View Full Version : Flanagan: Lamar doesn't blame Peterson for team's woes

tk13
12-07-2004, 01:21 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10355239.htm

Hunt supports Peterson
Chiefs owner says GM not at fault for team's troubles

By JEFFREY FLANAGAN
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs fans believed the team could be a Super Bowl contender this season.

And again, their hopes were dashed in what has been an absolute train wreck of a season.

But if Chiefs fans are begging for any housecleaning, starting with president/general manager Carl Peterson, those hopes will be dashed as well.

Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt has indicated he has no intentions of replacing Peterson.

“I'm very pleased with the job Carl has done,” Hunt said by phone from Dallas. “I don't anticipate any change there.”

Hunt said he is as disappointed with the Chiefs' downfall this season as anyone, but he isn't pointing fingers at his front office.

“I certainly don't blame Carl for this season,” Hunt said. “I'm not one to start blaming people. It's never just one individual.”

Then who is responsible for the Chiefs' 4-8 record?

“I'm not going to speculate on why we are what we are,” Hunt said. “But I know it's not the work of one person.

“Maybe it's just the gods of fortune or something. Things haven't gone our way. Maybe if we were in the NFC, we'd be right in the thick of it. Actually, I'm just kidding about that.”

Peterson, 60, signed a five-year extension in 2000 and is under contract for 2005. The Peterson era started in 1989, and the seats at Arrowhead Stadium have been consistently filled since.

But Hunt disputes the popular notion that he is keeping Peterson around only because he fills the stadium and thus is a money-maker.

“The reason the seats are filled is because we are winning games,” Hunt said.

“It's not an accident. When you win games, you fill the seats. Over the last 14 or 15 games, I would venture to say we are near the top in the league in games won. Carl has a lot to do with that.”

True, the Chiefs have won 148 regular-season games since Peterson's arrival, fifth best in the NFL.

Still, the Chiefs now are likely to endure an 11th straight season without a playoff victory.

“Sure, I'd like to get to the Super Bowl every year or win some more playoff games,” Hunt said. “But this is a very competitive league. There are a lot of teams that would like to get to Super Bowls and don't.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A consistent winner
Here are the best regular-season records in the NFL since 1989:

Team Record

San Francisco 164-88
Green Bay 153-99
Pittsburgh 151-100-1
Denver 150-102
Chiefs 148-103-1

philfree
12-07-2004, 01:40 AM
Quoted answers but no quoted questions.........I hate that!

PhilFree :arrow:

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 01:41 AM
“Maybe it's just the gods of fortune or something. Things haven't gone our way. Maybe if we were in the NFC, we'd be right in the thick of it. Actually, I'm just kidding about that.”

“It's not an accident. When you win games, you fill the seats. Over the last 14 or 15 games, I would venture to say we are near the top in the league in games won. Carl has a lot to do with that.”

:shake:

tk13
12-07-2004, 01:43 AM
I would guess that the "14 or 15 games" thing is a misprint and is supposed to be "years", but I just copied and pasted it... it is what it is I guess....

philfree
12-07-2004, 01:45 AM
Maybe if we were in the NFC, we'd be right in the thick of it. Actually, I'm just kidding about that.”

That's a pretty funny poke from AFL Lamar though ROFL

the Talking Can
12-07-2004, 02:19 AM
depressing.....Lamar is senile, why doesn't someone ask the simple question of the connection between CP and 12 years without a playoff win?

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 02:26 AM
depressing.....Lamar is senile, why doesn't someone ask the simple question of the connection between CP and 12 years without a playoff win?

Someone probably did and Lamar avoided it and spouted some BS.

philfree
12-07-2004, 02:38 AM
I'm not around Lamar Hunt so I can't claim to know but sometimes I think he acts more senile then he really is. Playing dumb has worked for me for years :)

tk13
12-07-2004, 02:49 AM
San Francisco 164-88
Green Bay 153-99
Pittsburgh 151-100-1
Denver 150-102
Chiefs 148-103-1

I wonder if that includes this season, if it does that means we were ahead of all those teams except for San Fran and Green Bay coming into this year, and we were only one game behind GB at that... I guess that surprises me.

Saggysack
12-07-2004, 05:04 AM
San Francisco 164-88
Green Bay 153-99
Pittsburgh 151-100-1
Denver 150-102
Chiefs 148-103-1

I wonder if that includes this season, if it does that means we were ahead of all those teams except for San Fran and Green Bay coming into this year, and we were only one game behind GB at that... I guess that surprises me.

Great! Lamar just pointed out that Peterson is average the past 6yrs and not getting the job done and he didn't even know it. By that I mean Peterson is 47-45 without Marty.

Otter
12-07-2004, 05:07 AM
“Sure, I'd like to get to the Super Bowl every year or win some more playoff games,” Hunt said. “But this is a very competitive league. There are a lot of teams that would like to get to Super Bowls and don't.”

This quote makes me sick, I'm glad this season is almost over.

Thig Lyfe
12-07-2004, 05:34 AM
:shake:

What he said.

MichaelH
12-07-2004, 05:39 AM
It's very clear that Mr. Hunt is a man that is easily satisfied with far less than most people. While I admire that trait, I also feel terribly sorry for someone so blinded to reality.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 05:53 AM
It's very clear that Mr. Hunt is a man that is easily satisfied with far less than most people.

That would explain his creation of the AFL and his wealth...

TEX
12-07-2004, 06:28 AM
The whole problem with Petrerson is he has absolute job security in part because of Lamar's absentee ownership situation. It's so easy for one to assume responsibility, or at least say that they will Like Peterson did a few weeks ago, when they KNOW that their job is safe. :cuss:

Man, we should all be so lucky...

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 06:36 AM
I'm just getting more and more pissed off by the minute.

Peterson and Lamar do not deserve a championship.

If we ever do anything under them I'm actually going to cringe when I see them holding the trophies.

1adam1238
12-07-2004, 06:51 AM
If CP is responsible for the wins in the past....I'd say he is also responsible for the loses this year and in the past......little front office action to improve this defense speaks for itself.

stevieray
12-07-2004, 07:01 AM

If we ever do anything under them I'm actually going to cringe when I see them holding the trophies.

:rolleyes:

Gaz
12-07-2004, 07:07 AM
It would be interesting to know how the decision-making process is actually carried out.

Does Peterson say “STFD & STFU, Dick, I am keeping Johnny Morton and drafting Junior Siavii and you can just lump it

or

Does Vermeil say “I want to keep Johnny Morton and draft Junior Siavii, Carl; make it happen or I will kick your butt

or

Is it somewhere in between?

xoxo~
Gaz
Needs to interview that fly on the wall.

DaWolf
12-07-2004, 07:23 AM
Relax guys, what's he gonna tell flanagan, that Peterson sucks and he's gonna fire him? That's not his personality. If we finish this season and he gives Carl a contract extension, then I would say that might be an issue. But Carl is just under contract for 1 more year, and I would assume next year is put up or shut up time for Carl. If we tank next year and Carl gets another 5 year extension, then there's something wrong...

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 07:24 AM
That's it. I know what my furture holds now. I'm gonna get a job...any job with the Chiefs. Talk about job security! I can fvck off all day, not do a thing and Lamar will say "I don't know why the toilets at Arrowhead are so dirty. Maybe they're just getting old, maybe the cleaner we use isn't as good as it used to be...but I know it's not because Brian isn't doing his job. There are a lot of germs out there that want to live in these toilets. You can't blame one person for that. I'm very happy with the job Brian has done and don't forsee any change in that area."

DaWolf
12-07-2004, 07:26 AM
It would be interesting to know how the decision-making process is actually carried out.

Does Peterson say “STFD & STFU, Dick, I am keeping Johnny Morton and drafting Junior Siavii and you can just lump it

or

Does Vermeil say “I want to keep Johnny Morton and draft Junior Siavii, Carl; make it happen or I will kick your butt

or

Is it somewhere in between?

xoxo~
Gaz
Needs to interview that fly on the wall.

Well according to everyone that has talked about it, they basically try to go with the consensus, and take input from all the coaches, and DV has a large say in everything, but Carl is the final decision maker (see: Johnson, Larry).

But generally it has seemed that Carl is more than willing to go get the type of guys that his coaches want, from the Martyball type players Marty wanted to the big physical guys that Gun wanted to the smaller quicker guys that DV wanted...

Gaz
12-07-2004, 07:33 AM
DaWolf-

That was my impression as well.

