PDA

View Full Version : Shut down corner told to SHUT UP

King_Chief_Fan
11-29-2004, 02:52 PM
The Raiders found a way to make Bailey look like Burntee.
Shutdown corner.........bwaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa

He gave up 160 yards and 3 touchdowns.......bwaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa

Pants
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
I think corner is the 2nd hardest position behind the QB. Not in the amount of work done or physical damage taken, but just the ability to perfom well.

Calcountry
11-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Throw in the subjective chucking and pass interference rules, and that position is just plain hell.

Pants
11-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Fo sho.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2004, 04:05 PM
There's no way to "spin" the fact that he was made to look silly by Porter and Chad Johnson, but he has had a very good season IMO aside from those two games. He still has a ways to go to account for the contract, though.

He has helped in many other aspects... there are two ways for Bailey to prove his value to all doubters. First - help the defense "contain" the Colts as best as possible and win that game. Then - the team needs to advance to the playoffs and win a playoff game.

I have no second thoughts on the trade now, but he does need to step up in prime time.

2bikemike
11-29-2004, 04:08 PM
I think corner is the 2nd hardest position behind the QB. Not in the amount of work done or physical damage taken, but just the ability to perfom well.

Yeah I read that quote somewhere also!

Pants
11-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah I read that quote somewhere also!

Huh? That came straight from my head, swear to god...

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2004, 04:11 PM
If Bailey can't shut down Jerry Porter how in the hell is going to slow Marvin Harrison.

suds79
11-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Dude that's how the game works.

Sometimes players win & sometimes they lose.

Champ Bailey lost last night but he wins far more than he loses.

He's exactly the kind of player we & every NFL team needs.

And here comes another one. He's right below my name.

2bikemike
11-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Huh? That came straight from my head, swear to god...

“They're asked to cover the very, very finest speed athletes in football,” San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer said. “That guy knows where he's going. All the good quarterbacks … the ball is thrown before the guy ever comes out of his break and you're expected to cover that distance of separation before the ball gets there. That's hard to do.

“There is a time that it takes to develop, if indeed you are going to develop.

"Other than maybe quarterback, from a competitive standpoint, it's probably as tough a position as there is to play.”

Just busting your chops.

Pants
11-29-2004, 04:21 PM
“They're asked to cover the very, very finest speed athletes in football,” San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer said. “That guy knows where he's going. All the good quarterbacks … the ball is thrown before the guy ever comes out of his break and you're expected to cover that distance of separation before the ball gets there. That's hard to do.

“There is a time that it takes to develop, if indeed you are going to develop.

"Other than maybe quarterback, from a competitive standpoint, it's probably as tough a position as there is to play.”

Just busting your chops.

I see. Well it's pretty obvious. Reacting is harder than planning and executing. Common knowledge I guess.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2004, 04:41 PM
If Bailey can't shut down Jerry Porter how in the hell is going to slow Marvin Harrison.

Prior to the injury, Porter was on the verge of being a badass. He's still a damn fine receiver. Bailey did a fine job against Joe Horn and Andre Johnson, if I recall correctly. I think he held Mushin Muhammad in check also.

Harrison isn't the one to worry about ... it's Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Clark, Pollard and James out of the backfield. That team is just insane.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2004, 04:44 PM
And this does nothing to help the defensive cause against a team like Indy.

Lenny Walls out for year

DST DEN

News: After suffering a seperated shoulder in Week 12 against Oakland, DEN cornerback Lenny Walls will miss the rest of the season.

Analysis: Roc Alexander will move up to the No. 2 right corner position behind Kelly Herndon. DEN travels to San Diego in Week 13.

kansas hawk
11-29-2004, 05:52 PM
well the donks got him to shut down number 1 wideouts and it is clear he can't. however with portis sucking the trade looks ok.

RedNeckRaider
11-29-2004, 06:00 PM
I see. Well it's pretty obvious. Reacting is harder than planning and executing. Common knowledge I guess.Also bad field conditions play to the offensive player also, all things said Bailey did not play that bad last night. Two of the plays he was beat on were unstopable by any CB.

Taco John
11-29-2004, 06:04 PM
I have no problems with having Bailey on the team. He got burnt last night. Oh well.

SoCalRaider
11-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Dude that's how the game works.Not really. CB is the most overrated position in football. Add to that Bailey is the most overrated CB in football. Not a good combination.

Sometimes players win & sometimes they lose.
Why is it every time I turn on the TV, Bailey's losing.

Champ Bailey lost last night but he wins far more than he loses.
The list of players Bailey has lost to: Jimmy Smith, Chad Johnson, Jerry Porter, Amani Toomer, Marty Booker.

The list of players Bailey has won against:

He's exactly the kind of player we & every NFL team needs.
:bong:

RedNeckRaider
11-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Not really. CB is the most overrated position in football. Add to that Bailey is the most overrated CB in football. Not a good combination.

Why is it every time I turn on the TV, Bailey's losing.

The list of players Bailey has lost to: Jimmy Smith, Chad Johnson, Jerry Porter, Amani Toomer, Marty Booker.

The list of players Bailey has won against:

:bong:I would take Bailey over C-Wood

SoCalRaider
11-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Also bad field conditions play to the offensive player also, all things said Bailey did not play that bad last night. Two of the plays he was beat on were unstopable by any CB.
Sure, when you're a good step behind a WR, there's not a CB in football that can make that play... but I can think of at least 1 player (starts with Charles and ends with Woodson) who doesn't get consistently worked like a prison biatch every time he plays on primetime.

Taco John
11-29-2004, 06:15 PM
I would take Bailey over C-Wood

Just about everyone in the league would...

SoCalRaider
11-29-2004, 06:16 PM
I have no problems with having Bailey on the team. He got burnt last night. Oh well.
That's the best spin you can come up with... ROFL

SoCalRaider
11-29-2004, 06:17 PM
I would take Bailey over C-Wood
I wouldn't.

SoCalRaider
11-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Just about everyone in the league would...
As of right now, it looks like ever receiver in the NFL already has... ROFL

Taco John
11-29-2004, 06:20 PM
That's the best spin you can come up with... ROFL

Who needs spin? I stand behind my guy through thick and thin...

Yeah, it was thin last night. But our defense has improved a great deal since Bailey started playing for us. So he got beat in the snow against a big guy. Oh well. At least it wasn't against a team that we need to worry about any tie breakers... Better luck next time.