PDA

View Full Version : See ya Caver!!!

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Quniton Caver, the former 2nd round pick of the Philadelphia Eagles is awful. Why in the Hell is he even starting? He's in his final year of his contract with us and we let him play instead of developing Fox when we are already out of the hunt. Caver has shown clearly why the Eagles gave up on him by allowing Porter a 52 yard TD reception. Why he is starting, I'll never know and is just one more head-scratching decision by the head coach. We need to let him walk. Thoughts?

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Why is a LB covering Jerry Porter?

Mr. Laz
12-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Quniton Caver, the former 2nd round pick of the Philadelphia Eagles is awful. Why in the Hell is he even starting? He's in his final year of his contract with us and we let him play instead of developing Fox when we are already out of the hunt. Caver has shown clearly why the Eagles gave up on him by allowing Porter a 52 yard TD reception. Why he is starting, I'll never know and is just one more head-scratching decision by the head coach. We need to let him walk. Thoughts?

porter was supposed to be covered by bartee

but bartee sucks so bad that he wasn't even in the screen shot and left caver holding the bag.

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Burn 'em down and start over. This is humiliating, but hey how about another ticket increase? LOL.

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 03:44 PM
porter was supposed to be covered by bartee

but bartee sucks so bad that he wasn't even in the screen shot and left caver holding the bag.
Nothing like taking 5 years to develop a 2nd rounder (Bartee) and he still sucks. :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Logical
12-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Why is a LB covering Jerry Porter?Exactly

shaneo69
12-05-2004, 04:51 PM
Mitch and Lenny have said a couple times that Caver is having a good game.

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Caver has played well, I would keep him. Hes not that bad and is pretty good special teamer.

royr17
12-05-2004, 05:07 PM
I think Caver is playing well in this game, dont be surprised that if the chiefs cut Barber that Caver wont be starting next year.

But so far Caver has 5 tackles and 1 assist.

royr17
12-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Was anybody else here happy with his play tonight ???

el borracho
12-05-2004, 06:12 PM
I'm wondering why McCleon was on the field. He looks like he is 186 years old out there. He is too slow for this defense.

Saulbadguy
12-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Its the scheme.

:hides:

ROYC75
12-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Caver ? I see nothing but an upgrade from Barber. Caver hasn't been stellar, but better than who has played out there this year.

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 06:42 PM
I think Caver is playing well in this game, dont be surprised that if the chiefs cut Barber that Caver wont be starting next year.

But so far Caver has 5 tackles and 1 assist.Caver is a FA at the end of the year. Re-signing Caver and taking the cap hit of Barber would be senseless, IMO. Caver is nothing more than a glorified special teamer and not worth re-signing. We have way too many holes to fill than worrying about re-signing a special teamer who isn't a very good OLBer, IMO. Barber isn't much better, but we don't take a cap hit by not re-signing Caver and Caver "ain't " all that anyway.

Wondering what games some of you all watch.

go bowe
12-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Why is a LB covering Jerry Porter?that td catch wasn't caver's fault...

shouldn't a safety or a cb have been on porter?

go bowe
12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Its the scheme.

:hides::spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:

RedXtreme
12-05-2004, 07:11 PM
That was not Cavers man look at the replay he was just trying to catch him

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-05-2004, 07:23 PM
that td catch wasn't caver's fault...

shouldn't a safety or a cb have been on porter?

Bartee was on him.

He released Porter to <b>nobody</b> and then gave up on the play, walking toward the endzone when Porter caught the ball.

Caver saw Porter running free and tried to catch him but that wasn't going to happen.

Caver showed a lot more football sense on that play than Bartee did, that's for certain.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Why is a LB covering Jerry Porter?

This is what amazes me. There is no way a starting WR should ever fail to get open on a LB.

Saulbadguy
12-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Yes, this play was Bartees fault. Bartee bit on that pump fake.

Bob Dole
12-05-2004, 07:32 PM
The fact that any player drawing an NFL salary bought on that pump fake was absolutely pathetic...

The losers simply quit before the play was over.

Big Chief Homer
12-05-2004, 07:39 PM
if your gonna bitch about cutting a lb lets start with mitchell.how many tackles did he miss today i stopped counting at 4.Caver has been playing fairly well. at least he tries to tackle and cover.thats more than i can say for mitchell.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Wow, this thread wasn't very well conceived; I mean, you could call out some players (Hicks, McCleon, Morton), but calling out a guy who played well is just silly.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Wow, this thread wasn't very well conceived; I mean, you could call out some players (Hicks, McCleon, Morton), but calling out a guy who played well is just silly.

We've decided to urinate on his vehicle. You in?...

Sure-Oz
12-05-2004, 07:50 PM
I didn't think he was that bad today. As usual Kawika sucked balls.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2004, 07:51 PM
We've decided to urinate on his vehicle. You in?...Are you buying the fuel (read: beer)?

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 08:52 PM
I agree with others. I didn't see that Caver played that poorly today, but then again maybe it was because he plays next to Mitchell.

Caver and Stills certainly have motors. I don't mind seeing guys running all out until the whistle.

whoman69
12-05-2004, 09:38 PM
Caver has generally played well on ST. He has been an adequate starter considering he is the backup. Clearly we need a replacement there next season, but at the top, not the backup spot.

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 09:55 PM
if your gonna bitch about cutting a lb lets start with mitchell.how many tackles did he miss today i stopped counting at 4.Caver has been playing fairly well. at least he tries to tackle and cover.thats more than i can say for mitchell.
Mitchell isn't a FA next year, Caver is. Understand?

booger
12-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Guys like Beisel and Caver are backups and good on st's. I would agree I don't like seeing them as starters but that is were we are at right now. Other than not seeing Fox getting any playing time I don't see a problem with it. At least Caver shows some tackling ability and hustle.

He and Beisel are UFA's. Fujita is a RFA. There is no reason not to resign them if it is at a price that would be reasonable for a backup salary(monty and caver). If Fujita gets an offer much more than an average starting LB salary let him go and get the 5th rd pick.

The major issue aside from the obvious of finding some playmakers on D is bringing in as much talent as possible for competition. That way players like this can actually earn their jobs not be given them.

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Guys like Beisel and Caver are backups and good on st's. I would agree I don't like seeing them as starters but that is were we are at right now. Other than not seeing Fox getting any playing time I don't see a problem with it. At least Caver shows some tackling ability and hustle.

He and Beisel are UFA's. Fujita is a RFA. There is no reason not to resign them if it is at a price that would be reasonable for a backup salary(monty and caver). If Fujita gets an offer much more than an average starting LB salary let him go and get the 5th rd pick.

The major issue aside from the obvious of finding some playmakers on D is bringing in as much talent as possible for competition. That way players like this can actually earn their jobs not be given them.
We need to let the back-ups walk and relegate the starters to being back-ups. We have way too many holes to fill, than to worry about re-signing our back-ups. Besides that our special teams hasn't been that great this year especially covering kick-offs.

booger
12-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Other than liking Caver as a backup, I don't have anything to argue with that.

At next years camp i would like to see the longshot names of LB's like Caver and Beisel trying to compete for jobs instead of Fred Jones, Scott Shields ( a former safety) and Rich Scanlon.

We take damn near 20 WR's to camp each summer but we don't have any competition for the LB or CB spots.

Just another DV CP problem.