12-05-2004, 04:16 PM
wow he can catch the ball im close to being impressed

suds79
12-05-2004, 04:17 PM
lj is giving oakland the johnson.

ROFL that's funny.

CASHMAN
12-05-2004, 04:19 PM
He looked good against the chargers and now today he is running with a little extra step.
I told the wife that i wanted to see LJ today i felt he was ready to step it up and she said no he is a wimp and to slow, after his 2nd TD i said i told you so :thumb:

CASHMAN.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Im glad to see LJ finally living up to his potential. Bye bye Blaylock....it was nice knowing you.

4th and Long
I have to admit, LJ has looked pretty good today.
As opposed to ... our other two starters that are sitting on the bench, not playing?

DUH!!! :p

|Zach|
Zach is not suprised.

I have no idea why I phrased it like that.

gblowfish
12-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Leon is finally getting his chance. Leon knew all along Leon could run and catch. Leon wants to show the Raiders what he can do because Leon may end up being a Raider someday...like Ethan Horton...and Harvey Williams. Leon's agent is happy. Leon's father is happy. Leon ain't wearin' no diaper. Leon's got to get his props.

Check Leon's website here:
http://leon.budweiser.com/leon_home.html

Who loves ya baby?
LEON!!

CASHMAN
12-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Im glad to see LJ finally living up to his potential. Bye bye Blaylock....it was nice knowing you.

Its statments like that that show you have no faith in or players, so if collins would of started today and we would of won 1 game you would of said bye-bye to trent? and are you also saying bye to priest?
This is why i laugh at alot of things that are said on here by the arm chair QBs :p

CASHMAN.

4th and Long
12-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Leon is finally getting his chance. Leon knew all along Leon could run and catch. Leon wants to show the Raiders what he can do because Leon may end up being a Raider someday...like Ethan Horton...and Harvey Williams. Leon's agent is happy. Leon's father is happy. Leon ain't wearin' no diaper. Leon's got to get his props.

Check Leon's website here:
http://leon.budweiser.com/leon_home.html

Who loves ya baby?
LEON!!
ROFL

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Its statments like that that show you have no faith in or players, so if collins would of started today and we would of won 1 game you would of said bye-bye to trent? and are you also saying bye to priest?
This is why i laugh at alot of things that are said on here by the arm chair QBs :p

CASHMAN.

Sorry, i didnt mean to say that Blaylock has no talent. I would love to keep the guy to be honest, but we have too much invested in LJ. We are going to let Blaylock walk in the offseason. Just my guy feeling.

CASHMAN
12-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Sorry, i didnt mean to say that Blaylock has no talent. I would love to keep the guy to be honest, but we have too much invested in LJ. We are going to let Blaylock walk in the offseason. Just my guy feeling.

I KNOW.

CASHMAN.

CASHMAN
12-05-2004, 04:32 PM
WTF is Oh' Dexter doing in there?

I know he gave up a TD cuttt hisss assssss nowwwwwwwww :cuss: :)

CASHMAN.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2004, 04:33 PM
It's called experience. Amazing what a little playing time will do for good players. Of course, Chiefs fans aren't known for their patience.

gblowfish
12-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Why'd they take Leon out in the Red Zone? Leon moved them down the field, then they take Leon out...and the drive stalls. I think they don't want Leon to score. Don't want Leon to build up his stats. Don't want Leon to re-negotiate his deal. Damn! Where'd Joe Horn hide that cellphone? Leon needs to call his agent and his daddy NOW!!!

David.
12-05-2004, 04:45 PM
EVERYONE GET OFF MY BANDWAGON GD IT

penchief
12-05-2004, 05:05 PM
I am glad to see Johnson do well. I have never understood the criticism for someone that was never given an opportunity to prove himself. Even the criticisms about his attitude have baffled me. He signed on time, came into camp ready to prove himself only to be immediatley shat on by Vermiel, and the only time I recall him being critical was when he told Vermeil to talk to him "like a man." I have provided a spirited defense of LJ's ability ever since the day he was drafted and I am glad to see that he is silencing his critics.

The good news is that he hasn't even broken one yet. Chief fans will get used to seeing long touchdown runs by LJ once he gets into the open field with only a linebacker and a couple DB's between him and the endzone. He is excellent in picking running lanes and taking the right angles to avoid defenders once he sees the endzone. Plus, he has much more speed than anyone on this board will give him credit for.

