PDA

View Full Version : Armchair GM

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 12:14 PM
With the season in the tank, I thought I'd throw my two cents in on how I would improve the Chiefs in the off-season. I will try and be realistic taking in the cap, were we will most likely draft, and such. Please throw your two cents in as well.

FA- 1)Sign DE Abraham from the Jets, relegating Hicks to back-up.
Wr-Porter
Draft
1st round- CB Antrell Rolle
2nd round- MLB Lance Mitchell
3rd round-DE Chris Canty (hoping we keep our 3rd rounder)
4th round -OLB Abdul Hodge (should have a 4th for loss of Tait)
5th round- DT Dusty Dvorak, FS Ben Emanuel
6th round- OT Calvin Armstrong, QB Jason Campbell
7th round- best available FB

BigRedChief
12-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Abraham is going to get the franchise tag.

Rolle will be gone before we pick and we will take an OL anyway. I don't even want to think of another King Carl draft. :banghead:

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Abraham is going to get the franchise tag.

Rolle will be gone before we pick and we will take an OL anyway. I don't even want to think of another King Carl draft. :banghead:
The Jets to re-signed Ellis, I don't know if they will franchise Abraham or not, especially with his off-the-field incidents, IF he does become available that's who I would target. I didn't realize you had better sources than me. :p

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 12:24 PM
Also, as it stand we have the 3rd overall pick in the upcoming draft. Miami would be fools to go after Rolle, with their HB woes and San Fran needs a QB in a big way. I don't think it's unrealistic at all to think Rolle will be available.

BigRedChief
12-01-2004, 12:27 PM
I don't see us picking 3rd. We will finish 5-11. Pick 6th or 7th. I see Rolle going 3-6th. But WTF do I know.

Brock
12-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Also, as it stand we have the 3rd overall pick in the upcoming draft. Miami would be fools to go after Rolle, with their HB woes and San Fran needs a QB in a big way. I don't think it's unrealistic at all to think Rolle will be available.

Miami (and I doubt anyone else) isn't going to draft a running back that high. They most likely will trade out, IMO.

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2004, 12:28 PM
I would first cut Hicks, Holliday, Woods, Barber, McCleon, and Bartee.

I would then sign Julian Peterson and Gary Baxter as starters, find some cheap vetern depth free agents for DE and CB.

Draft
1. Derrick Johnson, LB Texas
2. Dan Cody, DE Oklahoma

After that I don't know yet.

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 12:29 PM
I don't see us picking 3rd. We will finish 5-11. Pick 6th or 7th. I see Rolle going 3-6th. But WTF do I know.
We're going to finish 5-11? Crystal ball in full-effect.

shakesthecat
12-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Abdul Hodge has already stated he's returning to Iowa for his Sr. year

suds79
12-01-2004, 12:41 PM
With the season in the tank, I thought I'd throw my two cents in on how I would improve the Chiefs in the off-season. I will try and be realistic taking in the cap, were we will most likely draft, and such. Please throw your two cents in as well.

FA- 1)Sign DE Abraham from the Jets, relegating Hicks to back-up.
Wr-Porter
Draft
1st round- CB Antrell Rolle
2nd round- MLB Lance Mitchell
3rd round-DE Chris Canty (hoping we keep our 3rd rounder)
4th round -OLB Abdul Hodge (should have a 4th for loss of Tait)
5th round- DT Dusty Dvorak, FS Ben Emanuel
6th round- OT Calvin Armstrong, QB Jason Campbell
7th round- best available FB

Love it. If Rolle is gone, take Johnson. We stink enough to where we ought to get one of em.

If Lance Mitchell isn't there in the 2nd, I'm coming around to the idea of Barret Ruud in the 2nd or 3rd. Not sure where he's projected. He might not be the biggest, strongest or fastest, but he can tackle and that's what we need the most.

IMO that's why were in such trouble with the draft. Carl always drafts guys who look the part and can run really fast 40 times, but they seem to forget to find out if the guy's a seasoned football player.

No more projects.

TEX
12-01-2004, 12:41 PM
I would first cut Hicks, Holliday, Woods, Barber, McCleon, and Bartee.

