PDA

View Full Version : Is Larry Johnson regaining some trade value?

Kylo Ren
12-05-2004, 07:18 PM
I hope we keep playing him and I hope he keeps playing well. I know some on this BB will agree and some won't, but I want to go on the record: I want KC to resign Blaylock and trade LJ. I don't care about his "potential". I don't like him. I think he's a "potential" locker room cancer. :mad:

Go LJ GO !!!

Saulbadguy
12-05-2004, 07:19 PM
I'd rather trade Blaylock and keep LJ....

Mr. Laz
12-05-2004, 07:21 PM

blaylock only signed a 1 year contract... this is his last year

there is no blaylock to trade

Hammock Parties
12-05-2004, 07:21 PM
KEEP LJ

He's better than Blaylock

Phobia
12-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Not only no, but hell no. LJ is the future. He always has been.

Saulbadguy
blaylock only signed a 1 year contract... this is his last year

there is no blaylock to trade
Good point.

I'd rather not re-sign Blaylock, and keep Larry Johnson.

Wile_E_Coyote
to be fair it's a little early for this

suds79
12-05-2004, 07:23 PM
I don't want either of them.

But if I had to choose, I'd take LJ.

Is Lamont Jordan a FA yet?

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
12-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Why do you think LJ is a potential locker room cancer? I think the guy just wanted a chance to play and show what he can do.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2004, 07:26 PM
I think in the last few weeks LJ has become a fan favorite. The DV thing may be why

MonroeChief
12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Why do you think LJ is a potential locker room cancer? I think the guy just wanted a chance to play and show what he can do.

From reading the Star, LJ is considered a cancer due to the differences between him and Vermiel. I don't think Vermiel wanted him in the first place and when Priest came back full force he was excess baggage.

DeepSouth
12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Next year, you might see LJ and Priest in the same backfield. If they want to put the best players on the field, why wouldn't they do this?

ROYC75
12-05-2004, 07:31 PM

LJ is here to stay, Blaylock will be gone, I could see them using Easy as a RB next year since Wilson will be around to learn the FB position as well.

Bye Bye Blaylock.

( BTW, nothing changed.....I still think we should have went defense on the LJ pick )

el borracho
12-05-2004, 07:35 PM
From reading the Star, LJ is considered a cancer due to the differences between him and Vermiel. I don't think Vermiel wanted him in the first place and when Priest came back full force he was excess baggage.
So anytime Vermeil publicly ridicules a player they become a cancer? Is that how that works?

MonroeChief
12-05-2004, 07:40 PM
So anytime Vermeil publicly ridicules a player they become a cancer? Is that how that works?

Did you not see the weeks worth of back and forth? I'd say that DV did his best to insult LJ and LJ took the insult and ran with it.

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Again, we aren't trading LJ. Blaylock is only re-signed through this season and LJ is signed for a few more years. Blaylock is the odd man out. Some need to realize there's a salary cap.

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Trade deadline was over weeks ago. We won't get shit for Blaylock.

Kylo Ren
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Trade LJ next off season. Some team will be desperate for a RB.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Trade deadline was over weeks ago. We won't get shit for Blaylock.

Might get a low round compensatory pick (6th, 7th) for him. I doubt it though...

Saulbadguy
12-05-2004, 08:22 PM
So we will have to sign 2 RB's then instead of 1? Ok, makes sense. :shrug:

Kylo Ren
12-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Trade LJ next off season. Some team will be desperate for a RB. We need more draft picks to rebuild our team. The Chiefs are getting old.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 08:33 PM
So we will have to sign 2 RB's then instead of 1? Ok, makes sense. :shrug:

I'm going to go pee on his car...

Alphaman
12-05-2004, 08:36 PM
I hope we keep playing him and I hope he keeps playing well. I know some on this BB will agree and some won't, but I want to go on the record: I want KC to resign Blaylock and trade LJ. I don't care about his "potential". I don't like him. I think he's a "potential" locker room cancer. :mad:

Go LJ GO !!!

