PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping

Frazod
12-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Mine's DONE, outside of a trip to the liquor store. It's December 1st - I have successfully skirted all the crowds, bullshit and general mall insanity.

:thumb:

So how are you guys doing?

|Zach|
12-01-2004, 09:56 PM
I am actully making a lot of gifts for people this year.

ENDelt260
12-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Dad and I always go shopping together on Christmas Eve.

Count Alex's Losses
12-01-2004, 10:41 PM
My family doesn't celebrate xmas.

Nzoner
12-01-2004, 10:48 PM
outside of a trip to the liquor store.

Only 1 trip between now and Dec 25th?

Don't forget HE knows if you been bad or good :D

Fat Elvis
12-02-2004, 12:07 AM

Yeah, well not too many of us clebrate Jedi holidays either.....

Phobia
12-02-2004, 12:08 AM
I am actully making a lot of gifts for people this year.

Great. Just what I've always wanted.... a blender permanently attached to a toaster. Thanks, Zach.

Phobia
12-02-2004, 12:09 AM

Now I feel terribly sorry for you. I'm gonna get you something, you little bastard.

Brando
12-02-2004, 12:10 AM
The fiance did all of mine for me. I've never had my shopping done so early. I don't know what the f*ck she thinks she's gettin' though. She didn't buy anything for herself.

Nzoner
12-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Now I feel terribly sorry for you. I'm gonna get you something, you little bastard.

I know someone who has 2 cheap tickets.......nevermind.

Phobia
12-02-2004, 12:11 AM
The fiance did all of mine for me. I've never had my shopping done so early. I don't know what the f*ck she thinks she's gettin' though. She didn't buy anything for herself.

My wife bought herself a new coat, some slippers, and God knows what else. I'm gonna wrap it all up and call it a day.

Phobia
12-02-2004, 12:12 AM
I know someone who has 2 cheap tickets.......nevermind.

Dude, I wish I could help you out. I don't think there's a chance in hell I would get out of family obligations to go to a Chiefs game on Christmas day. WTF were they thinking?

SNR
12-02-2004, 12:14 AM
I figured my presence alone was a good enough Christmas present. So I'm not going shopping this year.

Nzoner
12-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Dude, I wish I could help you out. I don't think there's a chance in hell I would get out of family obligations to go to a Chiefs game on Christmas day. WTF were they thinking?

But if one of the tickets were a gift to you from a certain friend :hmmm:

Brando
12-02-2004, 12:15 AM
My old man is coming up from Phoenix and going to the game with me. He's changed from being totally pumped to totally pissed that I won't sell the tickets. It's either sit around and listen to him bitch about what he got or listen to him bitch about how lousy the Chiefs are. I figure at least this way we can bitch about the same thing.

|Zach|
12-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Great. Just what I've always wanted.... a blender permanently attached to a toaster. Thanks, Zach.
Tis the season Kloster. Hope you enjoy.

Count Alex's Losses
12-02-2004, 12:24 AM

Don't feel sorry for me, all Jehovah's Witnesses grow up this way.

If you want to get me something I won't object of course. :)

Hell seeing as my birthday is Dec. 31st I probably would have gotten a raw deal every Xmas anyway.

Kraut
12-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Im doing good, I usually only shoplift. So far things are going smooth.

Brando
12-02-2004, 12:28 AM
Im doing good, I usually only shoplift. So far things are going smooth.
Do me a favor then. Go up to St. Mark's Place and steal me some shit from Search and Destroy.

Kraut
12-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Do me a favor then. Go up to St. Mark's Place and steal me some shit from Search and Destroy.
LOL Ahh a fella New Yorka hey

Brando
12-02-2004, 12:31 AM
LOL Ahh a fella New Yorka hey
From Syracuse originally but I've got a good friend that lives in the East Village (swear he's not gay). I try to get up there once a year to visit.

Kraut
12-02-2004, 12:33 AM
From Syracuse originally but I've got a good friend that lives in the East Village (swear he's not gay). I try to get up there once a year to visit.
He is in the East Village so he is ok, It's the West Vill you need to watch out for. lol

Phobia
12-02-2004, 12:33 AM
But if one of the tickets were a gift to you from a certain friend :hmmm:

Heh heh. I don't even know if I could get out of the house under those circumstances. This is my daughter's 2nd Christmas, the first one in which she's a participant. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the wife won't be having me at a Chiefs game....

Kraut
12-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Did you go to the Cuse?

Brando
12-02-2004, 12:43 AM
He is in the East Village so he is ok, It's the West Vill you need to watch out for. lol
He's a singer/songwriter. You should check him out some time if you get a chance. Judging from the fact that you like Social Distortion I think you might dig.
www.mikeborgia.com check out "Angels Falling Over Me".

