PDA

View Full Version : Nose-Blowing Techniques

Donger
12-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I've never found an effective nose-blowing technique that clears my nose without having some boogers end up on my shirt.

An effective nose-blow requires that there be a certain amount of space between the tissue and the nose. For me, this invariably leads to the errant "booger-on-the-shirt."

I'm not one to just squeeze a nostril and blow. While effective, it's not exactly polite. Then again, neither is walking around with boogers on one's shirt.

So, suggestions?

FloridaChief
12-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Forget the tissue altogether. Just projectile-vomit that nostril-nasty in a downward motion and let it run down your filthy legs...

Baby Lee
12-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I've never found an effective nose-blowing technique that clears my nose without having some boogers end up on my shirt.

An effective nose-blow requires that there be a certain amount of space between the tissue and the nose. For me, this invariably leads to the errant "booger-on-the-shirt."

I'm not one to just squeeze a nostril and blow. While effective, it's not exactly polite. Then again, neither is walking around with boogers on one's shirt.

So, suggestions?
Whip out a lobster bib and let fly.

booger
12-02-2004, 06:10 PM
get one of them little blue turkey baster looking things that they use for babies to suck boogers out of their nose.

Ralphy Boy
12-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Just pick it already and be done with it. Of course, the problem is once you start picking it's hard to stop.

I like the thumb pick with the four other fingers covering the nose to camoflauge the pick.

4th and Long
12-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Forget the blowing and just use your finger.

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_mar2004/HazardsOfNosePicking.jpg

Now that's a clean nose!

4th and Long
12-02-2004, 06:14 PM
get one of them little blue turkey baster looking things that they use for babies to suck boogers out of their nose.
How can you argue with a guy named booger? ROFL

booger
12-02-2004, 06:15 PM
How can you argue with a guy named booger? ROFL

I know. Time to pick a different one.

Donger
12-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Whip out a lobster bib and let fly.

I don't like seafood.

MonroeChief
12-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Phenorqueling - Fee nork' qeull ing

This is the method used by farmers. Gently place two fingers on the outside of the left nostril. While aiming nose hole away from your shirt, blow like a m****er f***er. Repeat for second side. Errant boogers should hang from the nose. Take a tissue and wipe away. In case you have no tissue or hanky, wipe nose on your sleeve.

Reference: Not Necessarily the News; sniglets.

Originated by Ron Nilssen and his co-worker. Neither of them survived the ridicule that was found while they were demonstrating the technique.

If it worked for them.....

Taco John
12-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Forget the tissue altogether. Just projectile-vomit that nostril-nasty in a downward motion and let it run down your filthy legs...

Dammit... Someone already beat me to the unwashed legs joke...

Donger
12-02-2004, 06:22 PM

This is the method used by farmers. Gently place two fingers on the outside of the left nostril. While aiming nose hole away from your shirt, blow like a m****er f***er. Repeat for second side. Errant boogers should hang from the nose. Take a tissue and wipe away. In case you have no tissue or hanky, wipe nose on your sleeve.

Originated by Ron Nilssen and his co-worker. Neither of them survived the ridicule that was found while they were demonstrating the technique.

Good lord. I've already stated that the old, "press and blow" methodology was not polite.

booger
12-02-2004, 06:24 PM

AKA

Farmers blow or
Snot rocket.

2bikemike
12-02-2004, 06:32 PM
AKA

Farmers blow or
Snot rocket.

I have been known to use the farmers hanky!

booger
12-02-2004, 06:35 PM
I have been known to use the farmers hanky!

:thumb:
Git R Done

Saulbadguy
12-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I use the one nostril approach. It may be loud, but its necessary. If its a stubborn booger, jam the finger up there and pick it out.

Bowser
12-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Dammit, Donger! My frickin' nose won't stop itching now! :cuss:

Skip Towne
12-02-2004, 07:22 PM
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.

go bowe
12-02-2004, 07:39 PM
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.well, if you wait til he's passed out... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Iowanian
12-02-2004, 09:16 PM
I can't believe how many of you don't partake in the "one finger Turbo".

Plug one side, and shoot a snot rocket for distance.

Quick, Effective, Environmentally Friendly..........Unless you're in Abercrombie and Fitch

Saulbadguy
12-02-2004, 09:22 PM

Plug one side, and shoot a snot rocket for distance.

Quick, Effective, Environmentally Friendly..........Unless you're in Abercrombie and Fitch
Thats ok if you have solid matter, but if there is any liquidy substance, that shiot gets everywhere.

Iowanian
12-02-2004, 10:55 PM
You just must not be a very accomplished 1 finger Turbo'er.

The Kid that makes your soy-salads at that society restaraunt you like sure is........He's seasoning your food regularly.

Count Alex's Wins
12-02-2004, 11:04 PM
I've never gotten any boogers on my shirt when blowing my nose. I blow my nose quite a bit, however. I'm something of an obsessive-compulsive when it comes to blowing noses.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-02-2004, 11:27 PM
a garden hose & a blond

KcMizzou
12-02-2004, 11:47 PM

Plug one side, and shoot a snot rocket for distance. ROFL

I learned that in 7th grade football. I try not to do it in public, though...

beavis
12-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Donger, out of curiosity, do you have running water in your house?

Iowanian
12-03-2004, 09:46 AM
ROFL

I learned that in 7th grade football. I try not to do it in public, though...

Its not something do do at the mall Food Court for sure.........but if you're on a tractor and the allergies kick in, or hunting in the cold with that or your sleeve as an option.......... Look out Finger, Look out Gums, One big thrust and here it comes.

gochiefs........its not blowing your nose thats getting the jibblets on your shirt........its blowing Hose.

yunghungwell
12-03-2004, 10:42 AM
With our without tissue, I have to make that focker honk. Somehow the vibrations seem to help loosen those stubborn sumbitches.

seclark
12-03-2004, 11:11 AM
the wife’s dish towels seem pretty absorbent.
sec