PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

IA_Chiefs_fan
12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
The prayer request is for my mom.
I lost my Grandma to natural causes yesterday. As I was getting ready for work my mom called and said that her brother called and told her that if she wanted to see her mother alive she'd better get to the nursing home and not stop anywhere. My mom was hysterical, drives a piece of shit that won't go over about 60 MPH and lives two and a half - three hours from the nursing home. I told my mom to get to my house and I'd driver her. I was waiting for her and made a VERY fast trip to Ottumwa, IA. My mom got to see my Grandma for just a little bit before she passed!
My mom has a tough life. Her and my dad split a few years back she's still single. I also have a mentally handicapped sister. My mom is raising my sister's two daughters now as well. Those two girls obviously have a lot of issues after being brought up by a mentally ill mother for several years. My mom has high blood pressure etc. and a crappy low-paying job, but it's just enough that she doesn't qualify for much government assistance. I have dumbasses that quit on me at work that end up getting more help from the state than she does. My mom is all stressed out about not being able to do much for Christmas for my nieces, who she's raising, because of the funeral costs etc. she's dealing with now. I've helped her a little but it's not much. I just know she's going through a very rough time so please allow her to be in your prayers if you're the praying type.

bricks
12-04-2004, 01:30 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan,

I'm sorry to hear all this. I hope everything can turn around for you and your mother, sounds pretty tough, stay strong. i wish you all best. xoxo from bricks. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

2bikemike
12-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandma and all the difficulties your mom faces.

Your family will be in our prayers.

Calcountry
12-04-2004, 01:48 PM
The prayer request is for my mom.
I lost my Grandma to natural causes yesterday. As I was getting ready for work my mom called and said that her brother called and told her that if she wanted to see her mother alive she'd better get to the nursing home and not stop anywhere. My mom was hysterical, drives a piece of shit that won't go over about 60 MPH and lives two and a half - three hours from the nursing home. I told my mom to get to my house and I'd driver her. I was waiting for her and made a VERY fast trip to Ottumwa, IA. My mom got to see my Grandma for just a little bit before she passed!
My mom has a tough life. Her and my dad split a few years back she's still single. I also have a mentally handicapped sister. My mom is raising my sister's two daughters now as well. Those two girls obviously have a lot of issues after being brought up by a mentally ill mother for several years. My mom has high blood pressure etc. and a crappy low-paying job, but it's just enough that she doesn't qualify for much government assistance. I have dumbasses that quit on me at work that end up getting more help from the state than she does. My mom is all stressed out about not being able to do much for Christmas for my nieces, who she's raising, because of the funeral costs etc. she's dealing with now. I've helped her a little but it's not much. I just know she's going through a very rough time so please allow her to be in your prayers if you're the praying type.
Prayer will go up, but I must ask.

Try to get a story in the local paper about the demise, and set up a donations account so that someone might be able to help with the burial expenses.

If you have already done this, I wish you well with the effort.

Every little bit helps, and there are people out there who want to help, especially at this time of year.

God bless. I hope things turn well for your mom in the upcoming year.

Rausch
12-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Done... :thumb:

chiefs4me
12-04-2004, 02:00 PM
I am very sorry to hear this,,I am sorry for the loss of your Grandmother and the problems your Mother is having. You all will be in my prayers. How about contacting a local church, this time of year they are more then willing to help out with food baskets and presents for the girls. All the churches do this,my sons church just got done having a food and toy drive and people do give. Give it a thought.

go bowe
12-04-2004, 02:32 PM
done...

best wishes during this difficult time...

SNR
12-04-2004, 03:40 PM
God bless your mom and the already wonderful job she has done given what she has. I'll keep her and your grandmother's memory in my prayers.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Sorry to hear about all the problems. Good luck to you.

MonroeChief
12-04-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm new here, but I know that as a group something can be done to help.

Check with the admins/mods to see if they can start some kind of "help line" for you.

I'm sending you a PM with an idea, the contact information should be easy to find in Iowa.

big nasty kcnut
12-04-2004, 05:13 PM
done hope your family will get nothing but good things as you are good people who deserve it.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2004, 05:20 PM
God bless your family during this tough time.

Bowser
12-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear it. Help your mom stay strong through tough times.

KS Smitty
12-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you and your mom. She's blessed to have you and your care.

PastorMikH
12-04-2004, 07:03 PM
I'll be praying for you and your mom.

cdcox
12-04-2004, 10:27 PM
IA- sorrry to hear about your grandmother. God bless your and your mother. She sounds like a saint.

Coach
12-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Sorry to hear about that dude. I can relate to what you are going through, as I experienced something similar to this situation with my late grandmother a few years back.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Mr. Kotter
12-04-2004, 10:40 PM
May God bless you in this time of need. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

OldTownChief
12-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Gaz
12-05-2004, 05:36 AM
I will be sending good vibes.

xoxo~
Gaz
Pitching in.

IA_Chiefs_fan
12-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Thank you all very much. After talking to my wife all night about all this, we've decided not to seek help from the various sources you all suggested, as that will likely embarass my mom. My wife and I talked to our local bank and they agreed to give us a short-term loan until we get our tax return. At least my nieces/mom will have plenty of gifts under the tree. I hear exactly what some of you were saying about Christmas not being about material things. I agree but not sure my nieces are mature enough yet to feel that way. This will be one year that they don't get 2nd hand clothes. They'll be getting new stuff and my mom will have a lower stress level and I'll feel good about this solution! Thank you all again for the prayers/thoughts and I'm sorry if I'm rambling.

Phobia
12-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Best of luck, friend. You're doing a good thing. Merry Christmas and condolences for the loss of your grandmother.

chiefs4me
12-05-2004, 06:50 PM
bumpty, bump bump