement...seems simple to me.

Cochise
11-29-2004, 10:41 AM
People just love to find something to bitch about, that is the bottom line here.

ChiTown
11-29-2004, 10:42 AM
There aren't any "Priest is destroying the team" threads this week either -- at least that I've seen.

And, I said it last week, too -- I think that Priest being up in the press box indicates that he's more injured that the Chiefs are letting on. That's the only assumption I've made. I'm not assuming he's lazy, selfish, or that he's too pussy to sit in the cold. I'm only assuming he's worse off than we all thought. And, I said the same thing last week.

The Chiefs could easily make ALL assuming go away by issuing a statement...seems simple to me.

Seems simpler to me to just not worry about it. It had no effect on the outcome of the game, and that's all I give a rip about.

KCTitus
11-29-2004, 10:43 AM

LOL...no, they couldnt because we have some really good conspiracy theorists here and no matter what the team does, it will be the wrong thing.

jspchief
I stated yesterday that I don't care if he ever puts on a Chiefs uniform again.

That statement pretty much tells me all I need to know about you. I didn't know "special" schools let their students surf the web.

HC_Chief
Hmmm, knee injury.... perhaps it's better that he SIT DOWN and REST his injured leg?

:hmmm:

jcroft
Seems simpler to me to just not worry about it. It had no effect on the outcome of the game, and that's all I give a rip about.

Alright, you've convinced me. I'm done with this thread. :D

nmt1

Vermiel said last week that Priest has a shot to play next week against the Raiders. What more do you want?

Cochise
LOL...no, they couldnt because we have some really good conspiracy theorists here and no matter what the team does, it will be the wrong thing.

I hear he actually had his leg amputated and he's in the press box so no one knows.

He's being coddled with nachos and his silence bought with hot delicious cheese.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Vermiel said last week that Priest has a shot to play next week against the Raiders. What more do you want?

If he said that, I missed it. My bad.

Thanks for pointing it out. Not sure why it took until post #104 for someone to bring it up...

nmt1
11-29-2004, 10:45 AM
He's being coddled with nachos and his silence bought with hot delicious cheese.

Some guys have all the luck.

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 10:47 AM

Priest was shown in the box during the MNF game as well, but wasnt shown having nachos and there was no "Priest is destroying the team" threads last week.

I think the key to deciphering the power is the order in which Priest, Carl, Al, Lamar, and Gunther were standing. During the May Day Parade, it was Lamar, Carl, Al, Gunther, and Priest. Last Sunday, it appeared to be Lamar, Priest, Al, Gunther, and Carl. I think this means that Carl is about to be ousted.

(If you're not over 35, you may not get this joke. If not, please go to your local library to learn more about kremlinology.)

nmt1
11-29-2004, 10:47 AM
If he said that, I missed it. My bad.

Not sure why it took until post #104 for someone to bring it up...

Said it at the beginning of his weekly press conference. Not sure why no one brought it up. Of course, most everyone around here thinks Vermiel is dishonest about everything so it's useless to bring it up.

KCTitus
11-29-2004, 10:48 AM

Never underestimate the power of nacho cheese...

Cochise
11-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Said it at the beginning of his weekly press conference. Not sure why no one brought it up. Of course, most everyone around here thinks Vermiel is dishonest about everything so it's useless to bring it up.

Yeah, I mean, according to the planet everything the organization tells the fans or the press is a lie, so basically the complaint here is that they are being silent and we would prefer they were lying to us.

Raiderhader
11-29-2004, 10:50 AM
One of the guys at the bar yesterday was bitching about Priest being in the press box instead of on the side line. Frankly, I do not see what the big deal is. Much ado about nothing.

This thread though is hilarious. "Why isn't he being the team leader he has been billed as?", "He should be rallying the troops and giving pointers to the other RBs." You doubt Priest's leadership role? Go back and watch last year's Viqueens game.

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Hmmm, knee injury.... perhaps it's better that he SIT DOWN and REST his injured leg?

:hmmm:

That's what I was thinking too.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-29-2004, 10:51 AM
the ring of fame didn't come down to bench level...but I bet they got some cheese sauce

nmt1
11-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I mean, according to the planet everything the organization tells the fans or the press is a lie, so basically the complaint here is that they are being silent and we would prefer they were lying to us.

Well technically he lied about it last week and hasn't had his press conference yet this week. I expect he'll have ample opportunity to continue the sham in the next day or so.

jspchief
11-29-2004, 11:03 AM
You doubt Priest's leadership role? Go back and watch last year's Viqueens game.

F*ckin A

Logical
11-29-2004, 12:00 PM
I hear he actually had his leg amputated and he's in the press box so no one knows.

:hmmm:Obviously you get a better quality when you sit in the boxes.

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Mmmmmmm....nachos.

memyselfI
11-29-2004, 01:21 PM
maybe because it wasn't snowing with a zero windchill...

:rolleyes:

Bwana
11-29-2004, 01:23 PM
I don't know what he was doing up there and really don't give a rats ass to be honest. This team has much more important things to worry about than if priest is drinking beer, or water and what he may, or may not be eating up there.

memyselfI
11-29-2004, 01:24 PM
I don't know what he was doing up there and really don't give a rats ass to be honest. This team has much more important things to worry about than if priest is drinking beer, or water and what he may, or may not be eating up there.

ROFL

Not yo Chiefs nacho cheese...