Given the need to overhaul the defense and upgrade both starting WRs, that would be a poor move from a cap standpoint. LJ helped the Chiefs front office today. Now they can let Blaylock walk with a clear conscious.

Alphaman
12-05-2004, 08:37 PM

Too many backs available in FA...

Anthony Thomas RB 26 Chicago
Rudi Johnson RB 25 Cincinnati
Edgerrin James RB 26 Indianapolis
Dominic Rhodes RB 26 Indianapolis
Corel Buckhalter RB 26 Philadelphia
Brian Westbrook RB 25 Philadelphia
Shaun Alexander RB 27 Seattle
Najeh Davenport RB 25 Green Bay
Chester Taylor RB 25 Baltimore
Lamont Jordan RB 26 NY Jets

Saulbadguy
12-05-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm going to go pee on his car...
On Larry Johnsons or Gunther_Fans?

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 08:39 PM

Go LJ GO !!!
I don't think anyone should listen to you. Not just because you're stupid but because you are a BBS cancer. Not a "potential" cancer, you are a real and immediate cancer.

Kylo Ren
12-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Too many backs available in FA...

Anthony Thomas RB 26 Chicago
Rudi Johnson RB 25 Cincinnati
Edgerrin James RB 26 Indianapolis
Dominic Rhodes RB 26 Indianapolis
Corel Buckhalter RB 26 Philadelphia
Brian Westbrook RB 25 Philadelphia
Shaun Alexander RB 27 Seattle
Najeh Davenport RB 25 Green Bay
Chester Taylor RB 25 Baltimore
Lamont Jordan RB 26 NY Jets OK. So wouldn't this decrease Blaylock's value and allow us to resign him?

Saulbadguy
12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
OK. So wouldn't this decrease Blaylock's value and allow us to resign him?
We could, or we could let him test FA and give him the chance he deserves as possibly a starter on another team. LJ clearly deserves to be the #2 back on this team.

I say let Blaylock become a FA, and draft a RB in the late rounds (5-7).

Rausch
12-05-2004, 08:47 PM
On Larry Johnsons or Gunther_Fans?

Dummer_fan's...

Saulbadguy
12-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Dummer_fan's...
You take the windshield, i'll take the gas tank. I'll eat a few bowls of Honey Smacks before hand. That should do the trick.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Keep LJ, no trade.

Cya blaylock.

crossbow
12-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Priest has had a serious injury the last two years. He is about done for. LJ ain't going anywhere. He is a Chief now and will be for years. I was glad he stood up for himself. Glad too that he wants to play.

David.
12-05-2004, 08:51 PM
urgay

Sure-Oz
12-05-2004, 08:53 PM
DId dick lick say anything about LJ's performance after the game??? He looked way better than blaylock and was hitting the holes quick. He also moved the piled forward, great job by LJ.

Otter
12-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Why are you so ready to trade Johnson?

Blaylock is a free agent and Priest hasn't had a full season for 2 years.

Think numbnuts.

Braincase
12-05-2004, 09:07 PM
My only problem with LJ has been the attitude. I expect a rookie on my team to tell the coach, "What can I do to help?" rather than "When is it my turn?".

Sure-Oz
12-05-2004, 09:10 PM
He has said that within the last week or so that he just wants to get out there and help the team. I hope he continues this and is a main stay at the RB pos. when priest is gone. Handing the ball to the ref tells me enough, he just went out and did business once again today.

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 09:34 PM
My only problem with LJ has been the attitude. I expect a rookie on my team to tell the coach, "What can I do to help?" rather than "When is it my turn?".
That surprises me coming from you. LJ quickly signed with us and was in camp on time. As far as I know, LJ only crossed DV after DV insulted him with the "diapergate" comments in the media. I garontee you I would have fought back under those circumstances. And, LJ probably perceived that DV was stunting his career by leaving him inactive week after week. I would compare it to a shit-hot law school graduate who was courted by many firms only to find out the one he signed with is using him for a mail boy. Would I be pissed? Yes, and so would you. But, IIRC, LJ didn't say anything until DV started with the diaper shit in the media. I think DV is getting senile if he isn't already there.