Here's to LJ proving himself in the NFL. He will give Chief fans a lot of excitement in the future if the Chiefs aren't stupid enough to trade him. The skills I saw at Penn State are skills that equate to success in the NFL. It's ironic that he seems to be showing us all what he can do the first time he gets a real chance.

Cochise
12-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Here's to LJ proving himself in the NFL. He will give Chief fans a lot of excitement in the future if the Chiefs aren't stupid enough to trade him. The skills I saw at Penn State are skills that equate to success in the NFL. It's ironic that he seems to be showing us all what he can do the first time he gets a real chance.

Totally agree.

All the 'Penn State running backs suck' stuff you read is completely retarded. LJ is not Curtis Enis. He's not Ki-Jana Carter. He's not Blair Thomas either. What those guys did in the past has nothing to do with him.

The fact is that he's starting to prove himself, in my mind at least, because he's finally gotten a chance to play. The guy isn't a chump, and he wasn't a Heisman finalist for nothing.

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 05:15 PM

CASHMAN.
Don't call me an arm chair QB. I'm a Monday morning QB.

penchief
12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Totally agree.

All the 'Penn State running backs suck' stuff you read is completely retarded. LJ is not Curtis Enis. He's not Ki-Jana Carter. He's not Blair Thomas either. What those guys did in the past has nothing to do with him.

The fact is that he's starting to prove himself, in my mind at least, because he's finally gotten a chance to play. The guy isn't a chump, and he wasn't a Heisman finalist for nothing.

And he didn't rush for over 2000 yards in the Big Ten because he sucks, either. He ran for over 2000 yards in 12 games because he breaks a lot of long runs.

David.
12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
EVERYONE OFF!

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 05:19 PM
I am glad to see Johnson do well. I have never understood the criticism for someone that was never given an opportunity to prove himself. Even the criticisms about his attitude have baffled me. He signed on time, came into camp ready to prove himself only to be immediatley shat on by Vermiel, and the only time I recall him being critical was when he told Vermeil to talk to him "like a man." I have provided a spirited defense of LJ's ability ever since the day he was drafted and I am glad to see that he is silencing his critics.

The good news is that he hasn't even broken one yet. Chief fans will get used to seeing long touchdown runs by LJ once he gets into the open field with only a linebacker and a couple DB's between him and the endzone. He is excellent in picking running lanes and taking the right angles to avoid defenders once he sees the endzone. Plus, he has much more speed than anyone on this board will give him credit for.

Well, that's not what Bob_Dole said.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2004, 05:20 PM
PBJ LJ got the game ball PBJ

Cochise
And he didn't rush for over 2000 yards in the Big Ten because he sucks, either. He ran for over 2000 yards in 12 games because he breaks a lot of long runs.

Shhh, breaking off big runs is a sign that you suck.

David.
I seriously find this hilarious. No one backs me up when I'm getting grilled for backing LJ, but now that he rushes for 121 all of a sudden the MAJORITY think he's good. :hmmm: funny how that works YOU BASTARDS :cuss:

:)

penchief
12-05-2004, 05:21 PM
EVERYONE OFF!

Sorry David. LYNHACK and penchief are the founding fathers of the LJ Bandwagon. Glad to see that you have been there from the start as well, though.

tk13
12-05-2004, 05:21 PM
ROFL DV just said that Larry got the game ball... good stuff.

David.
12-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Sorry David. LYNHACK and penchief are the founding fathers of the LJ Bandwagon. Glad to see that you have been there from the start as well, though.

PFFFFT BS where were you guys when I was getting dogpiled for saying LJ is gonna be a good back? Huh? I didn't think so.

Coach
12-05-2004, 05:22 PM

And Larry deserves it.

Cochise
12-05-2004, 05:23 PM
I seriously find this hilarious. No one backs me up when I'm getting grilled for backing LJ, but now that he rushes for 121 all of a sudden the MAJORITY think he's good. :hmmm: funny how that works YOU BASTARDS :cuss:

There have been plenty of us around here who said we were reserving judgement until he had gotten a chance to show what he could do, more than just spot carries here and there anyway.

Still not sold, but obviously he looks like he can play today.

Deberg_1990

I think the diapers officially came off today.

Deberg_1990
There have been plenty of us around here who said we were reserving judgement until he had gotten a chance to show what he could do, more than just spot carries here and there anyway.

Still not sold, but obviously he looks like he can play today.

