PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fracas kept under wraps last week

splatbass
11-30-2004, 12:23 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3197980

Several NFL players told FOX NFL Sunday of a fight last week at Kansas City Chiefs practice that was unlike all the other normal simple practice skirmishes. According to the players, the brawl started when WR Eddie Kennison threw his helmet at young DB Benny Sapp.

That simple fight turned into a complete scrum that involved half the team. It was low-lighted when WR Dante Hall ran across the field and tackled CB Julian Battle from behind. The scrum, which had little rhyme or reason (i.e. it wasn't an offense vs. defense fight but rather a whole big cluster among the combatants), continued with skirmishes breaking out while others were being broken up. Every time one fire was put out another started. It finally ended several minutes later and the team was officially put on notice by coach Dick Vermeil and QB Trent Green that such an incident needed to stay in house.

In fact, when contacted by FOXSports.com about the melee, several Chiefs players refused to comment. In fact, the only statement made was that Coach Vermeil would take action against anyone who leaked this incident out of the bag, although many players around the league heard of the incident from their friends on the Chiefs.

The incident also should not be misconstrued as some festering problem within the team. All indications were that this was simply a freak incident stuck within perhaps the strangest week of sports we've all seen in a long, long time.

Braincase
11-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Man, I haven't heard anything about this. Where was Ron Artest?

roman gnome
11-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Feel the love!

memyselfI
11-30-2004, 12:40 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3197980

Several NFL players told FOX NFL Sunday of a fight last week at Kansas City Chiefs practice that was unlike all the other normal simple practice skirmishes. According to the players, the brawl started when WR Eddie Kennison threw his helmet at young DB Benny Sapp.

That simple fight turned into a complete scrum that involved half the team. It was low-lighted when WR Dante Hall ran across the field and tackled CB Julian Battle from behind. The scrum, which had little rhyme or reason (i.e. it wasn't an offense vs. defense fight but rather a whole big cluster among the combatants), continued with skirmishes breaking out while others were being broken up. Every time one fire was put out another started. It finally ended several minutes later and the team was officially put on notice by coach Dick Vermeil and QB Trent Green that such an incident needed to stay in house.

In fact, when contacted by FOXSports.com about the melee, several Chiefs players refused to comment. In fact, the only statement made was that Coach Vermeil would take action against anyone who leaked this incident out of the bag, although many players around the league heard of the incident from their friends on the Chiefs.

The incident also should not be misconstrued as some festering problem within the team. All indications were that this was simply a freak incident stuck within perhaps the strangest week of sports we've all seen in a long, long time.

Kennison threw a helmet at a guy? Nice.

ptlyon
11-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Can I be the first to say that this team has officially imploded?

roman gnome
11-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Quiterson left his handbag in the locker-room.

BigChiefFan
11-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Too bad the defense doesn't take that approach on Sundays. These mofos need some fire in their belly.

BigChiefFan
11-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Quiterson left his handbag in the locker-room.Bitter much? Get the **** over it already.

roman gnome
11-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Bitter much? Get the **** over it already.

Not bitter at all,

matter of fact damn glad he`s on your team.

Dartgod
11-30-2004, 12:53 PM
This is old news. I was listening to Posnaski yesterday and he basically said it was no big deal. The defense was practicing with a little more attitude and some tempers got out of control. This type of thing probably happens a lot (especially with a team underachieving like the Chiefs have this season), but never gets reported. It wouldn't have this time if not for a player leaking it and the KC media's desire to tear this team down. :shake:

InChiefsHell
11-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Bitter much? Get the **** over it already.
Really. It was over 2 years ago. Freaks.

Meanwhile, I think that this probably is a result of pent up frustration on the part of the whole team. I mean, they all try to put as positive a face on things after a loss. When you have as many losses as they do, I'm sure you just want to kick someone's ass. Might as well do it in a closed practice rather than on the sidelines at a game.

...Dante Hall runs across the field to tackle Julian Battle...that just sounds funny. Can you just picture cute wittle Dante launching himself at someone?? Man. I wish that was on tape...

Ultra Peanut
11-30-2004, 12:57 PM
Awesome. Implosion and erosion.

splatbass
11-30-2004, 01:01 PM
This is old news. I was listening to Posnaski yesterday and he basically said it was no big deal. The defense was practicing with a little more attitude and some tempers got out of control. This type of thing probably happens a lot (especially with a team underachieving like the Chiefs have this season), but never gets reported. It wouldn't have this time if not for a player leaking it and the KC media's desire to tear this team down. :shake:

KC media? This was on Fox Sports, not the KC media.

ENDelt260
11-30-2004, 01:02 PM
This never would've happened if Priest would get off his ass, dust the nacho crumbs off his lap, and yell some words of encouragement during practice.

