12-04-2004, 12:28 PM
On CBS.

DJay23
12-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Go Army!
Beat Navy!

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 12:30 PM
The Army Navy bastards had a Golf tournament here yesterday at one of the military Golf Courses. They took up the North course leaving everybody else to play the south course. That combined with a frost delay and I had to wait about an Hour and a half to do a walk on.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm rooting for Army in the first half and Navy in the second. Hey, I can do that. It's Saul's thread.

DJay23
12-04-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm rooting for Army in the first half and Navy in the second. Hey, I can do that. It's Saul's thread.
ROFL

Saulbadguy
12-04-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm rooting for Navy. Got a buddy in the Navy..and none in the Army.

DJay23
12-04-2004, 12:42 PM
I never served, but my dad, both of his brothers, my mom's brother, and my dad's dad all served in the U.S. Army. My other grandpa was in the Navy, and I've got a couple buddies and an uncle in the Marine Corps.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 12:47 PM
I never served, but my dad, both of his brothers, my mom's brother, and my dad's dad all served in the U.S. Army. My other grandpa was in the Navy, and I've got a couple buddies and an uncle in the Marine Corps.
Do you know why they put Marines on Navy ships?

DJay23
12-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Do you know why they put Marines on Navy ships?
why is that?

ChiefsCountry
The last decent college football game left.

2bikemike
I will be pulling for the Navy since I was in the Navy. However I do like Bobby Ross Armies HC.

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Navy missed a 24 yd FG.

R&GHomer
12-04-2004, 01:08 PM
GO ARMY! Kick some squid azz! :p

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 01:15 PM
why is that?
Sheep would be too obvious.

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 01:21 PM
TouchDown Navy!

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 01:35 PM
14-0 Navy!

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 01:42 PM
On CBS.
Go Army, my Dad was in the Army.

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 01:42 PM
14-0 Navy!
Dammit Carl. :cuss:

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 01:43 PM
How come the Marines don't have a team? huh? can ya tell me huh? can you huh?

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 01:48 PM
How come the Marines don't have a team? huh? can ya tell me huh? can you huh?

Because they are a department of the Navy.

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Navy Intercepts and goes to the house untouched. 21-0 Navy!

R&GHomer
12-04-2004, 01:57 PM
I think I'm going to be sea sick. :Lin:

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 01:59 PM
I think I'm going to be sea sick. :Lin:

Well the seas are getting heavier. The waves are crashing over the decks. Navy is driving with 3 minutes to go.

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 02:01 PM
TouchDown Navy! 28-0

R&GHomer
12-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Football really sucks for me this year.

chiefs4me
12-04-2004, 02:06 PM
I guess I don't care who wins,,even though I was in the army. But dam what a spanking those boys are getting.

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Well the seas are getting heavier. The waves are crashing over the decks. Navy is driving with 3 minutes to go.
You are enjoying this WAY too much man.

ROFL

chiefs4me
12-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Football really sucks for me this year.

Especially when your a chiefs fan,,:banghead:

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Army scores just before the half. 28-7 Navy

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 02:11 PM
You are enjoying this WAY too much man.

ROFL

I am just trying to enjoy one football game this weekend. Not so sure I will get so much enjoyment tomorrow. :cuss:

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 02:28 PM
I am just trying to enjoy one football game this weekend. Not so sure I will get so much enjoyment tomorrow. :cuss:
I will get no enjoyment.

I believe I will be blacked out. There is just no way I can justify the time and the 60 bucks to go to the Black pisswater.

Network associates Coliseum is tolerable in the Summer with about 20 to 30 K fans scattered throughout.

I cannot even immagine the place with 70 K people there. It would be a nightmare. The Bart ramp is just as wide as it was 25 years ago when the place only seated 50 K.

Im out and thats it.

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 02:33 PM
I will get no enjoyment.

I believe I will be blacked out. There is just no way I can justify the time and the 60 bucks to go to the Black pisswater.

Network associates Coliseum is tolerable in the Summer with about 20 to 30 K fans scattered throughout.

I cannot even immagine the place with 70 K people there. It would be a nightmare. The Bart ramp is just as wide as it was 25 years ago when the place only seated 50 K.

Im out and thats it.

This was supposed to be a Nationally televised game on CBS but I think I read the game was moved to allow for a more interesting macthup.

I have yet to decide if I will go to a sports bar and drop the money to eat and drink while I watch the game.

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 02:54 PM
This was supposed to be a Nationally televised game on CBS but I think I read the game was moved to allow for a more interesting macthup.

I have yet to decide if I will go to a sports bar and drop the money to eat and drink while I watch the game.
Fug the local affiliates.

Do you know, that I missed the last 2 minutes of the San Diego game last week?

