PDA

View Full Version : Jason White

LiL stumppy
12-04-2004, 06:32 PM
How come no one wants him.My guess is the problems he has had with his knees.But is that all or there another reason?

Count Zarth
12-04-2004, 06:37 PM
It's not just one knee, it's BOTH.

One good shot and his career is over. He will probably be a mid round pick.

LiL stumppy
12-04-2004, 06:59 PM
K,I figured it was his knee problem but wasn't sure.

Baby Lee
12-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Give me Coady instead.

Bowser
12-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Give me Coady instead.

Or even Clayton. Either would be just fine by me!

Baby Lee
12-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Or even Clayton. Either would be just fine by me!
Stoops. You don't have to draft him, and there is no salary cap on his position. :thumb:

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 07:28 PM
White is over-rated.

chiefs4me
12-04-2004, 07:29 PM
And there goes his streak

Count Zarth
12-04-2004, 07:36 PM
White is over-rated.

Always bet on black.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 07:55 PM
White is over-rated.

ROFL ROFL Yea right. He may not be the best, but the kid can play football and has alot of heart. He reminds me of a young Trent Green.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 07:55 PM
History is not on the side of OU QB's. I've been watching them for 50 years and I can only think of one OU QB that did well in the pros. Tommy McDonald, class of '54 (I think). I'll bet 98% of the board has never heard of him. They had a good one, for awhile. Troy Aikman. But they wouldn't come off the wishbone like they promised him they would so he transferred to UCLA

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 07:56 PM
ROFL ROFL Yea right. He may not be the best, but the kid can play football and has alot of heart. He reminds me of a young Trent Green.

If he actually succeeds in the NFL, I'll eat my hat.

Bowser
12-04-2004, 07:56 PM
What happened to Josh Huepel?

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 07:58 PM
If he actually succeeds in the NFL , I'll eat my hat. I don't recall you mentioning anything about the NFL prior to the above statement, you just said he was overrated. If you're talking college ball, nothing could be further from the truth. If you're talking about the pros, nobody knows yet.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 08:00 PM
If he actually succeeds in the NFL, I'll eat my hat.
I think you, and your hat, are safe. Dude is gimpy legged with an average (at best) arm. Strictly an OU system QB.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 08:02 PM
I don't recall you mentioning anything about the NFL prior to the above statement, you just said he was overrated. If you're talking college ball, nothing could be further from the truth. If you're talking about the pros, nobody knows yet.

I don't think he's all that in college either. He happens to be with the right team. Most other places he'd be an average QB.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 08:03 PM
I think you, and your hat, are safe. Dude is gimpy legged with an average (at best) arm. Strictly an OU system QB.

Yep.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Yep.
Anything is possible witness the Steelers QB before Roethlisberger. Dude had done nothing but worked pretty good for them till they found a QB. But I'll be shocked if he goes in the first three rounds, surprised if he goes in round 4 or 5 and content after that.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I don't think he's all that in college either. He happens to be with the right team. Most other places he'd be an average QB. Your a hard one to please. 33 TDs, 4 Ints and a 64% completion percentage in his senior year alone. Those are stellar numbers.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Anything is possible witness the Steelers QB before Roethlisberger. Dude had done nothing but worked pretty good for them till they found a QB. But I'll be shocked if he goes in the first three rounds, surprised if he goes in round 4 or 5 and content after that.

Agreed. But I'm not overly concerned with being wrong on this one. If anything, the knees assure our beliefe. Were it not for that, he may very well be a serviceable QB for some team, but nothing special. With the knees, he might be considered serviceable for a season, maybe two. Other wise, bench warmer all the way.

chiefs4me
12-04-2004, 08:18 PM

And have you seen his hair,,,ROFL

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Your a hard one to please. 33 TDs, 4 Ints and a 64% completion percentage in his senior year alone. Those are stellar numbers.

Well hell dude, I'd look like a good QB throwing the rock to the likes of Clayton. Throw in a stellar defense to help provide optimal playing conditions, I'd look like, well, Jason White.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 08:22 PM
And have you seen his hair,,,ROFL
Shut up. Women don't know anything about football. When we want your opinion we'll beat it out of you. :p

Demonpenz
thats Hiesman trophy winner jason white to you!