sparkky
12-05-2004, 09:41 PM
I just stopped by to eat some crow. Not many have bashed LJ harder than I have. I must admit he hasn't looked to bad.
I still think Blaylock fits the system better and won't be a locker room issue.
I doubt we trade LJ due to the cap issues.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2004, 09:43 PM
I just stopped by to eat some crow. Not many have bashed LJ harder than I have. I must admit he hasn't looked to bad.
I still think Blaylock fits the system better and won't be a locker room issue.
I doubt we trade LJ due to the cap issues.
I believe LJ is well liked and the only time he was in the media was when dick opened his mouth.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2004, 09:44 PM
DId dick lick say anything about LJ's performance after the game??? He looked way better than blaylock and was hitting the holes quick. He also moved the piled forward, great job by LJ.

He gave him the game ball

Rausch
12-05-2004, 09:46 PM
He gave him the game ball ROFL

morphius
12-05-2004, 09:47 PM
The reason I have rooted for LJ is pretty simple. I LJ turns out to what I hope he can be, then we don't have to spend the cap money trying to resign blaylock next season. I like Blaylock, he is a decent player, but we need that money for D.

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 10:00 PM
I agree with a few others so far who think that LJ has looked better as a starter than Blaylock. I like Blaylock too, but he's revealing himself to be more of a third-down back.

Logical
12-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Given the need to overhaul the defense and upgrade both starting WRs, that would be a poor move from a cap standpoint. LJ helped the Chiefs front office today. Now they can let Blaylock walk with a clear conscious.

I won't go quite that far, let him do something against a decent defense first.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2004, 10:10 PM
I think in the last few weeks LJ has become a fan favorite. The DV thing may be whyDV and Vlad have all but made me root for LJ.

I railed against the pick at the time, but what's done is done, and it's time for some people to get the **** over it. I've always held the belief he could end up becoming a pretty damn good RB (and I think Blaylock can become quite nice, too), and today's game definitely cemented that belief.

bricks
12-05-2004, 10:10 PM
I won't go quite that far, let him do something against a decent defense first.

Yeah I agree. The sh*ts don't exactly have a D to brag about.

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 10:12 PM
I agree with a few others so far who think that LJ has looked better as a starter than Blaylock. I like Blaylock too, but he's revealing himself to be more of a third-down back.
We had a RB that reminds me very much of Blaylock during the Marty regime. We didn't offer him as much money as he wanted so he went to Houston. A year or so later, he was back with us. He was a good back but wasn't starter material. I can't remember his name. Somebody help me.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 10:14 PM
We had a RB that reminds me very much of Blaylock during the Marty regime. We didn't offer him as much money as he wanted so he went to Houston. A year or so later, he was back with us. He was a good back but wasn't starter material. I can't remember his name. Somebody help me.

Todd McNair?

And FTR, I think McNair would have been tits in this offense...

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 10:15 PM

Todd McNair?

I didn't remember him coming back as a player, though I think he's an assistant coach somewhere now. I could be wrong on both counts, though.

McNair was an awesome third-down back and special teams guy.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2004, 10:16 PM
We need more draft picks to rebuild our team. The Chiefs are getting old.Uh... LJ, himself, was a draft pick just two drafts prior to the 2005 draft.

I think it would be awesome, from my homeristic vantage point, if the Chiefs traded LJ and drafted DeAngelo "Priest Jr." Williams to be the backup and replace Priest in a year or two, but from a personnel management standpoint, that's insanely idiotic. If you trade one backup RB (you just drafted in the first round two years ago) and lose your other through free agency, then spend a draft pick on a replacement, all you're doing is keeping yourself from filling another hole.

ChiefsFanatik88
12-05-2004, 10:16 PM
I think it was bad management that led to LJ speaking out like he did. But what has happened has happened and I think LJ is a better overall running back that Blaylock. LJ has a wide scope of vision while Blaylock has tunnel vision {at least what I saw of the first half of the Raider game}. He can't see someone coming from his sides.
I don't think KC will trade LJ. Blaylock will want more money that KC will be willing to give for a 2nd string player. But who knows, Priest might retire after the season or before.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 10:18 PM
I think it was bad management that led to LJ speaking out like he did.