Brando
12-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Did you go to the Cuse?
Unfortunately no. I was an unmotivated teenager :thumb:

Kraut
12-02-2004, 12:45 AM
He's a singer/songwriter. You should check him out some time if you get a chance. Judging from the fact that you like Social Distortion I think you might dig.
www.mikeborgia.com check out "Angels Falling Over Me".
NIce, I will look to check him out. If he is anything like Social D I will love it. I actuallly got a chance to see Social D at the Nation down in DC last month. Great show!!! Don't know if you like them or have ever seen them but if you have not you should check out one of their live shows. Mike Ness still has it after all these years.

Kraut
12-02-2004, 12:46 AM
Unfortunately no. I was an unmotivated teenager :thumb:
Ahh thats ok I would hate to think that you would be a Cuse grad. :p PSU grad here

Nzoner
12-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Heh heh. I don't even know if I could get out of the house under those circumstances. This is my daughter's 2nd Christmas, the first one in which she's a participant. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the wife won't be having me at a Chiefs game....

I hear ya,I'm having a helluva time myself trying to convince the mrs that I feel somewhat obligated to meet Brian there since I sold him the other two tickets.

It'd all be good if the damn Chiefs would've just cooperated and been in a division race.

Phobia
12-02-2004, 12:48 AM
Is it a noon game or 3:00? I might have a long shot if it's 3:00.

Brando
12-02-2004, 12:49 AM
Ahh thats ok I would hate to think that you would be a Cuse grad. :p PSU grad here
Hear that the Gov of Pa is going to lobby PSU to leave the Big 11 and go the the BE? I would love to see SU and PSU playing football again. Oh..and please take Pasqualoni back. We're done with him :thumb:
Social D rocks. I would definitely love to catch them. See how they rate compared to Bad Religion live..that's the best show I've ever seen. It's amazing how tight they are.

Kraut
12-02-2004, 12:52 AM
Hear that the Gov of Pa is going to lobby PSU to leave the Big 11 and go the the BE? I would love to see SU and PSU playing football again. Oh..and please take Pasqualoni back. We're done with him :thumb:
Social D rocks. I would definitely love to catch them. See how they rate compared to Bad Religion live..that's the best show I've ever seen. It's amazing how tight they are.
Well my family lives in PA and the Gov there is a complete DICK. I wouldn't mind seeing PSU in the BE. I have enjoyed their stay in the Big Ten, but I miss the old rivals that the BE would bring back.

Brando
12-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Well my family lives in PA and the Gov there is a complete DICK. I wouldn't mind seeing PSU in the BE. I have enjoyed their stay in the Big Ten, but I miss the old rivals that the BE would bring back.
I could have cared less what our record was when I was a kid. Just as long as we beat PSU. Unfortunately most of the time we lost LOL

Kraut
12-02-2004, 12:55 AM
I could have cared less what our record was when I was a kid. Just as long as we beat PSU. Unfortunately most of the time we lost LOL
Yeah those days are long past for PSU. We need a change in Happy Valley. I love Joepa but he needs to step down and we need to move ahead. The recruiting is a nightmare at PSU IMO. Well at least we still have the best tailgating in college football :thumb:

Brando
12-02-2004, 01:00 AM
Yeah those days are long past for PSU. We need a change in Happy Valley. I love Joepa but he needs to step down and we need to move ahead. The recruiting is a nightmare at PSU IMO. Well at least we still have the best tailgating in college football :thumb:
Pasqualoni has followed his mentor into the toilet. At least you never lost to Temple :deevee:
I would think SU, WVU, Pitt, and PSU would have the makings of a nice core for a rust belt conference. There would at least be a lot of local interest.

Kraut
12-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Pasqualoni has followed his mentor into the toilet. At least you never lost to Temple :deevee:
I would think SU, WVU, Pitt, and PSU would have the makings of a nice core for a rust belt conference. There would at least be a lot of local interest.
I think your 100% right on that. I know many PSU fans still talk about how those old dog fights were with those teams you listed. Pitt is on the schedule coming up but it would be healthy to bring back those old rivals and soon.

Brando
12-02-2004, 01:06 AM
I think your 100% right on that. I know many PSU fans still talk about how those old dog fights were with those teams you listed. Pitt is on the schedule coming up but it would be healthy to bring back those old rivals and soon.
Once BC sinks into the toilet in the ACC the NE area should be ripe for a good recruit war too.