BigChiefFan
Well hell dude, I'd look like a good QB throwing the rock to the likes of Clayton. Throw in a stellar defense to help provide optimal playing conditions, I'd look like, well, Jason White.
Clayton has 7 or 8 TDs this year. What about the other 23 or 24 TDs he's passed? I understand that you don't think he will amount to much in the NFL, but to say he is overrated at the college level is absurd. He was the Heisman trophy winner for God's sake, you don't recieve that for sucking ass.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Your a hard one to please. 33 TDs, 4 Ints and a 64% completion percentage in his senior year alone. Those are stellar numbers.
I'm relying on memory alone but I don't remember a QB from OU making it in the pros except Tommy McDonald 50 years ago. They didn't even have WR's 50 years ago. Would you go Google it and see if I'm right? I think Jason White will be selling insurance at this time next year.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Clayton has 7 or 8 TDs this year. What about the other 23 or 24 TDs he's passed? I understand that you don't think he will amount to much in the NFL, but to say he is overrated at the college level is absurd. He was the Heisman trophy winner for God's sake, you don't recieve that for sucking ass.

* You're just talking TDs. Clayton is a top notch WR, wether he is in the endzone or not (his recent fumble not withstanding)

* Let's take my Cats of this year. Tell me you, and so many others, would still be sucking his schlong if he was helming my team this year. Tell me he would be just as good. He's on a great team, and that boosts his production

* He shouldn't have won the Heisman last year

* I never said he sucked ass, I said he is over-rated

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 08:30 PM
* You're just talking TDs. Clayton is a top notch WR, wether he is in the endzone or not (his recent fumble not withstanding)

* Let's take my Cats of this year. Tell me you, and so many others, would still be sucking his schlong if he was helming my team this year. Tell me he would be just as good. He's on a great team, and that boosts his production

* He shouldn't have won the Heisman last year

* I never said he sucked ass, I said he is over-rated

I should add that Clayton is not the only good WR on the team, The best to be sure, but not the only good one.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm relying on memory alone but I don't remember a QB from OU making it in the pros except Tommy McDonald 50 years ago. They didn't even have WR's 50 years ago. Would you go Google it and see if I'm right? I think Jason White will be selling insurance at this time next year.We aren't talking about the pros. He said he is overrated. White hasn't played a single snap in the NFL so you have to refer to his college career, there's no other way to read that. Saying he is overrated is absurd. He has the numbers to back it up to the contrary. I have a tendacy to believe he won't be great in the pros, but that's pure speculation on my part or anybody else's at this point. Sure he is surrounded by a good supporting cast, but in the pros wouldn't he be surrounded by every player being a pro? I'm not saying he's all-world but he deserves some credit. You can still be surrounded by a great supporting cast and suck, there's plenty of players that fit that bill.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Well, yes, BCF, you do win the Heisman Trophy while sucking ass if the standard for suckage is success in the NFL. Go google a list of former Heisman winners and see how many of them were a success in the NFL. Many of them didn't even make it in the NFL.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Well, yes, BCF, you do win the Heisman Trophy while sucking ass if the standard for suckage is success in the NFL. Go google a list of former Heisman winners and see how many of them were a success in the NFL. Many of them didn't even make it in the NFL.Again, you don't suck in COLLEGE if you win the Heisman trophy award, which is what we are talking about... college.

Demonpenz
12-04-2004, 08:45 PM
maybe 2 hiesman trophy's

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 08:47 PM
maybe 2 hiesman trophy's

If he wins it again this year, I'll be convinced the damn thing is rigged.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Again, you don't suck in COLLEGE if you win the Heisman trophy award, which is what we are talking about... college.
I agree. White is a good college QB. So was Major Applewhite. And that real fast dude from Nebraska and on and on. You win.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 08:48 PM
If he wins it again this year, I'll be convinced the damn thing is rigged.
Let me guess... Sproles should win it? :p

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 08:49 PM
I agree. White is a good college QB. So was Major Applewhite. And that real fast dude from Nebraska and on and on. You win. That's all I'm saying is he is a good COLLEGE QB. Nothing more, nothing less.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 08:49 PM

That was last year. Though there were others Besides Sproles last year who were more deserving than White.