No PT + Frustration of losing = outburst...

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 10:19 PM
DV and Vlad have all but made me root for LJ.

I railed against the pick at the time, but what's done is done, and it's time for some people to get the **** over it. I've always held the belief he could end up becoming a pretty damn good RB (and I think Blaylock can become quite nice, too), and today's game definitely cemented that belief.
Did a squirrel eat your brains or are you just naturally that stupid? Eli...uh I mean LJ is the second coming of John Riggins. Anybody that thinks otherwise is a MUron.

Hoover
12-05-2004, 10:20 PM
I have always said, he just wants to play and I like that in any player. Plus we should have know he was that way, he did the same in College.

The Chief need to focus 100% of their offseason on Defense, then just plan to run the ball 30 times a game, Priest as the starter, and LJ to spell Priest and keep him fresh. All that running should open Tony G up as well as our Okay WRs. Priest and LJ can take us to the Super Bowl and Priest can hang it up as a champ.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 10:21 PM
I have always said, he just wants to play and I like that in any player. Plus we should have know he was that way, he did the same in College.

The Chief need to focus 100% of their offseason on Defense, then just plan to run the ball 30 times a game, Priest as the starter, and LJ to spell Priest and keep him fresh. All that running should open Tony G up as well as our Okay WRs. Priest and LJ can take us to the Super Bowl and Priest can hang it up as a champ.

I couldn't agree more... :thumb:

David.
12-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Did a squirrel eat your brains or are you just naturally that stupid? Eli...uh I mean LJ is the second coming of John Riggins. Anybody that thinks otherwise is a MUron.

blindsided. YOU BASTARD

ROFL

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Todd McNair?

And FTR, I think McNair would have been tits in this offense...
Yep, it was McNair. I remember one game Marty gave him one carry and he went right up the middle for 23 yards. Marty took him out and he didn't get another carry that day. I started fvcking doubting Marty that day. Thanks for the help. My mind is getting feeble.(but you already knew that)

Logical
12-05-2004, 10:26 PM

Hopefully you would not mind too much if a decent WR fell into our laps. I pretty much agree with you otherwise, even on LJ being a backup. I would rather have Blaylock but wasting a draft pick by dumping LJ for nothing just is not a reasonable proposition.

whoman69
12-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Who can name the last star back the Chiefs have drafted? They don't grow on trees. When you find one you have to wait until it plays out. Getting rid of LJ would be the stupidest thing this franchise has done since drafting Steve Fuller in round one when Joe Montana was still on the board.

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Yep, it was McNair. I remember one game Marty gave him one carry and he went right up the middle for 23 yards. Marty took him out and he didn't get another carry that day. I started fvcking doubting Marty that day. Thanks for the help. My mind is getting feeble.(but you already knew that)

I think your mind is getting feeble. You were thinking of Todd McNair, but the one-carry game belonged to Greg Hill. He tore loose on his first carry, so Marty benched him.

Skip Towne
12-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Todd McNair?

I didn't remember him coming back as a player, though I think he's an assistant coach somewhere now. I could be wrong on both counts, though.

McNair was an awesome third-down back and special teams guy.
Yeah, he did come back as a player. I think he only spent one year in Houston.

Hoover
Hopefully you would not mind too much if a decent WR fell into our laps. I pretty much agree with you otherwise, even on LJ being a backup. I would rather have Blaylock but wasting a draft pick by dumping LJ for nothing just is not a reasonable proposition.
If we have a top 15 pick we must go with Defense (CB, DE, or LB), If a nice WR fell and was there in the 2nd, I would not have a problem. Also if we draft another DT I will go effin nuts.

Rausch
I think your mind is getting feeble. You were thinking of Todd McNair, but the one-carry game belonged to Greg Hill. He tore loose on his first carry, so Marty benched him.

