PDA

View Full Version : Did ya see Otis Taylor?

RJ
11-29-2004, 08:52 PM
The old Cossell MNF highlights they replayed. Those few seconds of Otis, then Henry Marshall, that was great. In those days the MNF halftime was often the only chance I'd get to see my Chiefs and my favorite player, OT.

B2chiefsfan
11-29-2004, 08:56 PM
He needs to be inducted!!!!

tk13
11-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Yeah that was really cool, the man looked like a beast compared to the defensive backs he had to go up against. I forget Cosell's exact wording there but he said "the most amazing wide reciever you'll ever see" or something like that. It'd be cool to watch a full game from that era.

Straight, No Chaser
11-29-2004, 09:08 PM
The old Cosell MNF highlights they replayed. Those few seconds of Otis, then Henry Marshall, that was great. In those days the MNF halftime was often the only chance I'd get to see my Chiefs and my favorite player, OT.

Sounded great with Cosell doing the voice-over. :thumb:
Considering all the freaking BS that goes on now during halftime --the technology to assimilate clips in real time, the nifty graphics, the interviews, etc.-- all jammed between Lexus commercials ad infinitum makes me realize the halftime shows from the 70's and early 80's were something I really used to look forward to even if the game sucked. Cosell doing the voice-over gave those segments a life of their own.

--->

the Talking Can
11-29-2004, 09:14 PM
man those guys strided down the field...looked like each step was 10 yards....very cool

I bet Morton cried when he saw that.

Logical
11-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Despite the fact that I do not feel Otis belongs in the hall of fame he is in my top four Chiefs players right after Lanier, Priest, and Bobby Bell.

gblowfish
11-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Chiefs who definitely belong in the HOF, but probably won't make it:
1) Ed Budde
2) Otis Taylor
3) Johnny Robinson

Chiefs who have a decent shot someday:
1) Derrick Thomas
2) Will Shields
3) Willie Roaf
4) Priest Holmes
5) Tony Gonzo

tomahawk kid
11-30-2004, 07:00 AM
I'm holding out hope for OT and JR, but you're right. Probably will never happen.

Ari Chi3fs
11-30-2004, 07:03 AM
yeah, why the fook can we NOT see a game from that era? I dont have the NFL network, but damn, old games from the 60's and 70's would be cool to watch.

Chief Henry
11-30-2004, 07:16 AM
The old Cossell MNF highlights they replayed. Those few seconds of Otis, then Henry Marshall, that was great. In those days the MNF halftime was often the only chance I'd get to see my Chiefs and my favorite player, OT.

RJ, Same way here dude. I was able to to talk my mom into lettign stay up until the half time highlights were over and then I had to go to bed.

Howard Cossell was a true celebrity in the sports jounalism world.
He was brilliant. Him and Ali togeather were funny and entertaining.

Ari Chi3fs
11-30-2004, 07:18 AM
RJ, Same way here dude. I was able to to talk my mom into lettign stay up until the half time highlights were over and then I had to go to bed.

Howard Cossell was a true celebrity in the sports jounalism world.
He was brilliant. Him and Ali togeather were funny and entertaining.

Thanks bro...

ChiTown
11-30-2004, 08:03 AM
How in the F*CK is Johnny RObinson not in the HOF? His stats are better than half the Safeties in the HOF right now (57 INT's!!!!!). Not to mention, he was one of the best all-around athlete's of his day. JR was a HB his first two seasons in Detroit and didn't start playing S until his 3rd season. So, he averaged nearly 5 int's/season over his career. Don't even get me started on Otis Taylor. My annual pilgrimage to get OT in the HOF has started yet......

Chiefs who definitely belong in the HOF, but probably won't make it:
1) Ed Budde
2) Otis Taylor
3) Johnny Robinson

Chiefs who have a decent shot someday:
1) Derrick Thomas
2) Will Shields
3) Willie Roaf
4) Priest Holmes
5) Tony Gonzo

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2004, 10:48 AM
How in the F*CK is Johnny RObinson not in the HOF? His stats are better than half the Safeties in the HOF right now (57 INT's!!!!!). Not to mention, he was one of the best all-around athlete's of his day. JR was a HB his first two seasons in Detroit and didn't start playing S until his 3rd season. So, he averaged nearly 5 int's/season over his career. Don't even get me started on Otis Taylor. My annual pilgrimage to get OT in the HOF has started yet......

No doubt about it.

Johny played in SB IV with two fx'd ribs. Picked off a ball.

Him sitting on the muddy ground of Tulane Stadium clutching that ball with the raised No.1 finger is a memory I've cherished.

tomahawk kid
11-30-2004, 10:51 AM
I've got a tape of a MNF game from 1970 between Baltimore and KC.

Ot is hurt and did not play, but JR picks off 2 Unitas passes.

Pretty sweet deal.