Demonpenz
12-04-2004, 08:50 PM
i don't get a vote but the way he is leading his team this year i think he is going to win the heisman again. It's yours until someone takes it away

Raiderhader
That's all I'm saying is he is a good COLLEGE QB. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good, yes. Great, no. That is where we are in disagreement. He is good, just not as good as some seem to think.

PastorMikH
FWIW, and I'll probably get blasted for this, White reminds me a lot of Green. Fairly accurate passer but not a long ball thrower persay, solid role playing QB but not really a QB that can have the game put squarely on his shoulders for a W - he needs a supporting cast.

Baby Lee
12-04-2004, 08:51 PM
I agree. White is a good college QB. So was Major Applewhite. And that real fast dude from Nebraska and on and on. You win.
The 'dude from Nebraska' didn't punk out in the NFL. He had blood clots like the ones that killed DT, so he never entered the NFL.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 08:51 PM
I'd bet Sproles goes before Whie does. And they both suck. Oh well, you know what they say about opinions.

Baby Lee
12-04-2004, 08:52 PM
FWIW, and I'll probably get blasted for this, White reminds me a lot of Green. Fairly accurate passer but not a long ball thrower persay, solid role playing QB but not really a QB that can have the game put squarely on his shoulders for a W - he needs a supporting cast.
Green was who I thought of, too.
Doesn't hurt to imagery that Peterson is a little Priestly.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Green was who I thought of, too.
Doesn't hurt to imagery that Peterson is a little Priestly.

And the fact that the broadcasters blame his interceptions on others just like DV does with Green.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 08:59 PM
FWIW, and I'll probably get blasted for this, White reminds me a lot of Green. Fairly accurate passer but not a long ball thrower persay, solid role playing QB but not really a QB that can have the game put squarely on his shoulders for a W - he needs a supporting cast.Pastor great minds think a like. See post #10.

Skip Towne
The 'dude from Nebraska' didn't punk out in the NFL. He had blood clots like the ones that killed DT, so he never entered the NFL.
I didn't say the "dude from Nebraska punked out". Although I believe he did. And yes, he did enter the NFL if we're talking about the same guy. He signed with the Rams as a DB and just quit IIRC. And it seems like he even got a second chance and pussed out again. But I could be wrong.

KcMizzou
The 'dude from Nebraska' didn't punk out in the NFL. He had blood clots like the ones that killed DT, so he never entered the NFL. Yeah, that was a shame... He was a blast to watch. I've never been a Nebraska fan, but I really liked Frazier.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 09:01 PM
I didn't say the "dude from Nebraska punked out". Although I believe he did. And yes, he did enter the NFL if we're talking about the same guy. He signed with the Rams as a DB and just quit IIRC. And it seems like he even got a second chance and pussed out again. But I could be wrong.

You're talking about Eric Crotch aren't you?

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Yeah, that was a shame... He was a blast to watch. I've never been a Nebraska fan, but I really liked Frazier.
Whoops, I wasn't talking about Frazier, I was talking about that really fast white QB from Nebraska.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Your thinking of Crouch, he's talking about Frazier.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 09:06 PM
You're talking about Eric Crotch aren't you?
Yes, Crotch (nice touch) Crouch. I was just using him for an outstanding college QB that didn't get a sniff of the NFL. Hell, They're all over the place.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:06 PM
BTW, Ricky Williams was Heisman trophy winner.

Chieficus
12-04-2004, 09:07 PM
What happened to Josh Huepel?

Miami drafted him late, he got injured and never did much. Now he's an assistant on OU's staff. They showed at least one shot of him tonight talking to White.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Yes, Crotch (nice touch) Crouch. I was just using him for an outstanding college QB that didn't get a sniff of the NFL. Hell, They're all over the place. He was more of a rushing, option QB, that rarely translates to quality NFL QB. Crouch was known more for his rushing ability than his arm.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Yes, Crotch (nice touch) Crouch. I was just using him for an outstanding college QB that didn't get a sniff of the NFL. Hell, They're all over the place.

