PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs' playoff picture.

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Okay, we're in the playoffs as long as the following happens.

1. The Chiefs win every remaining game against @Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, and @San Diego.

2. New England, the New York Jets, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and San Diego are all clenched to be ahead of us. We don't care about these teams any more, other than beating San Diego.

3. We're competing with the following teams for the final playoff spot:

Denver (7-5) - Remaining games against Miami, @Kansas City, @Tennessee, Indianapolis

Baltimore (7-5)- Remaining games against New York Giants, @Indianapolis, @Pittsburgh, Miami

Buffalo (6-6)- Remaining games against Cleveland, @Cincinnati, San Francisco, Pittsburgh

Cincinnati (6-6)- Remaining games against @New England, Buffalo, New York Giants, @Philadelphia

Jacksonville (6-6)- Remaining games against Chicago, @Green Bay, Houston, @Oakland

Houston (5-7)- Remaining games against Indianapolis, @Chicago, @Jacksonville, Cleveland

Tennessee (4-8)- Remaining games against Kansas City, @Oakland, Denver, Detroit

Oakland (4-8)- Remaining games against @Atlanta, Tennessee, Kansas City, Jacksonville

4. Our own victories against Oakland and Tennessee will knock them out as long as we sweep our last four games. They're out.

5. We want Indianapolis to beat Houston, and then need Chicago or Cleveland to beat Houston and have them win against Jacksonville.

6. Jacksonville is a problem. We need them to lose three of their remaining four games, preferably against Houston.

7. We want Cincinnati to lose at least three of their remaining games, which is a distinct possibility. It would be best if they beat Buffalo, though, since the Bills have a creampuff schedule.

8. We want Buffalo to lose at least three of their remaining four games, particularly the one against Cincinnati.

9. Baltimore has to lose at least three of their remaining games, and preferably all four.

10. Denver needs to lose at least three of their remaining games, and preferably all four. They have to lose the KC game, of course, or we're out.

So, your voting recommendations for this week are:

Kansas City over @Tennessee.
Miami over @Denver
@New York Giants over Baltimore
@Cleveland over Buffalo
@New England over Cincinnati
Chicago over @Jacksonville
@Indianapolis over Houston
@Atlanta over Oakland

The ones in bold are particularly important.

ENDelt260
12-05-2004, 11:26 PM
The thread title alone made me laugh.

The appearance that you've invested an appreciable amount of time and effort into this leaves me speechless.

big nasty kcnut
12-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Rain man that all good but we can't be that lucky can we.

Count Alex's Losses
12-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I believe.

By the way, this scenario would clinch home field in the NFC, would it not?

Donger
12-05-2004, 11:29 PM
And to think that I'm remiss of all that time I spent beating my meat in my youth.

At least I got something out of that.

tk13
12-05-2004, 11:32 PM
And to think that I'm remiss of all that time I spent beating my meat in my youth.

At least I got something out of that.
Dirty legs?

Logical
12-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Planes waiting in their hangers, the Germans advancing and we are spending time on this? LOL

Sure-Oz
12-05-2004, 11:33 PM
I can't believe you actually wasted time and effort on that. I have to give you rep.

Donger
12-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Dirty legs?

What kind of freak do you think I am?

Donger shoots up, not down.

Logical
12-05-2004, 11:35 PM
If I was Whitlock I would rip this off for a great humor article.

tk13
12-05-2004, 11:35 PM
What kind of freak do you think I am?

Donger shoots up, not down.
Ahh, instant hair gel for you then...

digi2fish
12-05-2004, 11:36 PM
wake up, Kevin...

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 11:38 PM
A few breaks here and there and we're in. And once we're in, we're going to run wild.

Donger
12-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Ahh, instant hair gel for you then...

I love Cameron Diaz, as long as she opens her mouth for purposes other than speaking.

wazu
12-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Okay, we're in the playoffs as long as the following happens.

You have de-railed, my friend. But I have to at least admire the attitude. As long as you can hold on to some type of mathematical improbability I can at least respect that.

David.
12-05-2004, 11:44 PM
haha, this is hilarious.

David.
12-05-2004, 11:45 PM
wouldn't that be the the story of the century if we actually went to the super bowl ROFL....

Rain Man
12-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Oh ye'all of little faith. This is going to happen, as long as we get a little help from Cleveland and our NFC brethren. And maybe Miami.

go bowe
12-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Oh ye'all of little faith. This is going to happen, as long as we get a little help from Cleveland and our NFC brethren. And maybe Miami.ROFL ROFL ROFL

yeah, just a little! ROFL ROFL ROFL

PastorMikH
12-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Planes waiting in their hangers, the Germans advancing and we are spending time on this? LOL

We'll have to pull ours out of the mothballs and do a lot of work on wiring and seat cushions thanks to the mice. We would need a few weeks notice so we could have our plane ready to go.

cdcox
12-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Ho hum.

My program predicted KC had a 1 in 1000 chance of making the playoffs even before we beat the Raiders:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102518&page=2

The prediction is in the attachment of post 18. I really didn't consider 1 in a 1000 odds worth mentioning.

go bowe
12-06-2004, 12:16 AM
We'll have to pull ours out of the mothballs and do a lot of work on wiring and seat cushions thanks to the mice. We would need a few weeks notice so we could have our plane ready to go.hmmmmm... ugh!

bo, him ready go now...

fly plane drop bomb...

where rain fella been?

ai-EE-yah! no plane, no can fly!!

http://freebmw.net/share/Smilies/NormalSize/388.gif :arrow: :Peace: :BLVD: [gulp][gulp] :D PBJ PBJ PBJ

chiefsfan987
12-06-2004, 12:26 AM
If I'm not mistaken, in your playoff picture summary 2 of your statements are incorrect.