It makes me wonder whence the absolute hatred for Peterson?

xoxo~
Gaz
Suspects Peterson slept with a lot of Planeteer’s sisters or something.

stevieray
12-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Relax guys, what's he gonna tell flanagan, that Peterson sucks and he's gonna fire him? That's not his personality. If we finish this season and he gives Carl a contract extension, then I would say that might be an issue. But Carl is just under contract for 1 more year, and I would assume next year is put up or shut up time for Carl. If we tank next year and Carl gets another 5 year extension, then there's something wrong...

I agree. we are in year four of the original 'five year plan'.

Skip Towne
12-07-2004, 07:54 AM
It says a lot that the conversation turned to attendance. How shocking!

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 08:08 AM
:rolleyes:

What's to roll your eyes about? You think those jagoffs deserve anything? If we win the SB with them in the front office it will be due to one thing: LUCK.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 08:16 AM
It's very clear that Mr. Hunt is a man that is easily satisfied with far less than most people. While I admire that trait, I also feel terribly sorry for someone so blinded to reality.

Quite possibly, this is the most ignorant statement about Lamar Hunt I've ever read.

Do you really think Lamar is going hang CP out to dry in the goddamm KC newspaper?

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 08:18 AM

Go wax your light saber you f*cking punk.

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 08:21 AM
“I'm not going to speculate on why we are what we are,” Hunt said. “But I know it's not the work of one person."

This is the Chiefs mantra, and it's the reason they never fire anyone. It's never one single person's fault, so nobody is held responsible.

Hey Lamar, we agree that it may be more than just Carl's fault, so he shouldn't be the only one who is fired. ALL people responsible for the mediocrity this organization has become should be fired.

ChiTown
12-07-2004, 08:21 AM
That would explain his creation of the AFL and his wealth...

ROFL

What a farking slacker.........

Seriously though, Lamar won't sell out CP in the papers. I'm sure he's pissed as hell at how things have turned this season. There's only two people to blame: Carl and Dick. Those guys put together the plan and it has sucked arse this year. Dick and CP have another year together. They don't get it done (playoff wins and an AFC Championship) in 2005, then the both of them should exit stage left.....

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Go wax your light saber you f*cking punk.

I really don't understand this backlash.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 08:26 AM
That's it. I know what my furture holds now. I'm gonna get a job...any job with the Chiefs. Talk about job security! I can fvck off all day, not do a thing and Lamar will say "I don't know why the toilets at Arrowhead are so dirty. Maybe they're just getting old, maybe the cleaner we use isn't as good as it used to be...but I know it's not because Brian isn't doing his job. There are a lot of germs out there that want to live in these toilets. You can't blame one person for that. I'm very happy with the job Brian has done and don't forsee any change in that area."

Janitor at Arrowhead...now that's a career choice!

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 08:29 AM
ROFL

What a farking slacker.........

Seriously though, Lamar won't sell out CP in the papers. I'm sure he's pissed as hell at how things have turned this season. There's only two people to blame: Carl and Dick. Those guys put together the plan and it has sucked arse this year. Dick and CP have another year together. They don't get it done (playoff wins and an AFC Championship) in 2005, then the both of them should exit stage left.....

Well just how the f*ck do you know? Don't you know it's all about Lamar's senility and we'd all just cringe to see them holding that Lombardi?

I mean even a DJ from Illinois is leaving his job right now to become a part of Missouri's second greatest underachiever (Behind the Larussa led Cards) because of the possibilities of job security.

For everybody knows that Lamar never fired anybody in his life. Never fired Stram. Never fired Schaaf. Never fired Steadman. Never fired Mackovic. Never fired Marv Levy. Never fired Paul Wiggin.

Nope. Never fired anybody. Sh*t, I guess that makes you right, ChiTown.

Lamar really is a slacker.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 08:30 AM
I really don't understand this backlash.

Not surprised.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Technically, Steadman wasnt fired...he was 'reassigned'.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Janitor at Arrowhead...now that's a career choice!
Yea well...I used it to make a point man.

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Not surprised.

Are you suggesting that Carl deserves a SB?

ChiTown
12-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Well just how the f*ck do you know? Don't you know it's all about Lamar's senility and we'd all just cringe to see them holding that Lombardi?

I mean even a DJ from Illinois is leaving his job right now to become a part of Missouri's second greatest underachiever (Behind the Larussa led Cards) because of the possibilities of job security.

For everybody knows that Lamar never fired anybody in his life. Never fired Stram. Never fired Schaaf. Never fired Steadman. Never fired Mackovic. Never fired Marv Levy. Never fired Paul Wiggin.

Nope. Never fired anybody. Sh*t, I guess that makes you right, ChiTown.

Lamar really is a slacker.

See, I knew someone would understand. Guys like Lamar Hunt are a dime a dozen. Pioneer, schmioneer, he's a gawdamn slacker, I tell ya.
Just another Benjamin chaser......;)

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 08:35 AM
Are you suggesting that Carl deserves a SB?

STFU.

bobbything
12-07-2004, 08:36 AM
This is telling. And very depressing.

"Sure, I'd like my company to be doing better. But this is a very competetive industry. There are a lot of companies that would like to get ahead and don't. I'm just greatful for the success I had 10 years ago because I'm still eeking by off it now."

Striving for mediocrity isn't really what you want in an owner of anything.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 08:40 AM

"Sure, I'd like my company to be doing better. But this is a very competetive industry. There are a lot of companies that would like to get ahead and don't. I'm just greatful for the success I had 10 years ago because I'm still eeking by off it now."

One cannot compare Businesses to Sports franchises.

HC_Chief
12-07-2004, 08:41 AM

So true. In business, failure is met with pink slips...

Wile_E_Coyote
12-07-2004, 08:41 AM
If I owned the Chiefs I'd...run it how I wanted it run
..because I am the owner

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 08:43 AM

Come on, he's a pioneer. And we just won the Super Bowl 35 years ago, so how can you say he strives for mediocrity?

And back when Carl had players that the previous regime had acquired, we used to be one of the best teams in the league once we got a coach who knew how to win regular season games.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 08:43 AM

Lamar's eeking by on his success of 10 or 20 years ago?

Care to tell me what Hunt's companies have done growth wise in the last 10 years?

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 08:45 AM
So true. In business, failure is met with pink slips...

Heh...good one.

Ok, so I guess since Lamar doesnt follow the fans wishes to 'strive for mediocrity' using the Dan Snyder model, he's not doing it right I guess.

bricks
12-07-2004, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=tk13]http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10355239.htm“Sure, I'd like to get to the Super Bowl every year or win some more playoff games,” Hunt said. “But this is a very competitive league. There are a lot of teams that would like to get to Super Bowls and don't.”[QUOTE]

This quote kills me ROFL :shake: Win some more playoff games?!! we haven't won a frick'n playoff game in 12 years. what f*ck'n joke that is.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Sports franchises are businesses. Moreso every day.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Sports franchises are businesses. Moreso every day.

I would agree with that to a degree...when they cross the line too far that's when the 'sport' begins to crumble. See NHL or MLB.

bobbything
12-07-2004, 08:51 AM
I wholeheartedly disagree. I don't know how on earth you can think otherwise. Sports is a business. No way around it.
Care to tell me what Hunt's companies have done growth wise in the last 10 years?
I'm talking about the Chiefs. Not about his founding of the World Championship Tennis Circuit, his founding of the past two soccer leagues, or his investments in the Chicago Bulls.

In the last 10 years the Chiefs have done nothing but lose. What have you done for me lately?

bricks
12-07-2004, 08:54 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10355239.htm“I certainly don't blame Carl for this season,” Hunt said. “I'm not one to start blaming people. It's never just one individual.”

Then who's to blame Lamar? Not making any defensive player changes in the off-season :cuss: when you know you have a sh*tty defense. The GM is the one mainly responsible for building the team. If he can't bring in new defensive players to improve a sh*tty defense then he is part of the blame. you're also the one to blame for not getting in there, instead, having your head far up your a**. What a crock a sh*t :mad:

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 08:54 AM
I wholeheartedly disagree. I don't know how on earth you can think otherwise. Sports is a business. No way around it.

Again, yes it is to degree...but competitors in business acquire or put out of business their competition. The function is a move toward monopoly or at the very least oligopoly.

