PDA

View Full Version : We need Woodson, Bell and Peterson

Tuckdaddy
12-02-2004, 02:07 PM
and that's it. Would that not just be incredible? What an Off season that would be. Draft Rolle or Williams and we would own our division witthout a problem.

I am DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIII IIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!

ROYC75
12-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Woodson is a locker room cancer.....

The other 2 are banged up, what are they going to be like when healthy.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2004, 02:15 PM
still not sure if i want Woodson... especially considering the price he wants.

remember him publicly saying stuff about his head coach?

:shake: :shake:

would rather have McCalister

Saulbadguy
12-02-2004, 02:17 PM
I really don't think the term "locker room cancer" applies to a team that is 3-8. We need all the help we can get.

I remember people on here calling TO a locker room cancer. Yeah. I don't want him on our team. :spock:

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Woodson? No. Too many injuries to go with a bad attitude. We need a "killer" attitude on defense, not a "primadonna" attitude.

Bell? Maybe. Seems a little fragile, but a good player.

Peterson? ABSOLUTELY.

And just say no to Mike Williams...

tk13
12-02-2004, 02:47 PM
For those who were asking how Vermeil said people think every all-pro on the market wants to come to KC, I present exhibit A.... :)

Seriously though, I bet that's 50 million dollars in signing bonus money in those three guys, if not more. If Grant Wistrom is worth 14 million and Kearse is worth 20 then those three guys all might be worth 20 million in signing bonus a piece...

BigChiefFan
12-02-2004, 02:58 PM
The 3 injured amigos. No thanks. I might try for one of them, but not all 3.

shaneo69
12-02-2004, 03:02 PM
I think I'd rather have Jerry Porter and Gary Baxter.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:02 PM
For those who were asking how Vermeil said people think every all-pro on the market wants to come to KC, I present exhibit A.... :)

Seriously though, I bet that's 50 million dollars in signing bonus money in those three guys, if not more. If Grant Wistrom is worth 14 million and Kearse is worth 20 then those three guys all might be worth 20 million in signing bonus a piece...

Peterson will likely get $20-$25M all by himself. And he's worth it. Of those 3, he's the only one that's not OFT-injured. His injury this year was the first he's had -- it was an anomaly, not a trend.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:03 PM
I think I'd rather have Jerry Porter and Gary Baxter.

I'm not sure why anybody would want Jerry Porter, unless it's to come in and be a #2 for a #2 salary...

Tuckdaddy
12-02-2004, 03:03 PM
The 3 injured amigos. No thanks. I might try for one of them, but not all 3.

be injured next season as well?

Tuckdaddy
12-02-2004, 03:04 PM

Can sign all they want then we can get these 3 under cap.

shaneo69
12-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Peterson will likely get $20-$25M all by himself. And he's worth it. Of those 3, he's the only one that's not OFT-injured. His injury this year was the first he's had -- it was an anomaly, not a trend.

Yeah, but that Achilles tear is a tough one to come back from. I think it'll drive his price down to around $10 mil, but who knows? I don't remember the LB's getting big money last year in FA. I know Ian Gold was quite disappointed, and he was in a similar situation as Peterson.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:07 PM

That makes absolutely zero sense...

If you're insinuating that we could sign all 3 of them and fit them under the cap, you're either drunk or retarded...

htismaqe
Yeah, but that Achilles tear is a tough one to come back from. I think it'll drive his price down to around $10 mil, but who knows? I don't remember the LB's getting big money last year in FA. I know Ian Gold was quite disappointed, and he was in a similar situation as Peterson.

Ian Gold isn't anywhere near the player the Peterson is.

tk13
Yeah I totally agree he's worth it, I could see him getting that much if it's a "buyer's market" like everyone seems to think it will be. If I had to choose between Peterson and Kearse before last offseason, I'd have picked Peterson... I think you could make a good case he deserves more than Kearse did. I don't know what Woodson wants but I could see it being in the $15 mil range. Really I could see him wanting $20 million too so he can show up Champ Bailey.

BigChiefFan
12-02-2004, 03:08 PM
be injured next season as well?
Not necessarily, but there is a trend, especially with Woodson. When you are shelling out the kind of money these players will be seeking, it's a good idea to make sure they're healthy. I just think we can do better. Of the 3, I would go after Bell, because I don't think he will command as much as the other two players, but you have to admit the money these guys will command, it wouldn't be wise to throw at all 3 of them given their history of injuries. The point of paying them big bucks is to reap the rewards of their play. When they are injured, it's hard to reap those rewards. I also think it's a pipe dream to think that we could sign all 3 of these players in the off-season.

shaneo69
12-02-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure why anybody would want Jerry Porter, unless it's to come in and be a #2 for a #2 salary...

For two reasons......1) he made Champ look like a chump, and 2) Champ made our WR/TE's look like chumps.

I think he can be another Joe Horn.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:10 PM
For two reasons......1) he made Champ look like a chump, and 2) Champ made our WR/TE's look like chumps.

I think he can be another Joe Horn.

1) Lots of guys have made Champ look like a chump.

2) Lots of guys have made our WRs look like chumps.