Bills and cincy only need to lose 2 of their final four games and finish tied but behind the chiefs on tie breakers. If KC wins the next 4 they would have a better AFC record. The Bills and Cincy have already lost 6 and with 4 wins the chiefs would only have 5 losses in the AFC.

Uncle_Ted
12-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Wow I bet you're a Cubs fan too ... LOL

Cubbies are going to win the World Series next year BTW.

Rain Man
12-06-2004, 12:40 AM
If I'm not mistaken, in your playoff picture summary 2 of your statements are incorrect.

Bills and cincy only need to lose 2 of their final four games and finish tied but behind the chiefs on tie breakers. If KC wins the next 4 they would have a better AFC record. The Bills and Cincy have already lost 6 and with 4 wins the chiefs would only have 5 losses in the AFC.

You're probably right. I wasn't messing around with tiebreakers at all.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Hey stranger things have happen. Look on the bright side a 9 game winning streak this season, if we get in the playoffs means Super Bowl champs.

mcan
12-06-2004, 01:53 AM
Oh my God, this scenario would make me cum... (just throwing out a little inappropriate gesture for the late night crew)...

ARROW2
12-06-2004, 05:02 AM
I would run down the street naked. I admit, I actually started looking at the possibilities. Not likely, but it is natural to at least look at the chances until you are mathematically eliminated. It gives me a reason to at least be interested in the games on Sunday. Gotta get that money's worth out of the ticket, you know?

Skip Towne
12-06-2004, 05:08 AM

The appearance that you've invested an appreciable amount of time and effort into this leaves me speechless.
You speechless? Yeah OK.

Frankie
12-06-2004, 05:15 AM
Gee, RM, that's A LOT OF IFs!! And if it actually happens, how are we going to beat ANYBODY in the POs. I'm resigned to the fact that we won't be in the POs. And I already have come to prefer the higher draft position over a hopeless one-game playoff appearance This year. Don't ruin my dream please.

darkchief
12-06-2004, 05:47 AM
Monty Biesel is a stud, who cares if they don't make the playoffs.

StcChief
12-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Rep.

All the planets /moons/stars need to be aligned right too.

Anyone see the end zone sign 'Trust Jesus'. ??

We need his help too.

Skip Towne
12-06-2004, 08:42 AM
No, I looked it up. Scanlon is the stud. Biesel is from K-State.

Gaz
12-06-2004, 08:42 AM
I gave up on the Playoffs after the 7th loss. Do NOT try to get my hopes up again. You’ll only get The Fan excited again and I just hosed out his cage.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not getting his hopes up [no, he is not].

Gaz
12-06-2004, 08:45 AM
I am prepared to be content that the Broncos miss the playoffs.

The optimal scenario would be to crush their playoff hopes at Arrowhead.

xoxo~
Gaz
Revising his goals on a daily basis.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-06-2004, 08:46 AM

It's all in the latest Jeffrey Flanagan article.

ROYC75
12-06-2004, 08:50 AM
Playoffs ?

Yeah, right ! :rolleyes:

morphius
12-06-2004, 09:07 AM
I am prepared to be content that the Broncos miss the playoffs.

The optimal scenario would be to crush their playoff hopes at Arrowhead.

xoxo~
Gaz
Revising his goals on a daily basis.

That is my dream as well. Which, like most of my dreams, means it will not happen.

Morphius
DAMN MY LUCK!

JazzzLovr
12-14-2004, 12:41 PM
Hey, Kevin, how bout an update? ;)

PastorMikH
12-14-2004, 03:20 PM

Looks like we could win out, just miss the playoffs, and be drafting at the 23rd spot in next springs draft.:)

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Rain man that all good but we can't be that lucky can we.
Hey, Boston won the WS, anything can happen.

That said, I wouldn't bet on it.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 04:13 PM
A few breaks here and there and we're in. And once we're in, we're going to run wild.
And so will whoever else we play. Our D would see to that.

Just give me the gas already.

ENDelt260
12-14-2004, 04:13 PM
It's all in the latest Jeffrey Flanagan article.
You've completely crushed my image of Rain Man.

How many of his other posts are plagarized?

ENDelt260
12-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Last night when the game ended I wished I had a link to this thread so I could do just this.

Kudos, Jazzzzzzz.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 04:16 PM
I would run down the street naked. I admit, I actually started looking at the possibilities. Not likely, but it is natural to at least look at the chances until you are mathematically eliminated. It gives me a reason to at least be interested in the games on Sunday. Gotta get that money's worth out of the ticket, you know?
William Bartee will single handedly see to it that this DOES NOT occur.

:shake:

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 04:17 PM
You speechless? Yeah OK.
Speechless to delt means he has a beer hoisted to his lips and is currently guzzling away.

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 04:17 PM
And don't forget about LJ?

Calcountry
12-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Looks like we could win out, just miss the playoffs, and be drafting at the 23rd spot in next springs draft.:)
It would be better than losing out, IMO.

sd4chiefs
12-14-2004, 05:28 PM
After seeing this I am going to eat a snickers bar and call my wife only to get a radio station that sends me on a trip to Kansas city where I see Preist Homes about too be run over by a car and I push him out to the way and Lamar Hunt is so thankful they change the name of the Chiefs too my first name.

Rain Man
12-14-2004, 09:50 PM

But...but...I updated it yesterday. It's around here somewhere.

We're still well-positioned for our run. We just need four other teams to lose their last three games.

KCJake
12-14-2004, 09:59 PM
So your telling me there's a chance!

whoman69
12-14-2004, 10:20 PM
So your telling me there's a chance!
Million to one. Yes, there's a chance!!!!!!!!!

mcan
12-19-2004, 12:46 PM
thanks for the help guys...

:)