PDA

View Full Version : the thing that pisses me off the most about this team

ILChief
12-01-2004, 06:17 PM
is that they are in denial. they actually think they're a good team.

I've heard these quotes from players and coaches:

"we're not an 0-3 team"

"ask the Chargers if we're a 3-8 team!"

"we're not that far away from being a good defense"

NEWS FLASH: YOU ARE 3-8 AND YOU SUCK.

They think they are a good team that has caught bad breaks. No, they are a bad team.

MichaelH
12-01-2004, 06:20 PM
They've been hearing praise from an optimistic coach and it's infectious. I don't agree with some of what DV has been saying, but so far he's managed to keep the locker room together. You have to give him credit for that.

morphius
12-01-2004, 06:22 PM
I don't think I want my teams players admitting they are a bunch of losers and just giving up...

Taco John
12-01-2004, 06:24 PM
They've been hearing praise from an optimistic coach and it's infectious. I don't agree with some of what DV has been saying, but so far he's managed to keep the locker room together. You have to give him credit for that.

If keeping the locker room together means helmet throwing team brawls that break-out of nowhere, then, yeah, I see what you mean.

MichaelH
12-01-2004, 06:27 PM
If keeping the locker room together means helmet throwing team brawls that break-out of nowhere, then, yeah, I see what you mean.

I forgot, it only happens in KC. :rolleyes:

2bikemike
12-01-2004, 06:28 PM
The thing that pisses me of is that they are in every fugging game and piss away the chances to win.

They are exactly what there record says they are.

bogie
12-01-2004, 06:43 PM
is that they are in denial. they actually think they're a good team.

I've heard these quotes from players and coaches:

"we're not an 0-3 team"

"ask the Chargers if we're a 3-8 team!"

"we're not that far away from being a good defense"

NEWS FLASH: YOU ARE 3-8 AND YOU SUCK.

They think they are a good team that has caught bad breaks. No, they are a bad team.

Unfortunately they are a 3-8 D with an 11-0 O.

tk13
12-01-2004, 06:45 PM
I don't know if they are a good team, I do think they are a team that has caught a ton of bad breaks. Doesn't anyone else think that way? I've just felt that way ever since the playoff game last year. From Jake Delhomme throwing some crappy spinning ballerina TD to Trent getting these "in the grasp" calls to seeing the kicker miss a PAT and FG with minutes of each other to watching Dante Hall inexplicably fumble 5 yards away from an untouched TD....

I don't know, there's also a train of thought that you don't want these guys to think they are losers. I don't know if I want this team to think they suck. You see what negativity has done to the defense.... we don't have all world talent but some of these guys like Vonnie Holliday and Wesley and Woods used to be pretty good players, now they've all been vaporized.

ILChief
12-01-2004, 06:56 PM
I don't know if they are a good team, I do think they are a team that has caught a ton of bad breaks. Doesn't anyone else think that way? I've just felt that way ever since the playoff game last year. From Jake Delhomme throwing some crappy spinning ballerina TD to Trent getting these "in the grasp" calls to seeing the kicker miss a PAT and FG with minutes of each other to watching Dante Hall inexplicably fumble 5 yards away from an untouched TD....

I don't know, there's also a train of thought that you don't want these guys to think they are losers. I don't know if I want this team to think they suck. You see what negativity has done to the defense.... we don't have all world talent but some of these guys like Vonnie Holliday and Wesley and Woods used to be pretty good players, now they've all been vaporized.

is it that they are a good team that has caught a bunch of bad breaks or last year were they an average team that caught a lot of good breaks?

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Excuses are for losers.

philfree
12-01-2004, 08:18 PM
Excuses are for losers.

And your excuse is CP and DV.....you ain't no different then any other fan we all just quantify things in a different way.

PhilFree :arrow:

TEX
12-01-2004, 08:20 PM
But...but...but...we are the best 3-8 team in the NFL! ROFL

Bowser
12-01-2004, 08:24 PM
What pisses me off is that we should be 10-1. Other than that, we're pretty good.

FloridaChief
12-01-2004, 08:27 PM
I want my goddamned avatar back...

Bowser
12-01-2004, 08:29 PM
I want my goddamned avatar back...

In best Grandpa voice......

You can want in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which one you get first!!

Hee-heee-heeee!!

philfree
12-01-2004, 08:32 PM
But...but...but...we are the best 3-8 team in the NFL!

I've heard that but IMO there is no best 3-8 team. Yeah I know it was sarcasm but still........

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 08:33 PM
And your excuse is CP and DV.....you ain't no different then any other fan we all just quantify things in a different way.

Excuses are for those that have to answer to somebody. I don't have to answer to anybody about the Chiefs woes, maybe you forgot that. Excuses are just that-a way to justify the predicument somebody is in. I'm not justifying anything the Chiefs have done in the off-season, but I know some that are.

philfree
12-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Excuses are for those that have to answer to somebody.

Seems to me when questions arise and then answered the answers often get labled as excuses. I've heard no claim from Carl or DV that what has happened this year is O.K. I have heard DV illustrate the reasons why we are 3-8 but I've never seen him illustrate that it's O.K. with him or anybody else.

KCJohnny
12-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Unfortunately they are a 3-8 D with an 11-0 O.
This O has choked several times, particularly in the red zone. Our D is very, very bad, but look how many games our O failed to score even 20 points...

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Seems to me when questions arise and then answered the answers often get labled as excuses. I've heard no claim from Carl or DV that what has happened this year is O.K. I have heard DV illustrate the reasons why we are 3-8 but I've never seen him illustrate that it's O.K. with him or anybody else.

PhilFree :arrow:Apparently you didn't read Dawes and Gretz' recent articles. Ya know the Chiefs PR machine. There's plenty of excuses in those articles.

KCJohnny
12-01-2004, 09:01 PM

Phil,
do you realize this could easily become a 3-13 team? What excuses are there for THAT? :hmmm:

philfree
12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
This O has choked several times, particularly in the red zone. Our D is very, very bad, but look how many games our O failed to score even 20 points...

This is true this year no doubt but we've backed ourselves into a corner with TOs and penalties that we've ended up with long odds to win these games. IMO Trent should be calling more plays in these situations.

BigChiefFan
12-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Phil,
do you realize this could easily become a 3-13 team? What excuses are there for THAT? :hmmm:
That's all there is excuses. Read Dawes and Gretz' latest articles-they're chucked full of excuses.

KCJohnny
12-01-2004, 09:04 PM
This is true this year no doubt but we've backed ourselves into a corner with TOs and penalties that we've ended up with long odds to win these games. IMO Trent should be calling more plays in these situations.

I agree! :thumb:

philfree
12-01-2004, 09:08 PM
What excuses are there for THAT?

Beats the hell outta me! I'm not giving excuses though. I'm just looking at what trsnspired during the games that caused us to lose. That of course takes more effort then to jump on the hate train and demand for heads to roll. For some reason that's just not my response to things.

philfree
12-01-2004, 09:11 PM
I agree!

I agreed with alot of thing you posted in the past. I hope you have at least a vague memory of that.(I know you've had much more on your mind.)