PDA

View Full Version : Who is KU thrashing today?

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Are there any other good games today? Is Norf Cackalackie on TV today?

the Talking Can
12-04-2004, 10:14 AM
MU plays Oakland....should be a blowout....(you know the punchline)...

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 10:14 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Pacific play KU in the first round of the NCAA tourney last year?

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 10:16 AM
BTW, @11 is Notre Dame @ Michigan, should be a decent game on ESPN. Although, I don't know WHY they decided to show that vs Kentucky @UNC.

On ESPN 2 at 1 is Illinois @ Arkansas...both teams undefeated.

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 10:17 AM
MU plays Oakland....should be a blowout....(you know the punchline)...
Im interested in the outcome of this game. Kansas State plays Oakland on monday.

the Talking Can
12-04-2004, 10:20 AM
BTW, @11 is Notre Dame @ Michigan, should be a decent game on ESPN. Although, I don't know WHY they decided to show that vs Kentucky @UNC.

On ESPN 2 at 1 is Illinois @ Arkansas...both teams undefeated.

the UNC/UK game isn't televised nationally?

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 10:23 AM
the UNC/UK game isn't televised nationally?
Not from what I see. Instead we get Notre Dame vs Michigan, which should be a GOOD game, but not near as good as Uk vs UNC.

the Talking Can
12-04-2004, 10:25 AM
according to ESPN the game is on CBS at noon...but it probably depends where you live....I can't believe this wouldn't be a national game

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 10:26 AM
according to ESPN the game is on CBS at noon...but it probably depends where you live....I can't believe this wouldn't be a national game
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/scoreboard

Ah..I didn't check the CBS listings. Thanks.

AeroSquid
12-04-2004, 10:27 AM
UKvsUNC is on CBS at 11 am :)

the Talking Can
12-04-2004, 10:31 AM
oops, right...12 Eastern

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 10:34 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Pacific play KU in the first round of the NCAA tourney last year?
Yes, yes they did. Pacific has a win over Santa Clara this year as well. I need a site for the Top 25 rankings and one for the betting lines.

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 10:40 AM
http://www.bodog.com/sports-betting/ncaa-college-basketball.jsp

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 10:50 AM
http://www.bodog.com/sports-betting/ncaa-college-basketball.jsp
Thanks, that site looks good. You got one for the Top 25?

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Sure don't. I just googled that. I'm sure there are more.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Sure don't. I just googled that. I'm sure there are more.
Well don't just sit there, go google me up one.

Brando
12-04-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm going to the game today. I will be two rows off the floor. A buddy of mine from work is trying to convert me from being such a rabid SU fan.
That isn't going to happen but my tolerance of the Hawks might grow a little.
I certainly hope that Ali can appreciate that.
First ND messageboards..now this!

the Talking Can
12-04-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm looking forward to this game, first chance to size up UK...and see if UNC can keep their egos in check long enough to accomplish something this season

they looked like crybabies against Indiana....terrible focus

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Well don't just sit there, go google me up one.
Whats wrong? The WebTV all out of juice?

Brando
12-04-2004, 11:08 AM
My grandmother uses Web TV in her nursing home. It better not be all out juice for Skip's sake.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 11:16 AM
I see no reason to exert my brain when I have lackeys around to do it for me. Now, get to work!

ROYC75
12-04-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm going to the game today. I will be two rows off the floor. A buddy of mine from work is trying to convert me from being such a rabid SU fan.
That isn't going to happen but my tolerance of the Hawks might grow a little.
I certainly hope that Ali can appreciate that.
First ND messageboards..now this!

Chiefs 1st, Scanlon 2nd, Now :KU: :thumb:

I knew you would come around ! :clap:

To an earlier poster, yes KU played Pacific last year, was a close game untill the 3 minute mark left to play, KU pulled away.

This will be there toughest opponet to date today.

ROYC75
12-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Revenge motive: Pacific's players remember last year's 78-63 loss to KU in a second-round NCAA Tournament game in Kemper Arena at Kansas City, Mo.

"We want revenge from last year," Pacific guard Jasko Korajkic told the Stockton (Calif.) Record. "It's going to be cool to play at their place and a challenge to see how good we are."

Forward Christian Maraker told the Record, "We're pretty confident. We realized last year we can play with these teams. They're not giants. They're college basketball players. They're just like us. They're human."

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Chiefs 1st, Scanlon 2nd, Now :KU: :thumb:

I knew you would come around ! :clap:

To an earlier poster, yes KU played Pacific last year, was a close game untill the 3 minute mark left to play, KU pulled away.

This will be there toughest opponet to date today.
Tougher than the Ichabods? KU is favored by 19.

DJay23
12-04-2004, 11:48 AM
KU beat Illinois-Chicago in the first round last year, Pacific in the second round. Pacific beat Providence to get to the second round.

Pacific went 17-1 in their conference last year. People laugh when they see names like Vermont, Pacific, St. Joe's, Nevada, and Wisconsin-Milwaukee on the schedule, but none of them would be surprises to win their conferences and make it to the tourney again this year. As "cupcakes" go they're awfully tough.

the Talking Can
12-04-2004, 11:50 AM
UK has some player who looks like he has Manute Bol for arms....seriously, each arm is like 7 feet long

DJay23
12-04-2004, 11:57 AM
UK has some player who looks like he has Manute Bol for arms....seriously, each arm is like 7 feet long
They said he has a 9 foot wing span.

Lzen
12-04-2004, 01:09 PM
KU beat Illinois-Chicago in the first round last year, Pacific in the second round. Pacific beat Providence to get to the second round.

Pacific went 17-1 in their conference last year. People laugh when they see names like Vermont, Pacific, St. Joe's, Nevada, and Wisconsin-Milwaukee on the schedule, but none of them would be surprises to win their conferences and make it to the tourney again this year. As "cupcakes" go they're awfully tough.

Yep. According to the RPI, KU's schedule is ranked #1 by far. But that could change as the ranking is based on all the teams on your schedule, even the ones you have yet to play. Either way, these guys aren't patsies by any means.

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Can any MUtts update us on the MU game?

I see 3-2 MU with 16:00 to go in the first half.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
They said he has a 9 foot wing span.
He has wings? Is that legal?