PDA

View Full Version : Oceans Twelve

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Anyone else excited about seeing this? I loved the first one. I thought it was quite good. I hope this one is as good if not better. This guy seemed to love it:

http://chud.com/reviews/625

MOhillbilly
12-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Hell i just rented the first one fri. night.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Hell i just rented the first one fri. night.

wow...your so.....2001! LOL

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 12:33 PM
"Twelve is the new eleven." is my nominee for dumbest tagline of the month.

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 12:34 PM
He might be so 1960.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 12:35 PM
He might be so 1960.

hahah..yeah true..I actually forgot it was a remake of a Rat Pack film.

Fire Me Boy!
12-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Anyone else excited about seeing this? I loved the fist one. I thought it was quite good. I hope this one is as good if not better. This guy seemed to love it:

http://chud.com/reviews/625

I didn't read the review (as I haven't written my own yet) but I had the pleasure of watching Ocean's 12 last night at a press screening. Long story short, good flick. The audience (critics, primarily) seemed to really enjoy it. From a critic standpoint, you put that cast together with that creative team headed by Soderberg and you'll get something enjoyable. It's every bit as good as its predecessor. Witty and smart.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 12:44 PM
I didn't read the review (as I haven't written my own yet) but I had the pleasure of watching Ocean's 12 last night at a press screening. Long story short, good flick. The audience (critics, primarily) seemed to really enjoy it. From a critic standpoint, you put that cast together with that creative team headed by Soderberg and you'll get something enjoyable. It's every bit as good as its predecessor. Witty and smart.

Sweet! I cant wait. Me and the wife will go see it on Friday then.

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 12:44 PM

Says the guy with 1990 in his username.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 12:49 PM
What did you think of the first one [the remake, not the REAL first one]? I'm not a big fan. It had great atmosphere, but a big whole in where it's substance should be. It seemed to be a lot of hollywood prettyboys preening and effusing a "look how cool we are, we're remaking a classic" vibe. Reminded me of Tango and Cash or Harley Davison and the Marlboro Man.

PunkinDrublic
12-07-2004, 12:50 PM
I can't wait to see it. There's a lot of crappy movies out lately. Friday night lights and Ray were the only good movies worth going out to see and I saw those a month ago. There's not even any good indy flicks worth going out and seeing. Hopefully Oceans 12 will break the drought of great movies coming out.

Stinger
12-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Anyone else excited about seeing this? I loved the fist one....This guy seemed to love it:

:spock:

Exactly what movie are we talking about here?

NTTAWWT :thailor:

Fire Me Boy!
12-07-2004, 12:54 PM
I can't wait to see it. There's a lot of crappy movies out lately. Friday night lights and Ray were the only good movies worth going out to see and I saw those a month ago. There's not even any good indy flicks worth going out and seeing. Hopefully Oceans 12 will break the drought of great movies coming out.
I wouldn't call Ocean's 12 a great film -- I'd say it's what moviegoing is about: ENTERTAINMENT. Technically speaking it's Soderberg, and the man's just a damn good filmmaker. The acting is good and the script very good. The Godfather or Citizen Kane it's not. It's not a movie that anyone's going to talk about for years to come. It IS a movie you'll come out of the theater smiling and saying, "That was a good time." My opinion, FWIW. And hey, you guys get my opinion for FREE, everybody else has to get it through a 50-cent newspaper. That's gotta be worth something... right?

Seriously, right?

Anyone?

Nevermind. :(

Fire Me Boy!
12-07-2004, 12:56 PM
What did you think of the first one [the remake, not the REAL first one]? I'm not a big fan. It had great atmosphere, but a big whole in where it's substance should be. It seemed to be a lot of hollywood prettyboys preening and effusing a "look how cool we are, we're remaking a classic" vibe. Reminded me of Tango and Cash or Harley Davison and the Marlboro Man.
I enjoyed the first (not the original first)... There was a lot of preening in the first, and it's not entirely gone in this one. Overall, I think Ocean's 12 is a better film.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 12:57 PM
saw it, complete trash

PunkinDrublic
12-07-2004, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't call Ocean's 12 a great film -- I'd say it's what moviegoing is about: ENTERTAINMENT. Technically speaking it's Soderberg, and the man's just a damn good filmmaker. The acting is good and the script very good. The Godfather or Citizen Kane it's not. It's not a movie that anyone's going to talk about for years to come. It IS a movie you'll come out of the theater smiling and saying, "That was a good time." My opinion, FWIW. And hey, you guys get my opinion for FREE, everybody else has to get it through a 50-cent newspaper. That's gotta be worth something... right?

Seriously, right?

Anyone?

Nevermind. :(

Well maybe I was overreacting when I called it a great movie. But when you put it up against the crappy movies that are in theaters right now it will seem great. I love going to the movies. When there are a lot of really good movies in theaters I go to at least once a week. Nothing out right now could compel me to go to the theater.

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Nothing out right now could compel me to go to the theater.

I just go for the blowjobs.

Gaz
12-07-2004, 01:18 PM
“The Incredibles” is worth a matinee visit.

xoxo~
Gaz
Had a good time at that one.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 01:21 PM
How is National Treasure? Anyone here seen it?

Fire Me Boy!
12-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Haven't seen it. My folks said it was decent.

Pitt Gorilla
12-07-2004, 01:25 PM
I really liked Ocean's Eleven. I hoped this one would be as good. Thanks for the review.

|Zach|
12-07-2004, 01:59 PM
My dad really liked it...he usually goes of of his way to not like movies. ROFL

JazzzLovr
12-07-2004, 02:05 PM
I just go for the blowjobs.

Well, I guess you have to make beer money somehow.

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Well, I guess you have to make beer money somehow.

SMACK!

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2004, 02:53 PM
I really dug 2001 remake not only because it was a fun movie, but because we got to see a lot of stars in a movie without it turning into Canonball Run. The only thing about Ocean's 12 that bothers me is that they're having the premiere at the Chinese Theatre, which means that Hollywood Blvd isn't accessible from tonight at 7pm until 6am Thursday morning. It really screws up the already horrible traffic.

Dane

StcChief
12-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Wait for the DVD in 6 months as rental.

Saggysack
12-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Gonna go see it Friday.

I'm gonna sit down in my seat. Push the waiter button, order me a burger and fries and have the Newcastles Brown Ales brought to me every 10 minutes. Life will be good.

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Gonna go see it Friday.

I'm gonna sit down in my seat. Push the waiter button, order me a burger and fries and have the Newcastles Brown Ales brought to me every 10 minutes. Life will be good.
What theater is that?

Saggysack
12-07-2004, 03:51 PM
What theater is that?

http://www.warrentheatre.com/corporate.asp

Only available at the Old Town Theatre..

Jenson71
12-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Closer/Ocean's 12 this weekend...

Whats up with CZJ's short hair?

Logical
12-07-2004, 05:21 PM

It is a fun movie, if you are a person who is annoyed by things that cannot be real you will not like it. If you go to be entertained and are not bothered by a couple of hours of suspended reality it is a good time.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 05:28 PM
It is a fun movie, if you are a person who is annoyed by things that cannot be real you will not like it. If you go to be entertained and are not bothered by a couple of hours of suspended reality it is a good time.
For anyone who has read The Da Vinci Code, and watched National Treasure, how much will NT steal Code's thunder, as Tom Hanks has been tapped to play Langdon?