WTF is he going to have to do to "sell" himself to you?? Damn!

tk13
12-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Yeah I'm really happy for the guy. I've been one of the idiots who thinks Larry can be a better every-down back than Blaylock... it makes me excited to see any of our young draft picks do well.... hopefully he builds on it and has a good showing on MNF next week.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah I'm really happy for the guy. I've been one of the idiots who thinks Larry can be a better every-down back than Blaylock... it makes me excited to see any of our young draft picks do well.... hopefully he builds on it and has a good showing on MNF next week.

exactly! as bad as most of our picks have been the last few years, everyone on this board should be rejoicing today! The future looks bright.

penchief
12-05-2004, 05:29 PM

Again, unless you are LYNHACK with a new handle, you are to be commended for you support of LJ but you are not the first and only. Plus, there have been others. LYNHACK was the first. I was the most vocal. I didn't take a lot of criticism; it's just that nobody believed me.

David.
12-05-2004, 05:30 PM
maybe when he was drafted you were vocal, but when everyone was down on LJ this year, I sure didn't see you guys. But it doesn't matter. He did good today, which is good news.

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 05:32 PM
PFFFFT BS where were you guys when I was getting dogpiled for saying LJ is gonna be a good back? Huh? I didn't think so.
Yeah and neither side knew what they were talking about because neither had ever seen him play.

Coach
12-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Johnson:

Rushing: 20 carries, 118 yds, 5.9 avg, 1 TD, 34yds longest run

Receiving: 3 recs, 56yds, 18.6 avg, 1 TD, 29 yds longest rec (no drops)

Total: 174 yds total offense, 2 TD's, 7.6 yds per touch

Now, THOSE are the types of #'s a 1st rd pick should have. Great game by LJ! Somebody said earlier, he needs about 20-25 carries a game to really shine. I think he's done enough to start next week if Priest is still out.

morphius
David - I backed him up a few times, and kept my hopes up that he would be decent. But I wasn't going to argue a lot about it until he got some playing time.

Cochise
WTF is he going to have to do to "sell" himself to you?? Damn!

Produce over more than the span of one or two games, I guess.

penchief
12-05-2004, 05:35 PM

David, I'm not going to argue about this because it is silly but the archives will prove what I am saying. I have given detailed analysis of his running style and why I thought it was a good pick on numerous occasions. I am sure that you have as well. I haven't been posting for a while but most of my posts were last year and early this year. If you have been posting mostly this year then I can understand why we don't know of each other.

Anyway, the important thing is that our faith in LJ has been rewarded and both of us, as well as LYNHACK, have the right to say, "I told you so."

I'm still waiting for the long TD runs. That's when it's going to get fun.

David.
12-05-2004, 05:35 PM
I think we need to keep DB off the field, maybe then other teams will forget about him and we can keep him :)

tk13
12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Johnson:

Rushing: 20 carries, 118 yds, 5.9 avg, 1 TD, 34yds longest run

Receiving: 3 recs, 56yds, 18.6 avg, 1 TD, 29 yds longest rec (no drops)

Total: 174 yds total offense, 2 TD's, 7.6 yds per touch

Now, THOSE are the types of #'s a 1st rd pick should have. Great game by LJ! Somebody said earlier, he needs about 20-25 carries a game to really shine. I think he's done enough to start next week if Priest is still out.
That 34 yard run is the longest run we've had from a RB all season. That's what I like about him, he's not as "smart" of a runner as Priest or Blaylock but I think he has the best chance of being a home run threat... if he gets it figured out we could have something good on our hands.

Douche Baggins
12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Now Carl gets to claim credit for drafting him.

Oh well. I've supported Larry all along. Glad to see him kicking ass.

Spicy McHaggis
12-05-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm glad LJ is doing well, I'd never not want a Chief to succeed. Its encouraging because it brightens the 2002 draft and the future. I've criticized LJ in the past but I believe my ?'s about him were justified. He did a great job today and I'm looking forward to seeing if he can do it again and not just against the Raiders D.

penchief
12-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah and neither side knew what they were talking about because neither had ever seen him play.

That's right. The only thing we had to go on was his performance at Penn State. I evaluated his skills based on seeing him play every week in college, as did LYNHACK, while most on this board compared him to Curtis Enis or KiJana Carter. That is the difference.

Again, he has been given one chance to prove himself and he did. I am confident that given the chance again he will do the same again. I base that opinion on the same thing that I based my initial opinion on, watching him play when he has been given the opportunity.

2bikemike
12-05-2004, 05:41 PM
While I never dogged LJ about his abilities I did dog him about him running his mouth.

I also said he didn't show me anything against New Orleans (I think)
He did look pretty good today and he deserves the game ball. I think we have the best situation at running back going into next year. We can let Blaylock go and LJ can back up Priest if he decides to stick around. (which I think he will) LJ is not far from the starting job here in KC.

