PDA

View Full Version : A large portion of the forum will find this amusing

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2004, 10:19 PM
I think.

Link (http://sportsforum.ws/showthread.html?t=138009)

Opinions please regarding my youth football team
Gary P.

I'm already designing the offense I'm going to use with the kids next year. As with any team of youngsters, I have a QB that can run like the wind but cannot throw well. My backs are probably average and I've never been real crazy about utilizing a fullback. I have receivers that don't run good routes and aren't very good run blockers. I do have a couple of kids that are big, athletic, and have great hands for their age, but I really don't want to waste them in the interior line. I'm thinking TE for these two.

So, as I'm desiging these plays I've determined that I need to go ahead and split out my 4 receivers and have them either run very short out routes or run block, even though I know they can't block. Meanwhile, my TEs will stand idly by on the sideline and when they're in the game, I'll have them shift around as decoys. Occasionally I'll use my fullback, but only when it's 3rd and 5 and only on a dive play. He's pretty slow and not physical, so I don't want to get him outside the tackles.

I've also determined that the short side of the field is the place to run especially when I only have one aforementioned non-blocking receiver and no TE to that side. Since my QB was very effective and almost unstoppable running the ball last year, I also think it's necessary to go ahead and have him throw it 30 times a game since the other team won't see it coming.

And since our practice time is limited, I think I'll just draw straws to see who kicks and punts, have them practice at home, and make it optional.

I tell you, I'm very excited about this. Since I only have 5 plays to draw up, I'll get to bed very soon. What's everybody else think?

ENDelt260
12-05-2004, 10:21 PM
I see that you channeled Gunther_Fan.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Do I have to spell it out for you?

Okay, I didn't get it until right before I posted it, either.

Cochise
12-05-2004, 10:23 PM
I don't appreciate Coach Pinkel talking about the Tigers that way.

ENDelt260
12-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Do I have to spell it out for you?

Uh, no.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2004, 10:24 PM
So... does that mean I have to spell it out for you?

Cochise
12-05-2004, 10:28 PM
I didn't see the username over there, I was taking it seriously and then tried to make it into the same joke anyway. That is kind of depressing.

ENDelt260
12-05-2004, 10:29 PM
I didn't see the username over there, I was taking it seriously and then tried to make it into the same joke anyway. That is kind of depressing.
Ha. Now that's funny.

Ultra Peanut
I didn't see the username over there, I was taking it seriously and then tried to make it into the same joke anyway. That is kind of depressing.ROFL

big nasty kcnut
Sound like shannerat gameplan.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2004, 12:23 AM
This was posted on Tigerboard some time ago.

David.
12-06-2004, 12:30 AM
not funny :shake:

okay, pretty ****ing funny.

ROYC75
12-06-2004, 06:52 AM

I was think'n the same..... ROFL