PDA

View Full Version : The San Diego Super Chargers???

Calcountry
12-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Are they for real or what?

FloridaChief
12-07-2004, 07:09 PM
It would appear so. Until week two of the playoffs, anyways...

Sure-Oz
12-07-2004, 07:09 PM
I think they will win the division and lose the 1st playoff game. We will put the stake in the donkeys heart to knock them out.

Skip Towne
12-07-2004, 07:13 PM
The Chargers are still improving. If they have a good draft they could be awesome next year.

Otter
12-07-2004, 07:14 PM
I can't say any of the vote options reflect my view but they have as good of chance as any team of going to the big game.

There's almost always a team in there at the end of the year that you would never expect.

I'm rooting for Pittsburg then Sandy Eggo to represent the AFC.

2bikemike
12-07-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't think the Chargers are quite ready yet. I think they have struggled the last 3 games. I think they will get in the playoffs and go one and done! Not so sure it will be Marty's fault. I believe the Chargers are playing over there heads now.

TEX
12-07-2004, 07:18 PM
They don't beat themselves and they're pretty balanced which are trademarks of good teams. Are they elite? Not in my opinion as they're clearly a notch behind Indy, Pittsburgh, and New England, but they've made great progress and could win a game in the playoffs if they play the right team at home. In my mind they're on par with the Jets, Ravens, Jags, and Broncos - not a great team but a better than average one.

OldTownChief
12-07-2004, 07:22 PM
They don't beat themselves and they're pretty balanced which are trademarks of good teams. Are they elite? Not in my opinion as they're clearly a notch behind Indy, Pittsburgh, and New England, but they've made great progress and could win a game in the playoffs if they play the right team at home. In my mind they're on par with the Jets, Ravens, Jags, and Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) - not a great team but a better than average one.

I agree, I think the'll play one of the weaker wild cards and win one at home.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Yes they are for real. They have an outstanding elite RB, a stout defense and a QB who is HOT right now. They might even win a playoff game but i dont see them getting any farther than that this year. Marty will find some new way to @#CK things up. Ive seen it far too many times. BTW, they would be fools to let Brees walk in the offseason. They have no idea what that have in Rivers. They should trade him to a QB desperate team. Even Tomlinson is campaigning to keep Brees around after this year now:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/don_banks/12/06/tomlinson.brees/index.html

Skip Towne
12-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Brees and Tomlinson are buddies. They came from the same draft and were rookies together.

David.
12-07-2004, 07:46 PM
I think the Chargers are gonna own the division for 2 or 3 years. They're young and coming up. Everyone else is getting older.

Douche Baggins
12-07-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm rooting for them...but Marty WILL screw it up.

This year they will bomb in the playoffs...Indy or New England will tear them a new asshole.

Next year Marty will ensure the downfall of the franchise. Brees vs Rivers. It's Gannon vs Grbac all over again.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Next year Marty will ensure the downfall of the franchise. Brees vs Rivers. It's Gannon vs Grbac all over again.

hahah...God, I hope Marty has learned from his mistakes. But that was probably more of Carl's doing than anything. Your right, Marty will find some new way to screw up in the playoffs again. We have all seen it too many times. Not just in KC for 10 season but in Cleveland before us.