PDA

View Full Version : Where do you stand on Chiefs victories?

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Poll forthcoming.

Rausch
12-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Why does it always take you 10 minutes to get your poll up?

Raiderhader
12-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Why does it always take you 10 minutes to get your poll up?

Heh heh heh....

HolmeZz
12-05-2004, 10:44 PM
A higher draft pick does mean more to me than beating the Raiders at this point.

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 10:45 PM
I think many men underestimate the importance of poll foreplay.

Otter
12-05-2004, 10:46 PM
When we play the Raiders I want a win no matter what, otherwise I'm going for the high draft pick.

wazu
12-05-2004, 10:48 PM
We really lost today. Every game the Chiefs win for the rest of the season is basically equivalent to trading down in the 2005 draft and getting nothing for it.

That being said I still want to beat Denver, only to hurt them.

Logical
12-05-2004, 10:48 PM
We really lost today. Every game the Chiefs win for the rest of the season is basically equivalent to trading down in the 2005 draft and getting nothing for it.:clap::clap:

Rausch
12-05-2004, 10:49 PM
We really lost today. Every game the Chiefs win for the rest of the season is basically equivalent to trading down in the 2005 draft and getting nothing for it.

May Eli help us if we ever win a Super Bowl...

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm fine with it. I don't want us to go any better than 6-10 though.

I really want us to beat Denver. And I simply can't stomach allowing the Raiders to walk into Arrowhead and win.

tk13
12-05-2004, 10:56 PM
I understand where everybody's coming from, but I just can't get upset over beating the Raiders in their house. I just can't. I don't think it's completely black/white-negative/positive either... there are some intangible things gained today, like the fact that the offense finally got it's head on straight late in the game, and that the defense held somebody to 7 points in a half for the first time since who knows when... I don't think there's anything bad about that.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:00 PM
I don't think there's anything bad about that.

No, nothing. Except for the crappier draft pick.

Saulbadguy
12-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Happier than a pig in shit.

tk13
12-05-2004, 11:10 PM
No, nothing. Except for the crappier draft pick.
But that's working off the assumption that a draft pick is going to guarantee an improvement in success that will not be there because we've dropped 5 spots. Is tanking the season so we have a better choice in players that might be able to help us worth (for instance) possibly watching the offense lose confidence after failing miserably in the 4th quarter over and over again to get us that draft pick? I honestly don't know, it's an interesting question to debate....

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2004, 11:13 PM
the defense held somebody to 7 points in a half for the first time since who knows when... I don't think there's anything bad about that.

Whoa...I didn't realize that.

GOOOOOOOOONTHAR!

Logical
12-05-2004, 11:13 PM
But that's working off the assumption that a draft pick is going to guarantee an improvement in success that will not be there because we've dropped 5 spots. Is tanking the season so we have a better choice in players that might be able to help us worth (for instance) possibly watching the offense lose confidence after failing miserably in the 4th quarter over and over again to get us that draft pick? I honestly don't know, it's an interesting question to debate....

If it means finishing in the top 5 and taking a defender, I doubt even Carl can screw it up. However, if anyone can it would be Carl I have to grant you that.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-05-2004, 11:17 PM
I never, ever root for my team to lose.

Besides, the people grousing the most about Carl's draft picks are the ones wanting us to lose to get a higher draft pick. Why? If he's just going to blow it again, what does it matter?

I really don't give a crap about draft picks. I want the Chiefs to beat Oakland every time we play them. Same with the Broncos and Chargers.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:21 PM

I really think once the next season begins the last season goes out the window. Our offense knows how to play. They'll know how to play next year as well. I really don't see guys like Green, Holmes, Gonzo, and our O-line losing their nerve because of a late-season fade.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:21 PM

I'm rooting for my team to win....the Superbowl! What else matters?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-05-2004, 11:22 PM
I want the Chiefs to win every game, period.

big nasty kcnut
12-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Any chiefs win is a good win.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:24 PM
I want the Chiefs to win every game, period.

Okay, so if they lined up for an exhibition game in March, and the winner was going to lose their 1st round pick altogether, you would still root for the Chiefs?

Raiderhader
12-05-2004, 11:25 PM

Besides, the people grousing the most about Carl's draft picks are the ones wanting us to lose to get a higher draft pick. Why? If he's just going to blow it again, what does it matter?

I really don't give a crap about draft picks. I want the Chiefs to beat Oakland every time we play them. Same with the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) and Chargers.

