PDA

View Full Version : Jagerdrinker has moved to Springfield from the frozen North.

jagerdrinker
11-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Can anyone tell me a good place to watch the game here in town?

|Zach|
11-29-2004, 03:01 PM
There is a place called Ebbet's Field on Walnut St that is a great palce to see a game. There is also Springfield Brew Co. Some folks like Classic Sports but I have not made it out there.

There is always BWW as a stand by.

Welcome to Springtown.

Phobia
11-29-2004, 03:01 PM
You should head over to tommykat's place, IMO.

Bring your cell phone in case you need to call 911.

KCWolfman
11-29-2004, 03:06 PM
You should head over to tommykat's place, IMO.

Bring your cell phone in case you need to call 911.
Stay away from the washing machine

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Do they still haze new residents in Springfield?

KCWolfman
11-29-2004, 03:08 PM
You have to register your DNA and show you are a viable candidate for breeding without crossing related strains.

ChiefsOne
11-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Sir Gregory's is great, tons of people and great atmosphere.
Skybox has some nice TV's and more low key.
Classic Sports is good and you can't go wrong with Hooter's!

Hope you are married otherwise this place is pretty boring after a while. Well unless you like church or titty bars!

Bob Dole
11-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Hope you are married otherwise this place is pretty boring after a while. Well unless you like church or titty bars!

...or are of traditional college age.

|Zach|
11-29-2004, 03:44 PM
...or are of traditional college age.
Booyakahsah!

JimNasium
11-29-2004, 04:05 PM
It's not all that bad. Church girls are easy.

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 04:09 PM

"Just repent afterwards and God will be fine with it."

BigRedChief
11-29-2004, 04:13 PM

Don't let them fool ya. Springfield isn't called the belt buckle of the bible belt for no good reason. They just haven't figured out a way to close the titty bars yet but the southern baptists are in meetings as we post here on how to shut them down legally.:p

The best thing Springfield has going for it besides plentiful college babes is Cashew Chicken.

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah. They tell everyone to show up to a location (oftentimes a bar), and then... NO ONE shows up!

It's hilarious! The new guy always looks like a stooge.

JimNasium
11-29-2004, 04:15 PM
The best thing Springfield has going for it besides plentiful college babes is Cashew Chicken.Not to mention the bountiful supply of methamphetamine.

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Shutting down titty bars is downright un-American. If there are no titty bars in town, where will all the misguided girls with Daddy issues go for employment? How on Earth will they buy baby formula? ...and, cocaine?

JimNasium
11-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Don't let them fool ya. Springfield isn't called the belt buckle of the bible belt for no good reason. They just haven't figured out a way to close the titty bars yet but the southern baptists are in meetings as we post here on how to shut them down legally.:p

This is closer to the truth than you may realize. Link (http://springfield.news-leader.com/news/today/1129-Stripclubc-236860.html)

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Another ordinance change would strengthen the 18-inch boundary separating adult entertainers from patrons. Current law requires the 18 inches between the performance stage and the patron viewing area. The proposed change would prohibit entertainers from and patrons from coming within 18 inches of physical contact, and would require the boundary line to be clearly outlined on the floor.

WTF? You mean to tell me you can't get a lap dance in Springfield? OUTRAGEOUS!

Y'know that in Minnesota you can serve booze and have fully nude girls in the same club? There's a place not far from my buddy's used car lot with a great happy hour... something like 25-cent drafts, IIRC.

Imagine that... knock off work early to go stare at buck-nekkid women and drink quarter beers. Boy, if that ain't the American Dream, I don't know what is.

ChiefsOne
11-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Yeah. They tell everyone to show up to a location (oftentimes a bar), and then... NO ONE shows up!

Yeah I fell for that one. Me and MOHillbilly were the only two that showed up.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Springfield is a great city to live in, for a college student it is awesome. If I was married and had kids it would be too.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 04:25 PM
I live in Springfield and only know of one tiddy bar in the whole town.

ChiefsOne
11-29-2004, 04:29 PM
The council will also address proposed changes to laws regarding adult entertainment, one of which would restrict the drinking of alcohol in establishments featuring certain types of adult entertainment. Patrons may now bring their own alcohol to some such establishments.

BS that's already the law. They "strippers" wear bikinis where they serve alcohol and can't drink (juice bars) where they take all their cloths off.

All this while the preacher that lobbied for the law is doinking his piano player and sneaking in the Baptist door at the liquor store.

