PDA

View Full Version : Lets take a look ahead, shall we

whoman69
12-05-2004, 10:48 PM
This season is well over. The only things to look forward to are bringing the Raiders and the Broncos* down. Next season we are going to have to take some cap hits and make some tough choices to part with players that are no longer living up to expectations. The following players in my book have outlived their usefullness: Woods, Barber, Kennison, Morton, McCleon, Holliday. Its uncertain if Boe can come back to the promise he showed before his injury. Wilson has yet to contribute. Allen may or may not be up to the challenge. Mitchell is not playing like the player we drafted.
If you were the GM (please get us a new one), which positions would you shore up with FA and which with the draft. Which positions would you look for a young player to take control of?

el borracho
12-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Best case scenario:
Chiefs sign a "shut down" corner, a #1 wide receiver, and a linebacker.
In the draft #1 DE, #2 LB, #3 CB, BAA, BAA, BAA

Why is this the best scenario?

Because we need more than one LB.

Because DEs and LBs have a better chance of contributing as rookies than WRs and/ or CBs.

Because free-agent DEs now command big bucks that rookie DEs do not.

Because we have plenty of young, developmental players in the secondary.

Because there will be several CBs and WRs available in free-agency this coming off-season and probably not that many DEs.

Because the Chiefs will probably end up picking after Rolle and Johnson are gone.

el borracho
12-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Bump.

Brock
12-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Without knowing who this year's FAs are, I really couldn't say. I wouldn't bank on any draft pick making much difference.

WakkaDakka
12-06-2004, 11:42 AM
I don't care what position they play but they definitely need a DEFENSIVE PLAYMAKA!

DL, LB, CB or S...need someone who can change a game much like DT did for years!

KChiefs1
06-28-2006, 11:44 AM
interesting thread

pr_capone
06-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Holy thread ressurections! :)

Everything that was said was pretty dead on with the exception of Kennison and Kawika.