PDA

View Full Version : Green...

Gaz
12-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Busted up QB, behind a disintigrating OL, with a backup RB who does not block well.

Green did a great job.

The INT belongs to the turf [Morton fell down again]. A gutsy performance. Perhaps not “DeBerg broken pinky gutsy”, but I think we all hope that level of “gutsy” is not required again.

I was disappointed at the three crappy throws when we were trying to go in for the TD, but I imagine it is hard to throw the ball with sore ribs and back.

Johnson got the game ball, and he deserves it. But how about some love for Green?

xoxo~
Gaz
Glad to have Trent on the roster.

the Talking Can
12-06-2004, 08:24 AM
T. Green 23/35 340 3tds 1int

in the 2nd half he was almost perfect...he was 12-12 at one point....Green is waaaay good enough for us to win, now let's fix the D

MichaelH
12-06-2004, 08:25 AM
I think it's safe to say he was well worth the draft picks to St. Louis. He has brought class and professionalism to the Chiefs QB position, something it lacked for years.

Dartgod
12-06-2004, 08:25 AM
The offensive line did a stellar job protecting him. No sacks given up, IIRC.

Cormac
12-06-2004, 08:26 AM
I think it's safe to say he was well worth the draft picks to St. Louis. He has brought class and professionalism to the Chiefs QB position, something it lacked for years.

Well said.

Skip Towne
12-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Green can throw it and catch it too. Something some of the other QB's couldn't do.

DaWolf
12-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Trent is a solid QB and plays with heart. He is a good leader for the O. I like him too and was glad to see him perform so clutch yesterday. True he has struggled this year with some INTs but a lot of it has been due to the inconsistency of the recievers or trying to force things due to a bad defense. Major props for his effort against the Faiders and for extending his consecutive games streak...

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Trent Green is a man and always has been.

Pants
12-06-2004, 08:49 AM
TG is the shit. He's a class act and an awesome QB. I think his right thumb is hurt though, that's why we saw some bad passes. He's a machine.

the Talking Can
12-06-2004, 08:55 AM
kcstar (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10347819.htm)

Posted on Mon, Dec. 06, 2004
JOE LEDFORD/The Star

Green gets his breaks

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

OAKLAND, Calif. — Trent Green had seen this before. He watched Johnnie Morton fall down on a route with the ball already on its way in a game last month in New Orleans.

The result was a damaging interception for the Chiefs. So when the same thing happened Sunday — Morton stumbled going for the ball on a comeback route in the second quarter — Charles Woodson intercepted for the Raiders.

“Trent can't get a break in those kinds of plays,” Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said.

Vermeil might not have blamed Green had he gone into a shell after Woodson's interception. But Green kept firing, and the Chiefs were rewarded for that in their 34-27 victory at Network Associates Coliseum.

Green was 14 for 15 in the second half, the only incompletion coming on a pass tipped at the line of scrimmage. He finished the day with 340 yards and three touchdowns, the biggest coming on a 70-yard bomb to Eddie Kennison with just more than 2 minutes remaining.

Green said he felt more than a little unlucky after Woodson's interception.

“It definitely entered my mind,” Green said. “When you go back to the (New Orleans) game, Johnnie slipped on one of those interceptions. That's just part of it. From a quarterback's standpoint, it does get frustrating when those things happen. I feel on both of those throws I put the ball in the spot where I wanted to put it and could have had completions.

“As frustrating as that was, I knew it was still early in the game and I wasn't going to lose confidence.”

The play to Kennison was a rare long pass for the Chiefs on Sunday. The Raiders played soft coverage most of the day. Kennison had eight receptions, but Green completed only one other pass to a wide receiver.

Green sat out the Wednesday and Thursday practices last week because of sore ribs he received during a sack in last week's game against San Diego.

The decision to play Green instead of Todd Collins wasn't made until Saturday.

“The practice on Friday went well,” Green said. “I didn't have any side effects on Saturday. That was going to be the biggest question.”