Kraut
12-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Once BC sinks into the toilet in the ACC the NE area should be ripe for a good recruit war too.
Oh yeah. There is some awesome talent in the NE. And yes BC is going down the tubes in the ACC. Can you imagine though, PSU basketball in the Big East? :deevee:

Frazod
12-02-2004, 01:12 AM

My wife's family is from the Syracuse area (Solvay).

Brando
12-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Oh yeah. There is some awesome talent in the NE. And yes BC is going down the tubes in the ACC. Can you imagine though, PSU basketball in the Big East? :deevee:
It might be the best thing for them. Might get them a high level coach that can build the program.

Kraut
12-02-2004, 01:17 AM
It might be the best thing for them. Might get them a high level coach that can build the program.
Your probably right. I do feel they are on the verge of breaking out and making it on the national stage.

Brando
12-02-2004, 01:25 AM
My wife's family is from the Syracuse area (Solvay).
No shit Solvay?? She admits it? LOL My first apartment was in Solvay. I lived by the State Fairgrounds. I went to Westhill which is Solvay's big rival in football. Solvay was were the factory workers lived back in the day and the rumor is that they used to eat cats there. Was always fun to tackle one of them and say, "nice run ya fuggin' cat eater."

Brando
12-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Your probably right. I do feel they are on the verge of breaking out and making it on the national stage.
:toast: Here's to PSU and the BE hopefully!

Kraut
12-02-2004, 01:28 AM
:toast: Here's to PSU and the BE hopefully!
:toast: Ahh yesss ....damn I wish college football was still playing ...I miss the tailgating already......and of course my pro team is too far :deevee:

Frazod
12-02-2004, 01:28 AM
No shit Solvay?? She admits it? LOL My first apartment was in Solvay. I lived by the State Fairgrounds. I went to Westhill which is Solvay's big rival in football. Solvay was were the factory workers lived back in the day and the rumor is that they used to eat cats there. Was always fun to tackle one of them and say, "nice run ya fuggin' cat eater."

Yeah, it's not terribly impressive. I've been there a couple of times. Even hit the state fair once. The best part of going there was heading north to the 1,000 Islands area. That was beautiful.

And I'll have to ask the inlaws about the cat thing. :D

Brando
12-02-2004, 01:34 AM
Yeah, it's not terribly impressive. I've been there a couple of times. Even hit the state fair once. The best part of going there was heading north to the 1,000 Islands area. That was beautiful.

And I'll have to ask the inlaws about the cat thing. :D
Mrs. Frazod is a Solvay chick..that is awesome. Next time you head up that way let me know. I'll point you in the direction of some good places to chow. Thousand Islands is beautiful. Try to make the drive up to Lake Placid. That's my favorite.

Brando
12-02-2004, 01:35 AM
:toast: Ahh yesss ....damn I wish college football was still playing ...I miss the tailgating already......and of course my pro team is too far :deevee:
If I were you I would adopt the Steelers for the rest of the season ;)

Frazod
12-02-2004, 01:40 AM
Mrs. Frazod is a Solvay chick..that is awesome. Next time you head up that way let me know. I'll point you in the direction of some good places to chow. Thousand Islands is beautiful. Try to make the drive up to Lake Placid. That's my favorite.

Well, technically she's second generation Solvay. Removed enough, apparently, not to eat cats, since we have two of them. :D

I hope to get back up there at some point. I'd love to check out the Adironacks (hope I spelled that right) - I've heard nothing but good things about the area. I really liked the Catskills, but about all I've seen of Upstate New York is the drive from NYC to Syracuse (through the Catskills with a pit stop in Cooperstown) and the 1,000 Islands area.

I'm out for the night. Later.

Brando
12-02-2004, 01:57 AM
Well, technically she's second generation Solvay. Removed enough, apparently, not to eat cats, since we have two of them. :D

I hope to get back up there at some point. I'd love to check out the Adironacks (hope I spelled that right) - I've heard nothing but good things about the area. I really liked the Catskills, but about all I've seen of Upstate New York is the drive from NYC to Syracuse (through the Catskills with a pit stop in Cooperstown) and the 1,000 Islands area.

I'm out for the night. Later.

Late man..now you've made me homesick. It's a beautiful place I just couldn't tolerate 160-200 inches of snow a year anymore.

philfree
12-02-2004, 02:22 AM
I haven't shopped a damned bit but I did sew the jingle bells on my daughters dance recital costume. It made me feel kinda Christmasy though. It was all good till the wife and daughter got in the same room but they are so much alike that I had to yell at them both for not getting along. IMO after I sewed the bells on they should have kissed my bells for being a great dad. I'll never expect that as an experience man but it would be nice :rolleyes:

PhilFree :arrow: