PDA

View Full Version : KC Star Chiefs Notes 12/4: Stoops visits practice

tk13
12-04-2004, 04:05 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/10335936.htm

CHIEFS NOTES

GREEN LIKELY TO START

Quarterback Trent Green, who took a couple of shots to the rib cage in last week's loss to the Chargers, practiced for the first time this week Friday and appears ready to make his 60th straight start Sunday at Oakland.

On Thursday, Green said he would feel good enough to play as long as he was able to get in at least one full practice leading up to a game. During Friday's workout, Green made all of the usual throws and didn't show any signs of obvious discomfort.

“Trent was fine,” Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said. “He said he felt good.”

Vermeil stopped short of saying that Green is a lock to start Sunday. Vermeil said he wanted to consult with his assistant coaches and the team doctors first and make a final decision today. Green's streak of consecutive games started streak is the longest by a quarterback in Chiefs history.

STOOPS AT PRACTICE

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops caught the end of Friday's practice and spent a few minutes with former Sooners Jimmy Wilkerson and William Bartee.

INJURY UPDATE

Running back Priest Holmes (knee), linebacker Monty Beisel (calf), defensive end Vonnie Holliday (groin) and safeties Greg Wesley (hamstring) and Jerome Woods (knee) did not practice and will not play. Defensive tackle Junior Siavii, who has missed the last four games because of an ankle injury, practiced and will play Sunday. Siavii, the team's second-round draft pick, recorded seven tackles and a sack as a reserve the first seven games.

— Ivan Carter/The Star

Demonpenz
12-04-2004, 04:19 AM
Stoops later said "WTF are you playing Corner bartee, your barely fast enough to be a saftey"

NewChief
12-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Any word on Kris Wilson?

Getting Siavii back is a good thing. I want to see these young bastards getting major PT.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 07:26 AM
So Stoops is going to be our new HC? Great, this is the way it started with DV.

suds79
12-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Any word on Kris Wilson?

Getting Siavii back is a good thing. I want to see these young bastards getting major PT.

Yeah espicially Siavii. Call me crazy but I just believe this guy has a chance to be really good.

The guy's 345 lbs. I assume he's strong. All he's got to do is just take up space and get his big butt in the way.

Braincase
12-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Stoops later said "WTF are you playing Corner bartee, your barely fast enough to be a saftey"

"And try snagging a pick, ya bastard!"

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 08:27 AM
"And try snagging a pick, ya bastard!"
Did Stoops remove the bolt from Bartee's neck while he was there?

Lancetastic
12-04-2004, 10:50 AM
*Obligatory Bartee sucks post*

Brando
12-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Did Stoops remove the bolt from Bartee's neck while he was there?
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

go bowe
12-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah espicially Siavii. Call me crazy but I just believe this guy has a chance to be really good.

The guy's 345 lbs. I assume he's strong. All he's got to do is just take up space and get his big butt in the way.the chief's site lists him as 336, but that's still a very big man...

and he moves well and is very athletic for a d-lineman, let alone someone his size...

with more coaching, better technique and some more experience, i think he will end up being a good 2nd round pick for us...

KCJake
12-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Any word on Kris Wilson?

Wilson had a set-back last week. Hurt his ankle in practice.

Logical
12-04-2004, 01:47 PM
After watching the Chiefs practice Stoops was heard to say "I think I would prefer to be playing them in the Big 12 Championship over Colorado."

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 01:51 PM
After watching the Chiefs practice Stoops was heard to say "I think I would prefer to be playing them in the Big 12 Championship over Colorado."
That game might be closer than we think. Back in the early 70's the College All Star team played the SB Champs. I remember one year it was a good game.

Ari Chi3fs
12-04-2004, 01:54 PM
That game might be closer than we think. Back in the early 70's the College All Star team played the SB Champs. I remember one year it was a good game.

that would be awesome to check out.

Rausch
12-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Wilson had a set-back last week. Hurt his ankle in practice. :banghead: