PDA

View Full Version : Who are the worst "big name" actors and actresses?

Pages : [1] 2

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 01:45 PM
The Bill Pullman discussion brings this to mind. I have no idea how he has a job in the movie industry.

TheNextStep
12-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Keanu Reeves.

Cochise
12-07-2004, 01:49 PM
John Travolta, hands down.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Julia Roberts.

MichaelH
12-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Julia Roberts.

I agree, I can't stand Julia Roberts.

Cochise
12-07-2004, 01:52 PM

Me either, her or her mouth that wraps all the way around to the back of her head. I swear she's got to have 600 teeth.

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Just imagine that unfortunate trainwreck of a child... Julia Roberts + John Elway = disaster.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Colin Farrel.

He's what Brad Pitt would be if he couldn't act.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 01:54 PM
I'd have to say Halle Berry. Mid-range eyecandy. But horrible casting decisions, too much reliance on her breasts for cachet, and such a weak-assed person in reality. Makes me barf. I'd rate her about as intelligent as Paris Hilton.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Just imagine that unfortunate trainwreck of a child... Julia Roberts + John Elway = disaster.
Didn't a Golooley take a tire iron to that child's knees a few years ago?

KC Dan
Easily Ben Affleck. Had it not been for co-writing that movie with Matt Damon & Damon starring, Affleck would be cleaning the Green Monster at Fenway Park.

Ultra Peanut
I'd have to say Halle Berry. Mid-range eyecandy. But horrible casting decisions, too much reliance on her breasts for cachet, and such a weak-assed person in reality. Makes me barf. I'd rate her about as intelligent as Paris Hilton.True.

That refrigerator isn't running fast enough to get out of the house.

Soupnazi
12-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Kirsten Dunst.

Could I pay $8 for a supposedly good looking girl to make a marginally-retarded face for 2 hours?

tk13
The Bill Pullman discussion brings this to mind. I have no idea how he has a job in the movie industry.
Come on! Bill Pullman! His job as President in Independence Day was legendary! And come on, Spaceballs! You can't diss the lead actor in Spaceballs!

Ultra Peanut
Didn't a Golooley take a tire iron to that child's knees a few years ago?
:clap:

Ultra Peanut
Kirsten Dunst.

Could I pay $8 for a supposedly good looking girl to make a marginally-retarded face for 2 hours?ROFL

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Easily Ben Affleck. Had it not been for co-writing that movie with Matt Damon & Damon starring, Affleck would be cleaning the Green Monster at Fenway Park.
I'd agree on Affleck, but I still want Kevin Smith to think I'm cool. :thumb:

JazzzLovr
12-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Keanu Reeves.

Agreed. His acting ability peaked with "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure."

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Are you forgetting the Shakespearian heights he reached opposite Malkovich in Dangerous Liasons? :rolleyes:

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 02:00 PM

I like Julia Roberts, but must admit that a child of that lineage would have tusks.

Cochise

Obviously you didn't see Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

MOhillbilly
Brad Pitt. He sucks in everything and gets a shine on casue he has fantastic supporting cast mates.
Ever see a movie he was in where it was just him doing the work?

JazzzLovr
12-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Obviously you didn't see Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

:LOL: No, actually, I didn't.

shakesthecat
12-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Angelina Jolie.

Lzen
12-07-2004, 02:02 PM
William Shatner

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Brad Pitt. He sucks in everything and gets a shine on casue he has fantastic supporting cast mates.
Are you kidding?
Great in True Romance
Great in Fight Club
Great in Snatch.

MichaelH
Keanu Reeves.

He was awful in Point Break. He should never, ever try to play a serious FBI agent. :shake:

Baby Lee
William Shatner
Shatner is a self-aware hack. That doesn't count.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Kevin spacey. Why can't he ever play a character that is believeable, like a homosexual.

MOhillbilly
12-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Are you kidding?
Great in True Romance
Great in Fight Club
Great in Snatch.

Sucks, he acts like hes trying to hard. And he had good actors and stories to cover up his suchassness in all 3.

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Kevin spacey. Why can't he ever play a character that is believeable, like a homosexual.

Seriously? I think Kevin Spacey is a fine actor.

There are two, maybe three, Kevin Costner movies I like, but he really is over-rated.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Nobody from Glengarry Glen Ross deserves to be in this thread. :cuss:

j/k - I like Spacey, but can see where people would be irritated by him.

BTW - he did play a homo in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

Cochise
12-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Add Robin Williams to this list. No one has ever over-acted more than he does. Even when he's on Letterman or something he's overacting and he's about as funny as getting your pecker caught in a zipper.

stevieray
12-07-2004, 02:13 PM
90 percent of Hollywood

jspchief
12-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Add Robin Williams to this list. No one has ever over-acted more than he does. Even when he's on Letterman or something he's overacting and he's about as funny as getting your pecker caught in a zipper.

Jim Carrey takes exception to those comments.

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Add Robin Williams to this list. No one has ever over-acted more than he does.

It's just his personality. He is best left to comedy. There, the over-acting is a plus for him.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Renee Zellweger.

I can't stand her.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:15 PM
He was picture perfect, and subdued even, in Good Will Hunting.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 02:17 PM
He was picture perfect, and subdued even, in Good Will Hunting.

I can't even fathom the self-restraint that was required of him.

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Speaking of Costner, I just rented The Last Samuri about a week ago. Did anyone else find it to basically be a remake of Dances with Wolves?

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:18 PM
I was kidden about spacey. he is a good. Since i know what too much about movies. I will try to come up with a good one. I might try to make a case that tom hanks is overated.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Speaking of Costner, I just rented The Last Samuri about a week ago. Did anyone else find it to basically be a remake of Dances with Wolves?

www.snopes.com/danceswithsamuri

Raiderhader
I was kidden about spacey. he is a good. Since i know what too much about movies. I will try to come up with a good one. I might try to make a case that tom hanks is overated.

Uh yeah, good luck with that.

TNTEICHER
I'm a little surprised at some of these answers Brad Pit and Keven Spacey? Are you kidding me?

Nobody has mentioned Drew Barrymore. Damn poor actress. If it wasn't for the family name she'd be serving me my Big Mac.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I can't even fathom the self-restraint that was required of him.
If you haven't seen GWH, you owe it to yourself.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I don't know how many times I have thought, that sounds like a good movie. Read the credits see Steven Seagal's name & flip the channel. I can't stand him

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:25 PM

So far the best answer. Affleck's acting belongs in cable B-movies only.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:25 PM
i know who is underated Don Cheadle

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
see maybe i read the topic wrong, but i am thinking about overated actors. I just think of it as common knowledge that K. Reeves, Segal, van damn, etc are bad actors.

Dallas Chief
12-07-2004, 02:27 PM
I agree MO. Brad Pitt blows. Except as Floyd in True Romance

Cochise
12-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I don't know how many times I have thought, that sounds like a good movie. Read the credits see Steven Seagal's name & flip the channel. I can't stand him

I wish I could get a tape of him hosting Saturday Night Live. I think someone else had backed out at the last minute, but it was hilarious. The guy can't act his way out of a paper bag.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:28 PM

When it comes to Julia, "standing" is the furthest thought in my mind.
;)

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Over-rated...

Jack Nicholson...playing the same charactor with the same speech pattern in every movie CAN make you a legend. I know some will say he was different in "Anger Management" and that stupid movie with Helen Hunt... "As Good As It Gets...?".... but no he wasn't. He was just slower than usual in one and faster than usual in the other.

Brad Pitt...good thing he's pretty

John Revolting...just basically stupid

Halle Berry...good thing she's pretty

Cameron Diaz...ugly AND can't act her way out of a phone booth

Kevin Costner...although, does anyone really think he's good anymore anyway?

Ben Affleck... the worst, period. I've seen more convincing implants on Anna Nicole.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Come on! Bill Pullman! His job as President in Independence Day was legendary! And come on, Spaceballs! You can't diss the lead actor in Spaceballs!
BP is not that bad. There are many who are much worse.

Cochise
12-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Brad Pitt...good thing he's pretty

Cameron Diaz...ugly

And you wonder why we all wonder about you.

:thailor:

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 02:31 PM
UNDER-rated...

Oliver Platt...can do anything

Sam Neil... ditto

Ed Harris...ditto

Kiefer Sutherland...ditto

The Rick
12-07-2004, 02:32 PM
i know who is underated Don Cheadle
I agree... :thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 02:32 PM
And you wonder why we all wonder about you.

:thailor:
Cameron Diaz looks like she's been punched in the face repeatedly. She reminds me of a pug dog.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Uh yeah, good luck with that.

Tom hanks is a system actor, thats the only reason he is good. Hell if I got to act with the people he acts with i would have racked up 2 oscars by now.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Another OVER-rated...How could I forget Samuel L. Jackson...

Raiders

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:35 PM
overated ashley judd

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
overated ashley judd
Rate that sh!t right onto my lap. :thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
I love Ashley Judd.... but I agree... not a superior actress... That's reminds me though....

MORGAN FREEMAN = excellent.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Another OVER-rated...How could I forget Samuel L. Jackson...

Raiders
Now that's just plain stupid.

Lzen
Are you kidding?
Great in True Romance
Great in Fight Club
Great in Snatch.

Brad Pitt was great in Fight Club.
He was also good in Seven. Never saw the other ones you mentioned.

I thought he was good in Good Will Hunting. Also, have you seen one hour photo? Pretty different role for him but he had me convinced that he was a whacko. Kinda makes you think when you take your film in to be developed now. :eek:

JazzzLovr
Kiefer Sutherland...ditto

I started renting episodes of "24" from NetFlix a few months ago. I was hooked before the end of the first episode.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Now that's just plain stupid.
He's a wannbe tough guy who just like Nicholson, has never played more than one character over and over and over and........

JazzzLovr
12-07-2004, 02:39 PM
I thought he was good in Good Will Hunting. Also, have you seen one hour photo? Pretty different role for him but he had me convinced that he was a whacko. Kinda makes you think when you take your film in to be developed now. :eek:

I nearly forgot I was watching Robin Williams when I saw One Hour Photo. Yikes.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 02:40 PM
I started renting episodes of "24" from NetFlix a few months ago. I was hooked before the end of the first episode.
Kiefer can kick ass as a tough guy in movies like The Lost Boys and Stand By Me....then be a convincing nice-guy weakling in Heartland. He's the man.

Lzen
Speaking of Samuel Jackson. Talk about some cheese in the movie, Shaft. Oh wait, that was for another thread.

Saulbadguy
Jennifer Anniston. She plays the exact same character in every movie. She has no range.

Frankie

I'm not a Pitt fan either, and don't see what the big deal is. I don't think he's even good looking. Evidently ladies do. :shrug:

Another actor that fits the above comment is Leonardo Di Caprio. WTF IS THE BIG DEAL WITH THESE GUYS?!

That said, despite my earlier reservations about Brad Pitt cast as Achilles, I thought he did a pretty credible job in Troy.

Demonpenz
Phillip seymore hoffman is great in all the movies he is in.

Saulbadguy
12-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Brad Pitt=great in fight club, and 12 monkeys

Leonardo DiCaprio=awesome in "Catch me if you can"

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Brad Pitt was great in Fight Club.
He was also good in Seven. Never saw the other ones you mentioned.

If you liked Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, or maybe even if you liked Trainspotting, you'll like Snatch. Same cockney, lower class, broad humor with inscrutible accents.
If you liked Pulp Fiction, and like Christian Slater, Christopher Walken, Patricia Arquette [at her hottest], Dennis Hopper and James Gandolfini, I'd say run, don't walk, to pick up True Romance. Tarantino written and Tony Scott directed.

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 02:43 PM
Tom hanks is a system actor, thats the only reason he is good. Hell if I got to act with the people he acts with i would have racked up 2 oscars by now.

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/103000/103232/CastAway_wilson.jpg

Wilson carried Cast Away.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Did you see Love Liza? Whattafuggin messed up movie. Dude's wife commits suicide and leaves a note. PSH can't open the envelope and spends his days huffing gasoline instead.

JazzzLovr
12-07-2004, 02:44 PM

ROFL

MOhillbilly
12-07-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm not a Pitt fan either, and don't see what the big deal is. I don't think he's even good looking. Evidently ladies do. :shrug:

Holyhell did we just agree on something?
Yeah my girl grins like a goofy teenager anytime we watch a BP movie. Some would say this is why i dislike him,but i thought he sucked long before i hooked up w/ this one.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Nobody from Glengarry Glen Ross deserves to be in this thread.

Damn :banghead: I have to agree with you. What a strong acting clinic GGR was... :thumb: :thumb: ... Wow.

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Jennifer Anniston. She plays the exact same character in every movie. She has no range.
Very true.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:47 PM

ROFL

I didn't mean what i said about tom hanks, i just got jason white and tom hanks mixed up

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Agreed.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:48 PM
I saw love lisa, that was strange, but the remote control vehicals were cool.

Soupnazi
12-07-2004, 02:49 PM
overated ashley judd

You're high.

Demonpenz
Whoa i was going to say reece whitherspoon, but she was great in election

jspchief

Another actor that fits the above comment is Leonardo Di Caprio. WTF IS THE BIG DEAL WITH THESE GUYS?!

That said, despite my earlier reservations about Brad Pitt cast as Achilles, I thought he did a pretty credible job in Troy.
You say you don't like Pitt, but you then you give Troy as an example of his good stuff? Either you haven't seen much of Pitt's work, or you've completely disqualified yourself as having an intelligent opinion in this thread. That probably ranks in the bottom 2 or 3 of his acting performances, barely above Thelma and Louise.

If you want to see his good stuff follow the other recommendations. I'd also add 'A River Runs Through It' to the list.

The thing is, most guys are probably twice as critical of him because he is a pretty face. I know I was. The fact that he got beyond that is proof enough for me that he's a good actor.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:51 PM
You're high.

Ashley Judd sucks. In every movie someone is stalking her or trying to kill her. In every movie she tries to pull of "Kiss the girls"

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Polly shore was excellent in son in law

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:52 PM
You say you don't like Pitt, but you then you give Troy as an example of his good stuff? Either you haven't seen much of Pitt's work, or you've completely disqualified yourself as having an intelligent opinion in this thread. That probably ranks in the bottom 2 or 3 of his acting performances, barely above Thelma and Louise.

If you want to see his good stuff follow the other recommendations.I'd also add 'A River Runs Through It' to the list.

The thing is, most guys are probably twice as critical of him because he is a pretty face. I know I was. The fact that he got beyond that is proof enough for me that he's a good actor.
That reminds me. What was that movie with Aiden Quinn and Sir Hannibal Lecter? They owned a ranch, and it was set, I think, around WWI.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Holyhell did we just agree on something?
Disagreeing with civility makes agreeing a hell of a lot more meaningful. I have had no problem with somebody disagreeing with me. I don't mind friendly or at least civil put-downs either. It's the extra stuff that I disapprove of.

Peace...

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Ashley Judd sucks. In every movie someone is stalking her or trying to kill her. In every movie she tries to pull of "Kiss the girls"

But when she did that cheerleader kick in her black panties in that movie with wolverine, all previous miscues were instantly erased from my mind. ;)

jspchief
12-07-2004, 02:54 PM
That reminds me. What was that movie with Aiden Quinn and Sir Hannibal Lecter? They owned a ranch, and it was set, I think, around WWI.

Legends of the Fall.

Another good performance from Pitt, although not a very demanding one. He could pull it off simply by being cool and pretty.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 02:54 PM
You say you don't like Pitt, but you then you give Troy as an example of his good stuff? Either you haven't seen much of Pitt's work, or you've completely disqualified yourself as having an intelligent opinion in this thread.

What part of "That said" didn't you understand in my post?

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:55 PM
But when she did that cheerleader kick in her black panties in that movie with wolverine, all previous miscues were instantly erased from my mind. ;)

Oh man, but she lets dick vitale kiss her at every kentucy game MINUS POINTS. Now if she kicked vitale while vitale was wearing back panties... Wait that came out wrong

jspchief

F*ckin A. I couldn't begin to tell you anything about that movie, but that scene is seared into my brain.

Demonpenz

I am glad to see you refer to him as wolverine, stupid n00bs keep saying
When Ashley judd was in the movie with van helsing

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 02:57 PM
I got another underated one. Brian cox, i watched both the "bourne's" yesterday he was good in it. I liked him in Xmen 2 and everything else he is in. Including manhunter

kc rush
12-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Keanu Reeves.

Ugh. I refuse to watch any movie that this dried up turd is in.

People keep telling me he isn't so bad in the Matrix, but I just can't bring myself watch it.

irishjayhawk
12-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah. I love him in Oceans 11 Soon to be Oceans 12

jspchief
What part of "That said" didn't you understand in my post?

I understood completely. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

It's the equivalent of saying that you don't like the Beatles, but Yellow Submarine was a pretty good song. It's far from their best stuff.

If you consider that one of his better performances, you haven't seen much, or you have f*cked up criteria for good actors.

Frankie
If you want to see his good stuff follow the other recommendations. I'd also add 'A River Runs Through It' to the list.

I do admit to not liking him more for the way he is marketed over his acting abilities. He is not a bad actor. Just not a consistantly good one.

Frankie
12-07-2004, 03:06 PM
I understood completely. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

It's the equivalent of saying that you don't like the Beatles, but Yellow Submarine was a pretty good song. It's far from their best stuff.

If you consider that one of his better performances, you haven't seen much, or you have f*cked up criteria for good actors.

I re-read your post to reply to the second part. I did misunderstand your first point. My apologies. His portrayal of Achilles, while not classic, was a welcome surprise when I saw Troy. I guess I did go to see that picture with low expectations of BP as Achilles. I have read "The Iliad" in two languages and my mental picture of Achilles was quite different than Brad Pitt. He sold me his Achilles though. I take that as good acting.

Logical
12-07-2004, 03:08 PM

Rip on his acting all you want. but you are speaking heresy when you rip on his comedy, easily the funniest comedian in my lifetime.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Rip on his acting all you want. but you are speaking heresy when you rip on his comedy, easily the funniest comedian in my lifetime.
Did you see his last HBO special, when he demonstrates what 'taking care of her needs' looks like to her?

That has to be the funniest visual in the history of stand-up specials.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 03:10 PM
I re-read your post to reply to the second part. I did misunderstand your first point. My apologies. His portrayal of Achilles, while not classic, was a welcome surprise when I saw Troy. I guess I did go to see that picture with low expectations of BP as Achilles. I have read "The Iliad" in two languages and my mental picture of Achilles was quite different than Brad Pitt. He sold me his Achilles though. I take that as good acting.

I don't personally fault Pitt for the quality of his performance in Troy. I thought the movie was horribly directed. So many of the shots played solely on Pitts looks. It's like they wanted to make their "epic" longer by including drawn out slo-mo shots of Pitt's hair in the wind. He just wasn't given an opportunity to act. That movie had a ton of potential, and still contained some excellent parts, but overall left me wondering what it could have really been with better direction and cinematography.

vailpass
12-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Are you kidding?
Great in True Romance
Great in Fight Club
Great in Snatch.

Great in Kalifornia too.

Molitoth
12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
-Ben Affleck is way overrated now days, but his role was fvucking awesome in "The Boiler Room" and "Dazed and Confused".

-I have never seen a bad Brad Pitt role, or acting. And I havn't seen "Troy" yet, nor "Mexico".

-I don't think anyone could've fit the role of Neo better then Keanu, although the rest of his movies have sucked.

-True Romance is awesome.

-Samuel L. Jackson sucks in Pulp Fiction? WTF are you smoking?

-Kevin Spacey a bad actor? morons.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:18 PM
-Kevin Spacey a bad actor? morons.
Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Hey, I think I saw you on Jeopardy the other day.

Logical
12-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Did you see his last HBO special, when he demonstrates what 'taking care of her needs' looks like to her?

That has to be the funniest visual in the history of stand-up specials.:thumb:

jspchief
12-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Personally, I didn't mind Affleck until he amputated his own balls with his career moves. He was tolerable in some early stuff, but then tried to become the American Hugh Grant, instantly ruining any chance of being respected by the male population. As if his career suicide wasn't rolling along fast enough anyway, he then proceeded to morph into Bennifer. The only thing worse than a strong-willed woman walking all over men are the eunuchs that allow her to do it.

Amnorix
12-07-2004, 03:22 PM
IMHO:

Excellent and generally acknowledged as being so (i.e. not overrated):

Tom Hanks
Robin Williams
Anthony Hopkins
Gary Oldman
Jack Nicholson
Matt Damon
Johnny Depp
Julia Roberts (hey, I like her, so kill me)
Lucy Liu
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Sean Connery
Nicholas Cage
Harrison Ford
Diane Keaton
Nicole Kidman

Unbelievably overrated:

1. Cameron Diaz -- she is just NOT incredibly hot (by Hollywood standards, anyway)

2. Ben Affleck

3. Kevin Costner (most overrated actor EVER)

4. Keanu Reeves (oh, wait, THIS guy is the most overrated actor ever)

5. Drew Barrymore (not pretty, not cute, doesn't act well -- other than that, she's terrific)

6. Al Pacino. Been riding the same great films for 20 years. And, oh yeah, he wasn't exactly the best actor in the Godfather trilogy...

7. Meryl Streep (zzzzz)

8. Kim Basinger (hot when young, but could never act)

9. Jamie Lee Curtis (show my boobs and get roles cuz I can't act)

Molitoth
12-07-2004, 03:22 PM

And they everything to do with movies such as....

-Seven
-KPax
-The Negotiator
-American Beauty

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 03:23 PM
I hate to say this because I like his movies, but Harrison Ford tends to play the same character over and over, just with different guns. I'm not sure he's a great actor so much as he is a great character.

vailpass
12-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Val Kilmer played the best Doc Holiday I have ever seen.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 03:25 PM
IMHO:

6. Al Pacino. Been riding the same great films for 20 years. And, oh yeah, he wasn't exactly the best actor in the Godfather trilogy...

I was going to say this, but my flame-proof suit is at the cleaners.

He has moments in a lot of movies, but overall he's way too over the top.

BTW, the most overated scene might be the one with him and DeNiro in Heat.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Ahem!!!

Did you NOT READ the Glengarry rule?

Also, Heat was a great role. The Insider, Donnie Brasco, Carlito's Way, even Frankie and Johnnie. And I didn't have to pull up his great, but not as great as the sycophants say, role in Scent of a Woman. Heck he even provided a bright spot as Cohn in the otherwise smarmy Angels in America.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I hate to say this because I like his movies, but Harrison Ford tends to play the same character over and over, just with different guns. I'm not sure he's a great actor so much as he is a great character.

I hate to break this to you, but he is playing the same character...Jack Ryan, a Tom Clancy character.

Molitoth
IMHO:

Unbelievably overrated:

[quote]6. Al Pacino. Been riding the same great films for 20 years. And, oh yeah, he wasn't exactly the best actor in the Godfather trilogy...

So i suppose Babe Ruth is over-rated because hes been riding the same home runs for the past century.

9. Jamie Lee Curtis (show my boobs and get roles cuz I can't act)

How is she over-rated? She stars in a damn cellular phone commercial, she has no career, she has no more movie roles... she was in True Lies, and did a decent job. Not like shes a huge superstar now.

Demonpenz
han solo and indiana jones are the same character pretty much

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:28 PM
When you are THE LEAD in what at one time was 6 of the top ten grossing films of all time, you get cut a little slack. Gotta admit, he had a hell of a run.

Not to mention a bit part in the greatest movie ever.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:30 PM
How is she over-rated? She stars in a damn cellular phone commercial, she has no career, she has no more movie roles... she was in True Lies, and did a decent job. Not like shes a huge superstar now.
OTOH, her hubby is a frikken genious.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 03:30 PM

Apocalypse Now?

Molitoth
12-07-2004, 03:31 PM
Apocalypse Now?

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Apocalypse Now?
[insert Molitoth's smilies, here]

David.
12-07-2004, 03:32 PM
worst "big name actor" Colin Farrell. I HATE that guy.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 03:33 PM
i don't remember harrison ford in citizen kane

gblowfish
Richard Gere bugs me. My wife thinks he's hot. I keep wondering how he remembers his lines with that gerbil up his....uh...never mind.

There's no actresses that really bug me, but one of my friends really really really HATES Shelley Long. Not sure why, but he says if he ever meets her "Boom Boom Out Go The Lights!!"

He has anger management issues.

Rain Man
When you are THE LEAD in what at one time was 6 of the top ten grossing films of all time, you get cut a little slack. Gotta admit, he had a hell of a run.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

Big-selling movies. Bah. Now Luke Skywalker, there was an actor.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 03:35 PM
The thing you have to remember about Ford is that a large part of his young career was playing the same character (actually two, Solo and Jones). By the time he had shot all of those movies, he had reached an age where he was only suitable for certain types of roles. It was also in a decade where a ton of those "Tom Clancy type movies" were being made.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Richard Gere bugs me. My wife thinks he's hot. I keep wondering how he remembers his lines with that gerbil up his....uh...never mind.

There's no actresses that really bug me, but one of my friends really really really HATES Shelley Long. Not sure why, but he says if he ever meets her "Boom Boom Out Go The Lights!!"

I'd probably hate Gere with a red hot passion, had he not played Mayo early on.

Color me the same for Shirley McLaine's little brother, save his role in Bonnie and Clyde.

That "the President gets jungle fever" movie is an affront to all that is good and holy in life.

Molitoth
12-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Richard Gere

reminds me of Edward Nortons greatest flick, "Primal Fear"

Eh, its up there with American History X.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 03:37 PM
reminds me of Edward Nortons greatest flick, "Primal Fear"

Eh, its up there with American History X.

Ed Norton might be the most under-rated actor right now. I think he's awesome in just about everything he does.

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 03:38 PM
That "the President gets jungle fever" movie is an affront to all that is good and holy in life.

Aw, c'mon... he's got some serious rhymin' skillz. ROFL

Molitoth
12-07-2004, 03:38 PM
yes, he is.

Awesome that is...

I wouldnt say hes under rated though, he has a lot of fans out there, and a ton of big budget films.

JazzzLovr
12-07-2004, 03:39 PM

Hey, she's making a comeback! She's starring opposite Tim Allen in "Christmas with the Kranks" based on a John Grisham novel. She'll be nominated for an Oscar next year for sure!

:p

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Ed Norton might be the most under-rated actor right now. I think he's awesome in just about everything he does.
Well, those who have listed Norton, Hoffman, and Cox as most underrated need to get 25th Hour.

Molitoth
12-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Well, those who have listed Norton, Hoffman, and Cox as most underrated need to get 25th Hour.

that movie was deffintly his worst role IMO, thought the movie wasn't the best. The part where he looked himself in the mirror saying **** this and that was cool.

I should prolly watch it again.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 03:41 PM
25th hour was alright untill that blabble about F*ck this and that for 15 minutes

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Worst parade in the city!

Demonpenz
I don't think eli manning is a good actor

Jenson71
Jack Nicholson...playing the same charactor with the same speech pattern in every movie CAN make you a legend. I know some will say he was different in "Anger Management" and that stupid movie with Helen Hunt... "As Good As It Gets...?".... but no he wasn't. He was just slower than usual in one and faster than usual in the other.

Oh my god. You're a moron. Okay, how bout we base an arguement on one of the greatest actors using a supporting role in a comedy/Sandler flick?

:shake:

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Oh my god. You're a moron. Okay, how bout we base an arguement on one of the greatest actors using a supporting role in a comedy/Sandler flick?

I heard..HEARD the only movie that Jack doesn't play "Jack" is in that movie where kathy bates gets nekkid

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:45 PM
25th hour was alright untill that blabble about F*ck this and that for 15 minutes
Loved that scene, because it all came back to "no, fvck me." It took Spike from the externalized rage of DTRT to the realization that, sometimes it comes down to taking responsibility for your own actions, and better yet, it wasn't his writing. It came word for word from the book.
And the character PSH plays in that movie is my favorite of all of his. You could loath him, pity him, identify with him and want to stop him all at the same time.
Color me as someone loving that movie, after being disapppointed by a rash of Spike joints.

Jenson71
12-07-2004, 03:45 PM
You watch Five Easy Pieces, Chinatown, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and About Schmidt for starters and then tell me that Jack Nicholson is overrated.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 03:46 PM
I heard..HEARD the only movie that Jack doesn't play "Jack" is in that movie where kathy bates gets nekkid

That movie robbed me of a piece of my soul, then kicked my spirit in the nuts.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:46 PM

Count me as giving beer me too much credit. I read that as "About Schmidt,' not 'Anger Managment.'

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Ed McCaffrey was sure a bad actor, though I'll admit that he had me going for a minute on that whole "Oh, look! I broke my leg!" routine.

Jenson71
12-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Count me as giving beer me too much credit. I read that as "About Schmidt,' not 'Anger Managment.'

In that case...he's still a moron, but he would have a credible arguement...

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 03:49 PM
i would like to take out to say how much i would really like to have sex with anna paquin, but only if dresses up in her x men getup

svuba
12-07-2004, 03:50 PM

Amen to that Richard Gere is the biggest Tool in Hollywood. Richard Gere is Brad Pitt minus intelligence, humor, and acting ability. - - If you want a prettyboy to hate THIS is your fag.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 03:50 PM
you eyeballin me boy!

BucsGirl
12-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Jean Claude Van Damme and Melanie Griffethens
and have you seen her lips lately I think she got hit by a mack truck
:banghead:

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Jean Claude Van Damme and Melanie Griffethens
and have you seen her lips lately I think she got hit by a mack truck
:banghead:
Everyone associated with Bonfire of the Vanities starts out in a huge hole, Tom Hanks included.

David.
12-07-2004, 03:52 PM
also overrated

Jamie Foxx
Adam Sandler
Jennifer Garner
Tara Reid (just..not that hot)
Sean Penn
Will Smith
Vin Diesel

Underrated

Ice Cube
Bill Murray (this guy is golden)
Wesley Snipes(only because Blade is awesome :) )

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 03:53 PM
David.'s overrated list is funny.

Baby Lee
To Wong Fu sucked more penis that even it's name would suggest.

When it comes to underrated action stars, Damon as Bourne tops my list.

JazzzLovr
also overrated

Jamie Foxx

I'd like to go see "Ray," but I just haven't had time yet. I heard he was very good in that role.

David.
12-07-2004, 03:54 PM
David.'s overrated list is funny.

okay, they're not big actors, I just hate those ****ers :)

ENDelt260
12-07-2004, 03:55 PM
okay, they're not big actors, I just hate those ****ers :)
I thought maybe you just held a reeeeaally low opinion of Vin Diesel...

"I know everyone talks shit on him... but, they're too nice! Overrated!"

David.
12-07-2004, 03:55 PM
To Wong Fu sucked more penis that even it's name would suggest.

When it comes to underrated action stars, Damon as Bourne tops my list.

never heard of To Wong Fu.....

but Damon is one of my favorites.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 03:58 PM

but Damon is one of my favorites.
Picture, Snipes, Swayze, and that azztard, John Leguizamo as drag queens on a madcap romp across the American southwest.

JazzzLovr
12-07-2004, 03:58 PM

I haven't seen it, not planning on it either, but here you go:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114682/

David.
12-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Picture, Snipes, Swayze, and that azztard, John Leguizamo as drag queens on a madcap romp across the American southwest.

eek. Leguizamo has never done a film that I could stand. EXCEPT,

Ice Age :)

jspchief
Sean Penn is over-rated? Wow. I think he's pretty damn good. I won't even address the fact that you said it in the same post where you called Wesley Snipes under-rated...

Jenson71
Here's who I think is overrated...

(not an any order)

Ed Norton/Brad Pitt
Tom Cruise
Halle Berry
Dustin Hoffman

David Lynch
Steven Speilberg
Brian De Palma
George Lucas

Frankie
12-07-2004, 04:01 PM
I don't personally fault Pitt for the quality of his performance in Troy. I thought the movie was horribly directed. So many of the shots played solely on Pitts looks. It's like they wanted to make their "epic" longer by including drawn out slo-mo shots of Pitt's hair in the wind. He just wasn't given an opportunity to act. That movie had a ton of potential, and still contained some excellent parts, but overall left me wondering what it could have really been with better direction and cinematography.

The Trojan war lasted ten years. They had to convert it to a 10 week (at the most) war. So a lot of creative licensing was done there. But I agree, they made it more about Achilles (Pitt) and sacrificed a lot of good stuff. To that end, they did spen a lot of time emphasizing "drawn out slo-mo shots of Pitt's hair in the wind." And yes, it did do the story a dis-service. (I thought the idea of presenting it in human terms and removing "The Gods" was a fresh one that I ironically liked).

Frankie
12-07-2004, 04:03 PM

(not an any order)

Ed Norton/Brad Pitt
Tom Cruise
Halle Berry
Dustin Hoffman

David Lynch
Steven Speilberg
Brian De Palma
George Lucas

Ed Norton? Dustin Hoffman? Bit your toungue! (Or your typing finger)

Frankie
12-07-2004, 04:05 PM
also overrated

Jamie Foxx
Adam Sandler
Jennifer Garner
Sean Penn
Will Smith
Vin Diesel

Underrated

Ice Cube

Is this guy for real?! ;)

David.
12-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Sean Penn is over-rated? Wow. I think he's pretty damn good. I won't even address the fact that you said it in the same post where you called Wesley Snipes under-rated...

I was joking about Snipes, I'm just pumped that Blade 3 is coming out soon. I can't stand Penn

21 Grams - Pretentious Piece of Crap, I hated it.
I am Sam - Obviously, this role came naturally to him.
Mystic River - Most overrated movie ever. 2 hours of Sean Penn saying "I'm gonna kill the man who killed my daughter" Overacting, worthless subplots, etc. Terrible.

And that's just his BIG movies

Check out some of his other flicks like Up at the Villa. The guy is crap.

David.
12-07-2004, 04:09 PM

(not an any order)

Ed Norton/Brad Pitt
Tom Cruise
Halle Berry
Dustin Hoffman

David Lynch
Steven Speilberg
Brian De Palma
George Lucas

The fact that Ed Norton and David Lynch made your overrated list kills it for me. Of course, you ARE a woodie allen fan :)

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 04:10 PM
also overrated

Jamie Foxx
Adam Sandler
Jennifer Garner
Sean Penn
Will Smith
Vin Diesel

Underrated

Ice Cube

I have a lot of issues with your list, but I am only going to address this one for the time being....

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 04:11 PM
I was joking about Snipes, I'm just pumped that Blade 3 is coming out soon. I can't stand Penn

Mystic River - Most overrated movie ever. 2 hours of Sean Penn saying "I'm gonna kill the man who killed my daughter" Overacting, worthless subplots, etc. Terrible.

Don't forget Thin Red Line.

bogie
12-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Richard Gere sucked in Chicago. He ruined the movie for me. On the otherhand the guy that sang Mr. Cellophane (sp) don't know his name, is an excellent actor.

David.
I have a lot of issues with your list, but I am only going to address this one for the time being....

I don't see what the deal is with her. She's AVERAGE. I'd definitely bang her, but for Hollywood standards, she boring........plus she has scarred up nipples.

jspchief

I disagree on Mystic River. What about Bad Boys, Taps, Dead Man Walking, and Fast Times?

David.
12-07-2004, 04:13 PM

oh god I had that crap blocked from my memory.

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 04:13 PM

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with David.. She has a face like a big square pumpkin.

Jenson71
12-07-2004, 04:14 PM

What about it?

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 04:14 PM
I don't see what the deal is with her. She's AVERAGE. I'd definitely bang her, but for Hollywood standards, she boring........plus she has scarred up nipples.

Huh?

Jenson71
12-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Again I say no way should Penn have won the oscar for Mystic River

He was good in Casualties of War though....Brian De Palma hmm

David.
I disagree on Mystic River. What about Bad Boys, Taps, Dead Man Walking, and Fast Times?

Never seen Bad Boys, Taps, or Dead Man Walking. But Fast Times? Hardly even the same actor.

Raiderhader

I don't know what to say. Wow.

David.
12-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Huh?

did I never post her latest OOPS moment? She's apparently gotten some work done on her top shelf, and whoever her doctor was cut her up pretty bad. It's pretty gross.

David.
12-07-2004, 04:17 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with David.. She has a face like a big square pumpkin.

HEY! >=(

ROFL

Raiderhader

Is there more than one movie entitled Bad Boys or something?

jspchief
Again I say no way should Penn have won the oscar for Mystic River

He was good in Casualties of War though....Brian De Palma hmm

Who should have won it?

Jenson71
12-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Who should have won it?

Murray, of course.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 04:18 PM

Haha. Yes. Penn Was in a movie made in the early eighties titled 'Bad Boys'. It was a about him going to prison as a kid. It's a pretty good movie, definately worth checking out.

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 04:19 PM
What about it?

It sucked, and so did Penn.

Oh, here is another Penn classic: U-Turn. That is a quality film....

Baby Lee
Gotta agree. Even on screen, she LOOKS like her mouth tastes like an ashtray.
I think the old folks call it, 'rode hard and put up wet.'

David.
here's the link to Tara's Slip up

NSFW

http://www.usenetbinaries.com/groups/alt.binaries.pictures.celebrities.portraits.large/2004/11/06/h/4.html

Baby Lee
Yes, the earlier one was with Penn as a teen in a juvie center.

Raiderhader

Well, to each their own I guess.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Murray, of course.

I just didn't see it. I thought that movie was pretty over-rated.

David.
Murray, of course.

Definitely that was terrible that he had that stolen from him.

Jenson71
It sucked, and so did Penn.

Huh...I have an idea...

ENDelt260
Glad I wasn't the only one...

Rain Man
did I never post her latest OOPS moment? She's apparently gotten some work done on her top shelf, and whoever her doctor was cut her up pretty bad. It's pretty gross.

Well, that's too bad. She has a face like a big square pumpkin, but she had breasts like smallish round pumpkins. Now it's ruined for me.

Molitoth
Actually Wesley Snipes has had some good flicks imo. nothing spectacular but deffintly entertaining.

-US Marshalls
-Blade
-Murder at 1600
-Demolition Man (I thought he was hilarious)
-Passenger 57
-White Men Can't Jump
-Major League
-Rising Sun
-Drop Zone (Loved it)

Dunno WTF was up with that To Wong foo sh*t, i know i never watched it.

David.
12-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Well, that's too bad. She has a face like a big square pumpkin, but she had breasts like smallish round pumpkins. Now it's ruined for me.

exactly

Jenson71
Huh...I have an idea...

Wait cancel that idea....

The Thin Red Line was really good. Too long for ya?

bogie
Sandra Bullock sucks!

David.
12-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Sandra Bullock sucks!

at least SHE'S hot.

Molitoth
The Net was good.

ENDelt260
The Net was good.
B&

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 04:23 PM
here's the link to Tara's Slip up
I think someone needs a sunburst from the Janet Jackson SB Collection.

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 04:25 PM

The length merely accentuated the suckage and pointlessness of the film.

AZORChiefFan
12-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Kiefer Sutherland usually bugs the every livin crap outta me but I give him props for his portrayal of Bob Wolverton opposite Reese Witherspoon in 'Freeway'.

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 04:26 PM

Where's Gaz to bring the hammer DOWN????!!!!

jspchief
12-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Kiefer Sutherland usually bugs the every livin crap outta me but I give him props for his portrayal of Bob Wolverton opposite Reese Witherspoon in 'Freeway'.

Wow. I thought I might be the only person who saw that movie. Was Reese to young at that time for me to be thinking the thoughts I was thinking?

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 04:27 PM

I don't have any problems with Kiefer. he's not his dad, but he's not bad.

Jenson71
12-07-2004, 04:28 PM
The length merely accentuated the suckage and pointlessness of the film.

Pointless? It was about the emotions one has in war...although in a poetic thought form...

I thought that movie was spectacular. Sure, it wasn't all bang bang, but the battle scenes that were done were great. Either way, they were basically a side point to the emotions...

Have you ever seen The Deer Hunter?

David.
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
I'd say Nick Cage was overrated, but I loved Adaption, The Rock was fun too.

Raiderhader
Pointless? It was about the emotions one has in war...although in a poetic thought form...

I thought that movie was spectacular. Sure, it wasn't all bang bang, but the battle scenes that were done were great. Either way, they were basically a side point to the emotions...

The lack of "bang bang" is not the issue. The issue is that it sucks. Hell, I was confused by it with the way it started out, and then it just continued to go down hill.

Yes. Not a bad film, but not one of my favorites by any means.

Rain Man

I honestly think that you are the only person in the world who liked that movie. They must've been putting hallucinogens in the Jujubes at your theater that day.

David.
12-07-2004, 04:34 PM
OH and another one, What about Meryl Streep? I hear "one of the greatest actresses of all time" constantly, but I can't think of any movies I've seen with her, where she blew me away.

Jenson71
12-07-2004, 04:35 PM
The lack of "bang bang" is not the issue. The issue is that it sucks. Hell, I was confused by it with the way it started out, and then it just continued to go down hill.

The guy was AWOL...on a pacific island chillin...

Then he goes to fight the Battle of Guadalcanal, with a bunch of other people...

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Thin red line is easily one of my top 5 picks. Great movie, surprised it didn't win more awards. I am glad it is being required viewing at most high schools how :Thumbs UP:

Jenson71
I honestly think that you are the only person in the world who liked that movie. They must've been putting hallucinogens in the Jujubes at your theater that day.

Based on some people's highly trusted recommendation, I bought it.

Baby Lee
OH and another one, What about Meryl Streep? I hear "one of the greatest actresses of all time" constantly, but I can't think of any movies I've seen with her, where she blew me away.
That's kind of the point. People earlier knocked on Jack and Al for being caricatures. Meryl is just the embodiment of whatever she's asked to do, without chewing scenery.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 04:37 PM

Her movies definately don't fit into the types of movies I like.

Who do you consider better actresses?

Miles

Probably has a lot to do with not liking the types of movies she is in. I havent seen many of them for that reason. Though she was good in The Deer Hunter.

Jenson71
Thin red line is easily one of my top 5 picks. Great movie, surprised it didn't win more awards. I am glad it is being required viewing at most high schools how :Thumbs UP:

:thumb:

Have you read the novel?

bogie
at least SHE'S hot.

I thought so in the beginning, But her bubbliness eventually wore thin with me. I'd do her, but I'd have to knock her first.

Raiderhader
12-07-2004, 04:38 PM
The guy was AWOL...on a pacific island chillin...

Then he goes to fight the Battle of Guadalcanal, with a bunch of other people...

I do not ever recall them explaining that. What I remember is him being in paradise one moment and the next on a battle field. I was never sure if the battle was in his past or in the present. I was completely baffled by that.

It sucked, pure and simple.

bogie
I thought so in the beginning, But her bubbliness eventually wore thin with me. I'd do her, but I'd have to knock her first.

out, I'd have to knock her out

Miles

Sorry Jenson i thought that movie suck big time.

Jenson71
12-07-2004, 04:39 PM
The only Streep movies I've seen are her three early ones: Deer Hunter, Manhattan, and Kramer vs. Kramer. She didn't play big roles in any of those, but when she did, I thought she was especially really good. I have seen that scene from Sophies Choice where she has to choose which kid she wants to keep. The scene is tough to watch...

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 04:39 PM
:thumb:

Have you read the novel?

sadly i can't read

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Based on some people's highly trusted recommendation, I bought it.

Run! Your mom is putting hallucinogens in your Lunchables!

David.
That's kind of the point. People earlier knocked on Jack and Al for being caricatures. Meryl is just the embodiment of whatever she's asked to do, without chewing scenery.

I guess, so. I really haven't seen a ton of her movies.

Jenson71
I do not ever recall them explaining that. What I remember is him being in paradise one moment and the next on a battle field. I was never sure if the battle was in his past or in the present. I was completely baffled by that.

It sucked, pure and simple.

Sean Penn explains it in the very next scene, on the ship...

Raiderhader
Gotta run, catch up with ya'll later.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 04:41 PM
sally field sucks

ENDelt260
sally field sucks
You sayin' you don't like her? You don't really like her?

Baby Lee
I guess, so. I really haven't seen a ton of her movies.
I'd say she's the female analog to Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Demonpenz
The thin red line is a movie along the lines of braveheart and lost in translation. You either love them or you really really hate them.

Jenson71
Sorry Jenson i thought that movie suck big time.

:D Wow, I think that's a first for us...

David.
12-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Her movies definately don't fit into the types of movies I like.

Who do you consider better actresses?

yeah I was reading her profile on IMDB and I've seen maybe....3 of her movies.

Miles
sally field sucks

She may be the most annoying actress of all time.

Rain Man
Sean Penn explains it in the very next scene, on the ship...

I was bored by then, and using a ballpoint pen to clean wax out of my ear.

Demonpenz
You sayin' you don't like her? You don't really like her?

15 yard penalty for excessive useless knowledge of award speeches

David.
12-07-2004, 04:43 PM
The thin red line is a movie along the lines of braveheart and lost in translation. You either love them or you really really hate them.

who hated braveheart? I've only heard good things about that one.

Demonpenz
12-07-2004, 04:43 PM
who hated braveheart? I've only heard good things about that one.

man that rock must be nice you live in, checkout Braveheartsucks.org

jspchief
12-07-2004, 04:44 PM
sally field sucks

I'd hit "Smokey & The Bandit" Sally Field.

I'd also hit "Gidget" Sally Field...if she was of age.

David.
12-07-2004, 04:45 PM
man that rock must be nice you live in, checkout Braveheartsucks.org

you bastard

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 04:45 PM

Would you hit "Flying Nun" Sally Field, at the risk of being excommunicated?

Baby Lee
12-07-2004, 04:46 PM

I'd hit ER Sally Field, but only to get to her daughter. :p