PDA

View Full Version : Message to Gunther

bricks
12-03-2004, 08:55 PM
hey, i know the Chiefs defense has taken a lot of critcicism, heat the past 4 years. Last season Greg Robinson was used as a scapegoat, for our defense. Figuring the co-ordinator was the one to blame, it has become clear and evident that the players seem to be the problem. Now, Gunther we would say your not the problem, we know what you've done here in KC in the past with the players you once had. We know what you can do IF Carl goes out and finds you the right talent. We have faith in you :thumb: we know you like Winston Churchill, and use his quotes as a way of motivation. Here's my favorite Winston Churchill quote to you:

"the further backward you are to look, the more forward you are likely to see."
-Winston Churchill-

Good luck to you Gun, all the best in rebuilding the Kansas City Chiefs defense for 2005, the way you want it to be build. :thumb:

Logical
12-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Nice thought but if you really want to support Gunther, start praying for the miracle it would take to rebuild this defense with Carl Peterson as GM.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Nice thought but if you really want to support Gunther, start praying for the miracle it would take to rebuild this defense with Carl Peterson as GM.

Got any reason to believe that CP can't get it done?

How well did he do in 1989 when he came to the Chiefs? Remember
72-88?

shaneo69
12-03-2004, 09:16 PM

Well, 16 years of no Super Bowls pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Gunn, can you get Warfields suspension in this season? Carl won't get you 2 new CBs. thanks

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Well, 16 years of no Super Bowls pretty much tells me all I need to know.

Again I as, how many different teams made the playoffs and eventually to the SB?

Of those 16 years, how many of them were years that the Chiefs finished over .500?

Check out the years between '72 and '88. You can complain now, but to those of us that lived through that time you are blowing smoke. At least those last 16 years were mostly years that there was opportunity. From '72 to '88 the Chiefs made ONE post season appearance.

How many in the past 16 years?

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Again I as, how many different teams made the playoffs and eventually to the SB?

Of those 16 years, how many of them were years that the Chiefs finished over .500?

Check out the years between '72 and '88. You can complain now, but to those of us that lived through that time you are blowing smoke. At least those last 16 years were mostly years that there was opportunity. From '72 to '88 the Chiefs made ONE post season appearance.

Alot has changed in 16 years like the salary cap. What that means is every team is now on a level playing field, back in the 70's and 80's that wasn't true so comparing then to now is comparing apples to oranges. Also the NFL has exploded in the past 16 years, Carl said he had a 5 year plan to get us to the Super Bowl and failed. You can spin all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that he's failed 16 times in a row now.

Logical
12-03-2004, 09:56 PM

72-88?

As much as I hate Marty I am going to throw that credit his direction. Carl has done nothing but colossally fail after Marty, last year was a fortuitous abberation.

Logical
12-03-2004, 10:01 PM

One more time

1988 San Fran and Cincinnati 2
1989 Denver 3
1990 New York Giants and Buffalo 5
1991 Washington Redskins 6
1992 Dallas Cowboys 7
1993 No one new from this list
1994 San Diego Chargers 8
1995 Pittsburgh Steelers 9
1996 New England Patriots 10
1997 No one new from this list
1998 Atlanta Falcons and Minnesota Vikings 11
1999 St Louis Rams and Tennesse Titans 12
2000 Baltimore Ravens 13
2001 No one new from this list
2002 Oakland Raiders 14
2003 Carolina Panthers 15

Yup 15 different teams, just one shy of the entire NFL have been during Carl's reign of failure. Several teams have fell apart and been rebuilt to go back during that time such as Denver, Giants, and Patriots. Hell even one expansion Franchise has been during Carl's 16 year 5 year plan.:shake:

I have been a fan since 1965 and lived through those years (sharing season tickets the entire time) and still will not agree with you.

Otter
12-03-2004, 10:19 PM
I don't think anyone in their right mind can blame Gun at this point in the game.

