PDA

View Full Version : Broncos can't even fill up their Stadium with a winning team.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 06:25 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=487748#post487748

Sitting at the game on Sunday night, they had that quiz thing during a timeout about the attendance of the game. The choices were 60,000, 65,000, and 71,000.

The correct answer? 60,000, meaning 15,000 no shows.

What the hell is going on here? You know, I've heard the complaints of the "wine and cheese" crowd, but never really bought it. My first time at Invesco, (This year vs. KC) everybody seemed loud and into the game, so I never really thought there was a problem, until Sunday night.

I mean, yes it was freezing, and yes somebody might even say they expected the Broncos to kill the Raiders like they did earlier in the season.

But still, it's the freakin' Raiders. Broncos vs. Raiders for crying out loud. 15K people don't show up?

What is going on here?

ROYC75
11-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Pussies ?

Cochise
11-30-2004, 06:32 PM
It happens everywhere, despite all the talk of 150 billion consecutive sellouts you hear coming out of teams' front offices.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-30-2004, 06:35 PM
this is off topic & I don't want to start a thread. Why was there so many fans dressed in Orange coats at the Packers game last night?

jspchief
11-30-2004, 06:36 PM
I heard many Denver fans were sitting in the warmth of their homes, watching the game, and eating tasty nachos.

B2chiefsfan
11-30-2004, 06:50 PM
this is off topic & I don't want to start a thread. Why was there so many fans dressed in Orange coats at the Packers game last night?

Hunting before the game???

Wile_E_Coyote
11-30-2004, 07:01 PM
Hunting before the game???

I was expecting a, because it was cold :)

there was a lot of fans dressed in the same type coat. Maybe they go out & shoot their tailgate meal

Cochise
11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
I heard many Denver fans were sitting in the warmth of their homes, watching the game, and eating tasty nachos.

ROFL

Taco John
11-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Eh... It was a holiday weekend. Lotta people doing other things. I'd bet there were a good amount of season ticket holders who skipped the game due to family obligations.

Sure-Oz
11-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Eh... It was a holiday weekend. Lotta people doing other things. I'd bet there were a good amount of season ticket holders who skipped the game due to family obligations.
The weather was pretty shitty as well plus it was the Raiders, I am sure most your fans thought the donkeys would win that game. :p

Ralphy Boy
11-30-2004, 07:20 PM
I wish we could have the same problem.

Phobia
11-30-2004, 07:22 PM

Wow, it's like finding a gem in my stocking. Thanks, Santa. I'm sure I'll be needing this on Dec. 25th.

stevieray
11-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Doesn't matter, it's the Invescos, anything they do is perfect.

OldTownChief
11-30-2004, 07:31 PM

BS How many season ticket holders would not be able to sell their tickets easily when their team is winning and has a chance to make the playoffs. Arrowhead would still have been packed solid in this case.

Over-Head
11-30-2004, 07:32 PM
They knew we were due and didn't want to see the loss ROFL

Garcia Bronco
11-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Did you guys happen to see the snow out there? Sitting in it....probably no big deal...getting there and back safely?

OldTownChief
11-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Did you guys happen to see the snow out there? Sitting in it....probably no big deal...getting there and back safely?

I take it you're not from Denver.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2004, 09:45 PM
So, is DEN the only team with no shows? Personally, I would have LOVED to have been there in that weather.

Nelson Muntz
11-30-2004, 09:50 PM
Wow, it's like finding a gem in my stocking. Thanks, Santa. I'm sure I'll be needing this on Dec. 25th.

Its not often you get an early christmas present like that. :thumb:

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 09:58 PM
So, is DEN the only team with no shows? Personally, I would have LOVED to have been there in that weather.
If Kansas City was 7-3, playing the Raiders at home, there would be very few no shows, even in inclement weather.

morphius
11-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Well, except that is on the actual holliday, not at the end of the weekend at the latest hour possible...

But yes, a gift.

Taco John
11-30-2004, 10:24 PM
BS How many season ticket holders would not be able to sell their tickets easily when their team is winning and has a chance to make the playoffs. Arrowhead would still have been packed solid in this case.

Well, one of those seats was mine, and I couldn't make it due to a sales meeting I had yesterday... But minus that sales call, the thought of travelling during the holiday weekend made me want to puke...

cdcox
12-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Well, one of those seats was mine, and I couldn't make it due to a sales meeting I had yesterday... But minus that sales call, the thought of travelling during the holiday weekend made me want to puke...

Taco John a no show????????? Obviously not a Real FanŽ.

ENDelt260
12-01-2004, 01:37 AM
Hunter orange, dipstick.

It's their warm clothes. I got a chuckle out of it.

Nelson Muntz
12-01-2004, 05:32 AM

Not wanting to travel on a holiday weekend to see your favorite team play one of their top division rivals? Man thats weak.