Chiefnj
11-30-2004, 01:06 PM
If Sapp would have thrown his helmet at Kennison, would Eddie have dropped it?? If he caught it, would he have fumbled it away?

I thought Battle was supposed to be a tough corner/safety. How is it that Dante Hall is beating on him?

Dartgod
11-30-2004, 01:09 PM
KC media? This was on Fox Sports, not the KC media.
It was reported yesterday by the KC media. Where do you think FOX got it from?

Demonpenz
11-30-2004, 01:10 PM
i can't believe priest was eating nacho's. We are paying this CLOWN to sit and eat nacho's? Disgraceful and pathetic.

elvomito
11-30-2004, 01:36 PM
uh, without him, we are losers!

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Everybody say it.......

Thank you Carl Peterson

:cuss:

ROYC75
11-30-2004, 01:56 PM

So what's new, this years club is a loser with him. :shake:

KCWolfman
11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
With him we have been losers.

KCWolfman
11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
So what's new, this years club is a loser with him. :shake:
Damn you, Roy!! Damn your ugly evil hide. If I had a helmet, I would throw it at you.

Lightning Rod
11-30-2004, 02:12 PM
After 35 minutes the fracas wound down as the players, one by one dropped from exhaustion.
Fortunately for the Chiefs, their inability to actually hit someone limited the injuries to several cases of cramps due to not properly stretching out beforehand.

jcroft
11-30-2004, 02:16 PM
Why are the helmet-throwers on this team always named Eddie?!

Brando
11-30-2004, 02:23 PM
It is rumored that the fight finally stopped when Willie Roaf ate his way out of the bottom of the huge pile. He is said to have eaten through LJ's diaper, an unamed CB's lead ass, and Kawika's mangina.

Baby Lee
11-30-2004, 02:28 PM
This never would've happened if Priest would get off his ass, dust the nacho crumbs off his lap, and yell some words of encouragement during practice.
He's so passionate that he no longer attends practices. ROFL ROFL

Taco John
11-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Did Kennison blame it on his wife and father afterward?

Thig Lyfe
11-30-2004, 02:34 PM
This is good.

KCTitus
11-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Damned Nacho haters...

Raiderhader
11-30-2004, 02:40 PM

Excellent.

2bikemike
11-30-2004, 02:59 PM
From what I heard Dante was just giving Julian some pointers on tackling.

Calcountry
11-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Can I be the first to say that this team has officially imploded?
If you hadn't I would have.

Calcountry
11-30-2004, 03:21 PM
Naw, Priest is god to the Chiefs.

What is their record since he went down? I know it is chitty anyways, but it is completely zero without him.

Calcountry
11-30-2004, 03:22 PM
i can't believe priest was eating nacho's. We are paying this CLOWN to sit and eat nacho's? Disgraceful and pathetic.
Fug it, man, he was enjoying the game like all the rest of the fans. lmao.

Calcountry
11-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Everybody say it.......

Thank you Carl Peterson

:cuss:
No, but how about a F you Carl Peterson!!!

mikey23545
11-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Sounds like there was a big explosion that left "profile" all over the place....

Calcountry
11-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Damn you, Roy!! Damn your ugly evil hide. If I had a helmet, I would throw it at you.
ROFL , Oh, and btw, congrats on 40 K posts!!! :thumb:

Calcountry
11-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Damned Nacho haters...
I am sure that the Taco doesn't mind? eh?

ROYC75
11-30-2004, 03:49 PM

Put a nice high arch into that throw, there is alot of real estate between Liberty and Greenville. :thumb:

ROYC75
11-30-2004, 03:50 PM
It is rumored that the fight finally stopped when Willie Roaf ate his way out of the bottom of the huge pile. He is said to have eaten through LJ's diaper, an unamed CB's lead ass, and Kawika's mangina.

ROFL Rep.

Big Chief Homer
11-30-2004, 04:21 PM
not offense vs. defense my ass.its probably 3 years worth of frustration.3 years of putting up over 400 yards and 30 points and still loosing.tell me this o still believes that crap of we will togther loose together and ive got some property to sell ya.i know id have been throwing more than a helmet at him and it would have started a long time ago.these defensive guys gets there asses kicked every week.slapped in the head from recievers and b.s. like that.

its about time someone laid something on they ass.GO EDDIE!!

BIG_DADDY
11-30-2004, 04:29 PM
They mention anything about a guy getting his nose broke.

InChiefsHell
12-01-2004, 06:23 AM
Did Kennison blame it on his wife and father afterward?

No, he rightly blamed it on Shanarat, who is ultimately the source of all things bad...