I would then sign Julian Peterson and Gary Baxter as starters, find some cheap vetern depth free agents for DE and CB.

Draft
1. Derrick Johnson, LB Texas
2. Dan Cody, DE Oklahoma

After that I don't know yet.

I'm with ya all the way here. :thumb:

Sure-Oz
12-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Didn't Abraham re-sign with the jets?

TEX
12-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Didn't Abraham re-sign with the jets?

Yes, it was announced yesterday.

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Yes, it was announced yesterday.

I thought it was Shaun Ellis that reupped with the Jets.

TEX
12-01-2004, 12:50 PM
I thought it was Shaun Ellis that reupped with the Jets.

You might be right...

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Love it. If Rolle is gone, take Johnson. We stink enough to where we ought to get one of em.

If Lance Mitchell isn't there in the 2nd, I'm coming around to the idea of Barret Ruud in the 2nd or 3rd. Not sure where he's projected. He might not be the biggest, strongest or fastest, but he can tackle and that's what we need the most.

IMO that's why were in such trouble with the draft. Carl always drafts guys who look the part and can run really fast 40 times, but they seem to forget to find out if the guy's a seasoned football player.

No more projects.
Yea way TOO MANY projects, especially in the early rounds. Players like Trezell Jenkins speak volumes in my book. We need FOOTBALL players. Guys that ****ing hit and knock people on their butts. Enough with these arm-tackling clown projects. If we re-sign Fujita and pass on DJ if Rolle is gone and DJ is there or we trade down, I will have given up all hope in winning the Super Bowl in Carl's tenure. I will also make next year my final year as a season ticket holder, because if I want entertainment, I'll play a video game, drink a beer, go to the movies, ect...I want a ****ing Super Bowl WIN!!!! Is that too much to ask a Super Bowl win every 30 years?

(please note alot of this was said in jest)

Rausch
12-01-2004, 01:03 PM
I wonder if we could get a low round pick (4th, 5th) for hicks...

Hoover
12-01-2004, 01:10 PM
The Hoover Plan

Move the Patriots to KC, and send the Chiefs to NE.

Simple!

BigRedChief
12-01-2004, 01:21 PM
The Hoover Plan

Move the Patriots to KC, and send the Chiefs to NE.

Simple!

And if they don't go for that maybe they will go for King Carl for Scott Pioli?

Sure-Oz
12-01-2004, 01:27 PM
I don't think Abraham has been re-signed yet, Ellis was signed monday.

Calcountry
12-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Have you ever heard of "laying down".

Holmes has every reason to stay out the rest of the Season. Trent has "bruised ribs" this week.

We need to lose our games while appearing to be competitive so as not to shoot off alarms in the competition committee.

Naw, the Chiefs are going to go 3-13, the opposite of last year. A complete 180 degree turn in only one year with the SAME PLAYERS!!!

The goal is to win. So right now we must lose.

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Abdul Hodge has already stated he's returning to Iowa for his Sr. year
I hadn't heard that until now. Hodge is a fine player and would have made some team a good OLBer.

big nasty kcnut
12-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Ben Emanuel would be cool i know his cousin burt emanuel. he and brother played football for langham creek.

PastorMikH
12-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Before I even think about players, the LB coach, secondary coach, and whichever coach(s) is/are teaching tackling fundementals are gone. Those changes can wait until january.

The changes I would make RIGHT NOW would be to fire all of the talent scouts. They can't find talent, I don't need them perusing the bowl games looking for project players buried on some losing team's bench as a first round prospect who could have a huge upside later on. I want scouts that can find talent that will actually be able to contribute next fall.

Then I tell DV to play the scrubbs and let's see what we have.

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Before I even think about players, the LB coach, secondary coach, and whichever coach(s) is/are teaching tackling fundementals are gone. Those changes can wait until january.

The changes I would make RIGHT NOW would be to fire all of the talent scouts. They can't find talent, I don't need them perusing the bowl games looking for project players buried on some losing team's bench as a first round prospect who could have a huge upside later on. I want scouts that can find talent that will actually be able to contribute next fall.

Then I tell DV to play the scrubbs and let's see what we have.
It really is frustrating seeing how many teams have rookies contribute immediately, yet we still are developing Bartee FIVE years later!!!!