PDA

View Full Version : HOT STOCK- GET IN NOW!!!!

Hog Farmer
12-03-2004, 06:57 PM
:thumb: GREAT STOCK- DOUBLED MY MONEY IN 30 DAYS- SIRIUS SATTELITE RADIO (SIRI) JUMP IN THE WATERS FINE!!!!!

arrowheadrocks
12-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I rode the Sirius train as well. Made a quick and dirty profit. I do see it peaking fairly soon though. At least by years end.

2bikemike
12-03-2004, 07:09 PM
I did the same thing with Nextel. My money has quadrupled. I bought when they bottomed out.

CosmicPal
12-03-2004, 07:10 PM
OK...GAWDDAMMIT...LET ME PUT DIS BEER DOWN AND BREAK OPEN MY DAMN PIGGY BANK. I'M GETTING TO IT! HOLD THE HELL ON, MAN. WAIT MAN, I GOTTA GET MY SUIT ON SO I CAN JUMP IN DA WATER, MAN. AH SHIT WHERE'S MY DAMN SUIT. WAIT, MAN, THERE'S MY PIGGY BANK. GIVE ME A HAMMER. QUICK! CMON, MAN, GIVE ME A HAMMER! AHHH SCREW IT, I'M DRINKING ANOTHER BEER.

Braincase
12-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Hog Farmer is promising to cover all losses X2.

Ari Chi3fs
12-03-2004, 07:17 PM
i bought shitloads of this stock a year and a half ago at a little over a buck a share. This is good news for daddy.

KChiefs1
12-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Here's another one....LINEX.

It's the stuff they spray on truck liners to protect them, but what they have found is that if sprayed on concrete walls that it protects them from blasts such as bombs & such....

Most buildings from now on will have this sprayed on them...

Boozer
12-03-2004, 07:29 PM
All the real money is in OPTI-GRABs.
http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/al/2peripherals/opti-grab.jpg

Bwana
12-03-2004, 07:41 PM
The last "Hot stock" tip I went in on, cost me 5 grand.

LTownChief
12-03-2004, 07:42 PM
would you buy it at 6 or 7 though?

Hydrae
12-03-2004, 07:46 PM
All the real money is in OPTI-GRABs.
http://www.gamesfirst.com/articles/al/2peripherals/opti-grab.jpg

Damn you Navin Johnson! :cuss:

http://www.armory.com/~taz/burningman/2002/art_cars/images/tim_crosseyed.jpg

Ari Chi3fs
12-03-2004, 07:49 PM
if you were wise, people.. you would look into stocks of fuel cell technology for mobile devices.

I like MKTY... but Im not a stock broker but what do I know?

http://www.mtimicrofuelcells.com/ check it.

Miles
12-03-2004, 07:55 PM
The last "Hot stock" tip I went in on, cost me 5 grand.

Yeah by the time they reach "hot tip" they stock has usually alread had their gain.

Those of you looking at Sirius be carful. It has gone up quit a bit over the past few months but the financial numbers on it make it look pretty risky but does have some potenially nice growth prospects.

OmahaChief
12-03-2004, 08:42 PM
You want a real tip invest in companys that have a high yield dividend and play long term. Don't take cash dividends, re-invest and watch your money grow. T

Boozer
12-03-2004, 09:44 PM
Folding your bills in half is a safe way to double your money.

http://images.iconica.com/wb133/screen/06488000396B.jpg

Otter
12-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Voice over IP providers are my investment at the moment.

They are slowly but steadily rising and should continue to in the next couple years. All you have to do is figure out who's going to come out on top once the wannabes are out of the picture.

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 04:58 PM
sirius is over 9 bucks... most of the market lost... Sirius was up over 1.32 a share at one point today. ended up +.92 today.

Nortel on the news of on the receiving end of a 3 billion dollar wireless upgrade by by sprint. Lucent got 1.5 and Nortel got $1 bill.. so I watch each of those in the next week or so.

I made several hundred bucks today while most of the market lost.

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 05:11 PM
You want a real tip invest in companys that have a high yield dividend and play long term. Don't take cash dividends, re-invest and watch your money grow. T

I've been big into dividend stocks lately. It's been working out well, even on a short term basis. I sure got killed today, though.