The 32 clubs that make up the NFL arent trying to acquire the other or destory them financially to the point they fold, that would detrimental to the sport and competition of the sport.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Then who's to blame Lamar? Not making any defensive player changes in the off-season

Well he is the one that writes the checks and I seem to recall both DV and CP saying there was no money to spend on FA signing bonuses.

bobbything
12-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Again, yes it is to degree...but competitors in business acquire or put out of business their competition. The function is a move toward monopoly or at the very least oligopoly.

The 32 clubs that make up the NFL arent trying to acquire the other or destory them financially to the point they fold, that would detrimental to the sport and competition of the sport.
But there's still the same drive for being the best. Which isn't what Lamar Hunt really seems to care about, judging from his quotes.

I disagree regarding the function of a business. Striving for a monopoly isn't, what I believe, is the ultimate goal for a company. But that's an entirely different argument...

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 09:01 AM
But there's still the same drive for being the best. Which isn't what Lamar Hunt really seems to care about, judging from his quotes.

I disagree regarding the function of a business. Striving for a monopoly isn't, what I believe, is the ultimate goal for a company. But that's an entirely different argument...

That's your speculation and nothing more, I'd say his body of work in his life speaks quite differently. I tend to believe that this line of thinking is done because Lamar has NOT done what 'you' want them to.

True, the ultimate goal is to maximize profit for its owners/shareholders in whatever form that might be. In this day and age that includes consolidation.

Straight, No Chaser
12-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Heh...good one.

Ok, so I guess since Lamar doesnt follow the fans wishes to 'strive for mediocrity' using the Dan Snyder model, he's not doing it right I guess.
ROFL
Last time I checked, Lamar was the most respected owner in the league (outside of kansas City). He wants the team to be successful just like every fan, he just hires someone else to do it --and then leaves them alone.

Think about the "post-value" of having a Snyder or a Davis in KC. The current Lamar haters could be as a high as six figures.

--->

bobbything
12-07-2004, 09:08 AM
I tend to believe that this line of thinking is done because Lamar has NOT done what 'you' want them to.
I suppose that's true. I, personally, want them to win. I'm going to be paying, at some point, for stadium rennovations and the such. I watch every single week with the hopes of improvement. So, forgive me if his lackadaisical approach to fixing this problem has me a little down.

Again, what have you done for me lately?

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 09:10 AM
ROFL
Last time I checked, Lamar was the most respected owner in the league (outside of kansas City).

Most respected owner = Lovable loser

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 09:15 AM
I suppose that's true. I, personally, want them to win. I'm going to be paying, at some point, for stadium rennovations and the such. I watch every single week with the hopes of improvement. So, forgive me if his lackadaisical approach to fixing this problem has me a little down.

Feh...you know what I meant--you touched on it when you mentioned you disagreed with their approach to 'fixing' the problem.

There is not a single person in that organization that doesnt want to win and to suggest otherwise is foolish.

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 09:17 AM
There is not a single person in that organization that doesnt want to win and to suggest otherwise is foolish.

I want to get laid...yet for some reason I can't.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 09:20 AM
I want to get laid...yet for some reason I can't.

maybe it's your lacadasical approach to getting laid...dunno.

Straight, No Chaser
12-07-2004, 09:22 AM

Chiefs 34 Raiders 27.

Having an edge over your most hated rival after 101 games (overall 46-43-2).

--->

bobbything
12-07-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm not suggesting that nobody wants to win. I'm directly saying that they are content with being mediocre. That doesn't mean they don't want to win, rather, they're not nearly as concerned with winning so long as the jerseys are sold, Tony Gonzalez goes to the Pro Bowl every year, Holmes keeps his mouth shut regarding contract disputes, and Arrowhead is, year in and out, considered the "loudest stadium in the NFL."

All these things contribute to the bottom line.

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 09:23 AM
maybe it's your lacadasical approach to getting laid...dunno.

Perhaps Peterson and Lamar have the same attitudes? Sign a few token FAs, maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't....it doesn't so next year, we do nothing....

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Feh...you know what I meant--you touched on it when you mentioned you disagreed with their approach to 'fixing' the problem.

Thank you Titus.

As Brock pointed out in a thread several weeks ago, they want to win one, they just don't have a clue as how to get it done.

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Chiefs 34 Raiders 27.

Having an edge over your most hated rival after 101 games (overall 46-43-2).

Super Bowl wins: Oakland 3 - Chiefs 1

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Thank you Titus.

As Brock pointed out in a thread several weeks ago, they want to win one, they just don't have a clue as how to get it done.

Exactly. We need someone who DOES.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 09:31 AM

There is not a single person in that organization that doesnt want to win and to suggest otherwise is foolish.Sure they may want to win. Who doesn't? However, action speaks louder than words and if they expect it to fall in their lap by doing very little, than they should know better. It's just more excuses.

Otter
12-07-2004, 09:32 AM
I've been broken down, GoChiefs just joined Taco John as the sole inhabitants of my ignore list.

He responds to every post 27 times and says absolutly nothing.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 09:33 AM
I'm not suggesting that nobody wants to win. I'm directly saying that they are content with being mediocre.

Semantics and word play. Being content with losing is the same as not wanting to win. You can rephrase it any way you want, but it's foolish to say any *single* person in this organization is content with a loser.

memyselfI
[QUOTE=tk13]http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10355239.htm

True, the Chiefs have won 148 regular-season games since Peterson's arrival, fifth best in the NFL.

Still, the Chiefs now are likely to endure an 11th straight season without a playoff victory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation:

love mediocrity or leave it. He's happy and is not sure why you are not.

Count Zarth
I've been broken down, GoChiefs just joined Taco John as the sole inhabitants of my ignore list.

He responds to every post 27 times and says absolutly nothing.

BS. I didn't even respond to every post in this thread.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Sure they may want to win. Who doesn't? However, action speaks louder than words and if they expect it to fall in their lap by doing very little, than they should know better. It's just more excuses.

Yes, yes, I know BCF...You prefer the Dan Snyder model to the Lamar model. We've chewed this cud before.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Super Bowl wins: Oakland 3 - Chiefs 1

And the argument continues to escalate until the SB is mentioned...

Using this logic there are 31 teams who are content with mediocrity every year.

Straight, No Chaser
12-07-2004, 09:38 AM
I'm not suggesting that nobody wants to win. I'm directly saying that they are content with being mediocre. That doesn't mean they don't want to win, rather, they're not nearly as concerned with winning so long as the jerseys are sold, Tony Gonzalez goes to the Pro Bowl every year, Holmes keeps his mouth shut regarding contract disputes, and Arrowhead is, year in and out, considered the "loudest stadium in the NFL."...

Ya know, the more you type the deeper you get (Raiders).
Winning increases merchandise sales. Winning a Super Bowl probably increases merchandise sales.
Were you even alive January 11, 1970? STFU and move along.

---->

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Exactly. We need someone who DOES.

Look f*ckwit, I'm not going to defend CP. He's no friend of mine.

But I'll defend Lamar till he dies. The guy is more than an owner of my favorite team. He brought them here. Gave me my boyhood sports hereos.

Now, as he moves into the last years of his life, I'll be damned if some Star Wars nerd is going to sit behind his desk and talk shiot on the man, when Lamar has accomplished more in one day than said Star Wars nerd will accomplish in his life.

Now, go wash your hands. :)

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 09:41 AM

But I'll defend Lamar till he dies. The guy is more than an owner of my favorite team. He brought them here. Gave me my boyhood sports hereos.

Now, as he moves into the last years of his life, I'll be damned if some Star Wars nerd is going to sit behind his desk and talk shiot on the man, when Lamar has accomplished more in one day than said Star Wars nerd will accomplish in his life.

I'm not saying Lamar has always been a bad owner. I'm saying he's BECOME one.

I refuse to give anyone a free pass because of something they've already accomplished.

That includes all the players too.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Yes, yes, I know BCF...You prefer the Dan Snyder model to the Lamar model. We've chewed this cud before.

It's funny how anyone that wants off-season FA activity automatically wants to take it to Dan Snyder extremes in your eyes.

But let's ignore offseason moves and FA. I can come up with other reasons why we aren't winning. Talent evaluation. Since Lynn Stiles has been here, we've consistently bombed in regards to evaluating talent. Particularly in the draft. Why does Stiles still have a job? If it's because Peterson doesn't want to fire his UCLA "good ol boy" , then why is Peterson still here?