The blame lies solely on whoever made the decision not to upgrade the offense to the point where it could compensate for the defense and/or not upgrading the defense so it could improve.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 10:25 PM
One more time

I have been a fan since 1965 and lived through those years (sharing season tickets the entire time) and still will not agree with you.

I've got you by two years, I started on the ground floor. 1963.

I cannot put the blame totally on CP. I've seen draft picks that were supposed to be great and didn't jell. Dan Marino was in the draft when we got Todd Blackledge. Numbers weren't that great in college, but did wonders in Miami. (Still no SB for them while he was there)

CP is just the best target for all of the guys that can't handle the "instant society". Fast food, Fast cars, Fast Superbowl turnarounds. Ain't gonna happen Mildred.

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 10:32 PM

I cannot put the blame totally on CP. I've seen draft picks that were supposed to be great and didn't jell. Dan Marino was in the draft when we got Todd Blackledge. Numbers weren't that great in college, but did wonders in Miami. (Still no SB for them while he was there)

CP is just the best target for all of the guys that can't handle the "instant society". Fast food, Fast cars, Fast Superbowl turnarounds. Ain't gonna happen Mildred.
It isn't just about this year, it's about the 15 years prior to it and mainly the last 7 years. We have had 1 playoff appearance in 7 years. ONE!!! Even for Carl ass kissers it's hard to dispute that one playoff appearance in 7 years is abyssmal.

BTW, I didn't see any response about the salary cap coming into play, which I believe is a very valid point.

Logical
12-03-2004, 10:45 PM

Actually you are wrong on Marino, the Dolphins went to the Super Bowl with him as the QB his second year losing to SF 38-16.

the Talking Can
12-03-2004, 10:45 PM

12 years without a playoff victory and CP isn't responsible?

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Actually you are wrong on Marino, the Dolphins went to the Super Bowl with him as the QB his second year losing to SF 38-16.

My mistake. The point was that back then the GM had the option to pick Marino and didn't. Is that Still Carl's fault?

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 10:52 PM
12 years without a playoff victory and CP isn't responsible?

That is exactly the point I'm trying to make. How can something like that be attributed to one person? It isn't logical to assume that one person could cause that performance.

CP is just the Whipping Boy for those of you that can't handle losing.

I know, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Well, none of the fans calling for CP to be fired could be mistaken for a sports figure that knows how to lose, none of them like it, but they endure it.

When the players go to the press and say that CP lost the game for them, then you will have a bunch of losers. Do ya get my drift?

Logical
12-03-2004, 10:53 PM
My mistake. The point was that back then the GM had the option to pick Marino and didn't. Is that Still Carl's fault? I will repeat

All that proves is that Lamar Hunt does not really care about championships and is negligent in managing his franchise.

Logical
12-03-2004, 10:55 PM
That is exactly the point I'm trying to make. How can something like that be attributed to one person? It isn't logical to assume that one person could cause that performance.

I know, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Well, none of the fans calling for CP to be fired could be mistaken for a sports figure that knows how to lose, none of them like it, but they endure it.

When the players go to the press and say that CP lost the game for them, then you will have a bunch of losers. Do ya get my drift?

Carl Peterson is responsible for running the team therefore he is responsible for the teams failures. It is that simple. He should have been replaced after 1998.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:01 PM
I will repeat

All that proves is that Lamar Hunt does not really care about championships and is negligent in managing his franchise.

So now it's Lamar's fault?

You gotta choose who you are going to blame.

Face it, you are mad because your team has not played like you would like them to, either that or the other teams just want it more.

We are just fans, our opinions are of the type that will not change anything. If you really want to make a difference, buy Lamar and Clark out and fire Carl and do it your way.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Carl Peterson is responsible for running the team therefore he is responsible for the teams failures. It is that simple. He should have been replaced after 1998.

That is so cliche it smells all the way down here.

The captain has to go down with the ship, right?