Yeah, but unlike White, Crotch had a ton of talent.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Yeah, but unlike White, Crotch had a ton of talent.Clayton throws 'em and catches them, too, huh? :p

LiL stumppy
12-04-2004, 09:12 PM
White is a great college QB.Simple as that.Now do we know if he will succed in the NFL.No.I don't belive he is overrated unless he sucks it up in the NFL.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah, but unlike White, Crotch had a ton of talent.See post #54. Crouch was an option QB. Ton of talent my ass. When he was up for a Heisman these were his stats...Crouch threw for 1510 yards with only 7 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and RUSHED for over 1200 yards. Those aren't QB numbers that translate to success in the NFL.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Clayton throws 'em and catches them, too, huh? :p

Good God. When are you going to get it through your head that I am not saying that White sucks ass (at least not on the field, I don't know what he does in his private life)? Quit being so defensive, enjoy your season already.

As far as pure athletic talent is concerned, Crotch had more than White has.

Demonpenz
12-04-2004, 09:14 PM
white reminds me of joe montana. Not a huge arm, just gets the job done. Sure white has good talent around him, but so did montana.

tic

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 09:15 PM
BTW, Ricky Williams was Heisman trophy winner.
So was Billy Sims and Earl Campbell and Barry Sanders and on and on. But go Google the list as I did and I think you'll see about half of them having an NFL career. And IIRC most of them are RB's. Heisman winning QB's that make it in the NFL are few and far between. And I have no idea why.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Good God. When are you going to get it through your head that I am not saying that White sucks ass (at least not on the field, I don't know what he does in his private life)? Quit being so defensive, enjoy your season already.

As far as pure athletic talent is concerned, Crotch had more than White has.Again... Crouch was an option QB. Ton of talent my ass. When he was up for a Heisman these were his stats...Crouch threw for 1510 yards with only 7 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and RUSHED for over 1200 yards. Those aren't QB numbers that translate to success in the NFL. saying he has alot more talent than White when comparing them as QBs is futile at best.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 09:17 PM
See post #54. Crouch was an option QB. Ton of talent my ass. When he was up for a Heisman these were his stats...Crouch threw for 1510 yards with only 7 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and RUSHED for over 1200 yards. Those aren't QB numbers that translate to success in the NFL.

See post #59. Crotch had more pure athletic talent than White has. And that did translate to the NFL, just not at the QB position which is what he insisted on playing. If White doesn't make it as a QB, he isn't going to get an opportunity to play another position.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:18 PM
So was Billy Sims and Earl Campbell and Barry Sanders and on and on. But go Google the list as I did and I think you'll see about half of them having an NFL career. And IIRC most of them are RB's. Heisman winning QB's that make it in the NFL are few and far between. And I have no idea why. I think it's because of all the option QBs back in the day. It just doesn't translate well in the NFL, but it is strange how there aren't many that go on to be successful in the NFL.

Demonpenz
12-04-2004, 09:18 PM
i would like to point out that nebraska ran crouch to death his hiesman year.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:20 PM
See post #59. Crotch had more pure athletic talent than White has. And that did translate to the NFL, just not at the QB position which is what he insisted on playing. If White doesn't make it as a QB, he isn't going to get an opportunity to play another position. I thought we were comparing them as QBs? Believe me I understand, Crouch is a better ATHLETE than White, but definitely not a better QB. I agree White makes it as a QB or nothing at all.

Chieficus
12-04-2004, 09:21 PM
That was last year. Though there were others Besides Sproles last year who were more deserving than White.

You'll have a hard time making a case that White wasn't deserving of it last year. Not much of a running game, the O-line, while good, was not as good as it is this year and White still had 3800 yards and 40 TD's.

Everyone points to the way White ended with the K-State and LSU games, but everyone seems to forget that he broke a bone in his wrist in that K-State game...and then started sucking it up...

Logical
12-04-2004, 09:22 PM
I don't think he's all that in college either. He happens to be with the right team. Most other places he'd be an average QB.

Exactly it is amazing the number of system QBs that win or are in the top 3 running for the the Heisman. When it is time for the NFL they are exposed as posers.

HolmeZz
12-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Didn't bother to read through 5 pages of comments, but did anybody mention that he's a system quarterback? :p

Deberg_1990
12-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Jason White is the next....Josh Heupel!

Demonpenz
12-04-2004, 09:24 PM
montana was a system quarterback too

PastorMikH
12-04-2004, 09:26 PM
The thing about White that I think would help him in the NFL is that he is a true pocket passer - and fairly accurate at that. He hasn't won games with his running ability, he has done it with his arm - that is until this year when Peterson came to town. He does have a lot of heart and wants to win too.