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 09:44 AM

Actually, I would leave out the organizations who have been in a Super Bowl the last 5 years, so that eliminates about 8 organizations who are not content with mediocrity. Then I would also leave out Washington, because Snyder, as stupid as he is, is not content with mediocrity. That leaves us as one of about 23 teams that are content with mediocrity.

BigChiefFan
You apparently haven't been paying attaention then. Why you defend these clowns , I'll never know. They haven't done jack shit in 12 years, but in Titus' world life is good. I don't prefer the Daniel Snyder way, but I do prefer somebody that can see a weakness and address it with a quality player/s. I don't think somebody should be careless with their responsibilities, however I don't see a damn thing wrong with attempting to upgrade your talent level by pursuing some QUALITY players. A GM's responsibilty is to put the best team on the field he can and when we have been the bottom of the barrel on defense for 3 years(4 years now) ignoring the problem isn't going to resolve it. I know, I know, you are very pleased with the Chiefs FO and they can do no wrong in your eyes, but for those of us with a pulse, it's maddening to see their approach, year in and year out or are you now going to tell me how many playoff victories Carl has delivered? I won't even mention all the Super Bowl victories he's achieved. I won't apologize for not being pleased with their feeble attempts at improving. It's well-documented on Carl attempts to improve the team...Dishman, Gray, Bush, Crockett, ect...Yea, there's plenty to be pleased about :p

Straight, No Chaser

:thumb:ROFL

Rep (working on that black dot)

--->

memyselfI
12-07-2004, 09:46 AM

Yes, if they do smoke and mirrors measures like 'fixing' the worst defense in the league simply by rehiring a coach they'd run out of town four years earlier.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 09:48 AM
You apparently haven't been paying attaention then. Why you defend these clowns , I'll never know. They haven't done jack shit in 12 years, but in Titus' world life is good. blah...blah...blah...blah.

So you know BCF, I got this far in your post.

Life in my world is GREAT, allways will be and the fortunes/misfortunes of a football club is not going to affect that.

Speaking of paying attention, you might want to try your own suggestion. Ive explained my position to YOU specifically at least 10-12 times and it has nothing to do with the club, Lamar, Carl or the franchise.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 09:49 AM
It's funny how anyone that wants off-season FA activity automatically wants to take it to Dan Snyder extremes in your eyes?

Oh maybe because I read more times than I care to remember about how the Redskins were signing guys right and left and why 'we couldnt do that'...

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 09:50 AM
You apparently haven't been paying attaention then. Why you defend these clowns , I'll never know. They haven't done jack shit in 12 years, but in Titus' world life is good. I don't prefer the Daniel Snyder way, but I do prefer somebody that can see a weakness and address it with a quality player/s. I don't think somebody should be careless with their responsibilities, however I don't see a damn thing wrong with attempting to upgrade your talent level by pursuing some QUALITY players. A GM's responsibilty is to put the best team on the field he can and when we have been the bottom of the barrel on defense for 3 years(4 years now) ignoring the problem isn't going to resolve it. I know, I know, you are very pleased with the Chiefs FO and they can do no wrong in your eyes, but for those of us with a pulse, it's maddening to see their approach, year in and year out or are you now going to tell me how many playoff victories Carl has delivered? I won't even mention all the Super Bowl victories he's achieved. I won't apologize for not being pleased with their feeble attempts at improving. It's well-documented on Carl attempts to improve the team...Dishman, Gray, Bush, Crockett, ect...Yea, there's plenty to be pleased about :p

Hey, at least mention Priest.*

*No, the previous sentence is NOT a defense of Carl.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Translation:

love mediocrity or leave it. He's happy and is not sure why you are not.

Another big lifetime achiever chimes in.

That's gochiefs and D'nice.

shakesthecat
12-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey, at least mention Priest.*

Or Montana, or Allen, or Hasty, or Green......

Of course, those moves don't count since they worked.

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 09:58 AM

I'm sure you're the vice president of the United States or something.... :rolleyes:

bobbything
12-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Semantics and word play. Being content with losing is the same as not wanting to win. You can rephrase it any way you want, but it's foolish to say any *single* person in this organization is content with a loser.
I disagree. I chose my words carefully and now you're twisting them to imply that I think the organization doesn't care about winning. I never said that.

Mediocrity isn't the same as a "loser." It just means that they're average. Not really that great, not really that bad.
Winning increases merchandise sales. Winning a Super Bowl probably increases merchandise sales.
Sure it does. But, right now, offense sells tickets, while defense wins championships. They're content right now because they have an all-world offense with pro-bowl talent at most positions. How many Kawika Mitchell jerseys do you see in the stands compared to the Trent Greens, Tony Gonzalezs, and Dante Halls?

They're going to make efforts to improve this team. I never said they wouldn't. But, Lamar Hunt isn't holding anyone responsible (not publically, anyway) for 6 or so mediocre seasons. Why?

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 10:00 AM
So you know BCF, I got this far in your post.

Life in my world is GREAT, allways will be and the fortunes/misfortunes of a football club is not going to affect that.

Speaking of paying attention, you might want to try your own suggestion. Ive explained my position to YOU specifically at least 10-12 times and it has nothing to do with the club, Lamar, Carl or the franchise.Why did I expect you to take the same approach and sweep it under the rug, just like the FO does? Typical. There's a well-documented history with Carl and history doesn't lie. In fact the above article just cements the entire organization's teflon attitude.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 10:01 AM
But, Lamar Hunt isn't holding anyone responsible (not publically, anyway) for 6 or so mediocre seasons. Why?

Too loyal.

Straight, No Chaser
12-07-2004, 10:03 AM
But, right now, offense sells tickets, while defense wins championships. They're content right now because they have an all-world offense with pro-bowl talent at most positions. How many Kawika Mitchell jerseys do you see in the stands compared to the Trent Greens, Tony Gonzalezs, and Dante Halls?...

They're going to make efforts to improve this team. I never said they wouldn't. But, Lamar Hunt isn't holding anyone responsible (not publically, anyway) for 6 or so mediocre seasons. Why?

Totally Pretentious statement unless you're Lamar's shadow.

You have permission to change your name from "bobbything" to "bobbitt thing"

---->

bobbything
12-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Too loyal.
To a fault, I suppose.

jspchief
Oh maybe because I read more times than I care to remember about how the Redskins were signing guys right and left and why 'we couldnt do that'...

Fair enough. I certainly haven't been around the planet long enough to have caught much of that. It just seems like the big defense against arguing that we need to aquire FAs is the "Dan Snyder defense".

But still. The way I see it, Carl Peterson has a long list of things that are part of his job. My guess is two of the bigger things are "make money" and "win games". When he has done one very well, and the other not as well, it's easy to speculate on how those things are prioritized.

Personally, I think Peterson has been negligent on the "win games" side of things. He won early, with the luxury of some great players that we were able to draft as a direct result of previous poor performances, and a coach that does miraculous things with mediocre teams (in the regular season). What we're seeing now though, is a downward trend. While we certainly had a stellar season last year, the overall W/L record in the last 6 years is declining. Meanwhile, we watch teams like the Steelers that have peaked, declined, and risen again in the same time period. This team is getting weaker and weaker in the talent department, and we're one bad off-season from being destoyed by retirement. Peterson ignoring our inability to find talent is going to take this team to the dumps. Hunt ignoring Peterson's failures isn't going to sink in until we suck long enough to hit him in the wallet as well as the W/L column.

KCTitus
I disagree. I chose my words carefully and now you're twisting them to imply that I think the organization doesn't care about winning. I never said that.

Uh...ok.

I suppose that's true. I, personally, want them to win...So, forgive me if his lackadaisical approach to fixing this problem has me a little down.

BigChiefFan
Or Montana, or Allen, or Hasty, or Green......

Of course, those moves don't count since they worked. Those moves besides Green were how long ago? In reference to Green, YES, that move worked and I give him credit, but the bad moves far outweigh the good moves, IMO-that's the entire point. After 16 years it's more than just circumstancial, it's a pattern.

HC_Chief
12-07-2004, 10:05 AM
I think it's fair Lamar does not place all the blame for a miserable '04 season on Carl; but he <i>should</i> place partial blame there.