Just in case you haven't heard, he might be the guy that takes the heat, but he isn't the one failing here. It's the team and the coaches.

You want to fire them? Go ahead. Once you buy the team it will be your perogative to do so, until then shut up and take it like the rest of us!!

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 11:05 PM

So failing for 16 years isn't losing? Blame it on the fans, for being frustrated, thanks Gretz. Yea, 16 years isn't near enough time to realize it isn't working. I swear some must think we are stupid and you sound like Bob Gretz or Rufus Dawes, we're Chiefs fans we know football.

BTW, I noticed you avoided the valid points I brought up, Hmmmmmmmmmm.

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 11:07 PM

Just in case you haven't heard, he might be the guy that takes the heat, but he isn't the one failing here. It's the team and the coaches.

You want to fire them? Go ahead. Once you buy the team it will be your perogative to do so, until then shut up and take it like the rest of us!!
Yea the captain ALWAYS goes down with the ship, but not Queen Carla. He's the only man in history to watch the ship take on water and he's in the emergency boat waving to the crewmen. Not going down with the ship when you are the Captain is blasphemy.

Logical
12-03-2004, 11:08 PM
So now it's Lamar's fault?

You gotta choose who you are going to blame.

Face it, you are mad because your team has not played like you would like them to, either that or the other teams just want it more.

We are just fans, our opinions are of the type that will not change anything. If you really want to make a difference, buy Lamar and Clark out and fire Carl and do it your way.

Actually you are wrong I was ragging on Carl the entire offseason and the second half of last season, ask anyone here that is not a n00b.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:08 PM
So failing for 16 years isn't losing? Blame it on the fans, for being frustrated, thanks Gretz. Yea, 16 years isn't near enough time to realize it isn't working. I swear some must think we are stupid and you sound like Bob Gretz or Rufus Dawes, we're Chiefs fans we know football.

BTW, I noticed you avoided the valid points I brought up, Hmmmmmmmmmm.

So, are you wearing a bag over your head these days?

I still wear my Chiefs gear with pride.

As for thinking you are stupid, that's for you do decide. I just think you are whining about something you have no control over.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Actually you are wrong I was ragging on Carl the entire offseason and the second half of last season, ask anyone here that is not a n00b.

So it's just a love hate relationship. You love the Chiefs and hate Carl Peterson.

If the Chiefs get a new GM how long will you give him before you slam his performance?

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 11:16 PM
So, are you wearing a bag over your head these days?

I still wear my Chiefs gear with pride.

As for thinking you are stupid, that's for you do decide. I just think you are whining about something you have no control over.
Obviously I have no control, otherwise Carl would be long gone. The one thing that I can control is telling the Chiefs I'll be sitting at home not spending thousands of dollars every year on their product, if they continue to take us for granted and do little in return. Hey, I can buy $8 beers anywhere. As for the stupid comment, I said some must think we are stupid, implying we aren't. Not real hard to figure out, Gretz.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Obviously I have no control, otherwise Carl would be long gone. The one thing that I can control is telling the Chiefs I'll be sitting at home not spending thousands of dollars every year on their product, if they continue to take us for granted and do little in return. Hey, I can buy $8 beers anywhere. As for the stupid comment, I said some must think we are stupid, implying we aren't. Not real hard to figure out, Gretz.

You need to change your moniker to Little Whiney Chiefs Fan.

If you were in control the Chiefs probably would have moved to LA by now. I hear that is what they are trying to do anyway. After all, KC isn't a football town.

Logical
12-03-2004, 11:29 PM
So it's just a love hate relationship. You love the Chiefs and hate Carl Peterson.

If the Chiefs get a new GM how long will you give him before you slam his performance?

I have learned my lesson 5-7 years unless his teams are having a run like Philly with a ton of playoff wins but no SB.

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 11:31 PM
You need to change your moniker to Little Whiney Chiefs Fan.

