PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this has ever been brought up or not......

Deberg_1990
12-02-2004, 01:13 PM
But do you think that the Chiefs had had sucky drafts the past few years because of Terry Bradways departure?? It seems to me he has done a great job with the Jets in the draft.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/sns-ap-fbn-jets-bradway,0,3811872.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

Deberg_1990
12-02-2004, 01:46 PM
No one has any thoughts on this? Didnt this guy have a hand in some of our successful drafts in the eary 1990's??

Mr. Laz
12-02-2004, 02:00 PM
possible...

marty left
bradway left

= we suck

shear bad luck? Marty? Bradway? combination of both?

dunno... all we do know is that our "team" hasn't been good for years

Deberg_1990
12-02-2004, 03:35 PM
possible...

marty left
bradway left

= we suck

shear bad luck? Marty? Bradway? combination of both?

dunno... all we do know is that our "team" hasn't been good for years

Exactly! I have a feeling that Bradway was a pretty decent player personel guy/scout.

shaneo69
12-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Exactly! I have a feeling that Bradway was a pretty decent player personel guy/scout.

Yeah, I think Stiles and Kuharich came here after Bradway left in 2000.

But really, other than '96, the Chiefs drafts weren't all that great when Bradway was here between '93-'00. He also took a lot of heat from Jets fans when he let Chad Morton and Laveranues Coles get stolen as restricted free agents by the Redskins last year.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2004, 04:06 PM

But really, other than '96, the Chiefs drafts weren't all that great when Bradway was here between '93-'00. He also took a lot of heat from Jets fans when he let Chad Morton and Laveranues Coles get stolen as restricted free agents by the Redskins last year.

True, he did take some heat for that. But his drafts have been solid.

BigVE
12-02-2004, 07:35 PM

Hey, these guys havent really done much since they left so the money they saved by NOT re-signing them was a good thing. I remember dreading the fact that he left because I was pleased with his choices over-all. I dont remember the details but I think if you took a real close look at his last 4 or 5 drafts he did MUCH better than our last 4 drafts in my opinion.

Phobia
12-02-2004, 07:39 PM

Stiles has been here a long time. He took a brief vacation in St. Louis during the DV era, but returned....

Deberg_1990
12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Stiles has been here a long time. He took a brief vacation in St. Louis during the DV era, but returned....

Stiles and the scouts underneath him all need to take a walk. Along with a few of our coaches, namely Peter Giunta

morphius
12-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Maybe he was the reason we did so well at picking D for a while there, and can't now. Of course he could be the reason we couldn't draft O players for crap during that time.