PDA

View Full Version : TIVO

IA_Chiefs_fan
12-02-2004, 01:00 PM
I currently have a Dishnetwork PVR receiver but am interested in the TIVO for the Season Pass feature. Where can I get the best deal and is this a wise decision?

John_Wayne
12-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Yes. Get a TiVo. You'll love it. Best Buy usually has really good prices, but they'll also match anyones lower price. Get the TiVo with the DVD burner. I just bought one. You'll love it.

Bwana
12-02-2004, 01:21 PM
I JUST got off the phone with diect TV and have one being installed the 21st. Should be a real thrill spliting two receivers. I have my HD Hughes receiver and high def dish, so now I will have a bunch of other crap around here. It will make the VCR go away though. I got this thing for $49.00 with a free install.

IA_Chiefs_fan
12-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Yes. Get a TiVo. You'll love it. Best Buy usually has really good prices, but they'll also match anyones lower price. Get the TiVo with the DVD burner. I just bought one. You'll love it.
What did it cost you? I looked at a DirectTV Tivo unit a couple years ago but didn't get it due to them requiring a phone line to be hooked up. I don't have a home phone, only cell. Does Tivo require a land line?

Herzig
12-02-2004, 01:27 PM
You can get a 70hr tivo at Circuit city for $99. I got one. These are one of the few things I would get the service plan for though, as I am currently on my 3rd tivo in just a little over one year.

dirk digler
12-02-2004, 01:34 PM
What did it cost you? I looked at a DirectTV Tivo unit a couple years ago but didn't get it due to them requiring a phone line to be hooked up. I don't have a home phone, only cell. Does Tivo require a land line?

I was going to get on too until I found out you have to have a phone line. From what I understand you just need it for the setup part and then TIVO updates from the satellite after that.

Here is great site for all things TIVO.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2004, 01:35 PM
TIVO rocks!

svuba
12-02-2004, 01:44 PM
No that the seasons basically over I can watch the Chiefs game in one hour with TIVO!

I don't waste a lot of time on the defense.....Then again neither do the Chiefs!