Either way Blaylock or LJ who ever we keep will be ok with me. Personally I think we keep LJ and let Blaylock go simply because of the current contract for LJ.

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 05:55 PM
It's not that LJ is so good. It's the system. We can plug in any running back and he'll go for 1000 yards. (Does this remind you of anyone?)

|Zach|
12-05-2004, 05:58 PM
It's not that LJ is so good. It's the system. We can plug in any running back and he'll go for 1000 yards. (Does this remind you of anyone?)
ROFL

Coach
12-05-2004, 06:01 PM
At least one thing for certain is that LJ IMHO, did better on his pass-blocking protection.

penchief
12-05-2004, 06:02 PM
maybe when he was drafted you were vocal, but when everyone was down on LJ this year, I sure didn't see you guys. But it doesn't matter. He did good today, which is good news.

You're right. I have been taking care of personal business most of this season but I never saw an LJ thread I didn't chime in on.

ROYC75
12-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Personally, I didn't see him do anything any of our backs couldn't do.

I'm still pissed with the pick of LJ instead of going for defensive help.

Bwana
12-05-2004, 06:13 PM
It's AMAZING what a guy can do if given a chance. He did look good.

ROYC75
12-05-2004, 06:16 PM
It's AMAZING what a guy can do if given a chance. He did look good.

That statement applies to all of the players, right ? :hmmm: :p

RedandGold
12-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Personally, I didn't see him do anything any of our backs couldn't do.

I'm still pissed with the pick of LJ instead of going for defensive help.

Even though I would have rather seen us pick defense that year, there isn't anything that we can do about it now.

I'm just glad that we are finally getting to see a return on our investment.

BigRedChief
12-05-2004, 06:37 PM
He looked good thats for sure. 1st round good. I also like that he just hands the ball to the ref and goes back to the bench after a TD. Pretty classy stuff.

Coach
12-05-2004, 06:38 PM
After watching today's game, I'm thinking LJ deserves the #2 spot. He seems to have adjusted to the speed of the game, he's starting to follow his blockers better, and just has more "pop" at the point of contact than Blaylock -- LJ still has some momentum when hit, whereas Blaylock has more of a tendency to just crumble. Also, LJ has the size advantage to be more of a power runner. I haven't done a study per se, but it seems LJ has been more effective in the redzone as well the last two weeks.

Granted, there are reports of attitude problems, but can you really blame him? You kill yourself in practice and then aren't even asked to suit up. Also, if DV didn't want him before, he does now, so some of the problems he has had may be on their way to being resolved. Still, 2 games does not a career make, but at least there's genuine reason to be optimistic. Yeah the Raider's D sucks, but he did well against a solid SD defense.

With Blaylock's contract coming due after this year, LJ's future does look better in KC, and Blaylock may find a home with a different team. He's a good player, but we have more pressing needs, and Blaylock has not impressed me lately. He's great between the 20-yard lines, but loses his punch closer to the goal line. BTW, I've noticed some board members praising LJ like they never really disliked him, but were calling for his trade or outright release not too long ago.

alpha_omega
12-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Nice work LJ

Douche Baggins
12-05-2004, 06:44 PM
After watching today's game, I'm thinking LJ deserves the #2 spot. He seems to have adjusted to the speed of the game, he's starting to follow his blockers better, and just has more "pop" at the point of contact than Blaylock -- LJ still has some momentum when hit, whereas Blaylock has more of a tendency to just crumble. Also, LJ has the size advantage to be more of a power runner. I haven't done a study per se, but it seems LJ has been more effective in the redzone as well the last two weeks.

Granted, there are reports of attitude problems, but can you really blame him? You kill yourself in practice and then aren't even asked to suit up. Also, if DV didn't want him before, he does now, so some of the problems he has had may be on their way to being resolved. Still, 2 games does not a career make, but at least there's genuine reason to be optimistic. Yeah the Raider's D sucks, but he did well against a solid SD defense.

With Blaylock's contract coming due after this year, LJ's future does look better in KC, and Blaylock may find a home with a different team. He's a good player, but we have more pressing needs, and Blaylock has not impressed me lately. He's great between the 20-yard lines, but loses his punch closer to the goal line. BTW, I've noticed some board members praising LJ like they never really disliked him, but were calling for his trade or outright release not too long ago.

I agree with all of that....I think LJ will hold up better over the course of a season too.

LJ can do everything Blaylock can do and more.