PDA

View Full Version : Defense quitting on plays?

KCChiefsFan88
12-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Did anyone else think that the Chiefs defense flat out quit on several plays today, including the Raiders first TD with Curry? It looked like several Chiefs players just stood there and watched him stroll into the endzone.

Hard to tell if it was simply from the fact this defense is void of talent or if they are quitting on plays.

On that play though it looked like they quit.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2004, 06:48 PM
I do not believe that at all. I saw some very poor angles being taken to the ball.

Raiderhader
12-05-2004, 06:56 PM
I'll say this, that fat ass Ryan Sims quit on a play and pissed me right the f#ck off. When he came through on that bull rush and nearly had Collins he just layed there on the ground and pounded his fists in anger instead of getting up and pursuing. I have not been one of the Sims bashers (for that matter I haven't been on the bandwagon either), but that dude needs his ass kicked after that, big time.

Nelson Muntz
12-05-2004, 10:41 PM
I'll say this, that fat ass Ryan Sims quit on a play and pissed me right the f#ck off. When he came through on that bull rush and nearly had Collins he just layed there on the ground and pounded his fists in anger instead of getting up and pursuing. I have not been one of the Sims bashers (for that matter I haven't been on the bandwagon either), but that dude needs his ass kicked after that, big time.

No doubt. I don't know if I was more shocked that he did it, or more shocked that I half way expected it of him.

Bob Dole
12-05-2004, 10:46 PM
The 2 players in coverage just flat out quit on that pump-fake TD pass.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 10:47 PM

And there you go. I think PLAYERS quit on our defense, not our defense...

McClingon is as good as gone next year. Bartee is failing his final exam. Maz can't stay healthy. I think we'll see more changes than people think.

Bob Dole
12-05-2004, 10:48 PM

McClingon is as good as gone next year. Bartee is failing his final exam. Maz can't stay healthy. I think we'll see more changes than people think.

Want a sad stat?

Bartee led the team in tackles today.

Nelson Muntz
12-05-2004, 10:49 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing 9 changes. Keep Allen and Dalton, the rest either need to be gone or could be replaced with someone of equal talent for less money.

Rain Man

Exactly. I was going to post about that myself. Get up and keep running, you big lug! What was that about?

On the other end of the spectrum, I had to laugh at that Rai der guy who nailed Blaylock. The dude's strutting around and then looked back five seconds later to see a potential fumble. Idiot.

Raiderhader

Bartee bit hard on that pump-fake. The safety not so bad, but bad enough.

Raiderhader
12-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Exactly. I was going to post about that myself. Get up and keep running, you big lug! What was that about?

On the other end of the spectrum, I had to laugh at that Rai der guy who nailed Blaylock. The dude's strutting around and then looked back five seconds later to see a potential fumble. Idiot.

Trent just hung Blaylock out to dry on that pass. Ol' DB must have pissed in Green's cheerios or something during the week.