Frankie
12-06-2004, 10:20 AM
....Green is waaaay good enough for us to win, ....

You mean..... TrINT?!! ;)

Frankie
12-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Green can throw it and catch it too. Something some of the other QB's couldn't do.

Ladies and gentlemen........ ELVIS IS IN THE HOUSE! :clap:

Logical
12-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Trent Green definitely put the team on his shoulders yesterday and carried them.:thumb:

Brock
12-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Trent Green definitely put the team on his shoulders yesterday and carried them.:thumb:

So did Larry Johnson. :thumb:

shakesthecat
12-06-2004, 10:26 AM

Says the man who didn't even watch the game.....

Frankie
12-06-2004, 06:49 PM

As I recall whether he can win a ball game singlehandedly (so to speak) has been the big suspicion about him. I didn't see the game. But by your discription maybe, just maybe, he is jelling into that kind of a QB after all. If he actually steps up to that level, could HOF be out of the question?

Pants
12-06-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm gonna go as far as to say he's the 2nd best passer in the league (when healthy). But that's debatable and I haven't really thought about it...

2bikemike
12-06-2004, 06:55 PM
As I recall whether he can win a ball game singlehandedly (so to speak) has been the big suspicion about him. I didn't see the game. But by your discription maybe, just maybe, he is jelling into that kind of a QB after all. If he actually steps up to that level, could HOF be out of the question?

Now way he gets HOF he missed to many seasons on the bench. But he has been tough as nails for us. He quietly has had some great seasons for us. All the noise is made for the Mannings and McNabbs of the league.

shakesthecat
12-06-2004, 06:57 PM
But by your discription maybe, just maybe, he is jelling into that kind of a QB after all.

Maybe you missed it, but SDLogicslav didn't bother to watch the game.

Green has been that type of QB for a couple years now.

Sure-Oz
12-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Trent and Larry won that game, both deserve the game ball.

Sure-Oz
12-06-2004, 07:00 PM
1 more thing, trent ain't got shit on Jake Plummer

Pants
12-06-2004, 07:00 PM

TEH ****??????

shakesthecat
12-06-2004, 07:01 PM

Thank gawd for that.

Skip Towne
12-06-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm gonna go as far as to say he's the 2nd best passer in the league (when healthy). But that's debatable and I haven't really thought about it...
Please don't. Every time you think you weaken the nation.

Pants
12-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Please don't. Every time you think you weaken the nation.

LMAO.

So are the ladies in the nursing home hot? Sweet sweet 80 year old punani. BTW what time is lights out over there?

philfree
12-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Says the man who didn't even watch the game.....

Funny how one of the biggest detractors of the Chiefs on this board doesn't even watch the games. :rolleyes: He's got it all figured out though :)

PhilFree :arrow:

Frankie
12-07-2004, 09:35 AM
:LOL: Way to post a committed opinion. ;)

Frankie
12-07-2004, 09:38 AM
Now way he gets HOF he missed to many seasons on the bench.

What's the quota there? Green's Career reminds me of Dawson's. Maybe Green will still be good for a few years yet.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Maybe you missed it, but SDLogicslav didn't bother to watch the game.

I saw that after I posted my reply. Nevertheless my point stands.

Green has been that type of QB for a couple years now.

That's a matter of opinion. I like him very much. Always have (never even participated in CP's "TrINT" feeding frenzy). But I've heard/read many of so called experts' opinions that he is a good QB but not a great one. That he is good in our system but not the star QB type (ala Manning, Elway, Marino and Favre) who could take over a game and win it by himself. I tend to believe he is on his way, injuries notwithstanding, but not quite there yet. He is gutsy and talented and has surely proven his leadership quality.

Lzen
12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Johnny Morton season stats
53 receptions 750 yards 2TDs 2 INTs

:shake:

Frankie
12-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Johnny Morton season stats
53 receptions 750 yards 2TDs 2 INTs

2 INTs?!!! :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
12-07-2004, 11:43 AM

He fell down twice this year, causing two interceptions.