I can see a new marketing campaign.
:thumb:

Wile_E_Coyote
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=34534&stc=1

press box & hot nacho cheese or sideline and cold swiss chiefs...duh

memyselfI
11-30-2004, 08:02 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=34534&stc=1

press box & hot nacho cheese or sideline and cold swiss chiefs...duh

InChiefsHell
11-30-2004, 08:38 AM
One of the guys at the bar yesterday was bitching about Priest being in the press box instead of on the side line. Frankly, I do not see what the big deal is. Much ado about nothing.

This thread though is hilarious. "Why isn't he being the team leader he has been billed as?", "He should be rallying the troops and giving pointers to the other RBs." You doubt Priest's leadership role? Go back and watch last year's Viqueens game.

I guess so. I'm wrong, what can I say.

BTW, did anyone see Ahman Green on the sidelines during the MNF game last night? I did. He was down there yucking it up with his teamates, in spite of his injury. But, I guess he's not as injured as Priest is...or something... :shrug:

KCTitus
11-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Im guessing Green is a nacho hater as well...

jcroft
11-30-2004, 08:40 AM
I'd just like to drop in to say "I told ya so."

From the first time I saw Priest inthe press box (the Monday night game aganist NE), I noted that this seemed to indicate he was more injured than previously thought. Now, we find out he's out few a couple more weeks.

I got my explanation. I'm satisified.

KCTitus
11-30-2004, 08:43 AM

What was it again you were telling us?

jcroft
11-30-2004, 08:46 AM
What was it again you were telling us?

That Priest being in the press box meant he was more injured than they were letting on. While everyone else suggested he was just fine, it was too cold down there, or that he was a lazy, selfish putz, I was suggesting that maybe he was more injured that the Chiefs were telling us.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-30-2004, 08:47 AM
screw the nachos shot...there are other shots to remember, like the one of him landing on his head(that was scary) or leaping into the endzone. How soon we forget :shake:

InChiefsHell
11-30-2004, 08:51 AM

From the first time I saw Priest inthe press box (the Monday night game aganist NE), I noted that this seemed to indicate he was more injured than previously thought. Now, we find out he's out few a couple more weeks.

I got my explanation. I'm satisified.

That's all I was after as well. Interesting that the other thread started by Duh-nise said that the NFL requested that injured players not be there. That's all I was after.

jcroft
11-30-2004, 08:52 AM
screw the nachos shot...there are other shots to remember, like the one of him landing on his head(that was scary) or leaping into the endzone. How soon we forget :shake:

That was scary, for sure. Who forgot about it?

jspchief
11-30-2004, 08:54 AM
I guess so. I'm wrong, what can I say.

BTW, did anyone see Ahman Green on the sidelines during the MNF game last night? I did. He was down there yucking it up with his teamates, in spite of his injury. But, I guess he's not as injured as Priest is...or something... :shrug:

Ahman Green was down there? No wonder GB won.:rolleyes:

Wile_E_Coyote
11-30-2004, 08:57 AM
That was scary, for sure. Who forgot about it?

those that are jumping Priest's butt. Him in the press box is more than likely a coach's call

jcroft
11-30-2004, 09:00 AM
those that are jumping Priest's butt. Him in the press box is more than likely a coach's call

Anyone that is still jumping on Priest's butt today is being silly. Vermeil flat out told us yesterday that Priest is out for another two weeks or more. If that's the case, he should be resting the knee until he's healthy.

Before Vermeil said that, it made a bit of sense to question why Priest was in the box. Vermeil had told us he would play vs. Oakland this week. If he was that close, then there was no reason he couldn't be on the sidelines on Sunday. But, we now know he wasn't really that close.

Case closed.

InChiefsHell
11-30-2004, 09:02 AM

Dude, all I wanted was an explanation. Was he too injured to be down on the field, was it his idea, was it the coach's call, etc. Now that we have the clubs answer that it was requested by the NFL, I don't have anything else to say about it.

I haven't forgotten one thing that Priest has done. I guess you just get shot at for asking the question...

Wile_E_Coyote
11-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Anyone that is still jumping on Priest's butt today is being silly. Vermeil flat out told us yesterday that Priest is out for another two weeks or more. If that's the case, he should be resting the knee until he's healthy.

Before Vermeil said that, it made a bit of sense to question why Priest was in the box. Vermeil had told us he would play vs. Oakland this week. If he was that close, then there was no reason he couldn't be on the sidelines on Sunday. But, we now know he wasn't really that close.

Case closed.

dude you had me until the Case closed

Wile_E_Coyote
11-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Dude, all I wanted was an explanation. Was he too injured to be down on the field, was it his idea, was it the coach's call, etc. Now that we have the clubs answer that it was requested by the NFL, I don't have anything else to say about it.

I haven't forgotten one thing that Priest has done. I guess you just get shot at for asking the question...

Without the public outcry(?) we may not have got it answered :shrug:

jcroft
11-30-2004, 09:25 AM
dude you had me until the Case closed

What was wrong with the "case closed?"

I was just saying that I don't think there's much more to discuss, here. We now know why Priest is in the box -- he's injured worse than we all were told. He's there for rest and because the NFL would prefer him to be.

End of story (is that better?).

Raiderhader
11-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Without the public outcry(?) we may not have got it answered :shrug:

Wouldn't that have just been awful.