What Lamar should really be ticked off at Carl about is the complete lack of post season success in his tenure. In addition to that is a horrible past six seasons. This team has been bad for quite a while now... only exception being the '03 regular season marks (a lot of bounces went our way) and a great O. It seems like we always have ONE area where we excel, then suck ass in all others. In the 90s, it was D. Now it's O. (under Gun we didn't excel at anything... except being an embarassment)

bobbything
12-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Totally Pretentious statement unless you're Lamar's shadow.
How is that "pretentious?" It's no more pretentious than anything else I've read here.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Why did I expect you to take the same approach and sweep it under the rug, just like the FO does? Typical. There's a well-documented history with Carl and history doesn't lie. In fact the above article just cements the entire organization's teflon attitude.

I didnt...Ive explained my position to you before, but since you've got some sort of advanced ADD, I'll try the short version.

Sh*t or get off the pot...would be my advice to you.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:07 AM
How is that "pretentious?" It's no more pretentious than anything else I've read here.

Actually, I have to agree with this.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 10:07 AM
I didnt...Ive explained my position to you before, but since you've got some sort of advanced ADD, I'll try the short version.

Sh*t or get off the pot...would be my advice to you.That's funny, because that would be my advice to Carl Peterson.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I'm sure you're the vice president of the United States or something.... :rolleyes:

Care to list your accomplishments? I mean, after all, nobody gets a free pass in your world.

I'd just like to compare and contrast your lifetime achievments against Lamar's.

memyselfI
12-07-2004, 10:09 AM

hey, back off. I am not attacking you personally. If doing things the same way and expecting different results, aka insanity, is fine with you, GREAT. But don't expect others to be completely thrilled and sharing your sense of satisfaction from running in place...

http://www.pets-warehouse.com/S/SH/H94.jpg

bobbything
12-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Titus, would you consider his approach to fixing the problem "aggressive?"

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:10 AM
That's funny, because that would be my advice to Carl Peterson.

You have the memory of a goldfish...

Ive suggested alternatives to put into practice that advice.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Titus, would you consider his approach to fixing the problem "aggressive?"

I dont see aggressive being the converse of lackadasical.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 10:15 AM
You have the memory of a goldfish...

Ive suggested alternatives to put into practice that advice.

That's your solution to everything, go root for another team, if you don't like it. That's insulting. I'm not a quitter, however, it is my dream to see my team win it all and clearly Carl hasn't delivered that or even come close in 12 years. It's funny because somebody really gives a shit about their team and wants changes, you pull out the go root for another team crap. You're full of it.

The Bad Guy
12-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Honestly, how can I love a team that has an owner that doesn't hold his top employees responsible for the failues of the team?

I must be stupid.

Only in Kansas City would the owner blame "bad fortune" on why the team sucks balls.

HC_Chief
12-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Honestly, how can I love a team that has an owner that doesn't hold his top employees responsible for the failues of the team?

I must be stupid.

Only in Kansas City would the owner blame "bad fortune" on why the team sucks balls.

Correction: the owner doesn't live in KC....

bobbything
12-07-2004, 10:20 AM
This was my initial point, but, it got lost somewhere among this shuffle.

Straight, No Chaser
12-07-2004, 10:21 AM

Given the classy and elegant way Lamar speaks publically, I don't think you safely can assume he's not holding anyone responsible in-house.

If you mean that holding someone responsible is publicly lopping someone's nuts off you're in the wrong city. Painting Lamar's actions with a single brush stroke may get you immediate graitfication but it certainly isn't a thoughtful representation of who he is and how he thinks.

--->

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 10:22 AM

I must be stupid.

:clap:

I've heard the excuses "bad fortune", "bad luck", and "bad karma" from this organization this year, and it's almost like a subliminal message to the fans.....like, "maybe if we say it enough, the fans will start believing it and stop blaming us."

HC_Chief
12-07-2004, 10:23 AM
If you mean holding someone responsible is publicly lopping someone's nuts off you're in the wrong city.

You got that right! Remember, Lamar is the guy who kept Jack Steadman in charge of the franchise WAY past the time where the fan base said "screw it, these guys suck!".

bobbything
12-07-2004, 10:28 AM
If you mean that holding someone responsible is publicly lopping someone's nuts off you're in the wrong city. Painting Lamar's actions with a single brush stroke may get you immediate graitfication but it certainly isn't a thoughtful representation of who he is and how he thinks.
I don't get any gratification out of questioning his words and/or actions (or lackthereof). Because that's all I'm doing. But, when is it time to start questioning the owner?

Maybe I'm alone in this boat.

The Bad Guy
12-07-2004, 10:32 AM
I don't get any gratification out of questioning his words and/or actions (or lackthereof). But, when is it time to start questioning the owner?

No, you aren't.

Some people will just defend this organization no matter how many failures they have.

Let's see the chain of events....Owner doesn't blame GM for failures, GM and HC reward players who were failures with new contracts for their bad play, bad players with new contracts and a new DC still play like bottom- feeders, but Lamar doesn't want to point fingers after his team has followed up a 13-3 season by laying an egg...again.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:34 AM
That's your solution to everything, go root for another team, if you don't like it. That's insulting. ...

Actually, that's not my solution. That may work for people like Proctor or denise, but I would never advocate that. You seem to desire to play the victim in this conversation, so Im dropping it. I refuse to believe that after the many times we've been through this that you're really that thick.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Actually, that's not my solution. That may work for people like Proctor or denise, but I would never advocate that. You seem to desire to play the victim in this conversation, so Im dropping it. I refuse to believe that after the many times we've been through this that you're really that thick.After 16 ****ing years of failures, when is exactly okay to question the FO? Yes, we've been through this before, but now that the majority has come out on this thread you want to bail.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:37 AM
After 16 ****ing years of failures, when is exactly okay to question the FO? Yes, we've been through this before, but now that the majority has come out on this thread you want to bail.

Im not bailing, Im just dropping the dialogue with you. Wow, I guess you are this thick.

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 10:38 AM
I don't get any gratification out of questioning his words and/or actions (or lackthereof). Because that's all I'm doing. But, when is it time to start questioning the owner?

No, I agree. With Peterson in charge, he hasn't had to do anything with the team in 16 years, except watch the games and rake in the money. I almost get the impression that he would rather sweep Oakland and go 2-14 than get swept by Oakland and go 14-2. The only time I can remember him showing any displeasure with the team was after the Monday Night Meltdown. Playoff losses seem to get a response of "Oh well, at least we made it this far." Lamar may have really wanted to win back in the days of the AFL, but it seems like once he realized his goal of merging the AFL with the NFL, he lost his competitive fire.

I've said it before. If you don't want to do everything you can to win the Super Bowl, then sell the team to someone who does.

Hope you stick around, bobbything; it's just going to get more interesting.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Let's see the chain of events....Owner doesn't blame GM for failures publicly, GM and HC reward players who were failures with new contracts for their bad play, bad players with new contracts and a new DC still play like bottom- feeders, but Lamar doesn't want to point fingers after his team has followed up a 13-3 season by laying an egg publicly...again.

I fixed this...

bricks
12-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Honestly, were fooked with Lamar Hunt as our owner! I hate to say this, but, I'm expecting the same sh*t again and again.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:40 AM
I almost get the impression that he would rather sweep Oakland and go 2-14 than get swept by Oakland and go 14-2.

So we're back to the 'he doesnt really care about winning' again...great.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 10:41 AM
A consistent winner

Team Record

San Francisco 164-88
Green Bay 153-99
Pittsburgh 151-100-1
Denver 150-102
Chiefs 148-103-1

Whats sad is, we are the only one of these teams that HAVE NOT been to the Super Bowl in that time frame.....sigh....

Skip Towne
12-07-2004, 10:41 AM

That's rep!

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Im not bailing, Im just dropping the dialogue with you. Wow, I guess you are this thick. Good because you are like arguing with a brick wall. You only see it one way and that way is you are right and everybody else is wrong. I won't apologize for thinking a change would be good for the Chiefs and Carl's history supports that thinking.

BTW, maybe you shouldn't chime in on my posts if you don't want to re-hash this. Hmmmm.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Good because you are like arguing with a brick wall. You only see it one way and that way is you are right and everybody else is wrong. I won't apologize for thinking a change would be good for the Chiefs and Carl's history supports that thinking.

And you know what to do about it...

bobbything
12-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Hope you stick around, bobbything; it's just going to get more interesting.
I enjoy reading this forum. And, judging by some of the opinions, it does look like it's going to get more interesting.

I tend to look at this kind of like MU's situation. They've got an AD who, really, isn't getting much heat for the hiring of Snyder and Pinkel. However, in colleges, at some point, he's going to be held responsible if he doesn't do something to fix it. The alumni won't stand for it.

