PDA

View Full Version : $8.96 and rising!

Hog Farmer
12-07-2004, 03:07 PM
SIRIUS stock. GEEZ, when ever will my bubble burst. :)

Hog Farmer
12-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Excuse me , I meant to say 9.02 and rising.

Spicy McHaggis
12-07-2004, 07:18 PM
I thought that was the new price of a beer at Arrowhead. My bad.

David.
12-07-2004, 07:19 PM
who cares?

CosmicPal
12-07-2004, 07:21 PM
What's your gig? You posted this over the weekend.

jspchief
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
What's your gig? You posted this over the weekend.

I was wondering the same thing. The guy has 22 posts and 20 of them appear to be telling me to buy Sirius stock. I have a hard enough time taking stock-market advice from someone on an internet BB without that person being a complete noob.

CosmicPal
12-07-2004, 07:31 PM
I was wondering the same thing. The guy has 22 posts and 20 of them appear to be telling me to buy Sirius stock. I have a hard enough time taking stock-market advice from someone on an internet BB without that person being a complete noob.

The sad thing is I'M A SIRIUS SUBSCRIBER! And to have this guy doing this is an embarrassment to the product I subscribe to.

Mr. Laz
12-07-2004, 07:45 PM
happens all the time...

buy a stock then go online pimping the stock all over

gives the stock an artificial bubble, guy pimping it makes a quick score and gets out before the "PR bubble" bursts.

the weird thing is why he would be doing his pimping on a football site instead of the more financial ones.

maybe he figures the financial sites already know him to be a "stock troll" and dont take him SIRIUSly. :p

So he decided to go after the noob stock(er)

David.
12-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Siriusly ROFL

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm wondering if he's also umlaut, who appeared at about the same time and also likes Sirius stock.

Thig Lyfe
12-07-2004, 08:03 PM
who cares?

I noticed your rectal polyp has made a comeback.

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 08:38 PM
nah, ümlaüt is Ali Chi3fs who got banned for 3 days for using an ümlaüt for a u in the word ****

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 08:39 PM
sirius owns though, i bought shitloads a few months ago, and have made a ton of cash the past week or so.

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 08:39 PM
nah, ümlaüt is Ali Chi3fs who got banned for 3 days for using an ümlaüt for a u in the word ****

Why would someone not like umlauts? Umlauts are cool. They're very European.

Ari ümlaüt
12-07-2004, 08:40 PM
something about avoiding bad word filters.

Rain Man
12-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Ah. I see. European-looking vulgarities.

Hog Farmer
12-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Sorry to offend you guys. Not trying to pimp the stock, but just sharing my good fortune with the only bulletin board I visit. When I bought the stock, it was predicted to catch up with the xm satellite stock which was at 27.00 at that time . Now xm is at 37.00 last I checked about a week ago. If I were any of you that do not own this stock, I would not get in at this time. Now you may go back to your very interesting topics that I see on the board at this time. STFU

sd4chiefs
12-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Its at 7.25 today. That is almost a 20% drop. :shrug:

beavis
12-08-2004, 11:18 AM
He's obviously pumping this thing, albeit in a weird place.

What an over-valued piece of crap.

Taco John
12-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Nice... I bought 200 shares at $1.35

Brock
12-08-2004, 11:26 AM
He's obviously pumping this thing, albeit in a weird place.

What an over-valued piece of crap.

No kidding. The company is going to lose money over the long haul.

skye22f
12-08-2004, 11:31 AM
No kidding. The company is going to lose money over the long haul.

They're completely overvalued right now.

Don't buy stuff like this in a frenzy, it's too much like people in the 2000 bubble. I'll be looking for the right time to short SIRI, that time might be now. If we get a retracement off this break today I'll be looking to short next time I see volume slow down and we hit some resistance.

This guy isn't pumping it up though, there is way too much volume in this thing for message board tips to move this stock. People pick stocks with low floats and low volume to do that, had a guy come at me hyping ZANE and VMII.OB the other day. Check those to see what I'm talking about, no one wants a piece of that and all it takes is a few buyers to really move those markets.

Ari ümlaüt
12-08-2004, 12:30 PM
i sold 200 of my 300 shares at market start 8.90ish ... and rebought at 6.90 and repurchased 257... now i have 357

beavis
12-08-2004, 12:33 PM
i sold 200 of my 300 shares at market start 8.90ish ... and rebought at 6.90 and repurchased 257... now i have 357
I let someone talk me out of buying when it was in the low 2.00 range. :rolleyes:

2bikemike
12-08-2004, 02:40 PM
In my best MeMe voice

Ooops its falling!

NEW YORK (AP) - The stock of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. fell sharply Wednesday after two Wall Street firms lowered their ratings on the satellite radio provider.

Sirius shares traded at $7.19, down $1.83, or 20 percent, Wednesday afternoon on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

Analysts at both Smith Barney and Bear Stearns said the company's recent flood of positive news had made the stock overly pricey.

Shares of New York-based Sirius hit a 52-week high of $9.43 Tuesday, nearly triple its trading price just two months before. The runup followed the October signing of a five-year, $500 million contract to carry shock-jock Howard Stern.

Stern, who will leave conventional broadcasting at the end of next year after his 15-month contract with Viacom's Infinity Broadcasting expires, paved the way for Sirius to hire former Viacom president Mel Karmazin as chief executive.

On Wednesday, Smith Barney cut its rating to "sell" from "hold" while Bear Stearns downgraded Sirius to "peer perform" from "outperform."

"While we remain bullish on company fundamentals, we believe the recent surge in the stock has taken Sirius to levels which are difficult to justify," Smith Barney analyst Niraj Gupta wrote in a note to investors.

It's "too much, too fast," Gupta said.

Both analysts cited Sirius' 11 percent jump Tuesday as an example of the market's overreaction.

Tuesday's rally came after both Sirius and its rival, industry-leader XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc., announced long-awaited agreements to have their radios installed in new Toyotas. Sirius signed a contract to have its radios installed at a post-production facility, while XM got a factory-install agreement. Factory-installations are cheaper and thus more appealing for car dealerships. Still, Sirius stock jumped 11 percent while XM's rose 2 percent.

At the $9 share price Sirius was trading at Tuesday, the market is valuing the company the way it valued satellite TV provider EchoStar when it had 3 million customers, Robert Peck at Bear Stearns said in his note. Sirius, however, expects to finish the year with 1 million users. At the end of last year, it had just 261,000 subscribers.

Sirius is striving to catch up to subscriber levels at XM, which started up in late 2001, a few months before Sirius, and has 2.5 million subscribers.

Sirius chief financial officer David Frear had no comment regarding the company's stock movement Wednesday but took issue with analysts' take on the Toyota contract.

For the next year at least, Sirius radios installed in Toyota will have a lower price point, he said. Under XM's current dealer-install agreement, an XM radio costs $450 to $490, he said. XM's new factory-install agreement, which is expected to lower the price tag, won't start until 2006. Meanwhile, a Sirius radio with Toyota will cost $299.

By the time XM's factory installation kicks in, "the cost of putting our product into cars _ either at a factory or (postproduction facility) will drop significantly," Frear said.

"At the end of the day, customers will choose based on content. Our content with NFL, with Howard Stern, Eminem, and other programming is clearly superior to XM," he said.

Shares of XM were at $37.81, down 60 cents, or 1.6 percent, Wednesday afternoon on the Nasdaq.

© 2004 AP

Dave Lane
12-08-2004, 03:53 PM
SIRIUS stock. GEEZ, when ever will my bubble burst. :)

Yes.

Dave

2bikemike
12-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Last I saw it was down $2.06

Donger
12-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Last I saw it was down $2.06

Closed at $6.90

ChiTown
12-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Nice... I bought 200 shares at $1.35

Wow. You really got a set on you, dontcha.......$235 ROFL

2bikemike
12-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Closed at $6.90

Wow down $2.53 from its high Tues of $9.43!

HC_Chief
12-08-2004, 04:19 PM
MLI told their clients to sell today.... overvalued.

It has the makings of a solid investment: new CEO who has dramatically increased value in previous communications companies, Howard Stern exclusive, and NFL broadcasts (all of 'em!).

Ari ümlaüt
12-08-2004, 05:16 PM
They are right, at the end of the day... it all comes down to content. When iPod rolls with Sirius, and all these broadcasters roll solely on Satelitte Radio. Soon you can have satellite radio programming over your cell phone.... pure speculation. You get all these artists doing their own shows on subcriber radio... and if you get all the good ones... NFL packaging, we saw what it did for DirectTV. If Sirius is the only one playing that... or the only playing Jim Rome, or the only one playing Limbaugh... think, when the big names start moving SOLELY to satellite programming money will be huge.

content baby. content.

Ari ümlaüt
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
im gonna spend $200 on a stock worth .0025

wish me luck. heh.

Rain Man
12-08-2004, 05:36 PM

wish me luck. heh.

You're screwed.

Hog Farmer
12-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Good job umlaut. Thats what playing the stock is all about. Buy and sell. I'm not selling any. But if it drops below 6.00 I wiil buy more. And yes, all you negative, no fun, jealous people. MY BUBBLE BURSTED. :cuss: But I'm in for the long haul. :p and by the way, i visit this board every day because I live for the Chiefs. My dad used to be good friends with Jerrell Wilson, had a cabin on grand lake together. For those of you that know who he his.

Ari ümlaüt
12-08-2004, 06:49 PM
You're screwed.

yeah, most chiefs fans spend about that alone in parking.

beavis
12-08-2004, 09:07 PM

wish me luck. heh.
IBZT?

Thig Lyfe
12-09-2004, 07:22 AM
http://www.forbes.com/smallbusiness/feeds/ap/2004/12/08/ap1700069.html

Sirius Shares Plunge After Downgrade
12.08.2004, 02:23 PM

The stock of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. fell sharply Wednesday after two Wall Street firms lowered their ratings on the satellite radio provider.

Sirius shares traded at $7.19, down $1.83, or 20 percent, Wednesday morning on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

Analysts at both Smith Barney and Bear Stearns said the company's recent flood of positive news had made the stock overly pricey.

Shares of New York-based Sirius shares hit a 52-week high of $9.43 Tuesday, nearly triple its trading price just two months before, after the October signing of a five-year, $500 million contract to carry shock-jock Howard Stern.

Stern, who will leave conventional broadcasting at the end of next year after his 15-month contract with Viacom's Infinity Broadcasting expires, paved the way for Sirius to hire former Viacom president Mel Karmazin as chief executive.

On Wednesday, Smith Barney cut its rating to "sell" from "hold" while Bear Stearns downgraded Sirius to "peer perform" from "outperform."

"While we remain bullish on company fundamentals, we believe the recent surge in the stock has taken Sirius to levels which are difficult to justify," Smith Barney analyst Niraj Gupta wrote in a note to investors.

It's "too much, too fast," Gupta said.

Both analysts cited Sirius' 11 percent jump Tuesday as an example of the market's overreaction.

Tuesday's rally came after both Sirius and its rival, industry-leader XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc., announced long-awaited agreements to have their radios installed in new Toyotas. Sirius signed a contract to have its radios installed at a post-production facility, while XM got a factory-install agreement. Factory-installations are cheaper and thus more appealing for car dealerships. Still, Sirius stock jumped 11 percent while XM's rose 2 percent.

At the $9 share price Sirius was trading at Tuesday, the market is valuing the company the way it valued satellite TV provider EchoStar when it had 3 million customers, Robert Peck at Bear Stearns said in his note. Sirius, however, expects to finish the year with 1 million users. At the end of last year, it had just 261,000 subscribers.

Sirius is striving to catch up to subscriber levels at XM, which started up in late 2001, a few months before Sirius, and has 2.5 million subscribers.

Sirius chief financial officer David Frear had no comment regarding the company's stock movement Wednesday but took issue with analysts' take on the Toyota contract.

For the next year at least, Sirius radios installed in Toyota will have a lower price point, he said. Under XM's current dealer-install agreement, an XM radio costs $450 to $490, he said. XM's new factory-install agreement, which is expected to lower the price tag, won't start until 2006. Meanwhile, a Sirius radio with Toyota will cost $299.

By the time XM's factory installation kicks in, "the cost of putting our product into cars - either at a factory or (postproduction facility) will drop significantly," Frear said.

"At the end of the day, customers will choose based on content. Our content with NFL, with Howard Stern, Eminem, and other programming is clearly superior to XM," he said.

Shares of XM were at $37.81, down 60 cents, or 1.6 percent, Wednesday on the Nasdaq.

:thumb:

Skip Towne
12-09-2004, 07:30 AM
Good job umlaut. Thats what playing the stock is all about. Buy and sell. I'm not selling any. But if it drops below 6.00 I wiil buy more. And yes, all you negative, no fun, jealous people. MY BUBBLE BURSTED. :cuss: But I'm in for the long haul. :p and by the way, i visit this board every day because I live for the Chiefs. My dad used to be good friends with Jerrell Wilson, had a cabin on grand lake together. For those of you that know who he his.
You talkin' about Thunderfoot?

kc rush
12-10-2004, 10:46 AM
www.nab.org/xert/corpcomm/newsletters/RadioRave/RadioRave121004.asp

Satellite Radio: Smoke, Hype, Churn and Mirrors?