If you were in control the Chiefs probably would have moved to LA by now. I hear that is what they are trying to do anyway. After all, KC isn't a football town.
Yea, I'm a little whiny Chiefs fan because I pay thousands of dollars a year to help support the franchise and expect a little more. The ****ing president of the United States gets maximum 8 years to get his policies established and yet the allmighty, can do nothing wrong Carl gets 16 plus years and nothing to show for it. Yea, I should be a lemming like the Chiefs PR machine wants. Sorry, I give a shit about my team and when I believe they aren't giving it their all, I'll call bullshit everytime.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Yea, I'm a little whiny Chiefs fan because I pay thousands of dollars a year to help support the franchise and expect a little more. The ****ing president of the United States gets maximum 8 years to get his policies established and yet the allmighty, can do nothing wrong Carl gets 16 plus years and nothing to show for it. Yea, I should be a lemming like the Chiefs PR machine wants. Sorry, I give a shit about my team and when I believe they aren't giving it their all, I'll call bullshit everytime.

I've had season tickets since '72. What's your point?

Two teams of 32 go to the superbowl. If you can't handle the odds, by all means give up your season tickets and let someone that wants to be there have the opportunity.

What you don't understand is that the waiting list for season tickets is long enough to resell just about the whole stadium in a two year span.

Is your little sacrifice going to change things? NO!! Will that mean that you no longer have access to one of the best sporting venues in the country? YES. You get to choose......shut up and choose.

shaneo69
12-03-2004, 11:40 PM
What you don't understand is that the waiting list for season tickets is long enough to resell just about the whole stadium in a two year span.

You obviously believe everything the KCChiefs propaganda machine tells you.

There were people on this forum who put their name on the list this offseason and were immediately given season tickets.

philfree
12-03-2004, 11:40 PM
I cliked on this thread thinking I would read about the D and Gun ect.....
What do I find? The same old crap! Carl blah, blah, blah......

I pointed this out yesterday on a thread about Guna and the D. Gun promised one thing and that was that we would stop the run. The last 9 games we've held teams to and AVG of less then 100 ypg. I applaud him for that. :clap: Yeah Gun!

PhilFree :arrow:

Logical
12-03-2004, 11:42 PM
I cliked on this thread thinking I would read about the D and Gun ect.....
What do I find? The same old crap! Carl blah, blah, blah......

I pointed this out yesterday on a thread about Guna and the D. Gun promised one thing and that was that we would stop the run. The last 9 games we've held teams to and AVG of less then 100 ypg. I applaud him for that. :clap: Yeah Gun!

Woop de friggen do, when the other team can average almost 400 yards a game in the air why run the ball?

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 11:43 PM
I've had season tickets since '72. What's your point?

Two teams of 32 go to the superbowl. If you can't handle the odds, by all means give up your season tickets and let someone that wants to be there have the opportunity.

Is your little sacrifice going to change things? NO!! Will that mean that you no longer have access to one of the best sporting venues in the country? YES. You get to choose......shut up and choose.
If you believe I'm the only one that is upset with the Chiefs,then maybe you should see the Carl Peterson poll and see that 85% of just the people on this board think it's time for a change, imagine what the rest of the fans are saying. The majority isn't pleased-just tune in to sports radio.
BTW, the waiting list for season tickets is just more propaganda. I've been to the open to the public practice at Arrowhead and they were pimping season tickets. In fact they even had the actual AVAILABLE seats marked for reference. How can you have a waiting list and still have AVAILABLE season tickets for sale? You can't.

philfree
12-03-2004, 11:43 PM
There were people on this forum who put their name on the list this offseason and were immediately given season tickets.

All that means is that there are more season ticket holders now then there was before. We're up to 85-90% season ticket holders. Somehow I don't think Lamar is gonna axe CP ever.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:44 PM

So you are saying the printed list I saw was in error? I am so humbled!!!! How could I have believed something that was published?

Believe what you want.

