PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever solved a Rubix cube?

Snowman
12-07-2004, 07:07 AM
Well, have you punk?

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...........................bitch!

http://staticfree.info/graphics/fractal_snowman.png

ptlyon
12-07-2004, 07:19 AM
I did once - no idea how I did it tho.

alpha_omega
12-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Yes...and the Pyraminx (i think that is what it was called) too.

Gaz
12-07-2004, 07:22 AM
If by “solve” you mean “try for two minutes, shrug and toss in the trash,” then yes I have.

xoxo~
Gaz
Working on that abbreviated attention span.

Saulbadguy
12-07-2004, 07:26 AM
I took off the color stickers and rearranged them to make it look like I did.

Lzen
12-07-2004, 07:30 AM

Lol, I did that too. ROFL

The last time I really even messed with a Rubik's cube was when I was a kid. I actually only got 4 out of 6 sides(without cheating).

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 07:34 AM
We used to take them apart and put them back together correctly. We were geeeeenioussssses.

ROFL

Ghostof
12-07-2004, 07:37 AM

Sounds like what the Chiefs did this year with their defense from last year!

Lzen
12-07-2004, 07:37 AM
We used to take them apart and put them back together correctly. We were geeeeenioussssses.

ROFL

Lol, did that, too.

I did have a cousin who was about 3 years older than me. So, I guess he was probably around 11 or 12 at the time. He could solve a Rubik's cube in a minute or two.

cdcox
12-07-2004, 07:42 AM
At one time, I could routinely solve it in about 2 minutes. I still think I could do it in 20 minutes or so. You consider it as 3 layers. The top 2 layers are pretty easy. When you get those correct, there are about 3 or 4 possible patterns that could exist on the bottom layer. These are tougher, so memorizing the solution for the various patterns helps.

Snowman
12-07-2004, 08:03 AM
My original intent was to make this a poll with the following options:

* I can tap a keg
*Gravy
*Deep breathing serves as a salve to the soul
*Bob Dole like Rubix pie

Alas, I hit the submit button too quickly and it would seem that newbies (even alter-ego newbies) cannot delete a thread without the assistance of a moderator. Damn the luck anyhow.

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 09:12 AM
I've got a knock-off Linux promotional rubik's cube at my place (the white squares all have penquins on them... how cute). Few weeks back a buddy of mine came over and, while intoxicated, solved in a few minutes.

I've never even bothered to try.

HC_Chief
12-07-2004, 09:14 AM
nope

But I worked with a guy from Romania that could solve one in about 40 seconds. No kidding... you could screw it up for hours, he'd solve it in under a minute.

Thig Lyfe
12-07-2004, 09:36 AM

You stole my post. Biotch.

Otter
12-07-2004, 09:46 AM
nope

But I worked with a guy from Romania that could solve one in about 40 seconds. No kidding... you could screw it up for hours, he'd solve it in under a minute.

I remember when I was in school one of the kids fathers was from Romania (uhh, I think it was Romania) and he could solve it as well. How could a certain ethnicity be able to solve it????

As far as me solving them, I used to take them apart as well then show my brother and dad it when it was put back together.

Genious!!!!

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 09:51 AM
You stole my post. Biotch.

Geez, if you aren't bitchin' about someone stealing your avatar, you are bitchin' about someone stealing your post. :p

Cochise
12-07-2004, 09:58 AM
I used to be able to do it. Basically on two opposite sides if you got all the corners in the right place you could figure it out from there.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2004, 10:01 AM
I have nothing but pity for the late Mr. Cobain; if one of the factors leading to his suicide was his notorious fear of fame, one can only imagine that if they have a subscription to Spin in heaven, Kurt is currently asking Jesus where he keeps his shotguns.

ptlyon
12-07-2004, 10:02 AM
I have nothing but pity for the late Mr. Cobain; if one of the factors leading to his suicide was his notorious fear of fame, one can only imagine that if they have a subscription to Spin in heaven, Kurt is currently asking Jesus where he keeps his shotguns.

Very profound. I guess...

Cochise
12-07-2004, 10:03 AM

I know why you are called Psicosis now. :eek: :spock:

Lzen
12-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Heh, I hate to break your heart but Kurt ain't in Heaven. ;)

PastorMikH
12-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Used to be able to solve them in under 3 min, broke 2 min on good days - was one of the faster people in our school at solving them.

ChiefsOne
12-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Yes, there is a pattern in which you can solve it everytime. Just like the video games of the era.

BCD
12-07-2004, 11:03 AM

ROFL
ROFL That was the best way. Peeling the stickers off was easier, but sometimes they wouldn't stay on once you took them off...