Fans of professional athletics don't have the luxury of alumni donations funding the program. If we did, there would have been a change made the day after Carl Peterson's "5 year plan" ran out of time.

BigChiefFan
And you know what to do about it...

Yea, I do. Voice my displeasure very loudly. :p

shaneo69
I fixed this...

Yeah, I'm sure behind closed doors, the real Lamar comes out and he curses at his management team the way Gunther chewed out his defense on Sunday.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:49 AM

While continuning to fund it...yep, thick as a wall of encyclopedias.

nmt1
12-07-2004, 10:49 AM

I think Titus might be saying that expressing your displeasure here is useless. You should voice your displeasure to someone who might actually be able to make a difference.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I'm sure behind closed doors, the real Lamar comes out and he curses at his management team the way Gunther chewed out his defense on Sunday.

I didnt realize that what Gunther did was publicly done...was that on at halftime or something, cause all I got was Nantz and Sharpe and the other yayhoos talking about the other games.

I'd love to know what happens behind closed doors, and I refuse to speculate either way, but I do appreciate it when people pretend to know for a fact one way or the other.

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Fans of professional athletics don't have the luxury of alumni donations funding the program. If we did, there would have been a change made the day after Carl Peterson's "5 year plan" ran out of time.

No, Chiefs fans don't have the clout of angry alumni, but a couple "classless and deranged" members of this forum helped accelerate the departure of our former defensive coordinator by starting the www.firegregrobinson.com website last year.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 10:55 AM
While continuning to fund it...yep, thick as a wall of encyclopedias.Now how in the Hell do you know what I do or don't do? I thought you were done talking with me? I could go into this long post about what I have stopped doing, but it would just fall on deaf ears anyway, so I won't. Like I told you before don't tell me how to spend my money and here you are doing it again, Now who is the thick one?
Trust me, I've made my concessions and will continue to do so until I see some effort that I believe they are at leat attempting to improve. I'm glad you can swallow down the kool-aid but just because some aren't you seem to take a personal offense and want to tell others what they should or shouldn't do. I'll make my own damn decisions, thank you very much.

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 10:56 AM
I didnt realize that what Gunther did was publicly done...was that on at halftime or something, cause all I got was Nantz and Sharpe and the other yayhoos talking about the other games.

I'd love to know what happens behind closed doors, and I refuse to speculate either way, but I do appreciate it when people pretend to know for a fact one way or the other.

Just going by what Gretz said in his column Sunday night. He was there. I take his word for it. Vermiel also mentioned it in an interview yesterday posted on their website.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 10:56 AM
I think Titus might be saying that expressing your displeasure here is useless. You should voice your displeasure to someone who might actually be able to make a difference. Did you ever think I have?

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 11:01 AM

Vermeil: “Gun got after the defense and a couple of guys because of a couple of mistakes that were made. It’s just normal practice.”

Then here's Gunther's part.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/1...rt_still_beats/

CUNNINGHAM: At half-time, the Chiefs defensive coordinator was nearly out of his mind. The frustration of the season and the poor play of the defense had built up to a crescendo in his head. On top of all that was a first-half performance that was an embarrassment. Kerry Collins threw for 190 yards and a pair of TD passes in just 26 offensive plays. The secondary was beaten for 51 and 34-yard scores.

It was more than Cunningham could handle. At half-time, he exploded like he hasn’t during this entire return to KC season. His words were brutal and frank and can’t be repeated verbatim here. The premise was this: he was tired of the secondary embarrassing the team and the entire franchise.

“I probably should not have done that at half-time, but I couldn’t stand it,” Cunningham said. “We were awful. We sucked and there was no reason for it. We were killing ourselves.”

The Chiefs went out in the second half and probably played their best 30 minutes of defensive football in weeks, maybe months. They allowed only one score and gave up 153 yards of offense. Collins was sacked twice and harassed on nearly every ball he threw. The Chiefs got their hands on several passes and Eric Warfield dropped an interception. The Chiefs were more physical and more assignment sound.

“He challenged the entire group,” said Eric Hicks. Added LB Kawika Mitchell: “We had to answer his call. There was nowhere else for us to go.”

Hmmmmmmm.

nmt1
12-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Did you ever think I have?

I've got no clue what you've done in regard to voicing your displeasure to the powers that be in the Chiefs organization. Maybe you could enlighten us.

chiefs4me
12-07-2004, 11:10 AM

Everything he said I agree with,,,,The old man gave me my beloved KC Chiefs win or lose,,,,, and for that I will always respect him.:thumb:

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 11:12 AM
hey, back off. I am not attacking you personally. If doing things the same way and expecting different results, aka insanity, is fine with you, GREAT. But don't expect others to be completely thrilled and sharing your sense of satisfaction from running in place...

OK. That was personal. I shouldn't have said it. I have no idea what you may have accomplished in your life. So for that comment I apologize.

However:

You want to be a smart ass translator? Expect some translation back.

I'll defend Lamar any day. I like the guy. He's dignified. Too Loyal but dignified.

To 'translate' that he's satisfied with mediocrity and can't understand why everybody else isn't is bullshiot.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
To 'translate' that he's satisfied with mediocrity and can't understand why everybody else isn't is bullshiot.

I dont really give one good damn what a bandwagon fan has to say. I'll be a fan of the club win or lose.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 11:43 AM
I dont really give one good damn what a bandwagon fan has to say. I'll be a fan of the club win or lose.Now your accusing the majority as being bandwagon fans? Will you stop at nothing to attempt to be right? Bandwagon fans my ass.

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2004, 11:49 AM
I'm not going bash Lamar. This all good public relations stuff. First Lamar is taking the high road by not dissing Peterson during the season, causing commonition throughout the organization. This is just standard talk in the business world.

Redcoats58
12-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Now your accusing the majority as being bandwagon fans? Will you stop at nothing to attempt to be right? Bandwagon fans my ass.
I believe that post was directed towards meme. She is the epitome of bandwagon fans.

bobbything
12-07-2004, 11:51 AM
This is just standard talk in the business world.
Careful about comparing sports to business...

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 11:56 AM
I believe that post was directed towards meme. She is the epitome of bandwagon fans.If that's the case then it's my bad.

Cannibal
12-07-2004, 12:03 PM
I think Peterson must have some pretty damn obscene pictures of Titus is his possession.

He has defended him consistantly for years.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Carl has done an excellent job getting fans in the seats with a shitty product, it's all about $$$$!!

gblowfish
12-07-2004, 12:54 PM
I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind all of you to look for your season ticket renewal letter soon, first payment will be due before you know it. I promise I won't raise the prices any more than last year. That is my gift to you, the best fans in the NFL. Now excuse me, I have to go dress up like Al Davis again. It scares the HELL out of Lamar. BTW: I still have my job because I slap Lamar around like a pinata...tell him to STFD and STFU. Works like a charm every time!

Your Pal,
King Carl

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind all of you to look for your season ticket renewal letter soon, first payment will be due before you know it. I promise I won't raise the prices any more than last year. That is my gift to you, the best fans in the NFL. Now excuse me, I have to go dress up like Al Davis again. It scares the HELL out of Lamar. BTW: I still have my job because I slap Lamar around like a pinata...tell him to STFD and STFU. Works like a charm every time!

Your Pal,
King Carl

That's classic. :LOL:

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Now your accusing the majority as being bandwagon fans? Will you stop at nothing to attempt to be right? Bandwagon fans my ass.

I'll take this time out to state that I was originally kidding about your ability to not buy a clue, but it appears it wasnt a joke. I dont get it, I really dont for the life of me understand how in the world you think I attributed that to you. Good Lord, man, may I suggest the RIF progam?

That comment was addressed to denise.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 01:15 PM
I think Peterson must have some pretty damn obscene pictures of Titus is his possession.

He has defended him consistantly for years.

Ive allways been amazed at the mindset that calling BS on your or BCF or any other posters speculation on the inside workings of the Chiefs front office or the thought that the team doesnt care about winning is 'defending' anyone.

You say: Lamar/Carl doesnt care about winning
I say: bullsh*t

That's not defending Carl/Lamar, that's asking you to back your statement up.

As usual, it winds up being nothing more than resorting to dick jokes.

KCChiefsFan88
12-07-2004, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=tk13

[/QUOTE]

Wrong Oh Senile One, if you were in the NFC you wouldn't be anything either because you went 1-3 vs the NFC this year, losing to 3 losing teams in the NFC.