VS Denber in the playoffs...

Logical
Who can name the last star back the Chiefs have drafted? They don't grow on trees. When you find one you have to wait until it plays out. Getting rid of LJ would be the stupidest thing this franchise has done since drafting Steve Fuller in round one when Joe Montana was still on the board.

Okoye and he was drafted before Carl Peterson became GM.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Also if we draft another DT I will go effin nuts.

Not as nuts as me if we draft ANOTHER ****ing safety.... :shake:

Logical
12-05-2004, 10:34 PM
If we have a top 15 pick we must go with Defense (CB, DE, or LB), If a nice WR fell and was there in the 2nd, I would not have a problem. Also if we draft another DT I will go effin nuts.

I agree with you, though I was actually also thinking of a WR making his way here in free agency such as Jerry Porter.

Hoover
12-05-2004, 10:43 PM
I agree with you, though I was actually also thinking of a WR making his way here in free agency such as Jerry Porter.
I'd love to nab a WR in FA, especially a guy like Porter. but to be 100% honest, besides a WR, what FA offensive player would earn a starting spot over the guys we currently have? None, but a WR.

I think we should look at a FA LBs, CBs and maybe a saftie to replace Woods, (Woods should be cut, or forced to Nickel or Dime packages)

Rausch
12-05-2004, 10:44 PM

Marvin harrison... :)

If you have to dream, dream BIG....

Logical
12-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Marvin harrison... :)

If you have to dream, dream BIG....:thumb::clap::thumb::clap::thumb:

Logical
12-05-2004, 10:51 PM
I'd love to nab a WR in FA, especially a guy like Porter. but to be 100% honest, besides a WR, what FA offensive player would earn a starting spot over the guys we currently have? None, but a WR.

I think we should look at a FA LBs, CBs and maybe a saftie to replace Woods, (Woods should be cut, or forced to Nickel or Dime packages)

I pretty much agree with you, though a top notch true young offensive tackle or fullback would also be welcome. Our o-line and fullback have some imminent retirements.

Eleazar
12-05-2004, 11:18 PM
In this order:

MLB
CB
RDE
WR

BigChiefFan
12-05-2004, 11:20 PM
In this order:

MLB
CB
RDE
WR
I disagree we need OLBers in the worst way. We keep giving up the big plays outside the tackles.

DaWolf
12-06-2004, 01:50 AM
I think Blaylock is just not durable enough to keep. He's a good third down back and occasional starter, but as a full time guy I dunno, he seems too injury prone. I like the flashes we've seen from Johnson. Priest is past 30 and may not have more than a year or two left. I think the rest of this season should be given to LJ primarially and he should get the experience for next year. I don't really care about increasing Blaylock's payday. Next year we need to see Holmes starting and Johnson spelling him more. It would be a nice combo of slasher and more power, cause they are different types of back. It would save Priest for the long haul, and when we get into the red zone it should be all Priest. But he's been so injured and banged up the last few years I don't think he needs to carry it all the time, especially if we can beef up the WR corps.

As far as LJ's attitude, hey that is just the new breed of ballplayer it seems. Willis McGahee was the same way in Buffalo and he is now producing. If LJ produces, nothing else matters...

tk13
12-06-2004, 01:57 AM
In reality, the worst part of all this is that I have Priest and Blaylock on my FFL team and I don't know if I should go after LJ now. :)

David.
12-06-2004, 02:21 AM
In reality, the worst part of all this is that I have Priest and Blaylock on my FFL team and I don't know if I should go after LJ now. :)

me too. Sucks. Kind of :)

Frankie
12-06-2004, 05:09 AM
CBS didn't show the game here and I had a busy day anyway. But I heard that he gained 170+ yards. Ironically, though, when I saw the Chiefs/Raiders highlights, LJ's runs didn't look all that good. I don't like his upright style. I love the way Priest runs. Blaylock runs that way as well.

