View Full Version : question: what is "rep?"

LTownChief
12-03-2004, 01:39 AM
I always see after a post

rep

what does that mean?

|Zach|
12-03-2004, 01:40 AM
It is like the internet version of herpes.

David.
12-03-2004, 01:41 AM
mmmm herpes

tk13
12-03-2004, 01:41 AM
You have quite a bit of it... it's those green boxes next to your post count. Those are your "reputation points". Click on your "Profile" button on the top of the screen and you can scroll down and see your rep comments people have given you... green is positive/red is negative. If you want to give somebody reputation for a post, click on the "talking head" button next to the "edit" button. The more posts and rep you have, the more "points" you can give or take away from somebody's account.

Rausch
12-03-2004, 01:43 AM

GAH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO!1!

|Zach|
Ali Chiefs has dedicated his life to it. I would ask him.

|Zach|
GAH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO!1!
Why do you think I turned mine off? ROFL

tk13
12-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Yeah, I'm the Tommy Morrison of the Planet... I know I'm diseased but I keep giving it out unprotected, gradually killing off society.

|Zach|
12-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I'm the Tommy Morrison of the Planet... I know I'm diseased but I keep giving it out unprotected, gradually killing off society.
Slut.

Rausch
12-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Why do you think I turned mine off? ROFL

I should have known. All those years of unprotected cyber-sex... :deevee:

Rausch
12-03-2004, 01:46 AM

Uh, you mean Jim Morrison?

'Cause Tommy Morrison couldn't get laid after like, 97...

tk13
12-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Uh, you mean Jim Morrison?

'Cause Tommy Morrison couldn't get laid after like, 97...
Sure he could. I saw it on TV one time a few years back... him and his wife claimed to do it unprotected all the time, consequences be damned. Maybe he was just lying, I don't know why he'd lie about that though....

Rausch
12-03-2004, 01:49 AM
Sure he could. I saw it on TV one time a few years back... him and his wife claimed to do it unprotected all the time, consequences be damned. Maybe he was just lying, I don't know why he'd lie about that thoug....

Is she still alive?...

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 01:49 AM
Sure he could. I saw it on TV one time a few years back... him and his wife claimed to do it unprotected all the time, consequences be damned. Maybe he was just lying, I don't know why he'd lie about that thoug.... Yes, that was messed up. That woman was insane. Even more so than him....

Rausch
12-03-2004, 01:50 AM
Yes, that was messed up. That woman was insane. Even more so than him....

Which is why they're divorced....

LTownChief
12-03-2004, 01:50 AM
You have quite a bit of it... it's those green boxes next to your post count. Those are your "reputation points". Click on your "Profile" button on the top of the screen and you can scroll down and see your rep comments people have given you... green is positive/red is negative. If you want to give somebody reputation for a post, click on the "talking head" button next to the "edit" button. The more posts and rep you have, the more "points" you can give or take away from somebody's account.

oh I see, thanks

tk13
12-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Is she still alive?...
Yeah I think so. I did a quick Yahoo search, couldn't find anything that wasn't about a year old but apparently they had a baby last year through some kind of special technique and the kid turned out HIV-negative....

digi2fish
12-03-2004, 02:01 AM
oh, no
not again...
:banghead:

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:02 AM
Yeah I think so. I did a quick Yahoo search, couldn't find anything that wasn't about a year old but apparently they had a baby last year through some kind of special technique and the kid turned out HIV-negative....
Thank God for that... morons.

Special technique?

digi2fish
12-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Thank God for that... morons.

Special technique?

haven't seen you for a while, Brandon.

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:05 AM
haven't seen you for a while, Brandon.
Yeah, I pulled a "Fraz" and got hooked on a game.

Good to see ya.

digi2fish
12-03-2004, 02:06 AM

Good to see ya.

you missed some G n'R threads...

|Zach|
12-03-2004, 02:08 AM

Good to see ya.
http://www.nancydrewsleuth.com/secretscankill.jpg

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:09 AM
http://www.nancydrewsleuth.com/secretscankill.jpg

That one'd probably too tough for me.

|Zach|
12-03-2004, 02:12 AM
That one'd probably too tough for me.
Whatcha been playing?

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Whatcha been playing?
World of Warcraft. Great game, but I always find myself wanting to do oooone more thing before I log out...

Count Alex's Losses
12-03-2004, 02:16 AM
World of Warcraft. Great game, but I always find myself wanting to do oooone more thing before I log out...