I made all of the above points in my celebration thread earlier. The irony of the Carl haters wanting a better draft pick when one of the reasons they hate Carl is because he f#cks up the draft is, well, amusing to say the least.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Okay, so if they lined up for an exhibition game in March, and the winner was going to lose their 1st round pick altogether, you would still root for the Chiefs?

OK, we're digging out the strawmen now.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:27 PM
The irony of the Carl haters wanting a better draft pick when one of the reasons they hate Carl is because he f#cks up the draft is, well, amusing to say the least.

Yeah, it's kind of hopeless, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. Given the choice between a good draft position and a not-as-good draft position, I'll take the good draft position, no matter how incompetent the GM may be.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:29 PM
OK, we're digging out the strawmen now.

No we're not. Every game the Chiefs play now is essentially exhibition football. The only reward for winning is a crappier draft pick.

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 11:29 PM
If it means finishing in the top 5 and taking a defender, I doubt even Carl can screw it up. However, if anyone can it would be Carl I have to grant you that.

So you're pretty happy with Sims? (Yeah, he was a #6, but it's not much different.)

Raiderhader
12-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah, it's kind of hopeless, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. Given the choice between a good draft position and a not-as-good draft position, I'll take the good draft position, no matter how incompetent the GM may be.

To each their own. I prefer to win all the time, especially against our arch rivals.

I sincerely hope you don't put forth the effort of watching the games and cheering on the other team just because of your precious draft pick position.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:31 PM
So you're pretty happy with Sims? (Yeah, he was a #6, but it's not much different.)

He's produced more than LJ. I'm pretty happy with Gonzo and DT.

Raiderhader
12-05-2004, 11:32 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Remember the year we drafted Sylvester Morris? What were we, like two positions away from drafting Shaun Alexander?

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 11:36 PM
He's produced more than LJ. I'm pretty happy with Gonzo and DT.

Tony was the 13th pick that year. If we had had a higher draft choice, we would have most likely ended up with one of these guys.

1 1 Orlando Pace Rams OT Ohio State
2 2 Darrell Russell Raiders DT USC
3 3 Shawn Springs Seahawks DB Ohio State
4 4 Peter Boulware Ravens DE Florida State
5 5 Bryant Westbrook Lions DB Texas
6 6 Walter Jones Seahawks OT Florida State
7 7 Ike Hilliard Giants WR Florida
8 8 James Farrior Jets LB Virginia
9 9 Tom Knight Cardinals DB Iowa
10 10 Chris Naeole Saints OG Colorado
11 11 Michael Booker Falcons DB Nebraska
12 12 Warrick Dunn Buccaneers RB Florida State

Good thing we weren't playing for the higher draft picks.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Tony was the 13th pick that year.

Hey, if we need to trade down to draft a guy like Tony and pick up more picks, I'm all for it.

Logical
12-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Tony was the 13th pick that year. If we had had a higher draft choice, we would have most likely ended up with one of these guys.

1 1 Orlando Pace Rams OT Ohio State
2 2 Darrell Russell Raiders DT USC
3 3 Shawn Springs Seahawks DB Ohio State
4 4 Peter Boulware Ravens DE Florida State
5 5 Bryant Westbrook Lions DB Texas
6 6 Walter Jones Seahawks OT Florida State
7 7 Ike Hilliard Giants WR Florida
8 8 James Farrior Jets LB Virginia
9 9 Tom Knight Cardinals DB Iowa
10 10 Chris Naeole Saints OG Colorado
11 11 Michael Booker Falcons DB Nebraska
12 12 Warrick Dunn Buccaneers RB Florida State

Good thing we weren't playing for the higher draft picks.

Yes, God forbid we would end up with an Orlando Pace, Peter Bouleware or Walter Jones.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Yes, God forbid we would end up with an Orlando Pace, Peter Bouleware or Walter Jones.

I would say it worked out for KC. We have a great left tackle and a great tight end.

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 11:45 PM

How many of the 13 would you rather have than Tony G.?

For me, I'd say one. Orlando Pace, who was the #1 pick. And even that is a wash.

the Talking Can
12-05-2004, 11:46 PM
anyone who didn't enjoy today's win is nuts

Logical
12-05-2004, 11:55 PM
How many of the 13 would you rather have than Tony G.?

For me, I'd say one. Orlando Pace, who was the #1 pick. And even that is a wash.

The three I named.

wazu
12-06-2004, 12:30 AM
One comment on the actual poll question today...

Is beating the Raiders supposed to be some kind of accomplishment? For most of my adult life we have consistently owned the Raiders. They suck! I can count on one hand the total number of years that the Raiders didn't suck BAD since I've been following the AFC West. I know they had some good years in like the 70s and 80's, but beating them now is pretty much like beating the Cardinals.