Gaz
12-06-2004, 06:54 AM
Larry Johnson will be the #2 RB behind Holmes. Blaylock will be somewhere else [because I do not believe he will settle for #3 RB when a number of teams NEED a RB].

xoxo~
Gaz
Warming up to Holmes/Johnson.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2004, 06:57 AM
CBS didn't show the game here and I had a busy day anyway. But I heard that he gained 170+ yards. Ironically, though, when I saw the Chiefs/Raiders highlights, LJ's runs didn't look all that good. I don't like his upright style. I love the way Priest runs. Blaylock runs that way as well.

Marcus Allen's upright style sucked shit.

Ultra Peanut
12-06-2004, 08:04 AM
DAAAAMNATION! NO DONATION, NO SALVATION!

/GTA2

StcChief
12-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Let LJ play against some better D teams and see how he
does. His stock is going up for now.

We can decide if trade a for D player or keep him later.

jspchief
12-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Ironically, though, when I saw the Chiefs/Raiders highlights, LJ's runs didn't look all that good. I don't like his upright style. I love the way Priest runs. Blaylock runs that way as well.

Yea, who cares if he gains 5+ yards per carry if he looks goofy doing it. I'd much rather have a back that looks good and runs for 3 ypc. Gale Sayers had that ridiculous upright style too...man he looked dumb piling up yards.

jspchief
12-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Let LJ play against some better D teams and see how he
does. His stock is going up for now.

We can decide if trade a for D player or keep him later.

He ran well against Sandy Eggo's #2 ranked run defense. Obviously it's just 2 games, but he's certainly shown enough to keep me hopeful.

Blaylock would be great to have on the roster next year, but retaining him is a luxury I only want if we've already addressed our true weaknesses.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-06-2004, 08:47 AM

Go LJ GO !!!
I say we trade you and keep LJ.

Frankie
12-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Marcus Allen's upright style sucked shit.
Yea, who cares if he gains 5+ yards per carry if he looks goofy doing it. I'd much rather have a back that looks good and runs for 3 ypc. Gale Sayers had that ridiculous upright style too...man he looked dumb piling up yards.

Gentlemen, gentlemen. It was just a preference. I love the way Priest runs, with the quick burst and the forward slant. Somehow that gives me more of a reassurance by "looking" so awesome and consistant. So sue me. All I said was "the highlights" were not that pretty. :shrug:

Brock
12-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Gentlemen, gentlemen. It was just a preference. I love the way Priest runs, with the quick burst and the forward slant. Somehow that gives me more of a reassurance by "looking" so awesome and consistant. So sue me. All I said was "the highlights" were not that pretty. :shrug:

:rolleyes: no comment necessary

Frankie
12-06-2004, 10:38 AM
Blaylock would be great to have on the roster next year, but retaining him is a luxury I only want if we've already addressed our true weaknesses.

Not if we get to keep him AND PRIEST and trade LJ for a good player in a position of need (or a good draft choice, I prefer the former).

stevieray
12-06-2004, 10:39 AM
you saw highlights. what you didn't see is how he broke tackles and fell forward after being tackled.

Dude is strong.

Ultra Peanut
12-06-2004, 10:40 AM
My favorite LJ play was the little swing pass for the TD.

BigChiefFan
12-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Not if we get to keep him AND PRIEST and trade LJ for a good player in a position of need (or a good draft choice, I prefer the former).
We will noty trade LJ. Why would we? He's signed for a few more years and Blaylock is a FA. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot and taking a cap hit, when we could just keep LJ.

Comfortable with LJ as the number two back.

King_Chief_Fan
12-06-2004, 12:20 PM
LJ has earned stay in KC value.
Trade Blaylock!!

Rausch
12-06-2004, 01:26 PM
you saw highlights. what you didn't see is how he broke tackles and fell forward after being tackled.

Dude is strong.

And my preference is for physical backs who can beat up a defense and seal the game late in the 4th, protecting our defense...