I once played Star Wars Galaxies for 24 hours straight. I didn't eat and drank only ice water.

They took the servers down at 6 am every day for maintenance...that ended my session many nights.

Fairplay
12-03-2004, 02:16 AM

A buddy of mine is playing that, trying to talk me into buying it. He just gave me the manuel for it just minutes ago to check out. Doubt if i'll get it though.

|Zach|
12-03-2004, 02:17 AM
ROFL

I enjoyed the old Warcraft but have not touched the series since. Sounds like it is multiplyer based, no?

digi2fish
12-03-2004, 02:17 AM

you and Frazod are on it?

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:18 AM
ROFL

I enjoyed the old Warcraft but have not touched the series since. Sounds like it is multiplyer based, no?
Yeah, it's a MMORPG based in the warcraft world. Every other game was real-time strategy. I'd never played any of them till Warcraft 3, and I loved that. I'm an RPG geek.. so I had to have this.

Fairplay
12-03-2004, 02:19 AM
My friend who plays it is a Paledin, he says if he could start over again he'd be an elf cause they can conjur up cool animals to fight with, also they run real fast.

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:19 AM
you and Frazod are on it?No.. I don't know anyone else who has it. I getting it for my lil' bro for christmas though.

Fairplay
12-03-2004, 02:22 AM
Hey KCMizzou, i was reading the manuel for it, and it says after you kill a monster there will be a sparkle of light over it meaning you can go loot it. If someone was an elf, you could just stay back while someone fights the monster then run up, take the loot and scamper off, that would be a cool trick.

digi2fish
12-03-2004, 02:24 AM
just took a peek on some websites
they're not even selling it in Taiwan...

LTownChief
12-03-2004, 02:26 AM
is this game all online like everquest? I want to get this, but I have no sound on my comp right now

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:27 AM
Hey KCMizzou, i was reading the manuel for it, and it says after you kill a monster there will be a sparkle of light over it meaning you can go loot it. If someone was an elf, you could just stay back while someone fights the monster then run up, take the loot and scamper off, that would be a cool trick. Heh.. nah. Whoever attcks first "tags" the creature.. only they can get the loot. If you're in a party with someone you split it...

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:27 AM
is this game all online like everquest? yeah

Fairplay
12-03-2004, 02:30 AM
It says in the manuel if you die you become a ghost and you have to ask the spirit dude for your life back but lose a significant amount of points in the process, have you ever "died" Kc?

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:34 AM
It says in the manuel if you die you become a ghost and you have to ask the spirit dude for your life back but lose a significant amount of points in the process, have you ever "died" Kc? Heh.. yeah, lots of times.

When you die, you can walk back an find your corpse. If you do that, there's no penalty. If you ask the spirit thingy to ressurect you, everything in your inventory and all your equipment is hit with 25% damage.

I usually just run back. Your corpse is marked on your map, the ghost is really fast... and you can even walk on water. It's usually worth it.

Fairplay
12-03-2004, 02:39 AM
What kind of character to you have?

Fairplay
12-03-2004, 02:41 AM
My friend who plays says hes getting his cooking skills down, makeing fire that kind of stuff right now.

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 02:43 AM
What kind of character to you have? level 14 human warlock... (that's my main one...) They summon demons and use poison/corruption type spells. You can drain an enemy's soul, and if they die while you're doing it.. you get a "soul shard". Which you use to create other things.. like health stones, or summon higher level demons.

Good lord.. it's a good thing everyone here already knew I was a geek.
ROFL

I sounds really bad, but it really is amazingly fun.

Fairplay
12-03-2004, 02:54 AM
So what characters to you recommend to us newbies if we started the game, which characters seem pretty good? The human Warlock i presume, for one.

Fairplay
12-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Hey KcMizzou, 46 more and you level out your warlock.

KcMizzou
12-03-2004, 03:02 AM
So what characters to you recommend to us newbies if we started the game, which characters seem pretty good? The human Warlock i presume, for one. Geez, tough to say.. I'm new at it myself. I played through the first few levels with several characters and just found myself playin one more than the others. I still go back and mess around w/ the others.. it takes a lot longer to level once you get past lvl 8 or 9.

digi2fish
12-03-2004, 03:14 AM
yo, Brandon, clean up your private message box, I can't send pm to you because you exceeded the quota.

Fairplay
12-03-2004, 03:33 AM
yo, Brandon, clean up your private message box, I can't send pm to you because you exceeded the quota.

Because hes a popular dude.