I think he can be another Derrick Alexander...

tk13
12-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Quite possibly... I don't think it'd be a piece of cake though. I wasn't really talking about the cap as much as convincing three of the best and most pursued players on the market all deciding to go to one place. Fans forget that it's a two way street. Look at Hugh Douglas, or Troy Vincent, or Grant Wistrom... especially Wistrom. I really think Carl and DV thought we were going to get him, and Seattle knew that, so they gave him an obscene amount of money. You not only have to convince the player to come here you have to be able to avoid teams forcing you to extremly overpay like that for every single guy.

Brock
12-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Quite possibly... I don't think it'd be a piece of cake though. I wasn't really talking about the cap as much as convincing three of the best and most pursued players on the market all deciding to go to one place....

To Kansas City, no less.

shaneo69
12-02-2004, 03:17 PM
1) Lots of guys have made Champ look like a chump.

2) Lots of guys have made our WRs look like chumps.

I think he can be another Derrick Alexander...

According to MHM, only Chad Johnson, Peerless Price, and Jerry Porter have punked Champ this year. The first two guys are supposedly elite WR's, I think Porter can join that group.

Not only our WR's, but Champ also made Gonzo a non-factor from what I remember.

When you say he could be another DA, are you talking about the DA of 2000 who had 1400 yards, or the DA of 2001, who kept taking the sunshine out of DV's rainbow world?

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:23 PM
According to MHM, only Chad Johnson, Peerless Price, and Jerry Porter have punked Champ this year. The first two guys are supposedly elite WR's, I think Porter can join that group.

Not only our WR's, but Champ also made Gonzo a non-factor from what I remember.

When you say he could be another DA, are you talking about the DA of 2000 who had 1400 yards, or the DA of 2001, who kept taking the sunshine out of DV's rainbow world?

I don't view Peerless Price as an elite WR AT ALL. And yes, Porter made Champ look silly. Guys have bad games, even guys that play for the Denver Broncos. ;)

I'm just not convinced that the guy will ever emerge as a true #1 WR...

Ghostof
12-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Chiefs need more than has been players for the defense.

Chiefs need to get CP out of there.

Chiefs need to get DV out of there otherwise there wont be any changes next season.

Chiefs need to replace DV with Saunders..keep gunther on defense...pick up dave wanstedt for offense.

Draft all defense, keep all current people that are worth a damn on defense, trade or release everyone else.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Chiefs need more than has been players for the defense.

Chiefs need to get CP out of there.

Chiefs need to get DV out of there otherwise there wont be any changes next season.

You should have stopped there.

If you want change -- TRUE CHANGE -- why the **** would you keep Saunders when he's the one that's to blame for all of the assinine "pass on 1st and goal from the 3" and "pass on 3rd-and-inches" plays over the last 4 years?

GUT THEM ALL!

And if that wasn't bad enough, you mentioned "Dave Wannstedt" and "Chiefs coach" in the same sentence. You should be gutted.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-02-2004, 03:30 PM
and that's it. Would that not just be incredible? What an Off season that would be. Draft Rolle or Williams and we would own our division witthout a problem.

I am DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIII IIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!
This thread pretty much guarantees we won'tbe getting any of those players.

Oh, and I'd rather have McAlister than Woodson too.

Ghostof
Wasnt daves fault with the injuries and ricky leaving

what the hell would you do, that taeks the wind out of the offfense.

Look at the chiefs, 4 game slide...holmes out

we suck before, but with no holmes in the backfield, we are the dolphins

ChiefsCountry
Gary Baxter and Edgerton Hartwell is who we should sign.

shaneo69
12-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Chiefs need to replace DV with Saunders.....pick up dave wanstedt for offense.

OMG NO!!!!!!

shaneo69
12-02-2004, 03:34 PM

I'm sure Saunders will leave once he is turned down as next Chiefs head coach. I'd move Solari up to OC to keep the offense running smoothly.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:35 PM

Look at the chiefs, 4 game slide...holmes out

we suck before, but with no holmes in the backfield, we are the dolphins

Did you conveniently forget Dave's stint in Chicago? And did you conveniently forget that Dave Wannstedt HAS NEVER BEEN AN OFFENSIVE COACH?

Prior to head coaching jobs in Miami and Chicago, he was a defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.

As for taking the wind out of the offense, you're right. It hinges on Priest Holmes, NOT Al Saunders.

Ghostof
12-02-2004, 03:40 PM
Wasnt Daves fault in Chicago either.

Bears havent had in team for a few years.

Ghostof
12-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Dave is alot better than most people think or give him credit.

htismaqe
12-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Wasnt Daves fault in Chicago either.

Bears havent had in team for a few years.

OK, so you're giving him a free pass, even though he's been a head coach with 2 different teams, over a period of several years, and the results are consistent. It's not right, but I'll let you do it.

It still doesn't dismiss the fact that you're recommending we hire, for offensive coordinator, a guy who has spent THIRTY YEARS as a DEFENSIVE coach...

Rausch
12-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Why would anyone want Porter over Marvin Harrison?

go bowe
12-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Why would anyone want Porter over Marvin Harrison?i don't want either one...

we need dense, er... degenerate, er... defensive players...