ChiefsOne
11-29-2004, 04:31 PM
If I was married and had kids it would be too.

I am and do have kids, it is a great place to live now. But, when I was in college it mostly sucked! Nothing like when I moved to KC, now that was some night life.

BigRedChief
11-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Not to mention the bountiful supply of methamphetamine.

You are a wonderfully talented Civic minded individual to find that nugget of city pride.:p

ChiefsOne
11-29-2004, 04:35 PM
ChiefsCountry

You must not leave your neighborhood very much!

BigRedChief
11-29-2004, 04:36 PM

I was down there to visit ma for the holidays and found my regular places of attendence shut down. What happened to Foxy's? The place on Glenstone? Whats my old home town coming to?

JimNasium
11-29-2004, 04:37 PM
You are a wonderfully talented Civic minded individual to find that nugget of city pride.:p
Did I mention our 36 shiny Kum and Go stations?

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 04:37 PM
ChiefsCountry
You must not leave your neighborhood very much!

Don't have too much, I live on South Ave and downtown and campus are close.

BigRedChief
11-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Did I mention our 36 shiny Kum and Go stations?

I saw that all the Git-N-Go's had become Kum stations. I couldn't patronize them because I couldn't stop laughing. What maron named his business Kum and Go?

ChiefsOne
11-29-2004, 04:44 PM
ChiefsCountry
Don't have too much, I live on South Ave and downtown and campus are close.

Just giving you a little $hit. Meaning if you drive out East Sunshine, Glenstone and a few other streets they are everywhere. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there are about 40 strip clubs and 200 churches in our little area. Oh and a zillion places to eat with half of them being Cashew Kitty joints.

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 04:45 PM
What maron named his business Kum and Go?

The owner of a brothel?

ChiefsOne
11-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Kum stations.

Yeah, what a concept!

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 05:06 PM
If you think the Kum & Go's are bad, what the hell where they thinking about when they named their business STD Flea Market.

ENDelt260
11-29-2004, 05:07 PM
If you think the Kum & Go's are bad, what the hell where they thinking about when they named their business STD Flea Market.
That's DEFINITELY a brothel!

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 05:08 PM
That's DEFINITELY a brothel!

And there are 3 of them in this town.

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 05:17 PM

Now wait just a cotton pickin minute....I showed up.

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah I fell for that one. Me and MOHillbilly were the only two that showed up.

Bologna. (sp?)

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 05:19 PM

Shucks, off hand, I can think of five.

Jenny Gump
11-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Shucks, off hand, I can think of five.

Oops, make that six.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Geez I guess I need to find the tiddy bars in this fine town I live in.

|Zach|
11-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Geez I guess I need to find the tiddy bars in this fine town I live in.
I have only gone once in Springtown...It was the first week I was here my freshman year. I didnt know anyone but some guys around the hall found out it was my birthday and they introduced themselves and told me they were taking me out for my bday.

We went to a place called the Crazyhorse...the physical place was lacking but the girls were no to bad...

It was a fun night becuase I met some guys that are really good friends of mine to this day.

I am not sure what the story is with other strip clubs around here.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 07:01 PM
I have only gone once in Springtown...It was the first week I was here my freshman year. I didnt know anyone but some guys around the hall found out it was my birthday and they introduced themselves and told me they were taking me out for my bday.

We went to a place called the Crazyhorse...the physical place was lacking but the girls were no to bad...

It was a fun night becuase I met some guys that are really good friends of mine to this day.

I am not sure what the story is with other strip clubs around here.

That is the only one I have heard of it, isn't it on Kearney Street?

bogie
11-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Any of you ever hear of Scorpio's? Is it still open? I remember when I was a young ladd I was introduced to some very caring Asian ladies there.

MadMax
11-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Any of you ever hear of Scorpio's? Is it still open? I remember when I was a young ladd I was introduced to some very caring Asian ladies there.

LOL. you dirty dawg you... :p

bogie
11-29-2004, 08:33 PM
LOL. you dirty dawg you... :p

They might let you watch the game there.
:)

LiL stumppy
11-29-2004, 08:48 PM
SF sucks.Welcome.

jagerdrinker
11-30-2004, 10:51 PM
So is anyone up for a Springfield get together this weekend at one of these pubs? I've got a good feeling that Green will be sitting this week, as well, so I'm gonna' need a few brews to help ease the pain.