The 40 whiners were home team CBS that week, and I guess they sold out, so when the game dragged, Sacramento had a "contractual obligation" to carry the 40shitters and cut away from the Chiefs Chargers. The Chargers aren't local enough to get the visiting team in its entirety tag.

Now we go to the Satellite, which is bound by the local affilliates power to broadcast whatever they choose into my rabbit ears. But I don't have rabbit ears any more. Satellite company, "The FCC and the NFL have control over that, we are sorry."

The FCC feels that local broadcasters would go bankrupt if they couldn't force me to watch their games and advertisers. This would not serve the common good, because if there were some disaster, then there would be one less place to get the news out to us rabbit ears people.

So forget the fact that I have paid the NFL ticket price, which should entitle me to tell the local affiliate to get fugged, I am forced to watch the network feed on my Satellite. If I didn't pay the extra 5 bucks for local channels, I couldn't do that.

So when they cut away, I dont' think the dip shits at the NFL ticket could think fast enough to unblock the 708 channel that would have had the Chiefs on if my zip wasn't protected, so they said fug it, I got screwed once again.

The good news is, I didn't miss anything.

I will miss the whole game this week though, and that sucks.

I don't know how the Raiders fans tolerate that chit.

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Fug the local affiliates.

Do you know, that I missed the last 2 minutes of the San Diego game last week?

The 40 whiners were home team CBS that week, and I guess they sold out, so when the game dragged, Sacramento had a "contractual obligation" to carry the 40shitters and cut away from the Chiefs Chargers. The Chargers aren't local enough to get the visiting team in its entirety tag.

Now we go to the Satellite, which is bound by the local affilliates power to broadcast whatever they choose into my rabbit ears. But I don't have rabbit ears any more. Satellite company, "The FCC and the NFL have control over that, we are sorry."

The FCC feels that local broadcasters would go bankrupt if they couldn't force me to watch their games and advertisers. This would not serve the common good, because if there were some disaster, then there would be one less place to get the news out to us rabbit ears people.

So forget the fact that I have paid the NFL ticket price, which should entitle me to tell the local affiliate to get fugged, I am forced to watch the network feed on my Satellite. If I didn't pay the extra 5 bucks for local channels, I couldn't do that.

So when they cut away, I dont' think the dip shits at the NFL ticket could think fast enough to unblock the 708 channel that would have had the Chiefs on if my zip wasn't protected, so they said fug it, I got screwed once again.

The good news is, I didn't miss anything.

I will miss the whole game this week though, and that sucks.

I don't know how the Raiders fans tolerate that chit.

Damn that sucks. I thought about getting satellite and Sunday Ticket but it seems like there is too much BS involved and it doesn't even sound like your guaranteed to get your game. Besides I think its cheaper to just go to the sports bar even though I miss the audible. Sometimes thats no great loss.

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Navy Scores again! It doesn't look like Army has the answer for the Navy Offense.

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Damn that sucks. I thought about getting satellite and Sunday Ticket but it seems like there is too much BS involved and it doesn't even sound like your guaranteed to get your game. Besides I think its cheaper to just go to the sports bar even though I miss the audible. Sometimes thats no great loss.
Well, you live in El Cajon, where the local affiliate controls the Chargers games and has contracts with the NFL, so you would experience similar crap with it when the Chargers play at the Chiefs, OR, when the local affiliate wanted to break away from a Chief game on the front have of a twin bill.

Also, anytime ESPN carries the Chiefs, or when they are on MNF, then you get ripped for that game. Of course you can watch whatever other NFL matchup you like that weekend, and if you are a pure football fan, there is some value in being able to switch away from the dull game the local affiliate wants to shove you, but, I am a Chiefs fan, not an NFL fan, and rarely find myself willing to invest that kind of time into a football game that doesn't get me as juiced as watching the Chiefs. Even when they are 3-8.

Carry on. :thumb:

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Well, you live in El Cajon, where the local affiliate controls the Chargers games and has contracts with the NFL, so you would experience similar crap with it when the Chargers play at the Chiefs, OR, when the local affiliate wanted to break away from a Chief game on the front have of a twin bill.

Also, anytime ESPN carries the Chiefs, or when they are on MNF, then you get ripped for that game. Of course you can watch whatever other NFL matchup you like that weekend, and if you are a pure football fan, there is some value in being able to switch away from the dull game the local affiliate wants to shove you, but, I am a Chiefs fan, not an NFL fan, and rarely find myself willing to invest that kind of time into a football game that doesn't get me as juiced as watching the Chiefs. Even when they are 3-8.

Carry on. :thumb:

Even though I am a football fan and can enjoy other games I don't live my life around them. For the Chiefs I will do that. But if the Chiefs aren't on and a buddy says lets go for a ride or lets go play golf I am outta there.