PDA

View Full Version : It could always be worse...

Chieficus
11-29-2004, 02:15 PM
We could be this desperate:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/10296485.htm?1c

Bears Sign Quarterback Jeff George

Associated Press

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Jeff George signed a one-year deal with the Chicago Bears on Monday, returning to the NFL after a three-year absence.

George will be the backup to Chad Hutchinson, who will make his first start in two years against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

"I'm just excited to be back in it. It's a great opportunity for me and I'm very thankful for them bringing me in," George said after his first practice with his new team. "Whatever role the Bears want me to do, I'm willing to do that. I can't say enough how happy I am and how thankful I am to be out here."

George was the No. 1 pick in the 1990 NFL draft, and has one of the strongest arms in the game. But he's 46-78 as a starter, and has played for six teams, not lasting longer than four years with any one of them.

He developed a reputation as spoiled and petulant, and his problems with coaches have overshadowed his considerable talent. He had a sideline argument with coach June Jones when he was with the Atlanta Falcons in 1996, and the team suspended him and then cut him.

In his next-to-last game with Washington, he and coach Marty Schottenheimer had an animated sideline discussion after George committed four turnovers and was removed from the game.

George hasn't played since 2001, when he was cut after two games with the Redskins. In his last two games with Washington, George had a quarterback rating of 34.6, completing 23 of 42 passes with three interceptions.

George, who will turn 37 on Dec. 8, was drafted by Indianapolis and played with the Colts from 1990-93. He was in Atlanta from 1994-96, then spent two seasons with Oakland and one with Minnesota before joining the Redskins in 2000, first as a backup. He was signed by Seattle as insurance midway through the 2002 season, but didn't play.

jspchief
11-29-2004, 02:17 PM
It is worse...that desperate team has a better record than us.

AZORChiefFan
11-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Somewhere fatlock is on his 3rd rack of ribs in celebration.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-29-2004, 02:20 PM
watch BDSSP & see if Tom Arnold has left. I think they are one & the same

BigChiefFan
11-29-2004, 02:21 PM
It is worse...that desperate team has a better record than us.Ouch and they are doing it without their starting QB.

Rausch
11-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Ouch and they are doing it without their starting QB.

Or anyone who even resembles a QB...

KCTitus
11-29-2004, 02:26 PM
When I watched that Dallas/Chicago game on Thanksgiving...it was pathetic to see the company KC shared W/L record wise.

Rausch
11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
When I watched that Dallas/Chicago game on Thanksgiving...it was pathetic to see the company KC shared W/L record wise.

I'd also like to note that our schedule was nowhere near as difficult as we had it pegged before the season...

BigChiefFan
11-29-2004, 02:37 PM
I'd also like to note that our schedule was nowhere near as difficult as we had it pegged before the season...You mean we should have beat the powerhouse Panthers? :p

DJay23
11-29-2004, 03:03 PM
The Bears are also playing a last place (or somewhere around there) schedule in the NFC. By far the little sister to the AFC.

TEX
11-29-2004, 03:18 PM

Yep, But IMO the 3-8 Chiefs are worse in that nobody expected the Bears to do anything and most felt that the Cowboys would finish around .500. Both those teams have better records than the CHIEFS. :shake:

Pants
11-29-2004, 03:20 PM
I'd also like to note that our schedule was nowhere near as difficult as we had it pegged before the season...

It's actually harder. Who thought SD would be this good? And we have to play them twice.

Molitoth
11-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Somewhere fatlock is on his 3rd rack of ribs in celebration.

ROFL ROFL ROFL