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 09:26 PM
I thought we were comparing them as QBs? Believe me I understand, Crouch is a better ATHLETE than White, but definitely not a better QB. I agree White makes it as a QB or nothing at all.

Yeah we are. White's QB talents fit a specific need as did Crotch's. Two different types of QBs, but both playing the same postion. One had more athletic ability than does the other which expanded the the things his team could do with him (as well as compensate for his less than average passing ability).

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Jason White is the next....Josh Heupel!
Anbody that watched Heupel avidly knew he was a system QB, White seems to have a few more intangiables, IMO. Mainly he is a fairly accurate QB. He doesn't have a real strong arm, but he is very good at finding the open man and checking off reads. Now he does get alot of time to make those reads, but the guy has something that I believe is head and shoulders above Heupel.

Skip Towne
12-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Again... Crouch was an option QB. Ton of talent my ass. When he was up for a Heisman these were his stats...Crouch threw for 1510 yards with only 7 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and RUSHED for over 1200 yards. Those aren't QB numbers that translate to success in the NFL. saying he has alot more talent than White when comparing them as QBs is futile at best.
I agree that Crouch is not comparable to White. Two different animals. But if we are talking pro potential I'll take Crouch. (and he failed) He was a white dude with 4.4 speed. You don't see many white guys with 4.4 speed. So they tried him at WR and he quit at least once during training camp. I think White is more comparable to Heuple. OU won a NC with him. And he wasn't drafted high. And he bombed with his first team. (claiming elbow problems) He got cut (Dolphins, I think) Then was picked up by the Packers (I think) and was cut again. I think Heuple is an assistant coach at OU now. That is probably where White will end up

Logical
12-04-2004, 09:29 PM

Really, I never remember Notre Dame having a prolific passing offense. Dude only threw for 2010 yard and 10 TDs his last year of college. Hardly the passing stats of a system QB.

Chieficus
12-04-2004, 09:29 PM
The thing about White that I think would help him in the NFL is that he is a true pocket passer - and fairly accurate at that. He hasn't won games with his running ability, he has done it with his arm - that is until this year when Peterson came to town. He does have a lot of heart and wants to win too.

Back before he blew out his knees, he did some stuff with his running ability... the year after we won the Orange Bowl, White replaced an ineffective and injured Hybl, I think against Texas. We had no offense that game until White stepped in and got us moving on offense by running the option...it was with his legs...the knee things turned him into the pocket passer, and he matrued into a darn good one at that...

Raiderhader
12-04-2004, 09:30 PM
You'll have a hard time making a case that White wasn't deserving of it last year. Not much of a running game, the O-line, while good, was not as good as it is this year and White still had 3800 yards and 40 TD's.

Everyone points to the way White ended with the K-State and LSU games, but everyone seems to forget that he broke a bone in his wrist in that K-State game...and then started sucking it up...

Don't forget that defense. When your opponent poses little to no threat on the scoreboard, it goes along way to helping the offense (we should know this as Chief fans).

Oh, and wether he broke that bone or not, we were going to win that game. It was just meant to be. :)

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Exactly. He's a pocket PASSER who relies on his arm. Crouch sucked at passing.He was a run first QB. He was great at running the option, but that only works in college. A pocket paasser could translate to the next level.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:37 PM
I agree that Crouch is not comparable to White. Two different animals. But if we are talking pro potential I'll take Crouch. (and he failed) He was a white dude with 4.4 speed. You don't see many white guys with 4.4 speed. So they tried him at WR and he quit at least once during training camp. I think White is more comparable to Heuple. OU won a NC with him. And he wasn't drafted high. And he bombed with his first team. (claiming elbow problems) He got cut (Dolphins, I think) Then was picked up by the Packers (I think) and was cut again. I think Heuple is an assistant coach at OU now. That is probably where White will end up
If you are talking athletic ability, Crouch wins hands down, but if you are talking QBs, I'd take White every time. In the NFL most QB's are pocket passers and you rarely, if ever, see the option run in the pros. IMO, the most important intabgiable you can have as QB is your passing ability. Crouch didn't have that ability. He's a running back that could pass once in a while. White is a pure passer. I see a big difference when talking about QBing ability at the next level.

