PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Eric Clapton Crossroads Concert

KC Kings
12-03-2004, 04:28 PM
This is a couple days late, as it aired on Wednesday and isn't on the schedule to be replayed for at least the next 2 weeks, but dis anybody catch this on PBS? http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/shows/guitargods/

They showed it on 19 and on PBS-HD, and it was fricking awesome! With the HD and surround sound it was unbelievable. The best performance was Robert Cray. I have heard a lot of his stuff, but he was always just an above average blues guitarist/singer. He sang "Time Makes Two" off of his latest album, (Time Will Tell 2003), and he was amazing.

They have it on sale for $29.99 at BB and CC, and progressive scan will be almost as good as HD so I am going to ask for it for Christmas. I will also be going to Ameristar in May to see Robert Cray in concert, because if he is half as good in KC as he was in Dallas, the $20 ticket price will be a steal.

Miles
12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
I badly wanted to go to that concert was it was in Dallas last summer. The linup of great guitar players was unbelievable.

Thanks for the heads up I didnt realize there was a DVD release of it and will probably pick it up around christmas. The DVD may not be HD but the sound quality should be better and thats what counts on a music disc.

Whit HOG
12-03-2004, 06:10 PM
It was absolutlely amazing. Seeing it on PBS made me realize how much of a once in a lifetime experience it was. Myself and a couple of buddies bumped in to Eric Clapton as we were walking around the guitar vendor hall. He was a very humble man. I also saw Robert Cray in Fayetteville, AR back in April. What a presence he has on stage. Flawless guitar player.

The player that suprised me the most was John Mayer. I had no idea he had the blues in him. Apparently he hangs out with Buddy Guy all of the time.

JW

alpha_omega
12-03-2004, 06:38 PM
The player that suprised me the most was John Mayer. I had no idea he had the blues in him. Apparently he hangs out with Buddy Guy all of the time.
JW

Agreed.

teedubya
12-03-2004, 08:07 PM
yeah, i caught it, and tivo'd it... cuz im badazz.