Since launching in the mid-90s, XM and Sirius have collected mountains of debt, and there's no end in sight. Both companies will lose hundreds of millions this year, according to Yankee Group analyst Dominic Ainscough. In the third quarter alone, XM lost a whopping $118 million; Sirius was in the red by $169.4 million (up from $106.7 million in the same period a year ago).

XM -- the larger of the two ventures -- missed its third quarter target of new subscribers by 23,000, which may explain why XM recently went to Wall Street with its hand out for another $300 million as it heads into 2005.

Moreover, four different investment firms have downgraded both Sirius and XM. Banc of America Securities analyst Jonathan Jacoby noted Sirius' "extreme" volatility and Howard Stern's "limited" impact on growth. He advised investors to sell Sirius shares. J P Morgan and Friedman Billings Ramsey both dropped their investment ratings to "neutral" based on the companies' valuation.

This week, Smith Barney advised clients to "sell" Sirius shares rather than "hold" them. The result? Share value fell by more than 25% in the first minutes of trading while XM fell nearly 5%. Earlier this autumn, Sirius bragged that it had snagged both NFL games and shock jock Howard Stern. But The Wall Street Journal put those expensive acquisitions in perspective: "By overpaying for Stern and for ... NFL games, Sirius has started to crush its own windpipe." The piece notes succinctly in a headline: "Overspending on Stern, NFL Plus Too-Optimistic Assumptions Look Like Recipe for a Flameout." Sirius is named for the brightest star in Earth's sky, and it seems appropriate, says The Journal. "Stars burn brightest before they flame out."

Sirius, which saw its market cap fall from $15 billion to $11.3 billion, is still overvalued, Journal columnist Jesse Eisinger told CNBC. Sirius would need 45 million subscribers to justify its market cap, noted Eisinger, "and it has only 800,000."

Hype Meets Reality

Is pay radio hype running into real world reality? Consider that there are 1 billion "free" radios in circulation in the U.S., compared to fewer than 4 million pay radios. Consider that 180 million Americans listen daily to over-the-air home-town stations, and that 225 million listen at least once a week. Compare that to fewer than 4 million pay satellite radios now in circulation, and one quickly sees why pay radio has zero impact on local radio listening.

Even under the most optimistic circumstances, pay radio will have limited impact on over-the-air radio. Deutsche Bank analyst Drew Marcus noted that "even if satellite radio penetrated 20% of vehicles, broadcast radio would only lose 4% of its revenues."

Churn, Churn, Churn

Finally, there's the issue of pay radio churn. As TheStreet.com's Scott Moritz recently noted, "153,325 customers somehow vanished" from XM in the first quarter of 2004, "putting the monthly churn rate at something like 3.8%, nearly three times the official count" claimed by XM.

Moritz dryly notes that XM counts promotional users -- or, in his words "freeloaders" -- as "actual customers," thus allowing XM to "pump up its subscriber growth." Moritz closed his column with a quote from an "XM company rep," who says XM "may be more open than we have in the past" in disclosing gross subscriber additions.

And you have to wonder how much of an increase in churn there will be when Sirius shocks subscribers by jacking up its monthly fee. Oh, you didn't hear about the rate increase coming?

"Does anybody really think that the price will stay at $12.95 (a month)?" responded Sirius Chairman Joe Clayton yesterday when asked by CNN Money if the monthly subscription price for Sirius will increase.

And there was no mention of tier pricing once Howard Stern arrives.

svuba
12-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Hog Farmer do us a favor & start at least one thread that is football related before continuing with the shameless pimping of a stock that you own.

skye22f
10-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Hog Farmer do us a favor & start at least one thread that is football related before continuing with the shameless pimping of a stock that you own.

Hey Hog Farmer,

How's that working out for you?

Rain Man
10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
https://www.etrade.wallst.com/cgi-bin/upload.dll/file.png?

You got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run...

Calcountry
10-26-2006, 01:12 PM
SIRIUS stock. GEEZ, when ever will my bubble burst. :)Stick to pork bellies dude.

PastorMikH
10-26-2006, 01:18 PM
I hope you got out before it nose dived to $3.50 a share - at least I hope you got in while it was $2-$3 a share if you haven't gotten out of it yet.

If you got in at $6 and are still in, it REALLY needs to start climbing again!

Hog Farmer
10-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Geez, this thread has to be at least a year old, I've been in and out since then 3 times, made money all three, currently in at 4.63 so I gotta wait it out again.

Halfcan
10-26-2006, 11:42 PM
I hate Howard Stern-he acts like such a d#ck. Pete Townsend of The Who just walked out on him half way through an interview.