It's also why I like the Stephen Jackson pick by the Lambs...

chiefz
12-06-2004, 02:49 PM
How quickly things change with a couple of good performances! lol

BigChiefFan
12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
How quickly things change with a couple of good performances! lolNot everybody has been down on the LJ pick. Some supported it from day one.

dtebbe
12-06-2004, 04:39 PM
We may want to hold onto him. I still don't think it was the best way to use the pick that year, but he is here now, and so maybe we can make chicken soup from chicken poop. You never know.

Also, I have to give King Carl props on Jarred Allen. He's a stud in the making. All we need now is guy to come from the other side (among other things).

DT

ChiefsOne
12-06-2004, 04:50 PM
LJ is the future everydown back, maybe next year maybe in two or three. He is big and strong and a powerful runner. Blaylock is a great 3rd down, change of pace back, but probably wouldn't be great all season every down.

Would love to keep Blaylock for backup and special teams!

jspchief
12-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Not everybody has been down on the LJ pick. Some supported it from day one.

And a lot of people who were down on it weren't down on it because of the actual player. It was more of a "why another RB?" I hated the pick at the time, but also recognized the need for it.

My biggest problem was the kid couldn't even get on the field. I felt we should gave been getting him touches all along.

Logical
12-06-2004, 05:25 PM
We may want to hold onto him. I still don't think it was the best way to use the pick that year, but he is here now, and so maybe we can make chicken soup from chicken poop. You never know.

Also, I have to give King Carl props on Jarred Allen. He's a stud in the making. All we need now is guy to come from the other side (among other things).

DT

I won't give Carl credit 1 decent pick per draft is still poor to horrible performance.

Frankie
12-06-2004, 06:53 PM
We will noty trade LJ. Why would we? He's signed for a few more years and Blaylock is a FA. We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot and taking a cap hit, when we could just keep LJ.

Comfortable with LJ as the number two back.

But, is LJ?

Kylo Ren
12-14-2004, 09:20 AM
This topic seems relavant enough to bump. Not only is he regaining some trade value, maybe we now want to keep him over Blaylock. A few weeks ago, the majority on this BB were wanting to keep Blaylock and trade LJ.

TEX
12-14-2004, 09:26 AM
LJ has earned stay in KC value.
Trade Blaylock!!

Can't do it because Blaylock is a Free Agent after the season.

chiefz
12-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Not everybody has been down on the LJ pick. Some supported it from day one.

I have also been one of the few to support it from day one.

I don't think bad about the folks that thought the pick sucked because when you need defense so badly and pick another RB that can be a letdown even when there was an uncertainty about Priest Holmes status.

The ones that bothered me are the folks that wanted to trade him for a pack of smokes before he even got a chance to prove himself.

I for one watched him play a lot in college and a 7.7 AYPC and 2000+ yards is awesome no matter who you are playing against.

There were people on my site just begging to trade him for second string receivers and old broken down linebackers that were being paid league minimum just a few weeks ago.

Frankie
12-14-2004, 11:37 AM
The ones that bothered me are the folks that wanted to trade him for a pack of smokes before he even got a chance to prove himself.

I for one watched him play a lot in college and a 7.7 AYPC and 2000+ yards is awesome no matter who you are playing against.

There were people on my site just begging to trade him for second string receivers and old broken down linebackers that were being paid league minimum just a few weeks ago.

I was bothered as well with the fire-sale attitude. But I still think we should seriously consider trading him if:

1- we can get good value for him in the form of an established 'D' player or proper draft choices.

2- we can re-sign Playlock as Priest's back-up. He is a great fit in that role and Priest has several more years in him. Our future RB could then be adressed in the next few draft/FA years.

Frankie
12-14-2004, 11:43 AM
LJ and Barber to Buffalo for Travis Henry and Takeo Spikes. We'll even toss in Bartee. ;)

Just a thought.

whoman69
12-14-2004, 12:31 PM
If you can name all the other great running backs that we have drafted in the last dozen years and still think we should trade LJ, then you're just totally biased. Our record in the draft at RB is atrocious and if you think we can just grab another player of the calibre of LJ, I want to know what you are smoking.

ILChief
12-14-2004, 12:37 PM
no way we trade him. Blaylock is gone and Priest is a hugh injury risk