PastorMikH
12-04-2004, 09:38 PM

He was a late 3rd round pick. Just think, we passed over Montana 3x before the 49ers got him.

WAY TO GO CARL!!! :banghead:

Skip Towne
Exactly. He's a pocket PASSER who relies on his arm. Crouch sucked at passing.He was a run first QB. He was great at running the option, but that only works in college. A pocket paasser could translate to the next level.
I'd agree that Pro QB's can come out of nowhere in today's NFL. Quick now: Where did Tom Brady go to college? Ben Roethlisberger. Trent Green. Curt Warner. White could be one of these but history suggests otherwise. I'm Out.

Logical

I would risk a 7th rounder on him definitely. Not much chance he will succeed in the NFL but he would have time to develop behind Green.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2004, 09:39 PM
If you are talking athletic ability, Crouch wins hands down, but if you are talking QBs, I'd take White every time. In the NFL most QB's are pocket passers and you rarely, if ever, see the option run in the pros. IMO, the most important intabgiable you can have as QB is your passing ability. Crouch didn't have that ability. He's a running back that could pass once in a while. White is a pure passer. I see a big difference when talking about QBing ability at the next level.

Its funny, You could replace the word "Crouch" with "Vick" in the above paragraph and it would not lose anything....

Logical
12-04-2004, 09:40 PM
He was a late 3rd round pick. Just think, we passed over Montana 3x before the 49ers got him.

WAY TO GO CARL!!! :banghead:

ROFL, I wonder how many people do not know this was before Carl's tenure. Good one Mike.

PastorMikH
12-04-2004, 09:41 PM
ROFL, I wonder how many people do not know this was before Carl's tenure. Good one Mike.

Well, isn't everything bad that has happened to the Chiefs Carl's fault?

Logical
12-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Well, isn't everything bad that has happened to the Chiefs Carl's fault?

Well actually I think it is a combover.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:47 PM
I'd agree that Pro QB's can come out of nowhere in today's NFL. Quick now: Where did Tom Brady go to college? Ben Roethlisberger. Trent Green. Curt Warner. White could be one of these but history suggests otherwise. I'm Out. This was a good discussion tonight. Have a good one.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Its funny, You could replace the word "Crouch" with "Vick" in the above paragraph and it would not lose anything.... With the exception of the most important thing... Vick can throw the ball really well, too.

tk13
12-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Its funny, You could replace the word "Crouch" with "Vick" in the above paragraph and it would not lose anything....
Yeah but Crouch never had Vick's arm.... Vick has a cannon. I could be wrong but I don't recall Crouch having an arm like that.

PastorMikH
12-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Yeah but Crouch never had Vick's arm.... Vick has a cannon. I could be wrong but I don't recall Crouch having an arm like that.

I don't remember too many QBs at all with Vick's arm.

Logical
12-04-2004, 09:55 PM

Vick has a really strong arm not a good arm much like Bobby Douglas. Vick is a great running QB and a piss poor passing QB.

WilliamTheIrish
12-04-2004, 09:59 PM
White's a solid college QB. What makes him better than last year is the best RB to hit OU in many moons.

Sub Keyjuan Jones for AP and the opposition would be teeing off on White. (Witness

Peterson is such an absolute freak he takes a ton of pressure off the OU offense.

BigChiefFan
12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
White's a solid college QB. What makes him better than last year is the best RB to hit OU in many moons.

Sub Keyjuan Jones for AP and the opposition would be teeing off on White. (Witness

Peterson is such an absolute freak he takes a ton of pressure off the OU offense.The Sooners had KJ last year without AP and he still passed for 40 TDs.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2004, 10:03 PM
White could be a good sleeper QB project, one that in the right system could be very good. Reminds me some of Trent Green, but I think he will end up being the next Todd Collins.

WilliamTheIrish
12-04-2004, 10:10 PM
The Sooners had KJ last year without AP and he still passed for 40 TDs.

Don't really care how many TD's he threw. In the regular season last year the Sooners never trailed. Is that not correct?

When two teams with real pass rushes nailed him time and time again, he fell apart.

Completely.

Like Skip said, he's a solid college QB. Gets lotsa press. Leads a wide open offense, in a game with wide hashmarks.

That's the definition of a system QB. There's nothing wrong with that.