Logical
12-03-2004, 11:45 PM

True enough. The ability to get premium seats is still almot impossible, but you definitely could get seats last year without having been on a waiting list.

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 11:45 PM
So you are saying the printed list I saw was in error? I am so humbled!!!! How could I have believed something that was published?

Believe what you want.See post #34. It's just more propaganda from the untouchables. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:46 PM
True enough. The ability to get premium seats is still almot impossible, but you definitely could get seats last year without having been on a waiting list.

I have known people that have gotten tickets to games, premium seats. But to buy Season Tickets for most any seat isn't as easy as being reported.

philfree
12-03-2004, 11:46 PM
How can you have a waiting list and still have AVAILABLE season tickets for sale?

They limit the number of season tickets available to the public that's how.

Logical
12-03-2004, 11:47 PM

Believe what you want.

Actually two different writers that follow the Chiefs (I believe it was Teicher and Carter) wrote about the fact there was no longer a waiting list. There was even a comment that it was possible that all the season tickets would not sell. The 13-3 record solved that problem but I severely doubt it created a new 70 thousand seat waiting list.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:48 PM
See post #34. It's just more propaganda from the untouchables. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

So you are saying that you have an inside view of what is really happening?

I have an insider that gives me the straight poop on occasion. Hasn't been wrong yet. Probably never will!!

I would believe my contact over yours any day.

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 11:51 PM
So you are saying that you have an inside view of what is really happening?

I have an insider that gives me the straight poop on occasion. Hasn't been wrong yet. Probably never will!!

I would believe my contact over yours any day.
Well your insider doesn't know what he's talking about because I've witnessed season tickets for sale. Like I said they had the seats marked for reference. You believe what you want, but I know what I'm saying is a FACT.

MonroeChief
12-03-2004, 11:55 PM
Well your insider doesn't know what he's talking about because I've witnessed season tickets for sale. Like I said they had the seats marked for reference. You believe what you want, but I know what I'm saying is a FACT.

Bunk!!

I'll let you argue by yourself for the rest of the night, I'm going home.

BigChiefFan
12-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Bunk!!

I'll let you argue by yourself for the rest of the night, I'm going home.
Righty-O. I've witnessed it with my own two eyes, but you keep on drinking the kool-aid, okay?

MonroeChief
12-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Righty-O. I've witnessed it with my own two eyes, but you keep on drinking the kool-aid, okay?

So you are saying my two eyes don't match yours?

What a putz/

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 12:09 AM
So you are saying my two eyes don't match yours?

What a putz/ You said you had a source. Which is it? Your own two eyes they witnessed no season tickets available or your source telling you?
I KNOW what I witnessed in person and I saw season tickets that were available to purchase. Like I said, believe what you want-I don't have to argue the point, I saw it with my own two eyes, first hand. Others during this discussion have told you they knew people who got season tickets their 1st year,too, but you don't want to buy that either. I don't need to prove it to you and I'm sure as hell not going to keep going over it, when I witnessed it first hand.

philfree
12-04-2004, 12:16 AM
They limit the number of season tickets available to the public that's how.

I guess I should have also said that almost every year they increase the number of season tickets available. :shrug: Don't matter though cause BCF ignores facts like that when I post them. Well most people around here really :rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 12:24 AM
I guess I should have also said that almost every year they increase the number of season tickets available. :shrug: Don't matter though cause BCF ignores facts like that when I post them. Well most people around here really :rolleyes:

PhilFree :arrow:Throwing daggers when not being attacked? Oh well. Look, I respect you and your posts, but if there is a waiting list, then why wouldn't those waiting be contacted to purchase those "new" season ticket openings, instead of them having seats available to the general public on a first come, first serve basis? A waiting list would indicate those seats are spoken for. It can't be both ways. I know what I saw and I'm not budging because I would be lying if I said differently.