Lzen

Do I really need to explain or are you being a smartass?

Lzen

Thanks.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Props to Geen! He played great yesterday. Ill admit ive been critical at times this year when it comes to some of his throws, but hes one tough hombre no doubt. If only he had a reciever like (Holt,Moss,Owens,Chad Johnson or Andre Johnson)? Oh well, he plays good enough to win a Super Bowl, if only he had a defense!!!

Frankie
12-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Do I really need to explain or are you being a smartass?

Not being a smart ass. Just don't recall him being responsible for INTs. Being a WR and all. Has he thrown a couple of picks off gimic plays? Has he run a couple of wrong routes leading to a couple of picks? :shrug:

Remember, I haven't watched all of the Chiefs games, including this last one.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Thx. I didn't see your post before replying to Lzen.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Props to Geen! He played great yesterday. Ill admit ive been critical at times this year when it comes to some of his throws, but hes one tough hombre no doubt. If only he had a reciever like (Holt,Moss,Owens,Chad Johnson or Andre Johnson)? Oh well, he plays good enough to win a Super Bowl, if only he had a defense!!!

All great QBs throw "some" bad ones. Nobody's perfect. As good as Favre is I don't want him for us. He'd give me a heart attack.

Lzen
12-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Not being a smart ass. Just don't recall him being responsible for INTs. Being a WR and all. Has he thrown a couple of picks off gimic plays? Has he run a couple of wrong routes leading to a couple of picks? :shrug:

Remember, I haven't watched all of the Chiefs games, including this last one.

You haven't watched all of the Chiefs games? And you call yourself a Chiefs fan? :p

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 12:31 PM
All great QBs throw "some" bad ones. Nobody's perfect. As good as Favre is I don't want him for us. He'd give me a heart attack.

Agreed..i came to the same conclusion after some serious thinking about it. I had my doubts about him earlier this year, but then watched a few other games and saw Favre, Manning, Brady, Culpepper, Vick, Plummer, etc all make some horrible throws....

NewChief
12-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Agreed..i came to the same conclusion after some serious thinking about it. I had my doubts about him earlier this year, but then watched a few other games and saw Favre, Manning, Brady, Culpepper, Vick, Plummer, etc all make some horrible throws....

I've commented on this repeatedly. The difference is when Favre or one of the greats makes a questionable throw, such as throwing low like Trent did repeatedly going into halftime Sunday, they're "putting it where only their receiver can get it." When one of the unannointed does it they're "not on the money today."

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 01:11 PM
I've commented on this repeatedly. The difference is when Favre or one of the greats makes a questionable throw, such as throwing low like Trent did repeatedly going into halftime Sunday, they're "putting it where only their receiver can get it." When one of the unannointed does it they're "not on the money today."

Very true. I remember when Montana was here. He would make a horrible wobbly throw and Keith Cash/Willie Davis or Birden etc, would go up and make a great grab, and the announcers would be like "What an unbeleivable throw by Montana!" giving absolutely zero credit to the WR making the catch.

Tuckdaddy
12-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Trent is a class guy and a good leader who does not pass the blame. Glad to have him, he plays very good in most games but after Vermeil I want a young QB with some wheels to go along with a cannon arm.

Warrior5
12-07-2004, 02:25 PM
CBS Sportsline has Green ranked #4 among NFL QBs; #2 in the AFC behind Manning.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Trent is a class guy .........
after Vermeil I want a young QB with some wheels to go along with a cannon arm.

I want Angelina Jolie as my personal concubine.
;)

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:32 PM
You haven't watched all of the Chiefs games? And you call yourself a Chiefs fan? :p

Tell that to CBS regional scheduling geniuses (genii?!).

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:35 PM

Your post is "on the money today." :thumb:

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:37 PM
CBS Sportsline has Green ranked #4 among NFL QBs; #2 in the AFC behind Manning.
Yet, watch him miss the pro bowl.