And about you claiming over the past 14-15 games you are the near the top of the league in wins, try again... in the past 15 games, dating back to last season you are 5-10... that doesn't qualify you for most wins in the league.

Time for this stiff to either show a commitment to winning and fire Peterson's ass or sell the team already.

Tuckdaddy
12-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Does Lamar even know what is going on with his team? Owners who truly want to win go out and get the talent they need. We should have been doing that on defense. It doesn't necessarily mean a SB birth but at least effort is being made.

Logical
12-07-2004, 01:32 PM

WTF how senile has Lamar become? By my account we are 5 and 10 over the last 15 games if you count the playoff game.

KCTitus
12-07-2004, 01:33 PM
WTF how senile has Lamar become? By my account we are 5 and 10 over the last 15 games if you count the playoff game.

Im pretty sure he meant years and that it was a misprint...but dont let that detract from your perfectly good rant.

gblowfish
12-07-2004, 01:47 PM
This afternoon Keitzman said Jeffrey Flannagan's article in the KC Star said Lamar only meets with Chiefs management once a month. That means he only has at most 12 meetings a year with King Carl to get the skinny on what's up. That's a little too hands off for me.

BigRedChief
12-07-2004, 01:48 PM
It should be pointed out that I've not posted in this thread. :p

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 01:51 PM
This afternoon Keitzman said Jeffrey Flannagan's article in the KC Star said Lamar only meets with Chiefs management once a month. That means he only has at most 12 meetings a year with King Carl to get the skinny on what's up. That's a little too hands off for me.

Those meetings probably go something like this....

Lamar: Carl, did we sell out all of our games this month.
Carl: Yep, boss.
Lamar: Good job, Carl.
Carl: Good meeting, boss.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I'll take this time out to state that I was originally kidding about your ability to not buy a clue, but it appears it wasnt a joke. I dont get it, I really dont for the life of me understand how in the world you think I attributed that to you. Good Lord, man, may I suggest the RIF progam?

That comment was addressed to denise.See post #146. One step ahead of ya. :p

BR547
12-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Posted on Tue, Dec. 07, 2004
Click to learn more...
Peterson

Hunt supports Peterson

Chiefs owner says GM not at fault for team's troubles

By JEFFREY FLANAGAN

The Kansas City Star

Chiefs fans believed the team could be a Super Bowl contender this season.

And again, their hopes were dashed in what has been an absolute train wreck of a season.

But if Chiefs fans are begging for any housecleaning, starting with president/general manager Carl Peterson, those hopes will be dashed as well.

Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt has indicated he has no intentions of replacing Peterson.

“I'm very pleased with the job Carl has done,” Hunt said by phone from Dallas. “I don't anticipate any change there.”

Hunt said he is as disappointed with the Chiefs' downfall this season as anyone, but he isn't pointing fingers at his front office.

“I certainly don't blame Carl for this season,” Hunt said. “I'm not one to start blaming people. It's never just one individual.”

Then who is responsible for the Chiefs' 4-8 record?

“I'm not going to speculate on why we are what we are,” Hunt said. “But I know it's not the work of one person.

Peterson, 60, signed a five-year extension in 2000 and is under contract for 2005. The Peterson era started in 1989, and the seats at Arrowhead Stadium have been consistently filled since.

But Hunt disputes the popular notion that he is keeping Peterson around only because he fills the stadium and thus is a money-maker.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/10355239.htm?1c

SPchief
12-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I've never seen this before :)

jspchief
12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey rookie, feel free to scroll through other topics that have been started before you start your own threads.:thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 03:22 PM
News flash. ROFL

It's ok BR547...we've all done it. You didn't know. You probably have a life and don't spend every waking hour on here.

:thumb:

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 03:43 PM
You probably have a life and don't spend every waking hour on here.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that a person might notice something is on the front page before duplicating the thread.

Logical
12-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Im pretty sure he meant years and that it was a misprint...but dont let that detract from your perfectly good rant.
I won't only because a qualified writer has it in quotes. If you are correct does that mean Lamar has forgot how many years Carl has been in charge (given that it is 16) not 14 or 15. If so is that not another sign of his potential senility? Or maybe he purposely ignores the losing seasons.:p

Cannibal
12-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Ive allways been amazed at the mindset that calling BS on your or BCF or any other posters speculation on the inside workings of the Chiefs front office or the thought that the team doesnt care about winning is 'defending' anyone.

I don't remember ever saying Carl doesn't care about winning, although I may have.

But I have said the whole time that he is a sh!tty GM and you have always defended him. Everyone knows you defend him. You always have.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 04:01 PM

Maybe because you IGNORE what is fact, like playing in one playoff game in 6 years. You ignore FACTS like we haven't won a playoff game in 12 years. We back it up and you ignore it. BTW,I don't recall anybody saying that they don't care. I seem to recall saying that making money is priority one for them, there's a difference, but you only see what you want to anyway. BTW, after 16 years of disappointment when exactly is it okay to bag on them?

Logical
12-07-2004, 04:02 PM

Just to be a devils advocate, what proof do you have that Carl, the Chiefs front office, or Lamar do actually care about winning the Super Bowl. In my view this is nothing but speculation on your part.

suds79
12-07-2004, 04:07 PM
after reading that article, Lamar Hunt just makes me want to :Lin:

I'm not afraid to say it.

F U Lamar ya money grubbing trash owner.

It's because either your love of money or your short sightedness is why we have to wait for you to "wink wink" move on before we can begin to hope for a SB.

tk13
12-07-2004, 04:11 PM

It's because either your love of money or your short sightedness is why we have to wait for you to "wink wink" move on before we can begin to hope for a SB.

You know, I can understand people criticizing Lamar for things he does in running the team, that's part of the business and I don't see a single problem with it. Hoping the guy will freaking die so a football team can win is pretty damn harsh though... :shake:

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Just to be a devils advocate, what proof do you have that Carl, the Chiefs front office, or Lamar do actually care about winning the Super Bowl. In my view this is nothing but speculation on your part. Didn't you get the memo? Only blind homers are allowed to speculate.

Logical
12-07-2004, 04:13 PM

I hate to say it but I suspect even that won't be the answer. I am of the opinion that Clark views the Chiefs as nothing more than a money source to support his actual hobby, the Wizards. Unless the Hunt family sells the Chiefs I doubt anything will change. The flip side is that if they sell the team I do not see the Chiefs staying in such a small market as Kansas City without a new stadium.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2004, 04:17 PM
I hate to say it but I suspect even that won't be the answer. I am of the opinion that Clark views the Chiefs as nothing more than a money source to support his actual hobby, the Wizards. Unless the Hunt family sells the Chiefs I doubt anything will change. The flip side is that if they sell the team I do not see the Chiefs staying in such a small market as Kansas City without a new stadium.
I'd gladly give them a new stadium and contribute my tax dollars , if they showed that making the Super Bowl was their priority. Given the past 30 years, history doesn't suggest that is the case.

philfree
12-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Hunt is getting filthy off the Chiefs he was filthy to start. He doesn't need the Chiefs profits for him to be able to do what he wants. The idea that he's lining his pockets is ridiculous. What was that quote from Lamars dad? He was asked if he new that in he new Lamar had went $mil in the hole with the Chiefs that year and he said something like "he can do that for 100 more years".

Logical
12-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Hunt is getting filthy off the Chiefs he was filthy to start. He doesn't need the Chiefs profits for him to be able to do what he wants. The idea that he's lining his pockets is ridiculous. What was that quote from Lamars dad? He was asked if he new that in he new Lamar had went $mil in the hole with the Chiefs that year and he said something like "he can do that for 100 more years".

H. L. Hunt died in 1974 so when did this supposed comment occur?

suds79
12-07-2004, 04:29 PM

I don't know about you, but every rich person I've been around (used to do work where I was) I've noticed are tight as he!! with their money.

Somtimes I wondered if they got that way their their money because they're such penny pinchers.

I guess it's hard to say. Sure there's rich people who spend money like it's going out of style but certainly there's rich people who simply love it and crave more wouldn't you say?

philfree
12-07-2004, 04:40 PM
H. L. Hunt died in 1974 so when did this supposed comment occur?

It was well before then. I wish I could find it so I could stell you shove your supposed up you ass. If I do I will :)

~off to diner~

2bikemike
12-07-2004, 04:41 PM
I too can understand some of the criticism directed at the mangagement of this team. But to think that Hunt or Peterson aren't interested in winning the Superbowl is assinine.

