PDA

View Full Version : Was Fujita playing DE at the end of the game?

el borracho
12-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Was Fujita playing DE at the end of the game? If so, why?

Coach
12-05-2004, 07:00 PM
It could had been a 3-4 as Fuji would had lined as an outside LB, on a blitzing down, but I'm not quite sure.

ChiefsFire
12-05-2004, 07:00 PM
i think he was lined up as lb blitzer

Mr. Laz
12-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Was Fujita playing DE at the end of the game? If so, why?

cause hicks sucks sh!t...

el borracho
12-05-2004, 07:26 PM
While I agree that "Hicks sucks shit" I am wondering why Wilkerson was not in. Or was Wilkerson in, and Allen out? I couldn't catch the lineup at the bar. Does anyone know who was in at the end of the game?

Mr. Laz
12-05-2004, 07:36 PM
While I agree that "Hicks sucks shit" I am wondering why Wilkerson was not in. Or was Wilkerson in, and Allen out? I couldn't catch the lineup at the bar. Does anyone know who was in at the end of the game?
i dont know for sure because i didnt watch is over again, but i think the chiefs went to their 3 dline pass rush. Hicks and Allen are not part of that package.

it was almost a version of a 3-4 defense with Fujiat being the pass rushing backer playing in a stand up position at LDE.

looked like something Gunther prolly brought over from tennessee. The package they had for Jevon Kearse.

alanm
12-05-2004, 07:41 PM
They had Fujita lining up on the LOS alot during the game. I wonder if Gunther was running some kind of version of the Falcon?

RedandGold
12-05-2004, 07:41 PM

Well, if you can say anything about Hicks over the course of the last four seasons, he's consistent!

:rolleyes:

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Fujita was bliting from a 3-4.

And sucking. Got his ass kicked by Robert Gallery mostly. At best he got a minor push.

alpha_omega
12-05-2004, 07:44 PM

And sucking. Got his ass kicked by Robert Gallery mostly. At best he got a minor push.

Agreed...big time!!!
...a VERY minor push...if at all

el borracho
12-05-2004, 07:45 PM

Yep, I saw Gallery on the right with Fujita lined up across from him. The whole thing looked weird.

el borracho
12-05-2004, 07:46 PM
i dont know for sure because i didnt watch is over again, but i think the chiefs went to their 3 dline pass rush. Hicks and Allen are not part of that package.

it was almost a version of a 3-4 defense with Fujiat being the pass rushing backer playing in a stand up position at LDE.

looked like something Gunther prolly brought over from tennessee. The package they had for Jevon Kearse.
So, who else is in that package? Have we done that before this year and I just didn't notice?

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 07:47 PM
I think Fujita is way overrated around these parts. He would be a good back-up, but I'd rather have someone who can tackle like they mean it. I hope we let him walk or re-sign him to the minimum.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Gunn was just on the post game show, he said they moved Fuj around alot in the 2cond half.

If you noticed better play in the D, I guess Gunn let them have it at half time. He said he couldn't hold it in no more

morphius
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
I think Fujita is way overrated around these parts. He would be a good back-up, but I'd rather have someone who can tackle like they mean it. I hope we let him walk or re-sign him to the minimum.
I think you are basing that off of early season talk when he was looking decent, and last year when he was one of the few decent LB's out there. I don't think many people have been pimping him up for a while here.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2004, 08:23 PM

Fujita's pretty good.

He's not very good rushing straight up against a good offensive tackle.

He does have 4.5 sacks this year....

Coach
12-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Fujita's pretty good.

He's not very good rushing straight up against a good offensive tackle.

He does have 4.5 sacks this year....

I think he is more of a rushing straight up aganist a center and a guard, but that's my opinion.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2004, 08:26 PM
I think he is more of a rushing straight up aganist a center and a guard, but that's my opinion.

I think he's better off just blitzing. He's not going to beat good offensive tackles on one one.

I saw Gary Stills get a sack from RDE. I liked that. Hell even Ryan Sims got some pressure today.