greg63
12-04-2004, 02:02 AM
Speaking as one who relentlessly bashed Greg Robinson last year for our inept Defense, I do concede that he was not the entire problem. KC clearly needs to get the defensive talent necessary to become the dominate "D" powerhouse once again. Having said thus, I am not willing to give Robinson a free pass and apology, because I do believe the fact of the matter is that his defensive schemes are too complicated and are ineffective regardless of defensive personnel. We went 13-3 last year not because of outstanding defensive play, but because of a light schedule and good offence/special teamís play. I believe that Robinson ducking out, and the re-acquisition of the Gun was still the right thing to do.

philfree
12-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Throwing daggers when not being attacked? Oh well. Look, I respect you and your posts, but if there is a waiting list, then why wouldn't those waiting be contacted to purchase those "new" season ticket openings, instead of them having seats available to the general public on a first come, first serve basis?

I wasn't throwing daggers. I just joined in this thread to add my perspective and possibly a different prospective. But the reason they have seats open to the general public is two fold. One they always want to leave at least a small chance that the common fan can get tickets to see his favorite team. And two is that alot of the seats available to the general public are either single seats or nose bleed. Those seats don't sell so well. I've had two seats together for 5 years but I get them second hand so they're marked up. Last year I purchased a Five Game Pack because there's three in our family and we all three go to the games sometimes and my daughter likes to take a friend when she goes. And when the girls don't want to go I take my buds. Anyways after the seasaon was over I gotta call wanting to know if I would like to have those two five game ticket seats as season tickets. I said yes of course. Those two seats aren't together though. Same section but not together. I don't know if many folks want two seats if they aren't together. Once I can upgrade and get those two seats together where I want I'm dropping the other seats. They cost to much..........................My wife has interupted me typing this for about and hour so I have no clue where it all started. :) I still love her.

Rausch
12-04-2004, 03:06 AM
.............My wife has interupted me typing this for about and hour so I have no clue where it all started. :) I still love her.

ROFL

Manila-Chief
12-04-2004, 05:22 AM

It has been reported in the Star that Carl has the last say on draft picks. So, do you mean you are saying he is not responsible???

Big Chief is correct ... you can't compare the years before Kingless arrived. Not only is there a salary cap ... there is now Free Agency ... and just how well has Kingless done in that???

I'm not so much upset that he didn't sign any last off season ... but that he didn't even try. He went on vacation. It's just possible that had he signed a couple or 3 D play makers that .... trying to get this back to the thread ... that Gun would have had the talent he needs to get the job done and we would not be having this argument!!!

It's time for Carl to go!!! I'd like to keep Gun to work with the new H.C. but that is not likely to happen ... new G.M. and H.C. usually bring in their own guys.

We will have the status quo next year. So, I hope Gun gets the talent he needs to help us win????

Frankie
12-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Good luck to you Gun, all the best in rebuilding the Kansas City Chiefs defense for 2005, the way you want it to be build. :thumb:

Rebuilding the 'D' coaching staff would help Gun too..... A LOT!!

Frankie
12-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Gee, I've now read most of the posts on this thread. Anytime now the mods will have to move it to the DC forum!

gblowfish
12-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Its been interesting to me how quiet Gun has been in the press. You really haven't heard a peep out of him while the defense has dropped to 30th in the league (I think that's right...30th?). I wonder if part of his deal to come back and be DC was to wear a muzzle....leave the media circus up to Grandpa Dick, Rufus Dawes, King Carl and Bob "the mouthpice" Gretz. If so, that's too bad, because Gun would usually speak his mind...and lots of times that got him in trouble with his handlers.

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Agreed.

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 12:27 PM

72-88?
It has been a downward spiral ever since.

Peterson hasn't won any playoff games since Montana.

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 12:34 PM

Yes, I remember those years between 72-88. Just rooting for a win, in any way shape or form at any time during the year, even against the shittiest teams.

That is why I am extremely disappointed this year. It reminds me of a lot of chit. They had me believing again there for a second.
:shake: Pityful.

go bowe
12-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Rebuilding the 'D' coaching staff would help Gun too..... A LOT!!now THAT'S a good point!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

bricks
12-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Firing Peter Giunta would be a good start.