KC Jones
12-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the tip - I'll be watching it closely to see when to short it.

:D

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 08:41 PM
what exactly is "Shorting"... i dont quite understand that principle yet.

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 08:43 PM
what exactly is "Shorting"... i dont quite understand that principle yet.

You "borrow" stock from a brokerage house and sell it, with the unbreakable promise that you'll buy it back and replace it later. You only do that if you think that the stock is going to go down in price, in which case you're selling it high and then buying it back low.

If it goes up, you're screwed, because you have to buy it back within a certain time no matter how much it goes up.

Boozer
12-07-2004, 08:45 PM
You "borrow" stock from a brokerage house and sell it, with the unbreakable promise that you'll buy it back and replace it later. You only do that if you think that the stock is going to go down in price, in which case you're selling it high and then buying it back low.

If it goes up, you're screwed, because you have to buy it back within a certain time no matter how much it goes up.

Don't forget that you have to pay interest while you're "borrowing" the broker's shares. Even if you buy it back at the same price you "shorted" it, you still lose. It's highly risky, which means you can make a shitload, but also lose a shitload. Such is life.

Joe Seahawk
12-07-2004, 08:46 PM
If I sell my JDS uniphase, I might be able to afford 1 share of sirius.. :rolleyes:

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 08:49 PM
that sounds damn risky. heh. hrmm... but the rewards could be huge.

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 08:53 PM
If I sell my JDS uniphase, I might be able to afford 1 share of sirius.. :rolleyes:

Ohmigod, don't even mention the name of that company. I'm going to have to work an extra year before retirement because of that disaster.

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 09:30 PM
so what kind of dividend stuff do you currently do, Kevin?

Bowser
12-07-2004, 09:35 PM
What I want to know is who was smart enough to drop a couple of grand into K-Mart about this time last year. Has anyone seen what that stock is worth now that they have bought Sears?

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 09:45 PM
no shit... 100$ investment would be over 10G's now. Man. sadness. bro.

But Im really looking at the stock market as a game. Im gonna play it daily... and keep track of shit... Im playing www.virtualstockexchange.com give you a million bucks to invest with. I made 45,000 today. heh

check this::: [ i dont know the validity btw ]

Sirius is to create an accessory for the iPod that will allow a current iPod owner to add satellite radio to their little white box, let's call it the iSatellite.

If they can keep the cost of the iSatellite below $100 I think that a lot of current iPod owners would make the investment because satellite radio would be an awesome addition to any iPod. I am sure that they can integrate the satellite receiver into the iPod operating system so that everything can be run through the same interface that the iPod already uses. With this solution everybody wins. People with iPods can also have satellite radio, and Sirius can tap into the large iPod owning population for subscriptions to its service.

unlurking
12-07-2004, 09:46 PM
If anyone does by SIRIUS, watch the news carefully.

There are rumors floating around that the new iPods will have SIRIUS built-in. If so, that news will over-inflate the value based on the iPod name quite a bit. I would expect a huge surge. Watch it carefully and dump and move on. The PR in terms of stock value when mentioing iPod in the same sentence will put it at peak it won't be able to sustain long.

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 09:53 PM
my hunches were right... i bought Apple stock around 14-19... and sirius at 1.82

if only Kmart has been on my radar screen. Id be driving a much nicer car. Regardless, im gonna become a badass investor... its a game, right? Im good at games. I just need more research...

That is why i have been thinking of an Investment Challenge for 2005. We all help each other get rich. Like Hobowars only with real cash.

Boozer
12-07-2004, 10:03 PM
What I want to know is who was smart enough to drop a couple of grand into K-Mart about this time last year. Has anyone seen what that stock is worth now that they have bought Sears?

KCWolfman.

jAZ
12-07-2004, 10:08 PM
What are the odds that Hog Farmer is running around pimping Sirius on every message board he can find.

His posts read like the OTC stock offers I get in my junk mail folder.

:shake:

Bowser
12-07-2004, 10:14 PM
KCWolfman.

No shit? I thought he looked a little too happy at Joe's place.... :hmmm:

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 10:56 PM
another reason to dislike Russ. heh.