You think Lamar and Carl don't realize what a trip to the Superbowl would do for their bottom line. Winning a Superbowl would bring a lot of exposure to the team which would relate to more sales. Ease in getting the Stadium rebuilt or remodeled which in turn would get them more revenue.

I ain't buying into the BS about not caring about winning and going to the SB.

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 04:42 PM
It was well before then. I wish I could find it so I could stell you shove your supposed up you ass. If I do I will :)

~off to diner~

So you could do... what?

Logical
12-07-2004, 04:48 PM
So you could do... what?stell you endo:mad:ROFL

Logical
12-07-2004, 04:50 PM

~off to diner~ I wish you a long and prosperous year, because you are going to need it to find a pre 1974 arcane quote from H.L. Hunt on the Internet.ROFL

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 05:53 PM
I wish you a long and prosperous year, because you are going to need it to find a pre 1974 arcane quote from H.L. Hunt on the Internet.ROFL

Actually, I heard that quote as well. It was around the time Hunt was forming the AFL, and the owners (Foolish Club) knew they wouldn't be making any money off it.

Brock
12-07-2004, 06:04 PM
I wish you a long and prosperous year, because you are going to need it to find a pre 1974 arcane quote from H.L. Hunt on the Internet.ROFL

Took all of 10 minutes.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCL/is_4_30/ai_66760540

It was the elder Hunt who came up with the best-remembered quote from the AFL era. After his son reportedly lost $1 million in his first season, H.L. was asked how long Lamar could keep doing that. According to various reports, he said Lamar would go broke in about 150 years if he kept it up. That quote signified that Lamar Hunt was in this AFL thing for the long haul.

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Hard to imagine how someone could go from having $150 mil back in 1961 to being cashed out in 2004.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Hard to imagine how someone could go from having $150 mil back in 1961 to being cashed out in 2004.

Lamar's cashed out?

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Lamar's cashed out?

Yeah, I know, it surprised me too. But when DV said that we couldn't sign any outside free agents this offseason because Lamar was "cashed out", I had to take his word for it.

But I still have my doubts.

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I know, it surprised me too. But when DV said that we couldn't sign any outside free agents this offseason because Lamar was "cashed out", I had to take his word for it.

But I still have my doubts.

That was a load of BS.

Lamar did not want to shell out the big signing bonuses this year because of what happened when we signed the wrong guys in the offseason prior.

shaneo69
12-07-2004, 06:42 PM
That was a load of BS.

Lamar did not want to shell out the big signing bonuses this year because of what happened when we signed the wrong guys in the offseason prior.

Did you already read those books I recommended?

philfree
12-07-2004, 07:57 PM
The Chiefs are a business and Lamar invested heavily in this business to get it off the ground. Now that it's a success it opperates on it's own with the revenue it generates. That's how it's run and that's how it can be cashed out. Lamar isn't cashed out but the Chiefs may well have been last season. Lamar Hunt and the KC Chiefs are two seperate intities(sp?) at this point in time. If the fans in the KC area want mega signing bonuses to paid to FAs then they need to vote to refurbish Arrowhead and add the things that bring in more revenue. If they're not willing to do that then why should Lamar be willing to dish tens of Millions out of his pocket?

philfree
12-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Took all of 10 minutes.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/artic..._30/ai_66760540
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was the elder Hunt who came up with the best-remembered quote from the AFL era. After his son reportedly lost $1 million in his first season, H.L. was asked how long Lamar could keep doing that. According to various reports, he said Lamar would go broke in about 150 years if he kept it up. That quote signified that Lamar Hunt was in this AFL thing for the long haul.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! :thumb:

Up yours Vlad ROFL

Count Zarth
12-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Did you already read those books I recommended?

Of course not. I'll get around to it though. I own Hail to the Chiefs by Bob Gretz, I enjoyed that.

booger
12-07-2004, 08:11 PM
I can't wait until rufus writes a book.

Nzoner
12-07-2004, 10:50 PM
A consistent winner

Team Record

San Francisco 164-88
Green Bay 153-99
Pittsburgh 151-100-1
Denver 150-102
Chiefs 148-103-1

Whats sad is, we are the only one of these teams that HAVE NOT been to the Super Bowl in that time frame.....sigh....

Just got around to reading this thread was wondering if and when that would be pointed out.Off the top of my head I'm counting 5 Super Bowl trophies there and at least 2 trips.

Logical
12-07-2004, 11:12 PM
The Chiefs are a business and Lamar invested heavily in this business to get it off the ground. Now that it's a success it opperates on it's own with the revenue it generates. That's how it's run and that's how it can be cashed out. Lamar isn't cashed out but the Chiefs may well have been last season. Lamar Hunt and the KC Chiefs are two seperate intities(sp?) at this point in time. If the fans in the KC area want mega signing bonuses to paid to FAs then they need to vote to refurbish Arrowhead and add the things that bring in more revenue. If they're not willing to do that then why should Lamar be willing to dish tens of Millions out of his pocket?

PhilFree :arrow:LMFAO Lamar invested 25K and according to the quote lost 1.5 million in operating expenses the first year. The franchise is worth approximately 1/2 a billion dollars now. Yup old Lamar is really hurting with that investment.ROFL

By the way the club could do an equity line of credit that would be paid off before the season was finished to pay signing bonus money and never touch that old skin flint Lamar's money.

tommykat
12-07-2004, 11:17 PM
LMFAO Lamar invested 25K and according to the quote lost 1 million in operating expenses the first year. The franchise is worth approximately 1/2 a billion dollars now. Yup old Lamar is really hurting with that investment.ROFL

By the way the club could do an equity line of credit that would be paid off before the season was finished to pay signing bonus money and never touch that old skin flint Lamar's money.

:hmmm: touch that? :shake: Not with Logical as of late.

Logical
12-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! :thumb:

Up yours Vlad ROFL

PhilFree :arrow: You do know that link in your quote does not work, right?

tommykat
12-07-2004, 11:20 PM
You do know that link in your quote does not work, right?

:hmmm: touch that? :shake: Not with Logical as of late.

see.................:p

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2004, 11:22 PM
I don't know about you, but every rich person I've been around (used to do work where I was) I've noticed are tight as he!! with their money.

Somtimes I wondered if they got that way their their money because they're such penny pinchers.

I guess it's hard to say. Sure there's rich people who spend money like it's going out of style but certainly there's rich people who simply love it and crave more wouldn't you say?

That is why they have money in the first place.

milkman
12-08-2004, 09:22 AM
I respect what Lamar has done in his lifetime in the footballl world.

He, along with Pete Rozelle, are the 2 men primarily responsible for the NFL being what it is today.

I won't speculate on whether the statements by Lamar are just public Bs, and that he is privately unhappy with Carl's job, or if his public statements are a true reflection of his private thoughts.

What I do know is that I do not want an owner of the Jerry Jones/Daniel Snyder ilk.
They simply haven't been successful in making football decisions.

Yes, Jones had those Cowboy teams that won those SBs in the 90s, but they were put together by Jimmy Johnson.

What I do want is a football man in charge of talent evaluation and acquisition.
And Carl isn't that man.

KCTitus
12-08-2004, 09:31 AM
I won't speculate on whether the statements by Lamar are just public Bs, and that he is privately unhappy with Carl's job, or if his public statements are a true reflection of his private thoughts.

Well, then that makes you a homer of gigantic proportions...

milkman
12-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Well, then that makes you a homer of gigantic proportions...

No, it makes me a fence sitter.

I do think of myself as a homer.
A cynical one.

I do realize that is somehwat contraditory.
I'm a complex person.

milkman
12-08-2004, 09:46 AM
A consistent winner

Team Record

San Francisco 164-88
Green Bay 153-99
Pittsburgh 151-100-1
Denver 150-102
Chiefs 148-103-1

I've seen this kind of list before.

I think, though, what would be more interesting, and perhaps more telling, is the teams that are 6-10 and the number of SBs they've achieved in the same time frame.

KCTitus
12-08-2004, 09:51 AM
No, it makes me a fence sitter.

I do think of myself as a homer.
A cynical one.

I do realize that is somehwat contraditory.
I'm a complex person.

It's kind of a running joke with me...since I refuse to make stuff up and speculate I get called homer all the time. Hell, I even got nominated for Planet Homer!