BigMeatballDave
12-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Nice thought but if you really want to support Gunther, start praying for the miracle it would take to rebuild this defense with Carl Peterson as GM.Amen...

BigMeatballDave
12-04-2004, 01:30 PM
How ANYONE can defend Carl, at this point, must be on crack... :shake:

bricks
12-04-2004, 01:32 PM
I know, I know, a lot of you are down on Carl and so am I, on the fact Carl is here as our GM, and it won't change at least for now. But, IF we draft in the top 5, that's pretty much a blue chip player we are getting. even a dumbo like Carl can't mess that up, and IF he does I'll be surprised. the player I covet is Antrel rolle from Miami. wait a minute, I don't know if we'll draft this kid, he is a can't miss player, especially to fill our needs on defense. what makes me think we won't draft this kid, is that, he doesn't fit DV's profile :rolleyes: , and knowing how the Chiefs feel about corners, and how they claim it is a patient position to learn. I doubt we draft him. Especially since we are in a win now situation.

Logical
12-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Firing Peter Giunta would be a good start.

Actully firing just about all of D-coaches under Gun and letting him have his chance to select his own would be a thing I think is mandatory. But as you say Giunta would be a good start.

Mr. Laz
12-04-2004, 01:36 PM

and i wonder why?

you should really get a job with the chiefs PR dept. You make that spokesman from Iraq look positively "genious" :rolleyes:

if you want to be a cheerleader ... fine, it's all good :thumb:

but please don't pretend like your opinions are based of facts and
logic ... it's insulting.

Logical
12-04-2004, 01:38 PM
and i wonder why?

you should really get a job with the chiefs PR dept. You make that spokesman from Iraq look positively "genious" :rolleyes:

if you want to be a cheerleader ... fine, it's all good :thumb:

logic ... it's insulting.

He might be an improvement on the cows they hire as Chiefs cheerleaders. :D

Frankie
12-04-2004, 01:59 PM
now THAT'S a good point!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Rep worthy? ;)

Frankie
12-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Actully firing just about all of D-coaches under Gun and letting him have his chance to select his own would be a thing I think is mandatory. But as you say Giunta would be a good start.

Exactly my point. All of our 'D' position coaches (some more than others) need to be replaced. We have a great offensive staff. But a fresh start in the coaching staff is badly needed. And, like you say and I have said many times, Gun needs to have a lot of say in who is brought in to work under him (As long as it's not Kurt Schottenheimer).

Rausch
12-04-2004, 02:10 PM
How ANYONE can defend Carl, at this point, must be on crack... :shake:

Just cigarettes, alcohol, and Lorazepam....does that count?

Rausch
12-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Exactly my point. All of our 'D' position coaches (some more than others) need to be replaced. We have a great offensive staff. But a fresh start in the coaching staff is badly needed. And, like you say and I have said many times, Gun needs to have a lot of say in who is brought in to work under him (As long as it's not Kurt Schottenheimer).

Boom! Capture, selection only, save as "postIAgreedW/frankie"

Frankie
12-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Boom! Capture, selection only, save as "postIAgreedW/frankie"

Oh, YOU LOVE ME!!.... YOU REALLY LOVE ME!!!

go bowe
12-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Oh, YOU LOVE ME!!.... YOU REALLY LOVE ME!!!ok, sally...

calm down now...

MonroeChief
12-04-2004, 03:50 PM
It has been a downward spiral ever since.

Peterson hasn't won any playoff games since Montana.

I didn't know that Peterson had that much influence on the field. Is he calling the defensive plays now?

philfree
12-04-2004, 04:34 PM

Please then correct me and tell us what the facts are in relation to what I posted.

philfree
12-04-2004, 04:35 PM
but please don't pretend like your opinions are based of facts and I have only one response to that nlm