PDA

View Full Version : We Sign these 2 guys and than we should be in good shape !!!

royr17
12-02-2004, 08:25 AM
there are 2 guys who are out there who are non-probowlers who are solid enough and won't cost the farm to sign who i really think would make a huge difference in our team and upgrade 2 of our major weaknesses we have

1)gary baxter-cb-ravens, already have huge money tied up in their secondary with reed and mccalister they let him walk-he is big-6'2 a great bump and run physical tough corner we have lacked since we had james hasty 5-6 years ago-huge upgrade over bartee/mccleon and he and warfield would form a respectable duo and shift bartee back to nickel where he belongs

2)ed hartwell, LB-ravens-once again a physical solid tackling machine who can be a huge upgrade over mitchell/mas and bring some toughness to our LB corp-he is a great tackler and is very overshadowed behind lewis and suggs, but sign this guy if the chiefs arent gonna give Scanlon a chance in the middle

signing solid players like these 2 give us huge upgrades at 2 of our weakest positions and allows us to focus heavy on D in the draft

CosmicPal
12-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Any 2 guys we sign on to our defense would be an upgrade.

Anton
12-02-2004, 08:31 AM

Damn, I hope they sign ME then. :hmmm:

ROYC75
12-02-2004, 08:31 AM
ROFL Oh but how true !

Frankie
12-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Damn, I hope they sign ME then. :hmmm:

I'm a far better choice for the Chiefs. I'm great at getting out of the way of the receiver. That's the technique Giunta's teaching our DBs, isn't it? I'd do it for half of Woods' contract. Can you imagine the cap help there? Come on CP!

Anton
12-02-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm a far better choice for the Chiefs. I'm great at getting out of the way of the receiver. That's the technique Giunta's teaching our DBs, isn't it? I'd do it for half of Woods' contract. Can you imagine the cap help there? Come on CP!

I can see it now; they'd call us the "Dynamic Duo".....Anton and Frankie at CB! Although, I'd tryout for TE too....

Come on CP!

royr17
12-02-2004, 08:58 AM
We also need to get a DE, but i dont know of any guys out there that would be available ...

Frankie
12-02-2004, 09:00 AM
I can see it now; they'd call us the "Dynamic Duo".....Anton and Frankie at CB!

ROFL
I admit, the DB improvement will be only moderate that way, but at least Carl can save Lamar a lot of bucks.

Frankie
12-02-2004, 09:03 AM
We also need to get a DE, but i dont know of any guys out there that would be available ...

OK, I can play Hicks's position too and get blocked just as effectively. Another cap saving. I'll sign for half of his contract, Carl.

royr17
12-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Come on guys, quit playing games here, who are some good players that should be available this year at Defensive End, we got our starter in Jared Allen who plays on the right side but we need another player and dont think Wilkerson is ready just yet.

Frankie
12-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Come on guys, quit playing games here, who are some good players that should be available this year at Defensive End, we got our starter in Jared Allen who plays on the right side but we need another player and dont think Wilkerson is ready just yet.

I personally like to see Jason Taylor in the Chiefs uniform. Will he per chance be a FA?

Frankie
12-02-2004, 09:46 AM
I personally like to see Jason Taylor in the Chiefs uniform. Will he per chance be a FA?

Even more so (LB) Derrick Brooks.

el borracho
12-02-2004, 01:40 PM
if the chiefs arent gonna give Scanlon a chance in the middle
http://www.australianphotography.com.au/images/history/swim.jpg

JohnnyV13
12-02-2004, 09:12 PM
The best DEs that are prospective FA's are:

Darren Howard Saints
John Abraham Jets
Andre Carter 49ers
Chike Okeafor Seattle

Obviously, the prize is Abraham, who very well could be franchised. Darren Howard will be 29 by the time next season starts, and he's almost an upgraded Vonnie Holliday. Howard is much like Holliday, but a better pass rusher. He had 11 sacks as a rookie, but hasn't replicated that performance since. BUT, Howard does have 10.5 sacks in his last 16 games....but has missed 8 games in 03 and 3 games this season.

Carter had 12.5 sacks in 02, something like 6 last year...and was injured early this year. The big benefit of carter is he's young, he will be 26 next season.

BigChiefFan
12-02-2004, 09:24 PM
The Jets will probably franchise Abraham, but he would be my FA choice. I don't expect the Chiefs to go after that many FAs, especially top-tier FAs. I would like to see us go after Abraham, then maybe Baxter. I'm expecting two top-tier FAs maximum. It's just a matter of economics and Abraham won't come cheap.

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Chiefs tried to sign Chike Okeafor, but opted for Holliday.

alpha_omega
12-02-2004, 10:18 PM
I like the list of possibilities at DE, but...are any of these top flight FAs going to want to come here?

Count Alex's Wins
12-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Darren Howard would be freaking awesome.

BigChiefFan
12-02-2004, 10:23 PM
I like the list of possibilities at DE, but...are any of these top flight FAs going to want to come here?Money talks so the answer to your question is no. :p

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2004, 11:17 PM
2)ed hartwell, LB-ravens-once again a physical solid tackling machine who can be a huge upgrade over mitchell/mas and bring some toughness to our LB corp-he is a great tackler and is very overshadowed behind lewis and suggs, but sign this guy if the chiefs arent gonna give Scanlon a chance in the middleI love how a "a physical solid tackling machine" is Plan B behind giving an undrafted rookie a chance. ROFL

Rausch
12-03-2004, 01:18 AM
Eh....no thanks.

|Zach|
12-03-2004, 01:20 AM
I love how a "a physical solid tackling machine" is Plan B behind giving an undrafted rookie a chance. ROFL
Watch out comments like these get strung out into 100+ post threads.

Count Alex's Wins
12-03-2004, 01:24 AM
Watch out comments like these get strung out into 100+ post threads.

50+ post threads if you put Roy on ignore.

|Zach|
12-03-2004, 01:27 AM
50+ post threads if you put Roy on ignore.
I don't know why that Oracle of football knowlege even bothered to argue with a clown like me.

Scanlon has never even gotten a chance...

err...except for the off season program...
err...except for training camp...
err...except for pre season games...
err...except for practices...
err...except for SP team plays...

Ya, he hasn't gotten a shot. Thats my story and im sticking to it.

Ultra Peanut
12-03-2004, 01:51 AM
Watch out comments like these get strung out into 100+ post threads.STOP STICKING UP FOR RICH SCANLON!!!!!!!!

JUST GIVE EDGERTON HARTWELL A CHANCE!!!!!!

Rausch
12-03-2004, 01:53 AM
Last year we targeted depth. Perhaps this year we'll target talent....

Just a thought....

|Zach|
12-03-2004, 01:55 AM
STOP STICKING UP FOR RICH SCANLON!!!!!!!!

JUST GIVE EDGERTON HARTWELL A CHANCE!!!!!!
He is 3 for 30 from 3 point range.

Rausch
12-03-2004, 01:58 AM
He is 3 for 30 from 3 point range.

Well then, draft him as a Safety and convert him to TE. Problem solved...

LTownChief
12-03-2004, 02:15 AM
well Baxter wouldn't want to come here because DV would make it really clear that he would have to compete to start over Bartee or McCleon and I'm sure CP is content with the LBs

Spicy McHaggis
12-03-2004, 04:27 AM
On the Abraham note I believe the Jets just signed Ellis to a long term deal. Hopefully that means they'll let Abraham out the door as they have already invested a significant amount in one DE.