Valiant
12-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Im not pissed that they beat the raiders costing us six draft spots.. but it hurt us for next year... The only team i want the Chiefs to beat is the ****ing donks... I hate the donks ten times more the raiders... Just wanted to draft another Neil or Derrick in that draft spot...We are only a few players away on Defense from being good...

But we sign most of our suck ass players to two-year deals with huge signing bonuses... The Front Office plays to fill the seats not to win a championship... And i do not want to hear about New England, there is a reason no other team can do what they have done, because they are an enigma..

2bikemike
12-06-2004, 12:48 AM
So all of you wanting us to lose would you like to see the Chiefs just forfiet the rest of the games? May as well not show up so we can get that high draft pick.

Or would you rather they just mail in there performances. Short arm some passes. Just stand in one place and let the other team score.

Valiant
12-06-2004, 12:52 AM
hmm Chiefs recent top five picks

DT and Neil Smith... out all the others since 1988 we have gotten shit in return.. It is fathoms harder to **** up a top 5 pick then it is to do it to a top 20-30...

Valiant
12-06-2004, 12:58 AM
So all of you wanting us to lose would you like to see the Chiefs just forfiet the rest of the games? May as well not show up so we can get that high draft pick.

Or would you rather they just mail in there performances. Short arm some passes. Just stand in one place and let the other team score.

For ****s sake you never listen to anyone views, all you do is spout the same shit... Our defense is so bad we do not have to worry about trying to pack it in... That is the ****ing point, The team plays hard week in and week out and it has cost us 7 blown 4th quarters... We are in need of a major overhaul and leader on the defense...

You get those with a top five pick... just like with Neil and DT as rookies even...We are not going to the playoffs this year... Why hurt us for next year... That is like not removing cancer because you are still alive today.. look towards the damn future...

We only need to win one more game and that is agianst Denver anything to knock them out of the playoffs...

Logical
12-06-2004, 01:12 AM

I simply hope they continue to play like they have in our 8 losses so far. They do not have to throw the games for us to lose out, we are that bad.

2bikemike
12-06-2004, 01:44 AM
For ****s sake you never listen to anyone views, all you do is spout the same shit... Our defense is so bad we do not have to worry about trying to pack it in... That is the ****ing point, The team plays hard week in and week out and it has cost us 7 blown 4th quarters... We are in need of a major overhaul and leader on the defense...

You get those with a top five pick... just like with Neil and DT as rookies even...We are not going to the playoffs this year... Why hurt us for next year... That is like not removing cancer because you are still alive today.. look towards the damn future...

We only need to win one more game and that is agianst Denver anything to knock them out of the playoffs...

I read and comprehend what you have said over a dozen times. Your not listening either. That one pick in the draft is not going to definatively make a difference next year.

And I realize this defense sucks enough to lose every game. But the only sure way to lose those games is to fugging quit. And I don't want any fugging quitters playing on this team. I want them to play to win and hopefully they will win. I can care fugging less where we draft. You should be able to aquire players at any level of the draft that can help your team. The problem is this organization has failed in that regard since taking TG.

Sims was the 6th pick in the draft and he has not shown me shit. There is not a whole lot of difference between the 5th and 6th pick.

2bikemike
12-06-2004, 01:48 AM
I simply hope they continue to play like they have in our 8 losses so far. They do not have to throw the games for us to lose out, we are that bad.

They played no differently today than they have in any of the losses and yet they won. They could have won several games except for a few plays. Like I said the only sure way is to throw the games and I am not up for that.

I am sure the rest of the season will go the same way. But I will still pull for the wins. Especially against the AFCW.

old_geezer
12-06-2004, 06:32 AM
I'll continue to root for a Chief's victory every week. For one thing, it doesn't really seem to matter where we draft - our talent "evaluators" suck. The draft is a crapshot for the Chiefs and I am tired of watching us draft safetys and try to make CB's out of them.

MichaelH
12-06-2004, 06:43 AM
I want the Chiefs to win every game the rest of the season. Sure, a good draft pick is crucial to rebuilding the defense. But in my opinion, there's nothing better than a win on the road against the Oakland convicts to boost the moral of a team desperately needing a glimmer of hope. It doesn't hurt most of the fans either. I'm defiantely happier this morning than the last few Monday or Tuesday mornings. I want nothing more than to beat the Titans in their house, and to crush the Donkeys and the Faiders.

Gaz
12-06-2004, 06:58 AM
Win every game, regardless of draft position.

xoxo~
Gaz
Views the "lose for draft picks" votes with contempt.